Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicycle Courier Jim
Apr 9, 2009
Thank you multiplied by twenty. AND it stars Roddy Piper? Fantastic. Mystery solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Mouser.. posted:

I think you are thinking of The Chumscrubber

Ha I knew the title was something like that, and after watching the trailer you are correct. I'm impressed you got with such a bad description from me. I wanted to watch it again but not on iTunes or Amazon Digital. I guess I will order the DVD for $3.69. I can't even remember if I liked the movie or not. That said pretty nice cast at least.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

ynohtna posted:

The details are all different but could this be Vibrations?

Only a few days ago I came across this delightful clip from it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0S6b7_Z404

Thank you that's it. I remember this movie being very dumb and dated and that was around 15 years ago. Don't know where I got the disabled thing from.

Oh because he lost his hands and is fitted with robot hands. I gotta see this

Krustic fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 5, 2012

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"
I have an "identify this movie" question but have asked about it several times in the this thread to no avail. This has been bugging me for well over a decade.

When I was a kid we got a VCR around 1988 so this would be a mid-late 80's movie that was on VHS at the time, but it could have originally been a TV movie. It was definitely in color, and in my mind starred a memorable 1980's blonde like Kathleen Turner, but it definitely wasn't anything on her IMDB page so probably wasn't her.

The story was about a woman who moves into a haunted house where the previous owner died. In the end it turns out that the butler and his wife are actually gaslighting the woman by using secret passages in the house, trying to convince her to kill herself for some reason. I distinctly remember a bleeding painting - like, there was a creepy painting in the house that you could use to spy on people from the secret passages, and at one point it starts bleeding. This scared the poo poo out of me as a kid.

I remember watching this multiple times - I'd like to see it again but have no idea what the name of the movie is, only the basic plot and bleeding painting. I remember fragments of some other disturbing images but those are the only things that stick out. It was probably not R-rated as I don't think my parents let me rent R movies until later.

If anybody can help, thanks!

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I forgot the title of a silly comedy about two guys on a cruise ship. Additional details:
* there was a team of beautiful Swedish girls on the ship
* I think it was a gay cruise
* I think the guys were working on it.

Thanks in advance.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Boat Trip. Although that's going on the fact I saw the trailer for it a decade ago.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Shy posted:

I forgot the title of a silly comedy about two guys on a cruise ship. Additional details:
* there was a team of beautiful Swedish girls on the ship
* I think it was a gay cruise
* I think the guys were working on it.

Thanks in advance.

It is Boat Trip. Beginning of the end for Cuba Gooding Jr. right there.

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 7, 2012

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

donquixotic posted:

Boat Trip. Although that's going on the fact I saw the trailer for it a decade ago.

Mouser.. posted:

That's it, thank you!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mouser.. posted:

I prefer to think of it as the movie highlight of Horatio Sanz's career.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Be Depressive posted:

I have an "identify this movie" question but have asked about it several times in the this thread to no avail. This has been bugging me for well over a decade.

I have a hunch it might be Picture Mommy Dead, a 60's flick with Zsa Zsa Gabor. The imdb plot synopsis isn't very descriptive, but some of the user reviews make it sound very similar to what you described.

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.
I have no idea what the concept was except it probably had aliens.

The part I remembered was that a scientist explained IF Oxygen is necessary for human life and Arsenic is the most deadly element, then because the aliens are X element based life forms then it makes since that Y is the most deadly element to them. Where X and Y are elements I can not remember.

westborn posted:

Evolution

This is it. thanks.

ass is hometown fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 8, 2012

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Ridonkulous posted:

I have no idea what the concept was except it probably had aliens.
Evolution

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Ridonkulous posted:

Where X and Y are elements I can not remember.

Yep, definitely Evolution. The elements were Nitrogen and Selenium, which segued nicely into some good ol' fashioned Head & Shoulders product placement!

WhatDoTheyKnow
Aug 17, 2007
Trying to figure out the name of a movie. Its a horror movie from the late 70's to early 80's. There was a giant bald baby that was kept in the basement. There was also a scene where a woman was leaning down by a heater vent, and the baby grabbed her hair, pulled her face onto the vent and it was mushed through. Thanks for the help if anyone knows!

Edit: Thought of another one. Same era, but the plot was something along the lines of an alien in the woods and he had a shack with bodies in it. Also had these sucking creatures on his body and would throw them. I remember at the end of the movie, they blew him up and it sounded like an elephant.

WhatDoTheyKnow fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 9, 2012

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

WhatDoTheyKnow posted:

Trying to figure out the name of a movie. Its a horror movie from the late 70's to early 80's. There was a giant bald baby that was kept in the basement. There was also a scene where a woman was leaning down by a heater vent, and the baby grabbed her hair, pulled her face onto the vent and it was mushed through. Thanks for the help if anyone knows!

Sounds like It's ALIVE! but I don't remember the scene with the lady. Maybe the second one?

WhatDoTheyKnow
Aug 17, 2007

Barometer posted:

Sounds like It's ALIVE! but I don't remember the scene with the lady. Maybe the second one?

No, it wasnt Its Alive!, but that was a good movie too. It took place primarily in a house basement. The 'baby' was about 6 foot and about 300 pounds. It had a teddy bear too.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Trying to remember quote from something, not exactly sure what.

"do it do it now!"

Definitely not Predator. Any ideas?

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"

Origami Dali posted:

I have a hunch it might be Picture Mommy Dead, a 60's flick with Zsa Zsa Gabor. The imdb plot synopsis isn't very descriptive, but some of the user reviews make it sound very similar to what you described.

Thanks, but that's not it - this movie was definitely originally in color and wasn't quite so old - it might have been late 70's but I think it was mid-80's. I would never have rented a movie this old back then. The protagonist wasn't a teenager, but an adult woman. I remember her being kind of hot, and wearing a negligee at some point. Also the people trying to drive her crazy were definitely the servants, not her stepmom or anything like that.

Also the previous occupant of the house definitely hanged herself, and didn't die in a fire, because that's one of the images the protagonist is haunted by. I distinctly remember that and the bleeding painting.

Be Depressive fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 9, 2012

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Red Robin Hood posted:

"do it do it now!"

Beerfest, maybe?

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Glass Joe posted:

Beerfest, maybe?

I couldn't find a video on youtube, do you have a link to that?

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Red Robin Hood posted:

I couldn't find a video on youtube, do you have a link to that?

About 10 seconds or so from this point

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Be Depressive posted:

Thanks, but that's not it - this movie was definitely originally in color and wasn't quite so old - it might have been late 70's but I think it was mid-80's. I would never have rented a movie this old back then. The protagonist wasn't a teenager, but an adult woman. I remember her being kind of hot, and wearing a negligee at some point. Also the people trying to drive her crazy were definitely the servants, not her stepmom or anything like that.

Also the previous occupant of the house definitely hanged herself, and didn't die in a fire, because that's one of the images the protagonist is haunted by. I distinctly remember that and the bleeding painting.

Let's Scare Jessica to Death?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Red Robin Hood posted:

"do it do it now!"

The Matrix? They say it in the opening, about twenty seconds in.

morestuff fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 9, 2012

Thunderlips
Oct 25, 2002

Red Robin Hood posted:

"do it do it now!"

Starsky & Hutch? It's mostly just "Do it!" though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra70O9nps6E

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

morestuff posted:

The Matrix? They say it in the opening, about twenty seconds in.

DO IT, DO IT NOW! This is definitely it, thank you!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Red Robin Hood posted:

DO IT, DO IT NOW! This is definitely it, thank you!

I'm honestly a little surprised myself; I haven't seen that movie in five years, but I instantly knew exactly what you were talking about.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I used to play this trivia game on my phone called Moviecat, and they had scenes from movies you were supposed to identify. I knew what movie this scene was from when I had a multiple choice selection, but now I can't remember at all and it's driving me nuts. What the hell is this from?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Back To School?

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
Yeah that's Back to School, the triple lindy scene.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
This is one of those tip of my tongue ones. I remember there was a horror movie about a Video Store, or with VHS tapes as a theme, and I believe it had a sequel as well. Probably came out in the late 80's or very early 90's. I feel like it had 'Video' in the title, but for the life of me I can't remember it. It's not 'The Video Dead', but the title isn't far off from that, I think.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Videodrome?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Nah, it was definitely a cheesy, low-budget thing. And now that I think about it, it definitely had a sequel. There were two and the covers looked similar.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

codyclarke posted:

Nah, it was definitely a cheesy, low-budget thing. And now that I think about it, it definitely had a sequel. There were two and the covers looked similar.

Probably Video Violence.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Origami Dali posted:

Probably Video Violence.

That was it! Thanks so much!

Flux Equals Rad
Jun 22, 2007
oh my god bear is driving how can that be!?

WhatDoTheyKnow posted:

Edit: Thought of another one. Same era, but the plot was something along the lines of an alien in the woods and he had a shack with bodies in it. Also had these sucking creatures on his body and would throw them. I remember at the end of the movie, they blew him up and it sounded like an elephant.
First description kind of reminds me of the Humongous poster, but i'm pretty sure that nothing like that is actually shown in the movie. Sorry if this guess was completely useless.

Second one sounds like it's probably Without Warning.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I just remembered the trailer of a movie I wanted to watch when I saw it first, but I lost track of it - it's about a girl that has been murdered and her spirit (caught in between realms?) is then trying to solve her own case. I think she had curly hair and there may have been some big names involved in the movie, but I can't for the life of me remember any details.

Must have been released maybe 1-2 years back.

vvvvvvvvvvvv
Thanks, that looks about right, I'll try to get hold of it.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 19, 2012

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

mcbexx posted:

I just remembered the trailer of a movie I wanted to watch when I saw it first, but I lost track of it - it's about a girl that has been murdered and her spirit (caught in between realms?) is then trying to solve her own case. I think she had curly hair and there may have been some big names involved in the movie, but I can't for the life of me remember any details.

The Lovely Bones, directed by Peter Jackson.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010
/^^^oh come on...

mcbexx posted:

Details don't match up, but sounds like Lovely Bones.

WhatDoTheyKnow
Aug 17, 2007

Flux Equals Rad posted:

First description kind of reminds me of the Humongous poster, but i'm pretty sure that nothing like that is actually shown in the movie. Sorry if this guess was completely useless.

Second one sounds like it's probably Without Warning.

Without Warning was the one I was looking for! Thanks a million! Humongous wasnt it, but I think I may have to check it out anyways. Thanks again for the help though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flux Equals Rad
Jun 22, 2007
oh my god bear is driving how can that be!?

WhatDoTheyKnow posted:

Without Warning was the one I was looking for! Thanks a million! Humongous wasnt it, but I think I may have to check it out anyways. Thanks again for the help though!
Hmmm. Didn't really think it was Humongous. How about The Baby? Haven't actually seen it yet, but I was just browsing Netflix, and the synopsis sounded familiar.