Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

MrL_JaKiri posted:

What a surreal image

He was never properly trained in its navigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

Okay I hate the air control level. All the air ducks fold in on themselves and I don't know where to go. I tried killing everyone but no luck.

In case it's not clear from the notes and stuff scattered around, your goal is to get into the locked control room to unlock the helicopter's weapons. If you've killed everyone, then you've probably found the key and can go press the button anytime.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

jojoinnit posted:

Truly a game of Escherian proportions.

It was more the "air ducks" thing.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It was more the "air ducks" thing.
I know, it was the idea of moving through flying air ducks continually folding in on themselves that made me say that.

Hey, remember when Invisible War was going to be a big deal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deus-Ex-Inv...=item4cfd4cbcdf

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

jojoinnit posted:

I know, it was the idea of moving through flying air ducks continually folding in on themselves that made me say that.

It's probably a good thing that he doesn't know JC Denton from Alex Denton. No one should know.

Cray
Dec 3, 2010

jojoinnit posted:

You get to demonstrate your devotion to a bad game AND advertise a 10 year old graphics card with the same shirt? That's a steal at :10bux:!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Never worn. That says it all, really.

Deus Ex 2: What a Shame

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back
Oh man, I'm in China now and these accents. They go from being bad to offensive to hilarious to offensive again. I actually just ran across a guard with an American southern accent and a Chinese accent.

Really digging the music though. The sounds and sights still hit pretty hard 10 years on.

e- Maggie sending me to the police station was the dumbest thing ever.

Dr. Gene Dango MD fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jan 21, 2012

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Nah advisabur foh turist to vesit canals at night.

RichieWolk
Jun 4, 2004

FUCK UNIONS

UNIONS R4 DRUNKS

FUCK YOU
So where's the cheapest place to get a steam copy of deus ex now? I wanna get it for my friend, but I also don't want to spend more than I need to.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

RichieWolk posted:

So where's the cheapest place to get a steam copy of deus ex now? I wanna get it for my friend, but I also don't want to spend more than I need to.

As far as I know, Steam's the only place to get a Steam key.

If you're willing to wait, it usually hits $2.50 during the Summer and Winter sales.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Male Man posted:

As far as I know, Steam's the only place to get a Steam key.

If you're willing to wait, it usually hits $2.50 during the Summer and Winter sales.

It didn't drop last Winter sale. It was like the last sale I was waiting for, and it never came :smith:.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Whatever Steam is charging, it's worth it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Rumours are saying Deus Ex might be the next GOG release, so it might be worth waiting a week or so until we know for sure.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Rumours are saying Deus Ex might be the next GOG release, so it might be worth waiting a week or so until we know for sure.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/deus_ex/

It's :10bux:.

Gaph
May 15, 2007

Thought this was impressive. This was the level that sold me on the game, after I'd disabled the generator I remember reloading a few saves back to see how many different ways I could approach.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
Reposting from the DX:HR thread. It's a bit early for these, but holy poo poo can't stop laughing ow ow my lungs

Pirpintine posted:

Deus Ex Valentines cards! :D

They’re all hopelessly awful but there you go.

The Helios one is a goofy bonus.
- Link

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Morpheus is the most overlooked character. :(

Why no "I have recorded your smile. I was built to love you"?

Opus125
Jul 29, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is it possible to become impossibly stuck in this game?

I'm on the mission where you have to scuttle the freighter and I can't for the live of me find an explosive to take out the final weld point...

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
There are boom-crates everywhere, and the big exploding barrels (use strength aug or push em around REAL SLOW) as well as lams, gep guns, etc. Seriously, if you used up all the explosives without destroying all weld points you've done a pretty thorough job!

e: and you can always double back to the top of the ship and raid the armory, or go all the way back to the naval base to raid that armory!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Or just give yourself a LAM with the console if you don't want to mess with it.

Opus125
Jul 29, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Okay, so using the barrels was obvious in hindsight (and then I noticed a couple of TNTs tugged away in a corner.)

Man, that was the most frustrating level yet.

Anyway, I'm loving the game (mostly) except for those moments where you think progress will be simple and it turns out to be way more convoluted than you expected.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!
I'm going to come right out and say that I think while good Deus Ex is very overrated.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Execu-speak posted:

I'm going to come right out and say that I think while good Deus Ex is very overrated.
This man must be shamed to discourage others from leaving the fold and the Holy Embrace of Our Father in Augmentation; JC Denton.

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010

Execu-speak posted:

What a shame.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Execu-speak posted:

To be fair, you were never properly trained in its operation.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Execu-speak posted:

While I applaud your courage as coming out as someone who Doesn't Like A Thing, I don't supposed you could have actually gone to the trouble to explain why you didn't like it?

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Execu-speak posted:

Someone should knock you upside the head a few times, punk. Dismissed.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Execu-speak posted:

You've got 10 seconds to beat it before I add you to the list of NSF casualties.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Farbtoner posted:

While I applaud your courage as coming out as someone who Doesn't Like A Thing, I don't supposed you could have actually gone to the trouble to explain why you didn't like it?

It's all in the numbers.

Number one? That's terror.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's all in the numbers.

Number one? That's terror.

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard but I did. I've played the game so much that if you quote anything I'll read it in the characters voice.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

jojoinnit posted:

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard but I did. I've played the game so much that if you quote anything I'll read it in the characters voice.

I don't know if you got this, but strictly that's from Deus Ex: The Recut rather than the game proper.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Why contain it?

's cool!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Opus125 posted:

Is it possible to become impossibly stuck in this game?

I'm on the mission where you have to scuttle the freighter and I can't for the live of me find an explosive to take out the final weld point...

Yes. Yes, I learned the painful lesson myself. When I was younger, I had the habit of quick-saving frequently but never making hard saves. I also had the habit of closing doors behind me (in the game.) I managed to trap myself in the underwater research station by closing a door behind me that was impossible to blow up / lockpick / hack open. I also quick-saved after doing this because I hadn't immediately realized my mistake.

EDIT: :negative: For emphasis.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

HoldYourFire posted:

I don't know if you got this, but strictly that's from Deus Ex: The Recut rather than the game proper.

Welcome to the Coalition, JC. Might as well start using coke.

Opus125
Jul 29, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yes. Yes, I learned the painful lesson myself. When I was younger, I had the habit of quick-saving frequently but never making hard saves. I also had the habit of closing doors behind me (in the game.) I managed to trap myself in the underwater research station by closing a door behind me that was impossible to blow up / lockpick / hack open. I also quick-saved after doing this because I hadn't immediately realized my mistake.

EDIT: :negative: For emphasis.

I've been quick-saving this whole time myself, which was why I really panicked when I thought I had become irrevocably stuck.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

Farbtoner posted:

And he was never heard from again. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Or was it?

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Anyway. One of the most important Deus Ex discussions that has been raging since the game's release - what is the true nature of the soy food?

Soy food fine print posted:

Seasoned with nanoscale generators, this TSP (textured soy protein) not only tastes good but also self-heats when its package is opened.
Now this suggests to me that it is not in the form of fake potato crisps. Perhaps some sort of faux soy style meat? The future truly is a wonderful place.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

fuckpot posted:

Anyway. One of the most important Deus Ex discussions that has been raging since the game's release - what is the true nature of the soy food?

Now this suggests to me that it is not in the form of fake potato crisps. Perhaps some sort of faux soy style meat? The future truly is a wonderful place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swolegoat
Nov 4, 2011
Just gonna post this here cause it owns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZsytldc6Nk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)