Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

KFJ posted:

I decided I wanted something to do so I disabled the Delay DLC mod, but I only have the quest for Lonesome Road? I have the Sierra Madre and Honest Hearts signals, though.

Am I just doing something wrong?

Just disabling the Delay DLC mod won't start up the DLC quests - in fact all it will do is PREVENT them from being started by the normal Delay DLC triggers. If you want to get them to start right now, you can either do it manually via the console (you'll have to look up the quest IDs), or first disable the DLC, save your game, then re-enable the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

KFJ posted:

I decided I wanted something to do so I disabled the Delay DLC mod, but I only have the quest for Lonesome Road? I have the Sierra Madre and Honest Hearts signals, though.

Am I just doing something wrong?

I think you have to listen to the entire signal to get the quests (with Delay DLC enabled).

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Since we're in the middle of 3.0 development here for The Armory, if there's any mods or weapons that we're missing that you'd like to see feel free to mention them. We have a number of new 'popular' additions coming as well as a bunch of far superior replacement artwork for various existing weapons that are left over from lazy/bad ahztek ports so while we're doing all this now's the time to be making any sort of requests.

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009

Connoisseur posted:

In my experience the thing that influences the combat difficulty the most is the halving of the Courier's starting health and endurance bonuses, ie. you take less hits before you die, but you also need less healing items. I think the enemies are unchanged for the most part. Now, I haven't attempted OWB yet and I play on Normal like a total wimp, but I imagine it would be considerably more difficult because of the hard-hitting robot scorpions, trauma harnesses and brushgun lobotomites on later levels (I assume the level scaling has been adjusted to the 35 level cap?). That can be somewhat mitigated with the buffed heavy and medium armors with their new damage resistance. Other advice would boil down to using ample cover and healing items, if you somehow weren't caught unawares by the enemies appearing out of thin air. Nightstalkers would still annihilate you (even more quickly) if they bumrushed you out of nowhere and you didn't have the means to deal with them.

I just started on OWB, and it's actually rather difficult. The robo-scorpions ignore most of my bullets, and a pack of them is horrible.

I got the K-9000 at the start, but it's basically unusable because whenever an enemy draws near a ridiculously loud growling sound plays - It's a lot louder than the rest of the game. The sound also plays a few times at once, which lags the game horribly. So I was stuck with my 10 Hunting Rifle rounds and my dinky little 10mm pistol, pinging away at those robots until they eventually died. I'm level 19 now, I think.

EDIT: Is there any particular reason my companions can't tag along on the DLC quests? I was growing slightly attached to Cass.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

KFJ posted:

EDIT: Is there any particular reason my companions can't tag along on the DLC quests? I was growing slightly attached to Cass.

Certain companions are unstoppable death machines and even the devs knew it.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

KFJ posted:

I just started on OWB, and it's actually rather difficult. The robo-scorpions ignore most of my bullets, and a pack of them is horrible.

I got the K-9000 at the start, but it's basically unusable because whenever an enemy draws near a ridiculously loud growling sound plays - It's a lot louder than the rest of the game. The sound also plays a few times at once, which lags the game horribly. So I was stuck with my 10 Hunting Rifle rounds and my dinky little 10mm pistol, pinging away at those robots until they eventually died. I'm level 19 now, I think.

Are you using Manual Reload? That's probably the reason the K-9000 is making weird noises. You can edit the .esp in Geck to remove the bark-script from the K-9000 and the Fido to get rid of the crashes.

EDIT: Actually if you're lazy, I already have it done for version 1.4.5 so here~ http://www.mediafire.com/?h7dyvby7nx57y66

potaties fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 4, 2012

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back
Is sawyers mod good? I'm looking at a second play through and it sounds pretty neat. I love the idea of a mod from the project director of the game.

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009

potaties posted:

Are you using Manual Reload? That's probably the reason the K-9000 is making weird noises. You can edit the .esp in Geck to remove the bark-script from the K-9000 and the Fido to get rid of the crashes.

EDIT: Actually if you're lazy, I already have it done for version 1.4.5 so here~ http://www.mediafire.com/?h7dyvby7nx57y66

Ooh! Thanks! It's a shame I already sold the gun, thinking it was a lost cause. (Probably would have made OWB a lot easier - .357 ammo being the only ammo I had an abundance of. Ah, the fun of switching to the proton axe when you only have 20 points in melee.)

Is it bad that I feel bad about not science-y enough to not kill Dala?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

Is sawyers mod good? I'm looking at a second play through and it sounds pretty neat. I love the idea of a mod from the project director of the game.

It's great, especially with hardcore.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

Naky posted:

Certain companions are unstoppable death machines and even the devs knew it.

It'd be nice to see an MP5/10 included in the next version. Much as I love the MP5, I have an overabundance of 10mm ammo that needs to be fired from a much prettier gun than the standard SMG.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vorgimmler posted:

It'd be nice to see an MP5/10 included in the next version. Much as I love the MP5, I have an overabundance of 10mm ammo that needs to be fired from a much prettier gun than the standard SMG.

If you have Lonesome Road, try using this weapon.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Boogle posted:

If you have Lonesome Road, try using this weapon.

What that thing does to Deathclaws is simply glorious.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Vorgimmler posted:

What's funny about this is that we originally had it and a bunch others as 10mm and people complained that it wasn't quite accurate. True story. If you don't mind using FNVEdit, you can always change it so that it fires 10mm in your game.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Naky posted:

What's funny about this is that we originally had it and a bunch others as 10mm and people complained that it wasn't quite accurate. True story. If you don't mind using FNVEdit, you can always change it so that it fires 10mm in your game.

If you're really dedicated it wouldn't be that hard to actually just duplicate the basic MP5 and make it into the MP5/10 variant and add it to some loot tables, so that both the 9mm and 10mm versions exist (this is actually a lot less work than it sounds, basically just look at the lists where the 9mm is being used and at the 10mm one to all of those - or different ones if you want it to be more unique).

I kind of wish that NV had an upgrade system like Call of Pripyat, where you've got your modular attachments (which is possible now with the weapon mod menu mod), and a set of fixed upgrades, which can include things like rechambering for a different caliber. I suppose something like that would be possible with some dialogue scripting and such but you'd need enough different caliber variants of weapons for it to be worth the trouble.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Naky posted:

Since we're in the middle of 3.0 development here for The Armory, if there's any mods or weapons that we're missing that you'd like to see feel free to mention them. We have a number of new 'popular' additions coming as well as a bunch of far superior replacement artwork for various existing weapons that are left over from lazy/bad ahztek ports so while we're doing all this now's the time to be making any sort of requests.

The armory is awesome, but I would actually like to see a cut down in the amount of AKs. No really. I mean it makes sense that there would be a shitload of AKs lying around, but they're boring.

Also I love some of the variant pistols (such as the taurus) and wish they would drop more. But everyone in the Waste seems to be packing a pussy 9-mil or a longarm. Snub-nosed pistols are awesome.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Feb 5, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Also I love some of the variant pistols (such as the taurus) and wish they would drop more. But everyone in the Waste seems to be packing a pussy 9-mil or a longarm. Snub-nosed pistols are awesome.
The low-level weapon lists are very rarely accessed by the game script, even if you go everywhere to ensure low-level spawning. Not a whole lot I can do about that, but I could put a few of those snub/compact pistols in the new leveled list as part of NPC miscellaneous inventory (they will replace stuff like beer and stimpacks for example)

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Weird question, but what's that third bookshelf in Lombard Station for, the one next to the magazine and book racks? Is that for me to put whatever I feel like on, or does it have some sorting feature attached? I don't know why I feel this is important enough to ask.

Also, here is a cool mod that I found (Dead Money spoilers):
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=44653
It sucks that you have to kill Dean Domino if you pass a Barter check at the beginning of the DLC telling him that his plan is retarded. I thought that I could show him the Vera blackmail and rationalize with him, but I had to put a bullet in his face instead. This mod seems to let you do so, which makes much more sense.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

The armory is awesome, but I would actually like to see a cut down in the amount of AKs. No really. I mean it makes sense that there would be a shitload of AKs lying around, but they're boring.

There's about as many AK variants in total as are there are AR variants. I remember it was not too long ago that fans of the AK platform were complaining I didn't have enough in comparison so I guess it goes both ways. As for their spawning in the leveled lists, I think it's just more of a matter of the luck of the draw.

WW2 fans can expect to have a few old favorites arriving with the new update though, we finally got some resources we're happy enough with to use and among our replacements so far we've replaced that horrendous M1A1 that was previously in the pack that we just kept forgetting to do something about with something far better. Thank god.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I managed to get Chinese Tony Danza's radio mods in working order by disabling ffdshow for F:NV. It was a lot of trial and error to figure out how to fix it, but in case anyone else has issues with them, that's how I managed to get them to stop cutting out.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

potaties posted:

Also, here is a cool mod that I found (Dead Money spoilers):
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=44653
It sucks that you have to kill Dean Domino if you pass a Barter check at the beginning of the DLC telling him that his plan is retarded. I thought that I could show him the Vera blackmail and rationalize with him, but I had to put a bullet in his face instead. This mod seems to let you do so, which makes much more sense.
I liked the fact that if you were a cool guy he expresses genuine embarrassment and regret for hastily planning to kill you right before his only ticket out of the place showed up. That's how I like to show people up :smug:

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

potaties posted:

Weird question, but what's that third bookshelf in Lombard Station for, the one next to the magazine and book racks? Is that for me to put whatever I feel like on, or does it have some sorting feature attached? I don't know why I feel this is important enough to ask.
It's for Pre-War books. Each version of the Pre-War book gets its own half-shelf, if I recall correctly.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Is it possible just to insert more guns into vendor inventories?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Increasing the amount of guns that randomly spawn, sure.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

More as in more variety or more as in greater quantity? Both are possible and pretty easy to do: Adding in variety means editing the leveled lists by adding the new weapon types to the existing options, while adding more quantity means just raising the count value in the vendor chest.

One thing to note is that if you edit the leveled lists, they get used for everything that references them, which may end up being more than just that one vendor.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

JE Sawyer mentioned something on his Formspring earlier that caught my attention: He mentioned, in passing, that a group of NCR soldiers that existed in the base game were removed in one of the later patches to conserve memory for the console versions. I'm reminded that there are many similar small touches that were removed for the same reason - things that were taken out to make sure the game and its DLCs wouldn't be so big they'd break the machine apart.

Would anyone have a comprehensive idea what was removed in the patches to save memory? Is there already a mod that restores the deleted content? For a PC mod where the system has no shortage of memory, I see no issue with re-adding things.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Gilg posted:

It's for Pre-War books. Each version of the Pre-War book gets its own half-shelf, if I recall correctly.

Wait, so you're telling me that books go on the bookshelf? :downs: Thanks, I feel super special for not figuring that out now!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I liked the fact that if you were a cool guy he expresses genuine embarrassment and regret for hastily planning to kill you right before his only ticket out of the place showed up. That's how I like to show people up :smug:

It just seems like a bit of an oversight, considering I sucked his half-rotten dick for the rest of the DLC despite him being a total rear end, and I still had to shoot him, evidence aside, all because I had the balls to tell him "Yo, if you blow me up in this room, you'll die too, FYI" at the very very start of the DLC.

I was totally doing it your way except for that one choice and argh :(

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Cirosan posted:

JE Sawyer mentioned something on his Formspring earlier that caught my attention: He mentioned, in passing, that a group of NCR soldiers that existed in the base game were removed in one of the later patches to conserve memory for the console versions. I'm reminded that there are many similar small touches that were removed for the same reason - things that were taken out to make sure the game and its DLCs wouldn't be so big they'd break the machine apart.

Would anyone have a comprehensive idea what was removed in the patches to save memory? Is there already a mod that restores the deleted content? For a PC mod where the system has no shortage of memory, I see no issue with re-adding things.

Here is the log for the update you're talking about, 1.3.0.452.

Of note is the following change:

quote:

There are fewer Powder gangers in Primm, down from 5 to 2. There are no changes to the ones inside the Bison Steve Hotel.

That's the only specific change listed in regards to reduced NPCs, and the only example I can think of off the top of my head. It was actually pretty jarring to start a new game and hit Primm, only to find that there were only two convicts wandering around outside.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
It's criminal that Arenovalis' weapon retextures don't work anymore after GRA. Some still work fine, but others, like the Silenced .22, do not. I wish I could pick and choose which textures to use, but I think having WMX and it's respective patch for the retexture pack makes it so you can't? Or maybe I'm just deleting the wrong files from my Data directory. I wonder if I should take the patch into the GECK and remove whatever entries I can find for the broken-textured weapons, and leave the ones for guns that work.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Cirosan posted:

There WAS a full list someone had made (other than what Cream-Of-Plenty posted), but I can't find it anywhere, even on the Vault wiki. If someone can Google better than me, I'd like to see it too.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

potaties posted:

It's criminal that Arenovalis' weapon retextures don't work anymore after GRA. Some still work fine, but others, like the Silenced .22, do not. I wish I could pick and choose which textures to use, but I think having WMX and it's respective patch for the retexture pack makes it so you can't? Or maybe I'm just deleting the wrong files from my Data directory. I wonder if I should take the patch into the GECK and remove whatever entries I can find for the broken-textured weapons, and leave the ones for guns that work.

I thought they did, though? I recall him saying that you might have issues if you install GRA after using WRP, but that re-installing WRP will correct the issue.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I thought they did, though? I recall him saying that you might have issues if you install GRA after using WRP, but that re-installing WRP will correct the issue.

Interesting, I just started with a fresh install of F:NV, but I'll have to try reinstalling WRP when I get home today. I hope you're right, because I've grown so attached to WRP that I don't even remember what the normal 9mm Pistol looks like anymore!

EDIT: It could be WMX messing things up, but I just read this on the comments page on the Nexus for WMX:

Some Dude posted:

-edit-
to sum up : for everyone playing WMX along with WRP, just download the newest WRP package, .22 sil, and the varmint rifle. 3 files, not all the seperate ones. the package one covers all the seperate works.

guys, i just tested WMX patch for WRP, and i have some notes for you:
1) .22 silenced : WRP1.8 package's .22 sil is using default mesh, however WMX patch is for the new mesh vesion, so you have to download seperate .22 sil of WRP.
2) same with varmint and ratslayer, and furthermore the scope mod which is also used for Project Nevada's europian battle rifle(FAL). i don't know why but PN FAL's scope mod doesn't match with new mesh, so you will have to bear with it.
3) hunting rivolver: i tested all version's of WRP, but the scope(not a scope mod) always looked broken, i just don't know why. i guess you have to bear with it too, the model doesn't look so cool anyway, i'd say i can give up with it.
most importantly, great job antistar! i have to give you some kudos but i don't think i can(not a premium member here), i gave you an endorse though.
to be clear, i'm using WMX, WRP, PN altogether, maybe those glitches i reported could be caused by PN, because PN never had WRP compatiblity patch.

So yeah, I guess I'll just try re-installing those and see what happens!

potaties fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 6, 2012

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I've used FOOK since the start of the game since it fixes a lot of little things about the game in one, easy-to-install package. However, these forums have introduced me to the Armory Mod, which I really want to use since I'm a bit of a gun nut.

Also, FOOK's comprehensiveness is getting a bit into my nerves since it causes a lot of redundancy with the other mods I'm using. Would disabling FOOK and forcing a universal cell reset keep my game intact or should I just suck it up?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
There's no reason you can't use FOOK and Armory together as far as I know. TA is just a massive weapon resource you can use via the cabinets or the leveled list esps so conflicts should be few and far between. You may have to create a merged patch for the leveled lists but beyond that...

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Oh man, it worked! I reinstalled WRP along with the standalone .22 and Varmint Rifle retextures, and everything is working perfectly. After fixing that, and the radio issues that I was having, I think I'm finally ready to, you know, play the game :haw: I swear to god, my modding-to-playing ratio has gotta be like, ten to one at this point.

EDIT: Oh god my crippling modding addiction demands more. Does anyone have a mirror or a link to that Bindable Pipboy Light mod? I remember using it and loving it a long time ago, but apparently it's been taken off of the Nexus. There's a different mod that shortens the delay when you hold down the Pipboy button, so that'll have to suffice otherwise, but I figured I'd ask anyway!

potaties fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 6, 2012

Bloodloss
Nov 6, 2007

Bloody fucking blood fuck.
Going to start a new playthrough soon and have spent time today loading up on mods, never having used a single mod before with this game. Cirosan's classic overhaul looks good, but I'm iffing and umming over some of the traits.

Gifted
You were born talented. However, because you were so gifted, you never spent time learning new things. You gain 7 points to raise your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats as you see fit, but earn 5 less skill points per level and get perks every 3 levels instead of every 2.

Gifted was incredibly overpowered in Fallout 1/2 and has been justifiably nerfed here, but maybe too much? Have any of you guys used this and can you weigh in on if if it is worth taking? The mod already reduces the amount of skill points you receive, from what I understand, so making it even worse in addition to only receiving a perk every third level might be a bit much.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Bloodloss posted:

Going to start a new playthrough soon and have spent time today loading up on mods, never having used a single mod before with this game. Cirosan's classic overhaul looks good, but I'm iffing and umming over some of the traits.

Gifted
You were born talented. However, because you were so gifted, you never spent time learning new things. You gain 7 points to raise your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats as you see fit, but earn 5 less skill points per level and get perks every 3 levels instead of every 2.

Gifted was incredibly overpowered in Fallout 1/2 and has been justifiably nerfed here, but maybe too much? Have any of you guys used this and can you weigh in on if if it is worth taking? The mod already reduces the amount of skill points you receive, from what I understand, so making it even worse in addition to only receiving a perk every third level might be a bit much.

Realistically, SPECIAL was more important in FO 1/2 because you weren't personally doing the shooting, running, or sneaking. Lower SPECIAL values in FO 3/NV aren't really an issue--except for the occasional speech checks--and the extra 7 SPECIAL points you get by choosing "Gifted" isn't going to make a huge difference in your game. Sacrificing 5 points per level and 3 levels per perk are pretty stiff penalties, certainly when you consider that you can't dump those points in INT and get any tangible (skill points) benefit out of it.

Also, it's pretty easy to get permanent SPECIAL increases in NV, especially if you have OWB. Combine that with the various implant upgrades at the Followers of the Apocalypse clinic and you'll more or less make up for the 7 points you didn't get by not choosing "Gifted".

Bloodloss
Nov 6, 2007

Bloody fucking blood fuck.
Hmm, yes. That makes sense, and it'd be nice if he made the perk more viable. Do you consider that a flaw of New Vegas? Cirosan tries to fix that problem, to make primary statistics matter as much as they do in Fallout 1 and 2, but you can only do so much I guess.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Bloodloss posted:

Funny you mention that. The skill point reduction has been removed in the build for the next version I'm working on. You're correct - I did go overboard nerfing it. Glad to see there's a concurring opinion.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Bloodloss posted:

Hmm, yes. That makes sense, and it'd be nice if he made the perk more viable. Do you consider that a flaw of New Vegas? Cirosan tries to fix that problem, to make primary statistics matter as much as they do in Fallout 1 and 2, but you can only do so much I guess.

I wish that SPECIAL had a more significant effect on how you play the game, but unfortunately there's only so much you can do before you basically break the game with tedium. I don't know if you've ever played "Boiling Point", but it was an old(er) FPS-RPG hybrid that really took its stats seriously. Like, revolvers jamming every other shot because you don't have enough points in guns. Or Morrowind, where your attacks would clip through enemies if the RNG decided you missed.

It's a novel concept, encouraging players to be really reliant on their stats, but like you said, the system isn't so easily implemented or concealed in the first-person. For some reason this is especially true for shooters (as opposed to swords and sorcery.) Your imagination can convince you a sword does more damage in experienced hands, but it's tougher to have guns do the same thing.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Feb 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
I combined F:NV Redesigned 2 and its patch into one folder without the optional textures or Honest Hearts and created a FOMOD from that folder. I added the bLoadFaceGen or whatever lines but I didn't do any of the archive invalidation editing that's in the instructions because I assumed FOMM takes care of that stuff with archive invalidation enabled. I started up a game and immediately noticed that Sunny's face looks different but her hair is mad fluorescent, as was mine. Also Easy Pete's eyebrows are black holes with green outlines.

Here is my load order

Honest Hearts.esm
FalloutNV.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
Deadmoney.esm
Oldworldblues.esm
New Vegas Redesigned II.esm
NSkies UWRlified.esm
NVR-Recommended.esp
CRL9k_ThisMachineSound.esp
Nskies UWRlified DM.esp
Nskies UWRlified HH.esp