Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Woz My Neg rear end posted:

way to spend 300 words explaining what the film does in five seconds with the vase bit

The 1999 movie The Matrix heavily incorporates the idea of self-fulfilling prophecies. One recognizable scene that directly references to it is when Morpheus takes Neo to see the Oracle. When Neo walks in to speak to the Oracle, she says "I'd ask you to sit down, but you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase." Neo answers "What vase?" and turns around to see what she could be talking about, but in doing so knocks over and breaks a vase that was sitting on a counter next to him. Neo apologizes and the Oracle reminds him not to worry about it. Neo asks how she knew, to which the Oracle responds, "What's really going to bake your noodle later on is: would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
well the matrix is a very deep and philosophical movie that proles just won't get so i have to explain everything in the simplest termsohgodsomeonepleasekillme

Pain Wizard
Mar 26, 2010

JawnV6 posted:

bake your noodle
:350: hell yea :420:

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

well the matrix is a very deep and philosophical movie that proles just won't get so i have to explain everything in the simplest termsohgodsomeonepleasekillme

bomb rear end fight scenes but no titties. 3/10

someone change the matrix wiki article to only say the above

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

i remember having a conversation right after they came out about how bad the sequels were, while one dude continually insisted that we just didn't get it man

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i just rewatched the first matrix the other day for the first time in years and i still think it is a Good Movie

however you can really see why it became insufferable aspie shutin nerd wank material when viewed in retrospect, jesus fucknig christ

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the first one is good, but should have ended five seconds earlier with him walking off into the crowd rather than the stupid flying poo poo

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sweevo posted:

the first one is good, but should have ended five seconds earlier with him walking off into the crowd rather than the stupid flying poo poo

then ratm + marilyn manson in teh credits

that more than anything took me back to the late 90s

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
my 14 y/o mind was blown when i first saw the matrix then when the ratm song came on at the end i was like whoaa-woweee. it was literally the greatest thing i ever saw/heard up until then

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

its funny b/c that song came out almost ten years before the movie

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
ya i was 14 i didn't even know

i didn't even have a clue

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Dumbledore 64 posted:

ya i was 14 i didn't even know

i didn't even have a clue

sounds about right. god drat teenagers

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Lamont Cranston posted:

i remember having a conversation right after they came out about how bad the sequels were, while one dude continually insisted that we just didn't get it man

i had a similar conversation about natural born killers. i said i didn't like it, and some chick asked me if i understood that it was satire

yeah, i didn't like it because the satire was too subtle

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

DaTroof posted:

i had a similar conversation about natural born killers. i said i didn't like it, and some chick asked me if i understood that it was satire

yeah, i didn't like it because the satire was too subtle

best rodney dangerfield role evar

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

haljordan posted:

best rodney dangerfield role evar

"what am I watching, a coupla fags? kill that loving indian!"

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
idg rodney dangerfield

i think i prefer it that way

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

The most commonly-used approach to building a puzzle is to start by separating the edges from the inside pieces. Once the edges are connected it is easier to move inward. For those new to puzzles, it is recommended to choose one consisting of multiple areas with contrasting designs and colors. This enables the narrowing down of potential portions of the puzzle where a particular piece will fit.

One puzzle solving strategy is the use of the picture on the box as a guide. Once the edge is completed and the location of a particular piece is discovered (in the picture), it can be placed inside the overall puzzle at the approximate location it belongs. Done enough times and, eventually, interlocking the pieces will be possible.

Another approach is to sort the pieces by color, and work on one color at a time. When working large areas with the same color (such as the sky in many landscape puzzles), shape is important. All the pieces of a particular color can be laid in a grid and tried against other pieces in the grid.

Many large jigsaw puzzles have redundancy in their cut pattern. Many have 180° rotational symmetry around their center point. Puzzles of 1000 pieces also usually involve a smaller cut pattern that is repeated 4 or 6 times over the whole jigsaw, and that smaller cut pattern usually also has 180° rotational symmetry, so a particular shape may appear 8 or 12 times in the puzzle (although with truncation for edge pieces). It is possible to identify the presence of these symmetries or repetitions relatively early in the process of completing the edge frame. When redundancy is identified, it is possible to use already solved parts of the puzzle to identify the exact shapes of pieces required to complete other sections, greatly simplifying the search.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

idg rodney dangerfield

i think i prefer it that way

how do you not "get" rodney dangerfield

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
you know that episode of where Bobby Hill doesn't get the Ray J. Johnson record?

that's me w/ rodney. just not getting' how it's funny.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
idg

no respect

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

My wife likes to talk after sex, so she called me from a hotel room, said "I don't respect you."

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

idg

af

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_balls

this is the actual name for the article, no redirects here

Wikipedia posted:

See also: Erotic sexual denial

keepin it classy as always, jimbo

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_ovaries

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

also lol at one of the links

http://www.altpenis.com/news/blue_balls.shtml

yeah i'm into some pretty obscure penises, you probably haven't heard of them

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

also lol at one of the links

http://www.altpenis.com/news/blue_balls.shtml

yeah i'm into some pretty obscure penises, you probably haven't heard of them

pffff i had those penises on vinyl

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

some friends of mine got drunk with jimmy wales last night. that is a goddamn surreal thing to find on the facebooks, let me tell ya'.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

haljordan posted:

pffff i had those penises on vinyl

I liked those penises before they got big

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I liked those penises before they got big

:thurman:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I love how well-cited this article is.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

:stare:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

i approve of this

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

huh, i didn't realize kirk fox was on that show. his stand up is really funny.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Guiding_Light

Leah Felicia Bauer is the daughter of Frederick "Rick" Bauer and Melissande "Mel" Boudreau. She was born on March 30, 2004 (on-screen). She has an older paternal half-brother Jude Coop Bauer. In May 2006, her birthday was changed to March 3s Lewis is the former adopted son of Anthony "Mallet" Camalletti and Marina Cooper Camalletti. Mallet was unable to have children so Mallet and Marina begun looking into adopting a baby. The adoption agency wouldn't move them up on because of Marina's past relationship with former mobster Danny Santos. He is later revealed to the biological son of Shayne Lewis and the late Lara Pizano. Not wanting Henry to have two fathers, Mallet left and gave up his rights. Henry is now the son of Shayne and Marina
code:
Chloe Jones 2006
Lucy Jones 2007 presnat
__Stacey Morasco__ Born July 17 2006 to Lila and James Morasco by emergency c-section àfter her mother finds out that she it pegnant she gose to tell james but when finding him her cat fluffy runs down the stairs as she tells james she is 8 months pegnant and falls down 5 stories of staris and out a window 2 stroies from the balconey. When james find her unconchess
code:
On the floor bleeding  he calls the hospital and they come right a way rush her to the hospital and deliverys a baby and just to find out its twins.
Lucy Jones 2006 Chloe jones 2007 presant

Sara Morasco Born on july 16 2006 to Lila and james morasco. After her mother is rushed to the hospital and has a emergency c-setion. First bor is Stacey than after she is born the find out it is twiins.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Its unlikely to be aired over here. Is it worth downloading at all or is it only ok?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

duTrieux posted:

some friends of mine got drunk with jimmy wales last night. that is a goddamn surreal thing to find on the facebooks, let me tell ya'.

I fuckin love hanging out with minor celebrities. theyre super insecure

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Its unlikely to be aired over here. Is it worth downloading at all or is it only ok?

my grandma was an extra on that show so yes

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendship
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
love me some parks and rec

first season was kinda meh but after that it just kept getting better and better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

julian assflange posted:

yes, skip the first season until you've watched the rest of the series