Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
az jan jananam
Sep 6, 2011
HI, I'M HARDCORE SAX HERE TO DROP A NICE JUICY TURD OF A POST FROM UP ON HIGH
DiskUsage worked, thanks for the advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam

Splizwarf posted:

This app is the best, really satisfying to use. A little off-topic but does anyone have something in the same vein for Windows 7? I used to have something that worked like this for XP but that was years ago.

The one that I remember is Sequoiaview, it should work for all kinds of Windows.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Splizwarf posted:

This app is the best, really satisfying to use. A little off-topic but does anyone have something in the same vein for Windows 7? I used to have something that worked like this for XP but that was years ago.

I quite like WinDirStat for that.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Splizwarf posted:

TreeSize Free is what I use.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Splizwarf posted:

I still use the same thing I used from years ago, scanner.exe cause it rules so hard. (I only have one win 7 pc and hundreds of xp ones I use and take care of I don't remember if you have to run this elevated or not, probably so)

http://www.steffengerlach.de/freeware/

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Splizwarf posted:

Another that hasn't been mentioned is SpaceSniffer.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Let's add Spacemoger to that list.

How can I add additional columns to Plume? I'd like more than 4.

highme fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 6, 2012

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

Splizwarf posted:

Would this work in Windows 7. I use this in XP all the time. You can color code different file types so it lets you know where everything is. Works great.

http://sequoiaview.en.softonic.com/

OptimusMatrix fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 6, 2012

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

I finally upgraded my phone after 6 years and picked up a Razr. So far its great but I'm wondering if there is an app like "universal inbox" that shows notifications for missed calls, e-mail, facebook, and texts all in one window? Universal isn't bad but it doesn't show missed calls and it's always on screen.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Spookmaster posted:

I finally upgraded my phone after 6 years and picked up a Razr. So far its great but I'm wondering if there is an app like "universal inbox" that shows notifications for missed calls, e-mail, facebook, and texts all in one window? Universal isn't bad but it doesn't show missed calls and it's always on screen.

The top bar with all the icons? Pull that down.

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

Yea I know that. I was just looking for something a little more visual like universal inbox.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

The Spookmaster posted:

Yea I know that. I was just looking for something a little more visual like universal inbox.

There's a blur app called "Messaging" which has all of your email, texts and stuff like FB notifications all in one. As for something like you get on blackberries, not that I've found.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Does anyone with experience with GameBoid know what directory it places the Sav files on your device? I'm trying to continue a Pokemon FireRed game I was playing on my old PSP, but I can't tell where to put the Sav file.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

The Spookmaster posted:

There's also Pure Messenger Widget, but I don't think it does Facebook.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Penguissimo posted:

There's also Pure Messenger Widget, but I don't think it does Facebook.
Yeah, it does Facebook and Twitter. And the other stuff, but it's also always on screen.

It has some sort of problem with certain versions of Gmail, though, I think. Maybe he fixed that already.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Is there a good contact management app out there? My fiancee uses her android for work, and we're going to update her to the Droid 4 when it comes out. She's currently using contact groupu, but she doesn't like it very much. Is there a good one that's pretty easy to use now?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
The built in contacts app?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

-Fish- posted:

Does anyone with experience with GameBoid know what directory it places the Sav files on your device? I'm trying to continue a Pokemon FireRed game I was playing on my old PSP, but I can't tell where to put the Sav file.

Connect to pc, search for *.sav ?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

-Fish- posted:

I've changed the location and it always seems to put my saves in the same directory as the games. Or if the bios file is in another folder, try that.

Or as posted above, just search for .sav (or .ss0, .ss1, etc...)

Jobarr
Aug 12, 2000

big mean giraffe posted:

The built in contacts app?

This and http://contacts.google.com

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Has anyone used quickoffice & dropbox? I tried using it one day for notes, but I lost half a day's work when it decided "save, then upload to dropbox" means "download the old version, and overwrite the latest copy, and make sure you can't undo".

Their support basically said "We haven't heard of that problem. Your version shipped with the Galaxy Tab, try downloading our free trial! Does that solve your problem?"

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Jobarr posted:

This and http://contacts.google.com

So with this, I'm assuming the built in contact list has improved since the OG Droid?

A MINIATURE LLAMA
Jul 30, 2009

IT'S SO TINY

Evil Vin posted:

So what's the goon favorite twitter app?
Personally, I like using TweetDeck, but I am a simple creature that just wants to avoid using both a Facebook and Twitter app separately.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Gothmog1065 posted:

So with this, I'm assuming the built in contact list has improved since the OG Droid?

What exactly is your problem with it?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Lizard Combatant posted:

I've changed the location and it always seems to put my saves in the same directory as the games. Or if the bios file is in another folder, try that.

Or as posted above, just search for .sav (or .ss0, .ss1, etc...)

Awesome, thanks!

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

big mean giraffe posted:

What exactly is your problem with it?

I have no problem with it. She wants one where she can easily sort into categories and look at those categories when looking for a contact. She has hundreds of contacts and wants to keep the "work" ones away from the "play" ones. I can see where editing online will help, but when she's on the phone, she'd rather click "work" and find something there or click "friends" and find someone in there, than scroll through hundreds of contacts.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Gothmog1065 posted:

I have no problem with it. She wants one where she can easily sort into categories and look at those categories when looking for a contact. She has hundreds of contacts and wants to keep the "work" ones away from the "play" ones. I can see where editing online will help, but when she's on the phone, she'd rather click "work" and find something there or click "friends" and find someone in there, than scroll through hundreds of contacts.

Isn't this what Google+ circles are supposed to be for?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Isn't this what Google+ circles are supposed to be for?

It can be. Google contacts supports G+ circles and other custom made groups. Later, one can go into the contacts/people app and display whichever circle/group.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It can be. Google contacts supports G+ circles and other custom made groups. Later, one can go into the contacts/people app and display whichever circle/group.

Also why the hell is there Google Talk and +Messenger and huddles or whatever? Why aren't these the same thing?

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Also why the hell is there Google Talk and +Messenger and huddles or whatever? Why aren't these the same thing?

Yea I've always thought that was pretty dumb.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I'm guessing it's on the table. One of G+'s main goals was to unify all of Google's products across the board.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Holy poo poo: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.android.chrome

Chrome Beta for ICS. Google Blog post about it: http://chrome.blogspot.com/2012/02/introducing-chrome-for-android.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lVjw7n_U37A

-------------

Seesmic finally updated and released Seesmic Ping (they bought Ping.FM a while ago). I'm assuming this will replace the entire Seesmic App but it's nice and is in Beta right now. It'll be a paid app afterwards (they label it as a paid service so I hope it's not a subscription based thing): https://market.android.com/details?id=com.seesmic.ping

EDIT: I forgot how Ping.FM worked I guess cause you can't see the Twitter timeline with this app. It's just for posting to Twitter/Facebook/whatever.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 7, 2012

Trent Lott in 08
Oct 16, 2003

Burn the village, rape & pillage.

Holy poo poo is right. This is beautiful.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

I'm trying it now, can't find any setting for useragent stuff, I hate mobile sites.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What would be the purported benefits over, say, ICS browser+? I can't think of anything I'm missing, offhand.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Correction on Seesmic, it looks like they updated the regular app as well.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.seesmic

quote:

This version addresses various bug fixes and minor updates including:
  • Updates to address issues with Trending Topics
  • Support for t.co links
  • Bug fixes based on feedback
  • Dropped Google Buzz support

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

hooah posted:

What would be the purported benefits over, say, ICS browser+? I can't think of anything I'm missing, offhand.

More Chrome integrated, and shows your current open desktop tabs, which is nice I guess. Hopefully they'll eventually become one.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Trent Lott in 08 posted:

Holy poo poo is right. This is beautiful.

This loving OWNS.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
:siren: HOLY loving poo poo THEY FINALLY GOT TAP TO ZOOM RIGHT :siren:

Only took them what, 3 years? Now they just need the user agent swapping thing from the stock Android browser and Chrome will be the perfect replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
It's pretty crashy on my ICS Sensation but I'll blame my janky as poo poo ROM before anything.

• Locked thread