Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

VisAbsoluta posted:

Also, this [VVVVVV band]

:3:

Which is loaded into the screen 8 pixels at a time, in 8x8 tile blocks, carefully simulating the way it looked if you streamed off a Commodore 64 floppy disk right into bitmapped video memory.

:3: doesn't begin to describe this game if you grew up with the C64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACPaco
Jan 3, 2009

:420: party everyday :420:
I'm done with Oblivion. Cheats can make up for unbalanced gameplay, but nothing helps piss poor writing and repetitive level design. Seriously, an Oblivion Gate outside of every little town, and you have to close them all to progress the main story? Each one is pretty much the same level, with the same stupid tower and the same anti-climactic ending. What lazy filler bullshit. Really disappointing considering how rich the rest of the world is. With all the extra pointless nonsense they threw in, they could have made the way you get the individual towns to help out a little more diverse. Or make the Oblivion Gates more unique than slightly different routes to get into the towers. Or something.

Even the console cheat 'CloseCurrentOblivionGate' didn't make it any less boring.

I got to an actual fun part, taking back the castle of Kvatch, and the game crashed and my save file is corrupted. I have absolutely no desire to retrace my steps through these gate quests again. I've wasted 19 hours on this so I'm calling it complete.

beef express
Sep 7, 2005

The highest technique is to have no technique.
The gates are bullshit, but you only need to close the ones near major towns, the others keep respawning iirc.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Finally decided to hop onboard. Can I get added to the list? :v:

http://www.backloggery.com/geop

Kinda in the process of updating what I've played/beaten/etc and removing fluff titles that are "unbeatable" (ie: Multiplayer mode, MMO, sandbox game, etc), and that's gonna take me a bit.

Maybe once I get through these (ahahahahaha), I can get around to adding some console games that I've been stalling on.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
Beat Assassin's Creed Brotherhood finally at 36.1 hours total. Fun game and will have to pick up Revelations once it goes for cheap as I do seem to get some good time out of them.

Time to start playing Batman: Arkham City

Mmann
Dec 1, 2007

Kyoon Was Right
12/21/12
I have been playing a lot of video games!
New job with a split shift means I have a couple hours a day where I'm at home and everyone I know is still at work, which means I can play all the games.
Since the new year I have beaten more games than I think I beat all last year combined.

NyxQuest - Not a bad little platformer. It has a good multi-jump and glide mechanic that never felt too loose to me, and a little bit of physics based puzzling here and there. I died a few times but the checkpointing isn't punishing enough to take the fun out of the game and the collectables and unlockable bonus level give me something to maybe go back for some day.
Took me about two hours to beat it, going in blind, so I'm not sure if I could reccomend it for 10$, but I'm glad I picked it up in a sale or bundle somewhere along the way.

Sonic Generations - The last Sonic game I played was Sonic & Knuckles for the Sega back when I was in junior high, so I wasn't sure what to expect and I honestly didn't know any of the characters I was saving. It was still pretty fun though!
The 3D stages took some getting used to because I had never done that style of play before but I caught on and it became easily as fun as the classic style levels.
A great game up until the final boss which was pretty terrible.

And Yet It Moves - I wasn't nearly as fond of the game as I feel I should have been. I think I would have had a blast with it if momentum wasn't conserved when the screen shifted, but with how the physics worked it felt like I was being punished if I tried to anything that looked or felt awesome. Even small jumps could become deadly if you spun around too much so a potentially cool mechanic ended up being used only in the most utilitarian of ways to avoid accidental death.
The puzzles were neat but sometimes felt like they were repeated too many times in a single level.
I don't want to call it a bad game but by the end I just wasn't having as much fun as I was at the start, and I was glad when I got through the last level.

Zeno Clash - Some levels weren't nearly as fun as others but I still really, really enjoyed this game. I'm not much of a first person shooter player so combat managed to feel frantic even when it was usually just a few enemies at a time and the melee combat felt far deeper than it actually was.
The art style and world were amazing and the story hurt my brain in the sort of way that I enjoy. It is my new favorite first person punching game, because I can't really think of any other first person action games that focus more on melee than they do guns.

Xotic - A lot of people don't really like this game but I enjoyed the heck out of it. It's sort of like baby's first shooter in a way. It's colourful, doesn't have many enemies, and it's not that easy to die unless you aren't being careful. Xotic is to FPS what a Fisher-Price toolbox is to carpentry.
I liked the super floaty jumps and the holographic floor mechanic that let me jump around pretty much where-ever I wanted to jump. Really arcadey feeling with the various score and time attack modes for each level, and leaderboards even in the campaign.

A.R.E.S. - Not my favorite game but it is certainly my favorite MegaMan game on Steam. It reminded me a lot of playing MegaMan X games on my SNES, which is a series I was never really good at, but that was enough to keep me going because it has been way too long since I played a MegaMan game.

LA Noire - I went into this game expecting an adventure game with some action sequences and I got just that. I'm a huge fan of old time radio detective shows like Pat Novak, Dragnet, and Boston Blackie so this games setting felt right up my alley.
I liked the ending, though not the last mission, and I think the only way I could have liked this game more would have been a little more openess. It felt a little more linear than I expected it to be and I would have enjoyed more freedom in following up clues and leads during the investigations.

Space Marine - A pretty good game! The character feels heavy, the attacks have solid impacts, and I felt like an unstoppable juggernaught against all but the largest swarms and biggest enemies. The upgrades and new weapons come fast and hard through the first two thirds of the game so there was a constant sense of character progression despite having no RPG elements or stats.
I even liked the kamikaze squigs because they were loud enough to let me know they were coming, so it didn't feel extremely cheap when they exploded and killed me dead. It just made me feel like I had to pay a little more attention to my surroundings and the oncoming waves.
The closest thing to a problem I encountered in the game is how you almost need to know what is coming up ahead of time to make sure you have the right weapons. Nothing sucked more than having no really powerful long ranged weapons when I walked into what turned out to be a long range combat sequence.

I'm currently working on VVVVVV and Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, though I'm stuck banging my head against the Necromancer boss fight in Clash of Heroes. That fight has had my progress stalled for over a week now.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Two hundred games not completed! gently caress the police :confuoot:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ACPaco posted:

I got to an actual fun part, taking back the castle of Kvatch, and the game crashed and my save file is corrupted.

:stare: Isn't this like the very very beginning of the main quest? I wouldn't be able to play Oblivion nowadays and all but you haven't seen anything yet. You should maybe try to come back to this game in some time and at least complete the main quest and Dark Brotherhood sidequests - the latter being one of the best questlines in the whole Elder Scrolls setting.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mmann posted:

Space Marine - A pretty good game!
I know this is the opposite of the purpose of this thread, but I just bought this game because it's like $20 right now, and I'm a sucker for 40k. Just wanted to hear if it was any good first.

Does the Iron Hands chapter get any love? God drat crazy isolationist cyborg bastards. :allears:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Feb 6, 2012

ACPaco
Jan 3, 2009

Palpek posted:

:stare: Isn't this like the very very beginning of the main quest? I wouldn't be able to play Oblivion nowadays and all but you haven't seen anything yet. You should maybe try to come back to this game in some time and at least complete the main quest and Dark Brotherhood sidequests - the latter being one of the best questlines in the whole Elder Scrolls setting.

Actually no. Yes, very early on I had become the Hero of Kvatch by closing the Oblivion Gate there, then they said, "Oh wait, we have to take back the castle, too!" and I said, "gently caress that, according to this dandy quest tracker that poo poo is optional!" Then I took Martin back to Jauffrey and after discovering the Amulet of Kings got jacked we high-tailed it to Cloud Ruler Temple. I actually spent a lot of time doing all kinds of junk after this, getting progressively more and more bored, until I finally hit my breaking point the other night, as described above.

Now Assassin's Creed is another story. This game still has me by the balls. Something about that eagle cry every time you dive off a tower into a bale of hay, I can't help but smile. Also killing Templars. In fact I'd be killing Templars right now if I wasn't so caught up in reading Video Game Hoaxes and Urban Legends: Still The Best. 1973. I'm up to page 44 and I've already learned so much about Killswitch, Pokemon: Black, a haunted cartridge of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and the infamous butter monster of Bio Force Ape. Too bad I can't chalk this up in my Backloggery when I'm done.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Just beat Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I really like the main game, but the science fiction bullshit is so unnecessary. I wish the developers had the balls to do a straight historical work. Admittedly, I loved doing the Subject 16 stuff, but I felt the secret society through time stuff could still be in the game without Desmond's storyline.

I really liked rebuilding the city, but Rome seemed lifeless. Citizens just wandered around the streets looking oblivious. I wanted to see people in Taverns, children dancing around and being dumb kids, people hanging with their family. I guess I never got a sense of an indifferent world in the game.

However, this game does a great job of making me feel like a badass. A lot of this comes from the animations, as Ezio has a great swagger to his walk, and his takedowns look and sound great.

Next up: getting around to beating Witcher 2!

Besson fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 6, 2012

Mmann
Dec 1, 2007

Kyoon Was Right
12/21/12

Colon V posted:

I know this is the opposite of the purpose of this thread, but I just bought this game because it's like $20 right now, and I'm a sucker for 40k. Just wanted to hear if it was any good first.

Does the Iron Hands chapter get any love? God drat crazy isolationist cyborg bastards. :allears:

No Iron Hands as far as I saw, at least in the single player campaign, there are a lot of chapter pack DLCs for Multi though.

In campaign you play as the Ultramarines, and run into Blood Ravens and Un-named, seemingly Khorn oriented, Chaos Space Marines near the end of the game.
I recall seeing some single player texture packages on forums around the time the demo came out though. They'll still call you Ultramarine but you can look like another chapter and even get a helmet on Titus but I'm not sure if they work in the full version or were just working for the demo.

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people.
Speaking of Assassin's Creed, I just finished the second game in the series. Although the ending wasn't as satisfying as I would have hoped, it was a great game and I had a lot of fun with it. I might have to pick up Brotherhood the next time it has a good sale. In the meantime, I need to figure out how to access the post-game DLC for II.

JimboMaloi
Oct 10, 2007

Mmann posted:

No Iron Hands as far as I saw, at least in the single player campaign, there are a lot of chapter pack DLCs for Multi though.

In campaign you play as the Ultramarines, and run into Blood Ravens and Un-named, seemingly Khorn oriented, Chaos Space Marines near the end of the game.
I recall seeing some single player texture packages on forums around the time the demo came out though. They'll still call you Ultramarine but you can look like another chapter and even get a helmet on Titus but I'm not sure if they work in the full version or were just working for the demo.

The first of those spoilers is probably unnecessary; they're the one constant in every 40k game Relic has made.

Mmann
Dec 1, 2007

Kyoon Was Right
12/21/12
I figured it was better to be safe than sorry.
I'm always a little bit worried about posting potentially spoilery things in a thread that is primarily for people who haven't played most of the games they've bought over the last few years.

But yeah, I wasn't surprised to see them turn up.
I knew it was coming but I just didn't know where or when they'd get them in there.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The ads (and multiplayer) even spoiled the Chaos Space Marines, so don't feel too bad.

I'm disappointed about there not being much Iron Hands love, but not the least bit surprised. They're a really secondary chapter, and the most likely way for them to ever get any love would be as an excuse for Space Marine in-fighting in a Salamanders game.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
It's been almost exactly a month, but it is done. I have beaten Planescape: Torment for the first time. Time for a bit of a moratorium on RPGs, much like my moratorium on FPSen for awhile after Deus Ex last year. When I do get back to them, it'll be Alpha Protocol and then Fallout.

Mmann posted:

Sonic Generations - The last Sonic game I played was Sonic & Knuckles for the Sega back when I was in junior high, so I wasn't sure what to expect and I honestly didn't know any of the characters I was saving. It was still pretty fun though!
The 3D stages took some getting used to because I had never done that style of play before but I caught on and it became easily as fun as the classic style levels.
A great game up until the final boss which was pretty terrible.

A few years back, before I had a gaming PC and thus when my backlog was much shorter, I went on a grim deathmarch through, well, the Second Area of Sonic Generations: Sonic Adventure 1&2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog.

You didn't miss much. I hear that the PS3 era (Sonic 2006, Unleashed) was even worse, though Colors seems to have been well-received. I wasn't a big fan of the Colors throwbacks in Generations, though.

That aside, Generations has the best Sonic 3D play I've ever played.

When the lure of the Planes palled, I revisited Generations. Speaking of which, I have also now managed this:

Can't call it "complete" until I do all the side missions and collect all the scavenger hunt bits. That I'm not feeling much urge to do.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'd say the side missions and Red Rings are easier than S-Ranking all acts, as long as you don't try to S-Rank the side missions too.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Picked up Fortix 2 as part of that indiegala sale, and beat it twice in my first sitting. Still a lot more PITA stuff to call it complete, but it's nice to have a game that actually grabbed my interest and held it the whole way through.

edit: using Steam2backloggery, and noticed with the new version it doesn't require LUA. Then I noticed why my Sam and Max series I picked up isn't working. Thanks for that info in the OP, I'm a lot less angry at telltale now.
edit2:S&M still not working. gently caress telltale.

Shovelmint fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 7, 2012

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Vizrt posted:

Speaking of Assassin's Creed, I just finished the second game in the series. Although the ending wasn't as satisfying as I would have hoped, it was a great game and I had a lot of fun with it. I might have to pick up Brotherhood the next time it has a good sale. In the meantime, I need to figure out how to access the post-game DLC for II.

There isn't any; Sequence 12 and 13 are DLC on the consoles.

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people.

Zedd posted:

There isn't any; Sequence 12 and 13 are DLC on the consoles.

Oh, wow. They fit into the story so well I wasn't aware they were DLC.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Finally finished Magicka. Lot's of technical faults sucked the fun right out of this one, it became a tedious chore to get this game finished. CTD's, "death cycles", characters stuck in the shield regen pose, not re-spawning when dead, unable to skip cut-scenes even when they come up with the "skip" button. Ugh.

Can anyone recommend something from my unfinished list? After that experience I'm just looking for something "dumb", something super easy with nice controls and isn't going to crash on me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xik posted:

Finally finished Magicka. Lot's of technical faults sucked the fun right out of this one, it became a tedious chore to get this game finished. CTD's, "death cycles", characters stuck in the shield regen pose, not re-spawning when dead, unable to skip cut-scenes even when they come up with the "skip" button. Ugh.
Did you try to play through Magicka solo? Jesus Christ, you poor, poor bastard.

World of Goo is a fairly easy, and very charming little puzzle game. and Crayon Physics Deluxe is simple almost to the point of being insulting at times. If you're not in a puzzle mood, Plants vs Zombies is also quite excellent, with a very nice difficulty curve. (Minor tip: Of all the 'upgraded' plants, only the Double Sunflower is crucial for anything but very specific Endless Survival strategies. Everything else can safely be skipped until you have money to burn.)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 9, 2012

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

And if you want something more visceral, Doom is about as basic as an FPS can get. Install Brutal Doom for maximum cathartic bloodletting.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Colon V posted:

Did you try to play through Magicka solo? Jesus Christ, you poor, poor bastard.

Yeah, solo. I started playing it with a bud but ended up just going through it by myself. Oh well, it's over now....

Thanks for the suggestions, I think something like Crayon Physics Deluxe is just what I need right now.

ToxicFrog posted:

And if you want something more visceral, Doom is about as basic as an FPS can get. Install Brutal Doom for maximum cathartic bloodletting.

I've beaten the original Doom ("Ultimate Doom" using ZDoom), Doom 2 & 3 are still unfinished. Not sure if I'm keen to open the Doom 2 bag of worms yet though. I've heard those extra maps (Final Doom) are extremely difficult.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Oh, I got Final Doom confused with original Doom. :downs:

And yeah, IMO level design takes a sharp nosedive in Doom 2 and Final Doom.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I completed Flight Control HD by getting all achievements.

I got World of Goo from the indie bundle and I had a save near the end from my non steam copy, so I beat the last 5-6 levels and then went for OCD flags; so that is marked as completed now.

I fully replayed Half-Life 2 getting every achievement in the process, and I also beat Swords and Soldiers HD
Sword and Soldiers is pretty fun during the Viking part but after that it turns into absolute bullshit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xik posted:

Yeah, solo. I started playing it with a bud but ended up just going through it by myself. Oh well, it's over now....
For what it's worth, the game is much, much more enjoyable multiplayer with some friends. Not enough to go hunting for a group of people RIET NAO, but if a buddy of yours ever picks it up and is looking for people or anything, give it another shot.

ACPaco
Jan 3, 2009

I'm almost done Assassin's Creed but god drat, the difficulty in this game goes from too easy to what you'd expect to just plain impossible. There was a part where I had to jump around a seaport area and I suddenly became the clumsiest assassin in history. I think I fell into the water and drowned about ten times before I even got to the guy I had to kill. I spent about forty minutes alone on the fight with Robert and his Templar goons in front of King Richard and I just had to stop. At one point I actually managed to beat all the guards without losing all but one of my sync before the boss came out himself. You know what happened? He did multiple grab attacks and pulled me through a memory block clipping wall and the game, sensing I was in an area I shouldn't have been in, decided that I was dead, despite still having half-sync. If that's not the game "cheating" I don't know what is. I tried quite a few more times and only half of those did I manage to get past the guards before the boss killed me himself.

I will finish at some point but I was about to break my keyboard in nerdrage.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

ACPaco posted:

I'm almost done Assassin's Creed but god drat, the difficulty in this game goes from too easy to what you'd expect to just plain impossible. There was a part where I had to jump around a seaport area and I suddenly became the clumsiest assassin in history. I think I fell into the water and drowned about ten times before I even got to the guy I had to kill. I spent about forty minutes alone on the fight with Robert and his Templar goons in front of King Richard and I just had to stop. At one point I actually managed to beat all the guards without losing all but one of my sync before the boss came out himself. You know what happened? He did multiple grab attacks and pulled me through a memory block clipping wall and the game, sensing I was in an area I shouldn't have been in, decided that I was dead, despite still having half-sync. If that's not the game "cheating" I don't know what is. I tried quite a few more times and only half of those did I manage to get past the guards before the boss killed me himself.

I will finish at some point but I was about to break my keyboard in nerdrage.

Bummer. The second one is so much better than the first; you'll really enjoy it. The other games don't improve on #2 as much as it improved on the first one.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

And there goes Arcanum! It's a Black Isle/Troika/Obsidian game through and through, which is to say, deeply flawed but well worth playing nevertheless. And how many RPGs let you charge into battle wielding a ball lightning gun and flanked by an army of robots, while also giving you the option to avoid such battles entirely through stealth, or cunning, or just being very convincing in your rhetoric?

My only regret is spending so much time using weapons that weren't the Tesla Rifle.

...well, that and not burying Virgil in a shallow grave outside Shrouded Hills. I didn't appreciate just how incredibly useless he is to a mechanist until he left the party and I recruited Payne - sorry, FRANKLIN PAYNE, GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER - to replace him. I could see him being useful to a caster or even a melee fighter, but as a mechanist I would honestly have been better off with anyone else.

(and accidentally laying the groundwork for a brutal war between Tarant and Cumbria, oops)

All this steampunk, and the recent release of Thief 1 and 2 on GOG, has me in a Thiefy mood, so next up will probably be Thief 2X: Shadows of the Metal Age, an unofficial but very well thought of expansion to Thief 2.

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 11, 2012

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
After about a month, Avadon is completed. Not a bad game on the whole, and the whole fantasy secret policeman angle is nice, but some of the later battles just don't seem well balanced. In particular, if you go with one of the paths that the game has played up as a valid choice for most of the game (disloyalty to Redbeard), the final boss is an unbalanced, unfun, tedious slog that could take hours if you try to fight it normally. Rather than come to outright hate the game, after seeing the other ending, I just hacked some of the health values for the enemies in the final battle and completed it in what would be a sane timeframe (15 minutes).

Worth a look especially if it goes on sale for $2.50 again, but not the most balanced RPG you'll ever see.

ACPaco
Jan 3, 2009

Oh man I finally got through that bullshit fight in Assassin's Creed and of course there's still one more memory block left. gently caress I thought this was going to be it, I can only imagine how much harder it's going to be to finish.

I only won that fight, after another eight tries, through sheer luck and button mashing with just one sync bar left...

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

And you thought the standoff against Robert de Sable was bad? HEH :smuggo: Yeah, the game isn't made for straight-up combat, but it shoehorns you in to it because they wanted an ending with some sort of build-up.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
If you got good enough at counterhits then straight-up combat becomes the solution to everything, and that combat is just you standing surrounded by a huge pile of corpses and more guys running in to die horrible deaths on your blade.

There are occasional Major Battles in Assassin's Creed II, but they're better handled than this one was.

That said, the final memory is pretty solid, and it's also IIRC much shorter. You may as well finish it off.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Geop posted:

And you thought the standoff against Robert de Sable was bad? HEH :smuggo: Yeah, the game isn't made for straight-up combat, but it shoehorns you in to it because they wanted an ending with some sort of build-up.

Given that Thief showed us back in 1998 that you could have a tense and satisfying final showdown with the Big Bad in a stealth game without making it all about overt combat, I wonder why so many stealth-based (or at least ostensibly stealth-friendly) games force you into fights like this.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ACPaco posted:

Oh man I finally got through that bullshit fight in Assassin's Creed and of course there's still one more memory block left. gently caress I thought this was going to be it, I can only imagine how much harder it's going to be to finish.

I only won that fight, after another eight tries, through sheer luck and button mashing with just one sync bar left...

If you didn't do Robert yet here is a tip: Countergrab/grab > throw > bladepounce

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I've beaten Space Marine. The campaign was incredibly disappointingly short. 8 hours, possibly less. I'm really hoping that the co-op and multiplayer are decent. It's got a good base, and does a decent job making you feel like a Space Marine, but it seems fairly obvious that either the main campaign was an afterthought, or they ran out of budget.

ACPaco
Jan 3, 2009

Assassin's Creed completed! I beat the final memory block in just one go without dying, as opposed to the ninety minute epic I had been fighting, and re-fighting, and re-fighting with Robert just before. The ending scenes were the most anti-climactic bullshit...

The game was mostly a lot of fun, if repetitive. I figured out early on the best thing to do was to complete every investigation, save every helpless citizen and climb every view point before completing the area's assassination. My sync bar was already maxed out just past the halfway point. For the most part (:argh: Robert!) I had a very easy time of it and the different kill shots never got old.

What did get old was the background chatter. For such a rich design, the pedestrians populating the game were given like one or two spoken lines per NPC type. By the end of it I just wanted to slice down every beggar woman that was constantly loving harassing me and getting in my way with the same sob story about being poor. "Please sir do you have any money? Just a few coins, please! All I ask is for a few coins! I'm poor and sick and hungry! No YOU don't understand, I have nothing!"

Okay that was cool if a little creepy the first time. Added to the atmosphere a bit and whoa- "Please sir do you have any money? Just a few coins, please! All I ask is for a few coins! I'm poor and sick and hungry! No YOU don't understand, I have nothing!"

Weird. Okay well I guess I just triggered them too close together. I'll just be on my way, round a corner and oh god here comes another woman running over and- "Please sir do you have any money? Just a few coins, please! All I ask is for a few coins! I'm poor and sick and hungry! No YOU don't understand, I have nothing!"

Keep in mind that they will follow you and purposely get in your way and try to stop you while they're doing this. The whole game. In every area. The only variation being the EXACT SAME LINES done by different voice actresses. So they had the opportunity to do other lines but nope, they used multiple "talents" to do the exact same annoying lines that are used again and again and again for a game that takes over fifteen hours to beat. What the flying gently caress were they thinking?

Usually when you say a game is repetitive you're talking about the gameplay, not... whatever the gently caress this was. I mean the gameplay was repetitive too but at least it was fun.

Some of the voice actors sound like they were just people who happened to be working in the building when they needed a line recorded, were brought into the studio, did one take without even being told what their character was and then they were done.

Also, the cities were surprisingly overpopulated with lunatics and drunks, too very different things that just happened to use the same gibbering voice sounds and character animations (only the drunks were holding bottles to, you know, differentiate, I guess). While they were walking around having violent spasms and possibly making GBS threads themselves, they wouldn't touch anyone. Until they saw you. Then they would target you and only you for some playful shoving. By the time I finished the game had conditioned me to hate with a passion both beggars and the mentally handicapped, and handicapped drunks, too. gently caress I guess I've been brainwashed into becoming a Republican, great.

Or maybe that was the TEMPLAR PLOT ALL ALONG! Stay tuned for the sequel, which we made look like is going to start right after these credits are over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turada
Jun 17, 2006

On a mission from God
Beat Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I avoided stealth as much as possible and just murdered everyone because Pistols are overpowered and stealthing is boring. Combat was really fun, I didn't get bored of the hacking mini-game until maybe the very end, I thought it was cool. When you return to Detroit, I got really mad at the game when I couldn't kill Bill Taggart. I realise he had an important role later, and that's fine, but I think he should have just left after the press conference scene rather than remaining in the game world but being invincible. Also the fact that nothing changes when you kill either him or Darrow, or Sarif in the final mission was pretty disappointing.

Flora's Fruit Farm is one of a seemingly endless line of casual/Facebook games I got in a Squeenix/Eidos pack last summer, so I beat that as well. Don't look at me like that.

Front Mission Evolved was an average, bland 3rd-person shooter with mechs. Everything about it was so-so from the combat to the voice acting.

I've almost finished Braid although I'm currently stuck on a World 6 puzzle that I can't do even with a video. After that I think I#ll play Assassin's Creed II and be Italian Batman.