Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

quote:

Someone mentioned his bulldog, Rosie, who had become the star of the day when the prosecution identified her as the inspiration for an allegedly secret bank account called Rosie 47.

“Poor old Rosie,” Redknapp said. “She’s dead now.”

WHAT. :cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
LFCSteAl Stephen Almond
#SuarezMoments When Alex Ferguson realised that #LFC had a world-class player and felt so threatened that he had to concoct a pack of lies.

Ringdin Damion
FA = Ferguson Association trying to stop the #suarezmoments but not for long #LFC YNWA!

Haffiie Hafsa Allstar
Look at all the hate Suarez is getting on #suarezmoments. Makes me sick. They're the real racists, not Luis.

edgeboymax Max Kafil
When he just sits there and laughs and watches you lot be racist twats while you say it's it's him.. It's actually you. #SuarezMoments

Mad4Torres1D Mad or Maddie! :)
So #SuarezMoments is just a bunch of hate,STFU,Evra insulted Suarez so all be quiet and how can a mixed race man be loving racist?!

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
As an american who watches mostly english soccer myself and my friends have all chosen teams almost at random. We follow these teams like it was our religion. But we have no real affiliation with the town/area. Mostly this is due to the fact we have no real soccer team to support in our area, southern united states and more specifically TN. Do you find this either offensive/flattering or maybe a combination of both? and other southern soccer watchers do you follow the MLS even if there in cities you dont like/are not affiliated with? Or have you also moved over seas? Just wondering and would like some feedback from the TRP community.
Thanks guys

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
The FA created the Regulatory Commission, and appointed all the members. True/False?

The FA prosecuted the case as representatives of Evra. True/False?

The chairman of the commission is a partner at Blackstone, who also led the appeal on behalf of the FA & Rooney v. UEFA, and who seem to get a lot of FA business. True/False?

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

The FA created the Regulatory Commission, and appointed all the members. True/False?

The FA prosecuted the case as representatives of Evra. True/False?

The chairman of the commission is a partner at Blackstone, who also led the appeal on behalf of the FA & Rooney v. UEFA, and who seem to get a lot of FA business. True/False?

I like the progression in this one.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Bush did 9/11. True/False?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

quote:

There are three versions to this sorry tale: Evra's - Suarez called me a n****r more than ten times. Suarez's - I called him a black guy once, in a friendly way. The FA's - Suarez called Evra black seven times in an aggressive way. Liverpool fans believe Suarez and therefore believe Evra lied or at least greatly exaggerated for the sole purpose of getting Suarez banned.

Now if you believe Suarez, then you also believe he did nothing wrong and was not racist in any way, so supporting him is in no way condoning racism because no racist act was perpetrated. Even if you accept the FA version then that implies that both players lied - Suarez did it to defend himself, Evra did it to get Suarez banned. As a neutral, which is the worse reason to lie?

So as a Liverpool fan, can you now see why Liverpool fans boo Evra? And to the statement that Evra did nothing wrong - even the FA by agreeing on 7x 'black' as the official version, imply that Evra lied (and Suarez also, of course.) Evra did nothing wrong? He lied to get a fellow player banned.

And I'll add my own opinion: Evra insulted Suarez with the kind of comment that made Zidane lose it in the WC final - a very impressive level of Spanish (I speak it) yet he mistranslated 'negro' as 'n****r'? Yeah, right. Suarez could easily have said 'puto negro' or 'negro de mierda' (remember Luis Aragones, Spanish manager, talking about Thierry Henry?) but he didn't. For those two reasons I believe Luis Suarez and would boo Evra every time.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

quote:

everything seems ok EXCEPT the huge liverbird. good effort but you should keep personal designs to yourself. you have to admit that huge background element is no where near any current trends. its seems our owners dig such grungy designs judging from the current summer look. very disappointed and sad. another era where i wont buy anything from the club.

I would like to say that the management have failed to be professional and cater to a global audience. they have not hired top designers and it speaks badly for the club. If they need any advice, they should look at barcelona and even man city and man united current kits. I think the common denominator is Nike designs. I am actually a big fan of our 80's addidas look. But design comes first and currently the clubs grungy and hoolilander looks are hedious and clearly someone's making dated design decisions based on their own egos and wimps.

I will hope one day when the club's merchandise is properly runned. till then, I can confidently say they are chasing away customers and have lost the opportunity to make huge money. they may pls people who dig such designs but they are the minority or dated fashion taste people. geometric designs and tribal graffiti are in. but noooo. we still dig that early 2000's look. neutrals must be looking at us like some backward club.

if you want to find the biggest twats on your clubs various discussion forums please locate any "kit/fashion experts"

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
geometric designs and tribal graffiti are in. but noooo. we still dig that early 2000's look. neutrals must be looking at us like some backward club.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

T. Fine posted:

if you want to find the biggest twats on your clubs various discussion forums please locate any "kit/fashion experts"

Can you post the kit he was talking about?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Mickolution posted:

Can you post the kit he was talking about?

A guy on RAWK whipped this up:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Keep in mind every single thing in that thread is a mock-up and he's just a massive twat

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

T. Fine posted:

Keep in mind every single thing in that thread is a mock-up and he's just a massive twat

Haha, certainly seems like it.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
when I think of fashionthe first thing I think of is football shirts and I wear them tucked into a pair pf jeans

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
and the jeans are really high, just below my nipples

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Instead of invading countries, using drones and cruise missiles--­I say we just sponsor soccer matches. They seem to have no problem killing one another for any ol' trivial reason. Would be really economical­. Have the World Cup every year instead of every four years.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
cool

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Because of Tim Tebow I’m still standing with AVB. I stood with Tebow when everyone said he couldn’t play and I will do the same with AVB when people say he needs to go. Just gotta have faith that he can turn it around.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Tim Tebow is awful though. He's got the worst throw of any QB I've ever seen.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Also God or Jesus or whatever isn't with AVB

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
gonna facebook stalk jenna benefer

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Is Jenna short for Jennifer?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

The Mash posted:

Is Jenna short for Jennifer?
No

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

8raz posted:

No

Then her name isn't as funny as I might have hoped for

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Ugh. Guess which forum this is from:

SwedishRed posted:

The FA are a total arse wipe of an organisation... Bastard FA. Im disgusted with the way they have handled this affair with JT. John Barnes was totally correct this week when he critcised the FA over this...

They have effectively undermined the Manager's decision to keep JT as Captain, and that is totally wrong imo. What is the point in casting judgement on JT by telling him he cant be Captain, yet still allowing him to play for England?! Its rediculous... It should have been either ban JT from playing for England until the verdict, OR leave it as it is... BUT they chose to go half way! loving incredible Mickey Mouse organisation.

I was hoping Capello would have remained Manager, and stick two fingers up at the old twats. Im really annoyed now... All because of an alleged racist remark by Camel Lips loving brother! Which may well be a gently caress all comment IF JT is innocent...

Now imaging if JT is proven innocent! Wouldnt they look like twats! And if he is Guilty, then why not act NOW?! He isnt a racist!

All the FA has done is really harm our chances in the European Championships... And dispite what 80% of whay you lot think on here, England do have a chance to win it, just like 8 other top Nations do!

Im loving gutted. End of bastard rant.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
If he's been arrested for where's ur caravan comment it just goes to prove how pathetic this club is becoming ever since they got rid of "zoo corner" the atmosphere has been rubbish and imo bringing in a flag hasn't done nothing for it either and now arrests for alleged gypsy jokes r these sados going to complain when who's the wa**er in the gets shouted let's turn are club into a nice happy clappy no atmosphere club where chanting anything to the opposition will get u nicked or banned

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Wario Tifo posted:

If he's been arrested for where's ur caravan comment it just goes to prove how pathetic this club is becoming ever since they got rid of "zoo corner" the atmosphere has been rubbish and imo bringing in a flag hasn't done nothing for it either and now arrests for alleged gypsy jokes r these sados going to complain when who's the wa**er in the gets shouted let's turn are club into a nice happy clappy no atmosphere club where chanting anything to the opposition will get u nicked or banned

Stay classy Argyle.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
I will respond to PETROLANGO, #10, and whilst it is difficult, I understand why it is easy to respond, but many intelligent posters have stated in the past "do not feed the Energy Creature". Did anyone see INSIDE-OUT on BBC NorthWest on Monday Night ? It was all about TROLLING. The provocative posters, or multi-ID's, probably just 2 maybe 3 TROLLS, on this LEP Forum that are doing this, not to be mistaken with the real WUMs. The INSIDE-OUT programme spoke to an expert from UCLAN whose advice was to "ignore them" so you do not satisfy their craving. This behaviour was also discussed on Panorama at 8:30, and whilst it is clearly a mental-health issue, there have been 2 successful prosecutions in this country for their behaviour. Their behaviour includes posting sickening comments on Facebook tribute pages to people who have recently died, or, even targeting kids who post on YouTube. One TROLL, interviewed, admitted to wanting to PROVOKE A REACTION. We all know who the posters are on here, and they are no different to the subject matter of these programmes on Monday evening (both available on the iPlayer). They crave attention in a provoking way. There are a couple of MP's taking up this issue at the moment, so hopefully there will be specific law in how to deal with the issue of TROLLS hiding behind anonymity issue in the near future, but in the meantime, and in the absence of a better system from the LEP to prevent posters having logins, I would suggest that if you are targeted, that you do not respond, but take a screenshot (for your evidence), log it, and report it to the LEP. Does anyone not realise that when the LEP shuts down the ability to post that something libellous has been written ? The one gratifying thing about all this, is that the TROLLS days are numbered, both for posting and potential custodial sentences, so a criminal record on the end of it. MP's are pushing now !

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

quote:

Proof that he lowered his hand. lying little snake.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

in my eyes today luis Suarez became a legend forever and that twat evra (is the word twat racial in the uk) delberatly caused all the amunition for the media, look at the shaking hand incident especially the height of the twats hand to all the previous handshakes and watch him lower it as luis comes by i was praying for luis to ignore him for what this twat has done to my club.The remarks of ferguson after the game are a disgrace! any liverpool fan who gives a Kenny any stick should be banned from rawk. 

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Ahh, Facebook.

quote:

Media band wagon making out everything is Luis the legends fault yet this pic shows Evra the cock pulling his hand away. Fair play, best team won but Evra is still a dick head that needs a good kicking!!!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Ah yes, handshake mindgames. "If I pull my hand back a little bit, then he'll think I don't want to shake his hand and then I can get mad when he doesn't. It's a perfect plan."

Football fans are stupid.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The easiest way to spot a disingenuous scouser is if he is using a gif or a jpeg

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
A team bankrolled by a f*cking cook and supported by an unfunny comedian.

Enough said, one day they will rot and we will stay up this season ready to take them on next season.

They are just as easy to hate as much as Crawley Town and Scumchester United.

All three teams can quite frankly do one for all I care. I've had a s**t week and day, falling out with my postman, who I thought was a friend, my cassette player is broken, so I have to get a new one. Amongst so many other things, not to forget today's result, it's been crap

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

You could really just quote about 60% of the posts in the matchday thread on RAWK. I've never seen people go over about 4 frames of a video continuously and use it to prove whatever point they want.

To be fair, though, the other 40% are actually talking some sense about the game.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i cant believe this. Has anyone actually seen the footage, does no one see suarez offer his hand and Evra is the one moves his hand back? its on Youtube for goodness sake or you can see another view on This Is Anfield website. No wonder Suarez said its not as it seems! Especially when poor reporting stirs it up more. I expect this to be moderated but hopefully the BBC will have the guts to go back, look again and start realising there is reason why Dalglish is defending Suarez and get back to impartial journalism.

---

Ferguson has never won a championship whilst Kenny was in charge of Liverpool. Kenny won it twice in the same head to head period and only retired due to health isuse. No wonder Fergie sounds like a bitter old man with his stirring.

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 12, 2012

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

Ever had a boy/girlfriend where you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't, and you can never please them? Evra i imagine is a bit like that boy/girl, Mr Alex Ferguson like her dad, quick to blame. Borderline personality disorder. When i saw evra's eyes all lit up after the non handshake, i thought, yeah, you got the conflict stimulation you were looking for. Evra i imagine is crippled by fear of conflict, so, just like the poster boy for this sort of abused personality, bill o'reilly, he unconsciously walks towards it to recreate the original fear. like o'reilly found murdoch, evra found Mr Alex Ferguson, abusive controlling parents both who give them legitimacy, license to f**k the heads of "the enemy". It's why Kenny and the club won't give in 'cos they know, just like this handshake, that it's all a set up. The one on the receiving end of the dynamic always ends up powerless and angry, just as we all did, powerless and angry being the projection of the very feelings that the accuser will do anything not to feel themselves. I should say, in his defense, that maybe evra's original wounding happened around racial abuse when younger, which wouldn't be uncommon in this world.

Keep your distance, there is rarely any healing for that wound.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

Ferguson has never won a championship whilst Kenny was in charge of Liverpool.

Um.. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Ste
Aug 22, 2010

EvilHawk posted:

You could really just quote about 60% of the posts in the matchday thread on RAWK. I've never seen people go over about 4 frames of a video continuously and use it to prove whatever point they want.

To be fair, though, the other 40% are actually talking some sense about the game.

I present you with a poster by the name of Andy @ Allerton. The following posts are regarding Kenny, the Club, and Suarez's choice to finally apologise and put the whole circus to bed:

quote:

That's it. He's gone.

Wonder which manager we'll get. Someone the media pick and FSG approve of.

Steve Bruce, Alex McLeish. Someone like that no doubt. This club is hosed.

Sad sad day for LFC. It's worse than I even thought before. Disgusting. loving pathetic from the club at every level. Embarrased to be a Liverpool fan at this moment in time. loving disgrace. Inexcusable.

Feel especially sorry for Kenny. He doesn't need this loving shite. All that he's done for this football club and he's been forced to eat shite from a trough out of Fergusons arse.

quote:

After that statement LFC is done. We are going to be midtable at best now. We're done. We'll spend the rest of our existence grovelling and begging at the table of the FA and Manchester United. loving disgusting.

Yes, we as a football club are done because of an apology.