Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Dead Man Posting posted:

I think Zombie Jon has a meeting with power somehow connected to Winterfell given the flashbacks of Ned in GoT, the young fine gentlement in my avatar placing Jon as heir until Bran/Rickon come of age, and Jon remembering (and ultimately forgetting) his oath as a Night's Watch. On a book club context, we see Ned being more of a father figure and Jon being the son, rather than Rob, in the series.

Zombie cat has another purpose that probably is related to the Twins and the safety of her remaining children, also tied to the Kingslayer who is operating in the same region and going off to see her anyways.

Daenarys's plot got interesting with her brother now in the picture for a throne contender. Pretty sure she will win out in the end and will become Queen of the World and savior of the North. Her dragons are needed to slay the Others, afterall, and eventually once she wins the West, she'll reconquer the East and abolish slavery, her name will be remembered for ages, etc. etc.

Zombie Beric seems more like a Champion of Azor Ahai like Zombie Cat.

I forgot who Thoros is so he must be pretty unimportant. Is he a red priest?

Wun Wun I forgot as well.

Ser Pounce I remember and seems to be the only obvious choice left for being Azor Ahai.

Thoros of Myr is the red priest who resurrected Beric Dondarrion. I think he's largely known for going into battle with a flaming sword.

Wun Wun is the giant that Jon adopts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

Xiahou Dun posted:

So, for the record, can I get clarification of who we think might be Azor Ahai?

Possible :

Zombie-Jon
Daenerys
Doulbe-Zombie Beric
Thoros
Wun Wun
Ser Pounce

Definitely not :

Stannis
lemonjape

That about right?

Brienne, Brienne is Azor Ahai. She's got an ice sword that was reforged into a red fire sword and she's gonna stab her true love with it and make it magic and poo poo.

Jon isn't Azor Ahai, Jon will be the avatar of the great other and lead the ice zombies to rampage across the world. His second in command will be undead Melisandre and her head will be backwards 'cause he'll break her neck(because he's an ice zombie) but that's okay because being an ice zombie preserves your tits. It's symbolic, you see, because she misused the power of prophecy, and therefore will be cursed to look backwards forever and also give really awkward blowjobs.

Also, the ice zombies are actually coming to save the world from the dragons, who are evil and manipulating Dany, who is a thundering moron.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Octy posted:

Come on, admit that you only know this because the latest SMBC comic paraphrases it.
No, I just knew it because it's a famous phrase.

Ambiguatron posted:

Also, the ice zombies are actually coming to save the world from the dragons, who are evil and manipulating Dany, who is a thundering moron.
Dany will just spray the whole wight army with her diarrhea. It will then rapidly freeze thus immobilizing them and bringing an end to the undead invasion. Think the T-1000 liquid nitrogen scene in Terminator 2, only with excrement instead of liquid metal.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
GRRM JUST DIED

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
GIANTS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL

GRRM JUST loving DIED

HOLY poo poo

Edit: just kidding, it just means WoW will come out soon!

bigmcgaffney fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 6, 2012

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Giants win, get ready for a tide of football writing and pizza for months.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dead Man Posting posted:

I think Zombie Jon has a meeting with power somehow connected to Winterfell given the flashbacks of Ned in GoT, the young fine gentlement in my avatar placing Jon as heir until Bran/Rickon come of age

I have a feeling all of Ned's flashbacks and Jon being an heir to winterfell will be central to what remains of Jon's plot.

Remember what Ned(?) said in GoT: "A Stark must sit in Winterfell"

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Xiahou Dun posted:

So, for the record, can I get clarification of who we think might be Azor Ahai?

Possible :

Zombie-Jon
Daenerys
Doulbe-Zombie Beric
Thoros
Wun Wun
Ser Pounce

Definitely not :

Stannis
lemonjape

That about right?

Brienne, dummy. Brienne is Azor Ahai.

Welp, looks like I'm a little late with my own idea.

Carly Gay Dead Son fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 6, 2012

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

crazypeltast52 posted:

Giants win, get ready for a tide of football writing and pizza for months.

as opposed to what exactly

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

nuncle jimbo posted:

Well met. At least Thumus Brad'ii will be on Skagos and GRRM will write about his attractive barbarian wife before Davos takes Rickon off his hands and then takes his hands.

Vivek
Jun 27, 2007

I don't know what the the circumstances will be, but the last book needs to have a big ship battle between Davos and Victarion.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

bigmcgaffney posted:

GRRM JUST DIED

gently caress it, I actually Googled this just to double check. :(

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

nuncle jimbo posted:

Food writing and furious masturbation

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bigmcgaffney posted:

Food writing and furious masturbation

This will still continue just in smaller amounts

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Just read a theory over on Reddit that Aegon is a Blackfyre heir as possibly foreshadowed by Septon Meribald in AFFC:

"...He forged a new sign for the yard, a three-headed dragon of black iron that he hung from a wooden post. The beast was so big it had to be made in a dozen pieces, joined with rope and wire. When the wind blew it would clank and clatter, so the inn became known far and wide as the Clanking Dragon."
"Is the dragon sign still there?" asked Podrick.
"No," said Septon Meribald. "When the smith's son was an old man, a bastard son of the fourth Aegon rose up in rebellion against his trueborn brother and took for his sigil a black dragon. These lands belonged to Lord Darry then, and his lordship was fiercely loyal to the king. The sign of the black iron dragon made him wroth, so he cut down the post, hacked the sign to pieces, and cast them into the river. One of the dragon's heads washed up on the Quiet Isle many years later, though by that time it was red with rust."

The idea being that Aegon would be the one of the dragon's heads, symbolizing a Blackfyre heir returning, that would turn red with rust, symbolizing Aegon being seen as a "Targaryen."

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Azure_Horizon posted:

Just read a theory over on Reddit that Aegon is a Blackfyre heir as possibly foreshadowed by Septon Meribald in AFFC:

"...He forged a new sign for the yard, a three-headed dragon of black iron that he hung from a wooden post. The beast was so big it had to be made in a dozen pieces, joined with rope and wire. When the wind blew it would clank and clatter, so the inn became known far and wide as the Clanking Dragon."
"Is the dragon sign still there?" asked Podrick.
"No," said Septon Meribald. "When the smith's son was an old man, a bastard son of the fourth Aegon rose up in rebellion against his trueborn brother and took for his sigil a black dragon. These lands belonged to Lord Darry then, and his lordship was fiercely loyal to the king. The sign of the black iron dragon made him wroth, so he cut down the post, hacked the sign to pieces, and cast them into the river. One of the dragon's heads washed up on the Quiet Isle many years later, though by that time it was red with rust."

The idea being that Aegon would be the one of the dragon's heads, symbolizing a Blackfyre heir returning, that would turn red with rust, symbolizing Aegon being seen as a "Targaryen."

I don't think this has to mean that a Blackfyre will be recognized as legitimate, more that the Golden Company left as a black dragon and comes back with a red head. This does work as a nod to Aegon being a legitimate Targ leading an army that left because of their loyalty to the black dragons though.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

bigmcgaffney posted:

GRRM JUST DIED

I haven't been this excited about a news since I bought aFfC.

Or as dissapointed since I read it.

Tom Toddlesworth
Nov 4, 2008

There is something profoundly erotic about the cosmos.
Sup y'all I finally finished ADWD so this thread is no longer off limits to me. Looking forward to discussing Ser Pounce, Zombie-Jon, and endless watery shits with you guys!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I'm drawing a blank what is daeny's watery shits referring to? did she eventually catch whatever was going around?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
My god I wish I could completely block the entire chapter about her diarrhea from my mind like you have.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
She ate red berries she thought she had seen some old Dothraki crone eat before once and thought they were safe, and alas, they were not.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

neongrey posted:

My god I wish I could completely block the entire chapter about her diarrhea from my mind like you have.

Seconding this. I can't remember who Thoros was until someone in the thread reminded me, but I do have an image of watery shits whenever I post in this thread.

Tom Toddlesworth
Nov 4, 2008

There is something profoundly erotic about the cosmos.

Krinkle posted:

I'm drawing a blank what is daeny's watery shits referring to? did she eventually catch whatever was going around?

GRRM posted:

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was making GBS threads brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.

You're welcome for the shitpost, thread.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
My favorite GRRM shitpost is and will forever be:

GRRM posted:

Monkey poo poo rained down upon them all. Splat, splat, splat.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Krinkle posted:

I was rather disappointed neither her nor her entourage caught that disease. All of them spending hours handling corpses infected with a disease with a 75% mortality rate should have had consequences.

bigmcgaffney posted:

She ate red berries she thought she had seen some old Dothraki crone eat before once and thought they were safe, and alas, they were not.
I think she got some disease/parasite from drinking stagnant water. She even says that drinking more of it worsened her condition.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Not trained medically/biochemically at all so I'm likely to gently caress terms up pretty bad, but:

That's just diarrhea. You get dehydrated pretty quickly if you've got really bad diarrhea, and so you don't have the spare water to poo poo. But if you don't drink water after dehydrating yourself like that you're gonna die.

So it was the berries, the water just made it possible to get through the food poisoning.

e: Also you guys are forgetting her bleeding from menstruation/miscarriage while making GBS threads.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

whowhatwhere posted:

e: Also you guys are forgetting her bleeding from menstruation/miscarriage while making GBS threads.

I wish I could forget the whole book.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Factor_VIII posted:

I was rather disappointed neither her nor her entourage caught that disease. All of them spending hours handling corpses infected with a disease with a 75% mortality rate should have had consequences.

Targs are supposed to be mostly disease proof but yeah I was expecting her posse to start dying.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Targs are supposed to be mostly disease proof but yeah I was expecting her posse to start dying.

GRRM has a massive hard-on for Daenerys and everything to do with her so I wouldn't be surprised if she's the only one left alive at the end.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

Octy posted:

GRRM has a massive hard-on for Daenerys and everything to do with her so I wouldn't be surprised if she's the only one left alive at the end. Tyrion lovingly fucks her, the act described in exquisite detail, and she starts to like it.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

When she went "welp, I hear Targs are immune to disease so it should be totally fine if I handle all these infected corpses" I thought she was setting herself up to get seriously ill and infect her court and city due to her naivety and arrogance. After all, this sounded like the sort of propaganda a royal house would come up with to try and separate itself from the masses and justify its ruling position. But then again Danny is also fireproof, so maybe Targs are supposed to be supernaturally resistant to stuff.

Ambiguatron posted:

Wouldn't he have his in-universe avatar, i.e. Wyman Manderly, doing the loving?

Factor_VIII fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 7, 2012

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Factor_VIII posted:

When she went "welp, I hear Targs are immune to disease so it should be totally fine if I handle all these infected corpses" I thought she was setting herself up to get seriously ill and infect her court and city due to her naivety and arrogance. After all, this sounded like the sort of propaganda a royal house would come up with to try and separate itself from the masses and justify its ruling position. But then again Danny is also fireproof, so maybe Targs are supposed to be supernaturally resistant to stu
The second Dunk & Egg book takes place after "The Great Spring Sickness" killed King Daeron the Good and his two most immediate heirs, Princes Valarr and Matarys. It's super effective.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ambiguatron posted:

GRRM has a massive hard-on for Daenerys and everything to do with her so I wouldn't be surprised if she's the only one left alive at the end. Tyrion lovingly fucks her, the act described in exquisite detail, and she starts to like it.

Factor_VIII posted:

Wouldn't he have his in-universe avatar, i.e. Wyman Manderly, doing the loving?

We should start a "Which of GRRM's avatars fucks Dany before the series is up" pool.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

We should start a "Which of GRRM's avatars fucks Dany before the series is up" pool.
I suppose Tyrion might get to gently caress Dany too. After all he had dreamed about riding a dragon ever since he was a child so he deserves it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzXsqoJhtE&feature=player_embedded

Trailer for the new season of the show. We get to see the riot in King's Landing, Joff be a oval office, Sansa be weepy and useless, Dany still can't act for poo poo, and they're playing up Tyrion, which is fine by me.

zocio
Nov 3, 2011
Dany will be the ninth lady Frey and all of her honey will be Lord Walder's...

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Manderly would cook her in a pie and then gently caress it.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Factor_VIII posted:

I suppose Tyrion might get to gently caress Dany too. After all he had dreamed about riding a dragon ever since he was a child so he deserves it.

For all we know she's loving Moonboy too.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

bigmcgaffney posted:

Manderly would cook her in a pie and then gently caress it.

Westerosi Pie: The Bedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tommen's Mom has got it going on.