Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
So, today my dock bar just...disappeared. Running CM7 with ADW Launcher. I rebooted my phone, and the dock bar came back fora while, then disappeared again. Has anyone else run afoul of this issue/heard about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lprsti99 posted:

So, today my dock bar just...disappeared. Running CM7 with ADW Launcher. I rebooted my phone, and the dock bar came back fora while, then disappeared again. Has anyone else run afoul of this issue/heard about it?

You sure it isn't hidden? Swiping up and down in the dock area either hides it to show additional dock icons or brings it to the foreground.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Maker Of Shoes posted:

You sure it isn't hidden? Swiping up and down in the dock area either hides it to show additional dock icons or brings it to the foreground.

Well, changing my swipe up action to show/hide it worked, but swiping in that area before I changed it did the same as the rest of my screen (up showed the app drawer, down the notification menu). Strange. Regardless, thanks!

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

Steriletom posted:

Go into a picture, tap the picture, select what you want to do in the bottom right.

Yes, you can Like the photo itself and you can view the comments, but it's a different comments screen than the others and it's impossible to Like a photo comment or view Likes from that screen. You can do it from the mobile site, but the mobile site won't always give you a fullscreen image like the app does.

Drives me crazy!

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Is there a version of the ICS launcher that enables scrolling widgets like Greader Pro?

I tried ADW and LauncherPro but the browser widgets is laggy on the former and the latter crashes.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So the girlfriend and I used to send Emoji to each other from our iPhones as part of our dastardly plan to be insufferably cute. Is there a way that we can continue to do that now that I have an Android phone?

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

lelandjs posted:

So the girlfriend and I used to send Emoji to each other from our iPhones as part of our dastardly plan to be insufferably cute. Is there a way that we can continue to do that now that I have an Android phone?

Go SMS and Handcent have emoji plugins. Just search for "emoji" in the market lol

Try whatsapp if data is cheaper than sending texts for you

Web Jew.0 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 5, 2012

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Chomp does emoji too

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I wish there was a way to inject emoji into the stock messaging app...I actually like Moto's Blur messaging app a lot but my GF has an iPhone and...you know :negative:

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!

Web Jew.0 posted:

Is there a version of the ICS launcher that enables scrolling widgets like Greader Pro?

I tried ADW and LauncherPro but the browser widgets is laggy on the former and the latter crashes.

Try Nova Launcher, but you must be running ICS for it to work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

fudsak
Feb 4, 2004

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I wish there was a way to inject emoji into the stock messaging app...I actually like Moto's Blur messaging app a lot but my GF has an iPhone and...you know :negative:

You can't change the Motorola messaging app... but you can always change your girlfriend!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Web Jew.0 posted:

Go SMS and Handcent have emoji plugins. Just search for "emoji" in the market lol

Try whatsapp if data is cheaper than sending texts for you

But that would mean switching from the stock ICS messaging app! Though there's probably a theme for one if not both apps...

[Edit: Oh my Handcent is hideous]

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Has anybody else used the Emoji plugin for GO SMS? I can send them just fine, but I still can't see them when they are sent to me (from an iPhone 4s). They just show up as diamonds with question marks.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Has anybody else used the Emoji plugin for GO SMS? I can send them just fine, but I still can't see them when they are sent to me (from an iPhone 4s). They just show up as diamonds with question marks.

Exactly the setup that I now have and it works perfectly. The girlfriend and I just texted the poop icon to each other.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is anyone else using SwiftKey and Handcent on a Galaxy Nexus? Typing in the app seems considerably slower than anything else, and it didn't act like this on my Evo 3D.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

hooah posted:

Is anyone else using SwiftKey and Handcent on a Galaxy Nexus? Typing in the app seems considerably slower than anything else, and it didn't act like this on my Evo 3D.

It's your phone trying to tell you to stop using Handcent.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
So what's the goon favorite twitter app?

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Evil Vin posted:

I personally use Twitter. Easy for me to check out trending topics, favs, retweets, manage DMs. The only thing that sucks about it is the interface is kind of ugly and sluggish.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Evil Vin posted:

Plume is pretty awesome and worth the 3 bucks.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

900ftjesus posted:

I've been using handcent since forever. What's wrong with it, other than implying that it's slow, which I haven't noticed.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Athenry posted:

Can you have columns for different lists/hashtags like with Tweetdeck? Also, if I block somebody, do they stop showing up in any hashed columns?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Athenry posted:

Seconded. Have been using it for ages, and love it.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Evil Vin posted:

Plume's currently the "best" right now, which means it's the least irritating of all of them. The guy(s) behind Carbon for webOS are making an actual ICS Twitter client so keep your eye out for that.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

900ftjesus posted:

Well, I tried Chomp, and it seems it can only do chat bubbles? I hate those, so unless someone knows a way to just get blocks, I guess I'm going with the stock messaging app.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

hooah posted:

Well, I tried Chomp, and it seems it can only do chat bubbles? I hate those, so unless someone knows a way to just get blocks, I guess I'm going with the stock messaging app.

Why do you use Handcent? Is there some functionality that you use that the stock app doesn't have? Maybe there are some app equivalents that can get you similar functionality.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Go SMS Pro isn't bad. Comes with a shitload of customization options and themes. I don't know if it works outside of Go Launcher, though.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Godzilla07 posted:

Plume's currently the "best" right now, which means it's the least irritating of all of them. The guy(s) behind Carbon for webOS are making an actual ICS Twitter client so keep your eye out for that.

Hrm, this actually looks drat good. Thanks for the heads up.

Outer Heaven
Jul 19, 2011
So yesterday I suddenly see the Android icon in my notification tab inviting my to download a game. It says "Featured Games: Temple Run". It links me to the store where I see that this game is made by "Official Android" a developer which, is I've seen in the past, is trying to trick people making it seem like his apps are "official" android apps. I even see some comments in the market page of people complaining that they have to rate the app before using it (does Google do anything against devs who trick the user into rating them 5 stars, I've seen this so many times).

Of course I didn't download the thing but I'm concerned about how that icon got into my notification tab. I don't have anything by that developer installed (duh) so it must mean that I have some other rogue app that's helping the fucker spread his malware.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Codiusprime posted:

Why do you use Handcent? Is there some functionality that you use that the stock app doesn't have? Maybe there are some app equivalents that can get you similar functionality.

I like the pop-up. If GO SMS has that I'll give it a whirl.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Temple run isn't actually even out yet for Android. I'd look for the air push detector and see if something is generating that.

Made by a goon too
AirPush Detector - Android Market

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

hooah posted:

It does, yeah. Pretty configurable too.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

hooah posted:

Check out SMS Popup, it worked well when I was using it and didn't look to bad either.

Outer Heaven
Jul 19, 2011

rotaryfun posted:

Temple run isn't actually even out yet for Android. I'd look for the air push detector and see if something is generating that.

Made by a goon too
AirPush Detector - Android Market

Thanks for the tip. I tried it but didn't find any app that uses push notifications.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Cardiovorax posted:

Go SMS Pro isn't bad. Comes with a shitload of customization options and themes. I don't know if it works outside of Go Launcher, though.

I just started using Go SMS yesterday and holy crap it's awesome. The pop up thing is great. I don't have to leave what I'm doing to reply to a text. And everything is pretty customizable. And I'm loving emoji with it.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

It doesn't need Go Launcher. I'm running it now with ADW EX with no issues.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Evil Vin posted:

Plume's the best one right now. Got all the nifty features you want in a Twitter app and it only costs $3 (to remove ads, it's free otherwise). Also the devs are working on adding Facebook to it as well if you care about that.

az jan jananam
Sep 6, 2011
HI, I'M HARDCORE SAX HERE TO DROP A NICE JUICY TURD OF A POST FROM UP ON HIGH
Is there an app that functions like a hard disk space analyzer? IE something that could analyze which folders/files are taking up the most space on your SD card.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

az jan jananam posted:

Is there an app that functions like a hard disk space analyzer? IE something that could analyze which folders/files are taking up the most space on your SD card.

Pretty sure EStrong's does this.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

az jan jananam posted:

Try DiskUsage. It gives you a graphical representation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Try DiskUsage. It gives you a graphical representation.

This app is the best, really satisfying to use. A little off-topic but does anyone have something in the same vein for Windows 7? I used to have something that worked like this for XP but that was years ago.

• Locked thread