Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Ugh I hate cliffhanger pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

Oxxidation posted:

... the Omega Raspberry.

Congratulations, that is the best possible term for this. Someone with talent absolutely has to animate this.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Best page quotient reached. I don't know how Tom will surpass this.

Unless if he makes another Parley and Smitty arc?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Whelp pack it in everyone. We aren't topping this.

I dunno, it hasn't stopped by the end. We might still.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Nondevor posted:

Unless if he makes another Parley and Smitty arc?

Parlay and Smitty do a thing.

Plans are thwarted by the Omega Raspberry.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Geekner posted:

Man, I hope blue doesn't get the complete snub. Red can be such a jerk sometimes.

Haha. :laugh:

This chapter has been fantastic. Can't believe I've been reading this comic for seven years now. And it's still so good.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'm pretty glad I stayed up for this. My only regret is that I can't share the joy with all my loser friends who went to bed at a reasonable hour.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Gawd, what a schmendrick.

Love that word, ty Tea-san.

Spooky Candle
Dec 2, 2011

In Nature, death is but a gateway to New Life.
Red can exhale for a real long time.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

This is the most amazing piss-take I've seen in a long time.

I am assuming it is a piss-take.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
The best page of Gunnerkrigg Court? No. The best page of anything ever.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I love this chapter. So very, very much.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
This is amazing. I love all her various gesticulations throughout.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Also, it apparently takes me four hours to read through the entire archives. I did not intend to do that, but neither do I regret it.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Red would be THE BEST didgeridoo player.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is this some sort of test to see how long it takes before I cave and buy a Red Avatar?

This is a test I'm slowly failing...:smith:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
This entire chapter is nothing but a subliminal ploy to get people to buy more Gunnerkrigg avatars, thus giving out free advertising to the comic. It's the perfect plot.

spooky attic
Jun 17, 2009

Ineffective at haunting cartridges.
Oh man, Blue's getting a name too!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

abbic posted:

Oh man, Blue's getting a name too!

Yeah this is what I expect to happen. Annie going like "okay and you're named Blue" to shut Red up.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
This was amazing- if Dr. McNinja has won the internet, then Gunnerkrig just came in second.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
9 non Gunnerkrigg avatars in a row. This will not stand.

That page! Animators! Get to it!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Laser Cow posted:

9 non Gunnerkrigg avatars in a row. This will not stand.

That page! Animators! Get to it!

I can't justify the money for a picture on the internet, though I'll admit Gunnerkrigg has tempted me further than anything else. Especially since right now basically every panel is avatar material.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Roger Explosion posted:

Red would be THE BEST didgeridoo player.

She's got the lip technique down alright.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

This page might have just tipped my hand on the avatar train. Blue is not amused.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
From the looks of it, I don't think she's done. The bubble just keeps going to the next page again. The Omega Raspberry cannot be stopped!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Tom, clearly reasoning that you can't go higher than the BEST decided to just post that page, over and over again, forever.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

The only way this could be better is if the final panel were animated.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I really love the look of shock on everyone's face, particularly in the sixth panel.

The sixth panel also makes me really curious about Annie's scar. Or possibly "scar."

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I just... Tom :glomp:

This is the best drawn page of anything ever.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

The Walker posted:

The sixth panel also makes me really curious about Annie's scar. Or possibly "scar."

I think those are just markings that fairies have, like the one on Blue's forehead. Annie's scar is really a scar. Well, an etherial scar.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
I can't stop picturing Red as goku now

"This is my normal form. THIS is a super schmendrick. THIS is a super schmendrick that has ascended beyond the level of super schmendrick, or you can just call it a super schmendrick 2. And this, is to go, FURTHER BEYOND. thbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbthbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Hoping for Endless Eight Rasperry. Cross your fingers guys!

(trap sprung, yadda yadda)

spooky attic
Jun 17, 2009

Ineffective at haunting cartridges.

Macaluso posted:

Yeah this is what I expect to happen. Annie going like "okay and you're named Blue" to shut Red up.

The joke was that her name was now "tttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhppppppppppttttttttttttttbbbbbbbbbbbbpbppppppppppt...."

cranky pomme
Dec 30, 2008

Ahh! Here he comes!
Wow, this is the best thing to wake up to. Omega raspberry indeed.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Somewhere I read that Kim Stanley Robinson once said he wrote the entire Mars trilogy so he could close a novel with the otherwise ridiculous "On Mars, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars."

Tom Siddell has been doing Gunnerkrigg for seven years for the sole purpose of getting to draw a five-minute raspberry.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
What have you done, Tom? You've reached the Douche Horizon, and there's no going back now.

"Have you ever seen a douche in zero gravity? It's beautiful. It's like liquid it... slides all over everything."

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I wonder if she needs to breath in the ether. Because if she doesn't, this could go on for awhile.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Oneiros posted:

I think those are just markings that fairies have, like the one on Blue's forehead. Annie's scar is really a scar. Well, an etherial scar.

That's what I'd been thinking too. The thing is they just look so damned similar to me. When you also take into consideration the distinct lack of information we have on what the scar means I'd say some suspicion is warranted.

On the other hand all the faeries have the same color markings. A sort of teal as opposed to Annie's red. I suppose the color could be indicative of the fact that they are indeed fairies, and that Annie's red scar/marking is in reference to her fire elemental heritage.

Pure speculation on my part, of course.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I wonder if she needs to breath in the ether. Because if she doesn't, this could go on for awhile.

The remainder of Reds appearances in the comic will only be to show that she is still blowing an eternal raspberry at Blue, who is still inexplicably following Red around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

You think that's air they're breathing?