Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Frozen-Solid posted:

Struck out at Target and TRU today. Picked completely clean.

Mine is in the middle of a remodel, and even though the toy section seems to have moved to its new spot, they still have barely restocked. I just want to blow my money on some S6 Minifigs already :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Have those wolf claws been used for anything else, or are they new? I bet they use them for Wolverine in the new Marvel line(I thought Megablocks had the Marvel rights).

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

RodShaft posted:

Have those wolf claws been used for anything else, or are they new? I bet they use them for Wolverine in the new Marvel line(I thought Megablocks had the Marvel rights).

That seems to be exactly what they're doing! Definitely seem designed more for him than a Werewolf.

And the Marvel stuff gets complicated because of the movies, but Lego apparently got most of the cool stuff back. Looks like they snagged the rights to all the comic book stuff and the Marvel Studios movies, but Megablocks still has the Spider-Man movie rights unfortunately.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

RodShaft posted:

I first started seeing them in the Prince of Persia line.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

All my local walmart have random City, Pharaoh's Quest and S5 mini figs on a pretty steep discount. Looks like 50% off on most of them, stocks vary from store to store, just a quick heads up is all.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I first started seeing them in the Prince of Persia line.

They actually appear to be different molds.
Look at some of the pics of the Wolfman from Monster Fighters and his claws are just claws, whereas the PoP claws have some wort of gauntlet attached.
I would bet the Wolverine minifig will use the same claws as the Wolfman.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

Robohobo?

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!
Have you guys considered checking the weight of the Minifig packs to determine what's inside? I am sure that a 0.01g precision scale can find any fig much faster and safer than the touching method or the bump codes. You collector types must have some scale around from weighing unopened TCG booster packs.

I found a cheap scale here:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/portable-pocket-digital-scale-100g-0-01g-2-aaa-52541
Though they take long to deliver, this one is the cheapest scale I found.

Pseudo-God fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 4, 2012

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Serious Michael posted:

Robohobo?

With Thor's loving hammer, no less.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
I would buy robohobo.

I picked up the minotaur, surgical nurse, Lady Liberty, mechanic, robot, and space girl yesterday, plus two TIE Interceptors/Death Star. I think I might have to go get more of S6 before they disappear, they're all pretty neat. I also spent about an hour and made Destiny's Bounty and I have to say, it has to be one of the coolest sets ever. It's just dripping with style and the transformation gimmick is really slick. I mean, how can you not like a flying ninja steampunk-ish boat?

As soon as I finished, a load of Spartans showed up, said something about Sparta, and well... we're all hosed now.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I still haven't found any s6.
I think this is the longest it's been since a wave of minifigs was released before it showed up in my area.

With the exception of series 1, which never appeared.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

InfinEight posted:

This is awesome. My favourite part is the one Spartan in the back who doesn't seem to realize his helmet is on backwards. Or perhaps he's afraid of facial injuries?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Rare Collectable posted:

This is awesome. My favourite part is the one Spartan in the back who doesn't seem to realize his helmet is on backwards. Or perhaps he's afraid of facial injuries?

That's Special No. 8. Last week he wore his cape on his ankles :downs:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Moleskine are catering for the AFOL market now.

http://store.moleskine.com/en/lego-limited-edition-notebook.html?gclid=CJ-z4L2Qha4CFecmtAodl2Yk4w

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

InfinEight posted:

I would buy robohobo.

I picked up the minotaur, surgical nurse, Lady Liberty, mechanic, robot, and space girl yesterday, plus two TIE Interceptors/Death Star. I think I might have to go get more of S6 before they disappear, they're all pretty neat. I also spent about an hour and made Destiny's Bounty and I have to say, it has to be one of the coolest sets ever. It's just dripping with style and the transformation gimmick is really slick. I mean, how can you not like a flying ninja steampunk-ish boat?

As soon as I finished, a load of Spartans showed up, said something about Sparta, and well... we're all hosed now.

Goddammit now I want that set. I have that many Spartans, too. Take some more pictures of it! :D

Edit: Looking at a review of it, nevermind on the extra pictures. It looks weird as hell deployed.

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 4, 2012

Happysafer
Feb 12, 2007

"You idiots!"

I saw those, but I couldn't figure out if they came with mini figs or not...

I want that pilot.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Pseudo-God posted:

Have you guys considered checking the weight of the Minifig packs to determine what's inside? I am sure that a 0.01g precision scale can find any fig much faster and safer than the touching method or the bump codes. You collector types must have some scale around from weighing unopened TCG booster packs.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/portable-pocket-digital-scale-100g-0-01g-2-aaa-52541

... safer?

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!

Red posted:

... safer?
Safer meaning more certain that the minifig you want is in the bag.

Happysafer posted:

I want that pilot.
That's the Series 3 Pilot, it's quite common.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Serious Michael posted:

Robohobo?
Bionic Commandhobo

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Where does that metal arm come from? I'm gonna need one for my eventual Cable minifig once I get the Deadpool one.

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!

Diet Poison posted:

Where does that metal arm come from? I'm gonna need one for my eventual Cable minifig once I get the Deadpool one.
You can get it from the Series 3 Space Villain.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Pseudo-God posted:

You can get it from the Series 3 Space Villain.

And the series...1? Robot. Which looks dumb, since he only has one.

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!
Well, he wanted that arm for a Cable minifig, and the S3 Space Villain has a matching face as well.

Baggy_Brad
Jun 9, 2003

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I can't draw hands.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Pseudo-God posted:

I get weird looks now, I don't wanna think what ones I will get if I bust out a scale in Walmart. They will prolly think I stole it too. :(

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

You'd have to buy a bunch of minifigs, weigh them, and open them to see what they were in the first place to put together a system. And unless you're after one particular minifig that would be rather self-defeating anyway.

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!

Torael_7 posted:

You'd have to buy a bunch of minifigs, weigh them, and open them to see what they were in the first place to put together a system. And unless you're after one particular minifig that would be rather self-defeating anyway.
I actually googled this, and apparently the weights are posted online. You could even profit by selling specific minifigs online. Just go to the store with your list and get all the ones you want and no others.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Pseudo-God posted:

I actually googled this, and apparently the weights are posted online. You could even profit by selling specific minifigs online. Just go to the store with your list and get all the ones you want and no others.

It just sounds ridiculous. Then again, I guess if you have a drug habit, you might as well get a little more mileage out of your scale.

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!
Believe it or not, scaling Trading Card Game booster packs is quite common for serious collectors, since apparently the rare cards with foils and holograms have a tiny difference in weight that only the scale can pick up.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I not sure which one would make me look creepier at Wal-Mart and the LEGO store, a grown man obsessively fondling plastic envelopes or obsessively calibrating a postage scale.

I almost bought an old postage sale to use for e-bay sales from Goodwill last week. If only I'd known...

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority
so, Bricks by The Bay is coming up soon. :siren:

Who else is registered? I'm really only going because I live nearby, but hope to catch up with any goons that will be in attendance.

http://www.bricksbythebay.com/

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Got the bug again for a Lego build, so I headed out to TRU tonight and got the Tantive IV. Seems like a cool build so far. Picked up some of the new minifigs as well. I've also got the VW Bus on order too. It's going to be a Legotastic month!

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Feb 5, 2012

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Got the bug again for a Lego build, so I headed out to TRU tonight and got the Tantive IV. Seems like a cool build so far. Picked up some of the new minifigs as well. I've also got the VW Bus on order too. It's going to be a Legotastic month!

Any chance of some more impressions from Tantive IV? I'm on the fence about buying it at the moment.Is it an interesting build or lots of technic and repetition?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jut posted:

Any chance of some more impressions from Tantive IV? I'm on the fence about buying it at the moment.Is it an interesting build or lots of technic and repetition?

At this point now I'm halfway done. I'd say 2/3's of the model are unique builds and sections, with the last third being the engine cluster which is very repetitive. By technic, if you literally mean having a lot of Technic brand pieces, then no, very little in fact. It's really only used as the backbone of the ship that everything else branches off of.

It's quite a cool, greebly model too. Tons of little details everywhere, and more accurate to the screen model than the old Lego Blockade Runner. Id say it's about 17" long as well, so a decent size for the price. The only thing I dislike it all is the top half of the cockpit compartment. It's cast in clear plastic, and then painted the color of the ship . Obviously they did it this way because it's an odd, barrel shaped section, and casting in clear plastic was on the only way to incorporate windows into the design. The problem is the paint application is really light, so you can really tell it's still clear plastic. They probably could have made a better effort by putting on thicker coats of more opaque paint, as well as a second coat on the inside surface, so it's an unfortunate oversight.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

Rare Collectable posted:

"OUR ARROWS WILL BLOCK OUT THE SUN!"
"Retardoniedes' helmet does a good enough job"

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Serious Michael posted:

"OUR ARROWS WILL BLOCK OUT THE SUN!"
"Retardoniedes' helmet does a good enough job"

Retardoniedes is the best name now.

So I found a picture review of the new Tie Fighter here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=495847 and I think it's now a must-buy. But really, $55? Hopefully I'll have spare :10bux: next time there is a sale.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

InfinEight posted:

So I found a picture review of the new Tie Fighter here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=495847 and I think it's now a must-buy. But really, $55? Hopefully I'll have spare :10bux: next time there is a sale.

My local Walmart has it on shelves already, and for only $50

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Xenophon posted:

My local Walmart has it on shelves already, and for only $50

Argh, been watching at mine and today the had signs saying New star wars legos coming Feb 10th. I don't wanna wait till then, I want my x wing :(

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

InfinEight posted:

"SPARTANS WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?!"
"HAAAA-OOOOOOH"
*Retardoniedes shits himself*

Request you create more adventures of Retardoniedes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

InfinEight posted:

I bought it and built it with my girlfriend, all around I thought it was a pretty good build. It sits on my shelf beside my two star destroyers and looks awesome.

I wish it was $55, it was 69.99 plus tax here :(