Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
I used the absinthe jailbreak on my 4S and now I can no longer connect to WPA2 networks over wifi. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

WaveLength posted:

I used the absinthe jailbreak on my 4S and now I can no longer connect to WPA2 networks over wifi. Has anyone had a similar problem?
Not I. Connected to WPA2 right now.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

WaveLength posted:

Reset networking or restore.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Unless I was dreaming someone posted an app that makes siri go away after you're done with her, returning to the previous app. My googling and thread searching is failing ... help?

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat

WaveLength posted:

Anyone having this problem: Solved it by changing the channel on my wireless router

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

WaveLength posted:

Anyone having this problem: Solved it by changing the channel on my wireless router

Username + Post Combo score!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

randyest posted:

Unless I was dreaming someone posted an app that makes siri go away after you're done with her, returning to the previous app. My googling and thread searching is failing ... help?

I'd love something like this but cydia sucks for searching and google leads nowhere.

Oh man I decided to give IntelliScreenX a try because hey free trial and while as I expected find 90% of it to be useless (to me) their quick toggle / SBSettings bar is such a much elegant solution to SBSettings. Wish I could get just that because I'm not paying $10 for an SBSettings I can hide.

(I also like the colors/icons for aaaw man)

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 6, 2012

Axim
Dec 21, 2004

sheeeeeeeeit
The last week I've noticed Siri seems to have an issue about 75 percent of the time calling a number for me. I tell it to call my friend and it says, now calling Friend - mobile, and then siri just sits there, it does nothing, the screen remains in the siri interface with the right text, but it never switches into phone mode and actually dials.

I jailbroke a few weeks ago and didn't notice it before, and I don't have any apps installed that modify siri in any way.

Anyone have this issue?

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.

Axim posted:

The last week I've noticed Siri seems to have an issue about 75 percent of the time calling a number for me. I tell it to call my friend and it says, now calling Friend - mobile, and then siri just sits there, it does nothing, the screen remains in the siri interface with the right text, but it never switches into phone mode and actually dials.

I jailbroke a few weeks ago and didn't notice it before, and I don't have any apps installed that modify siri in any way.

Anyone have this issue?

Where do you normally launch Siri from? Lockscreen? Homescreen? Inside an app?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I seem to remember there's a way to show cell signal as a dB readout as opposed to bars - does anyone know how that's done?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

tuyop posted:

I dont have a solution or a configuration that I didn't find totally obnoxious. I just have this problem too. :smith:

Just to follow-up, I ended up having no notifications on my lockscreen, leaving just the weather and stocks and letting the iOS notifications to do their thing. The infoscreen has my archived ones that are more messy and all, so it seems to be working well enough.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Anjow posted:

I seem to remember there's a way to show cell signal as a dB readout as opposed to bars - does anyone know how that's done?

SBSettings>More>System Options>Numeric Wi-Fi Readout?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

IllegallySober posted:

SBSettings>More>System Options>Numeric Wi-Fi Readout?

I am specifically after the cell reception, but I found it in the same area - thanks.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
JAILBREAK WISHLIST:

An App that makes Reminders push out to my Calendar which in turn would push out to my Google Calendar.

Is that not a really good idea? I'm using Reminders like my own personal Day-Planner at work.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Arrowsmith posted:

Once again I'd like to big-up my favorite and most-used JB app, NoLockScreen.

On my iPhone 3GS I use Infinidock & FolderEnhancer to keep my icons out of the way and my home-screen becomes my info screen via LockInfo. It all comes together to strip and leave one less layer of UI.

This is pretty sweet and I've since setup my phone in a similar fashion.

Just so I am clear, you cannot tap the notifications on the Home Screen to get to the application, right? I gotta slide down notification center to do that, which is fine, but just making sure I'm not missing anything.

NoLockScreen is pretty slick but whenever an app, like Tiny Tower, sends a notification it automatically opens the app. This is the intended behavior, I assume, but not really what I want.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.

decypher posted:

Just so I am clear, you cannot tap the notifications on the Home Screen to get to the application, right? I gotta slide down notification center to do that, which is fine, but just making sure I'm not missing anything.

I recently discovered that actually, you can. You can drag the app icon, similarly to the "slide to unlock" action, for each notification on the home screen to go to the specific application/message that the notification pertains to.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

TraderStav posted:

Really struggling here integrating Lockinfo with the new notification system, I just can't seem to get the right mix. If I disable the Lockscreen notification in the Notification Center settings for a particular app, when I unlock the phone I am bombarded by status bar notifications. If I don't, then I get a double-notification sound and have to hit the home button to dismiss the iOS notification.

What configuration are you guys using, I'd think it would be obvious, but I'm being pretty dense here transitioning back to a JB device. At this point I am more frustrated with Lockinfo and may go back to not using that.

It doesn't look like anyone's had an answer for you, but I had this exact problem. I figured it out over the weekend. The trick is to change all notifications to Alerts in the Notifications settings, then install Popup Blocker from Cydia, which is free if you own LockInfo. Then block the popups you don't want appearing; they'll still show up in LockInfo.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Rick Rickshaw posted:

I recently discovered that actually, you can. You can drag the app icon, similarly to the "slide to unlock" action, for each notification on the home screen to go to the specific application/message that the notification pertains to.

Wait a second..how do I do that if it keeps trying to switch home screens whenever I swipe?

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Can't you just tap it?

Mark Larson
Dec 27, 2003

Interesting...

decypher posted:

Wait a second..how do I do that if it keeps trying to switch home screens whenever I swipe?

I think you swipe the icon on the lockscreen, not the homescreen.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I currently have a bunch of money in my Amazon account in the form of store credits / gift cards. But when I'm trying to pay for an app, it's asking me for my credit card information. Is this normal?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

obi_ant posted:

I currently have a bunch of money in my Amazon account in the form of store credits / gift cards. But when I'm trying to pay for an app, it's asking me for my credit card information. Is this normal?

Uh, well unless you meant your iTunes account, or I'm missing something obvious, it seems like yeah, that would be pretty normal.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

He means for Cydia apps and I have no idea.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Amazon store gift credit doesn't work for Amazon Payments.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Lately, I have been having an annoying bug where when I push the Home button just once, Siri will pop up now and then. It happens most after hitting Home right after unlocking my screen. I can't figure out what is causing this and was wondering if anyone else has this issue.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...
Any one experiencing the respring bug? I cant respring my phone at all and have no idea why, sbs settings wont work, cydia wont work, springtomize wont work etc. I have no idea what the hell would cause this, the only thing i have updated recently was lock info but i uninstalled that and still had the issue. I reckon a restore will work but i figured id see if anyone else had a fix before i went that route.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Lately, I have been having an annoying bug where when I push the Home button just once, Siri will pop up now and then. It happens most after hitting Home right after unlocking my screen. I can't figure out what is causing this and was wondering if anyone else has this issue.

I've had that issue too :( no idea how to fix it. It hasn't happened in a while though.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006
Is anyone using GuizmOVPN with the newest redsnow/Corona?

I installed it and it screwed. me. up.

When my phone restarted, it wouldn't boot properly. It stayed at the Apple logo for like an hour and never fully booted into iOS. I finally just reran redsnow, which got me in, but now I have all kinds of weirdness like Cydia and GuizmOVPN freezing.

Even uninstalling GuizmOVPN doesn't resolve the issue. I managed to get the SBSettings OpenVPN toggle working (though I have to call the scripts manually from a terminal session, for some reason the actual button in SBS doesn't work), which is all I really need, I just thought GuizmOVPN would be handy to manage multiple connections.

I'm restoring and rejailbreaking right now, just curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Is there any way to hide SBSettings completely in the lockscreen? I've got it now so it's blank by default but it's still there. Asking because I'm using IntelliscreenX which has basically the same functions built in. Alternatively is there another app I could use to display time in 24-hour, change carrier name, and show RAM Usage in the status bar? Preferably an all in one but if I need to use a couple different ones that's alright.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Baram posted:

Is there any way to hide SBSettings completely in the lockscreen? I've got it now so it's blank by default but it's still there. Asking because I'm using IntelliscreenX which has basically the same functions built in. Alternatively is there another app I could use to display time in 24-hour, change carrier name, and show RAM Usage in the status bar? Preferably an all in one but if I need to use a couple different ones that's alright.

Incidentally , you can use SBSettings to change the clock to 24-hour as well as display the RAM usage.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

decypher posted:

Incidentally , you can use SBSettings to change the clock to 24-hour as well as display the RAM usage.

Yeah. I'm either trying to remove the box it adds on the lockscreen completely, and just use it for RAM/24 hour time, or get rid of SBSettings and replace those functions of it, though.

m0isty
Sep 7, 2007
Never knowingly underfed....
What box is sbsettings adding to your lockscreen?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

m0isty posted:

What box is sbsettings adding to your lockscreen?
Er, it's apparently not the lock screen, it's the notification pulldown. IntelliscreenX allows you to pull it down during the lockscreen so mine was defaulting like that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So out of the tethering apps (MyWi/TetherMe/PDANet) is PDANet the only one that tries to hide the data usage? I find myself in a situation where I could really loving use internet for work on the rare moment to make my life easier. I actually own the first two but never used PDANet before so I'm trying to see if anyone has any experience with it (preferably in AT&T)

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:
First time jailbreaker here. Just broke my iPhone 4 in. I've been reading a handful of pages on here, but what are the best themes I should try out?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

HanabaL03 posted:

First time jailbreaker here. Just broke my iPhone 4 in. I've been reading a handful of pages on here, but what are the best themes I should try out?
In my experience all themes are horrible, but here are some JB apps and tweaks that you might enjoy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah09Sy6aGB8hdEVaemF1VXRYbXVjY0wyZGdnZThuQUE&authkey=CMmC_5gE&hl=en_US#gid=0

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:

randyest posted:

In my experience all themes are horrible, but here are some JB apps and tweaks that you might enjoy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah09Sy6aGB8hdEVaemF1VXRYbXVjY0wyZGdnZThuQUE&authkey=CMmC_5gE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Thanks for this. Is the SNES emulator as awesome as it sounds?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So out of the tethering apps (MyWi/TetherMe/PDANet) is PDANet the only one that tries to hide the data usage? I find myself in a situation where I could really loving use internet for work on the rare moment to make my life easier. I actually own the first two but never used PDANet before so I'm trying to see if anyone has any experience with it (preferably in AT&T)

I thought they all claimed to hide usage. TetherMe specifically states that on its Cydia page.
MyWi is a very polished, professional app. I've used it a bunch since 2010, every time I went on vacation. I never got a text from AT&T, but I also don't use a lot of data.

frumpsnake
Jan 30, 2001

The sad part is, he wasn't always evil.

HanabaL03 posted:

SuaveHD isn't a bad theme, but once you theme your device you enter the world of hunting around for and/or making replacement icons for all your apps.

The macthemes.net forums is full of random lockscreens and theme packs if you're willing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Sweet Christ. I'm using FakeClockUp at 10x and holy poo poo. It's like a completely different phone! I suggest that everyone download this immediately.

• Locked thread