Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Slime posted:

Roxy will have a GCatsprite and for Jake, a mystery woofbeast Lusus that looks suspiciously like Halley will come out of nowhere and be prototyped. Both in parallel to Jaspersprite and Becsprite.

It would be great if it really was just a dog that looked suspiciously like Halley (we saw Halley's taxidermied corpse, so we know he can't get prototyped unless Jade donates the taxidermied version somehow).

I don't know, I kind of feel like it's going to be Poppopsprite, Autorespondersprite, Brobotsprite, and I don't know what Roxy's will be. It being GCat would gently caress things up just as neatly as they got hosed up in the kids' session, so I'm not sure that's really feasible. It's just that instead of giving Jack ultimate power, it would give the Batterwitch ultimate power.

Unless she's already destroyed the ring, which is possible. I mean, if it doesn't work that way for humans, it probably doesn't work that way for trolls, either. And I can't imagine she'd want to have something around that someone could use against her in the future!

So maybe GCatsprite is absolutely feasible.

There's also the chance that an alternate self or dead dreamself will get used in order to mirror Dave and Jade's prototyping. Or even a dead real self, though that would have to be some pretty early murder to happen to the kids at that point in the game.

dumb brunette fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
It can only be GCat and not gently caress up the game if GCat was prototyped after entering the medium.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
We don't even know what prototyping will accomplish prior to entering the Medium with no prototyping towers on Prospit/Derse.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Slime posted:

It's gotta be Poppopsprite. John had Nannasprite, so Jane needs a Poppopsprite.

Roxy will have a GCatsprite and for Jake, a mystery woofbeast Lusus that looks suspiciously like Halley will come out of nowhere and be prototyped. Both in parallel to Jaspersprite and Becsprite.

And since Dave's sprite is an alternate version of himself, the same will happen for Dirk, so obviously it's be Autorespondersprite.

edit: it's like poetry, it rhymes.

Nannasprite was post-entrance. Pre-entrance was the harlequin, so we need a parallel for that. Perhaps a dapper chap.

But yeah it'll totally be Poppopsprite after they enter. I've been predicting that since before Jane was even revealed. I look forward to the spritelogs between the two.

I honestly have no idea what Roxy and Jake will prototype, though. I don't see the First Guardian thing happening again, but maybe (can you really see the GCat doing that though? Sacrificing itself to save someone else doesn't really seem like a cat thing. Plus cats are too smart to doom everyone :colbert:)

The ARsprite seems almost certain, but again that will be post-entrance (like Davesprite was). Remember the pre-entrance affects everything, so would we just have a bunch of imps wearing pointy shades?

^^^^
Still not sure if that's intentional or not. It doesn't seem to make any sense. Maybe Prospit and Derse just lack the towers before anyone enters.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Starmaker posted:

I honestly have no idea what Roxy and Jake will prototype, though. I don't see the First Guardian thing happening again, but maybe (can you really see the GCat doing that though? Sacrificing itself to save someone else doesn't really seem like a cat thing. Plus cats are too smart to doom everyone :colbert:)

The cat would do it just to dick everyone over. I mean, it's a cat. That's what they do.

Starmaker posted:

Still not sure if that's intentional or not. It doesn't seem to make any sense. Maybe Prospit and Derse just lack the towers before anyone enters.

I kind of feel like this is where things are going. I sort of expect to see a flash with the towers spawning (four of them already lit) when Jane enters the Medium for real. If it doesn't happen, though, oh well! Another mystery.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Starmaker posted:

When Prospit was first revealed (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002926), it already had the towers. The chronology on that flash is actually a little weird, because John at that point of time in the updates was in the medium already...however from Dream Jade's perspective this was before he entered (since she would later message him in this flash, which was a message she sent to him in Act 1: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002973).

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Slime posted:

edit: it's like poetry, it rhymes.
OK George!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

dissin department posted:

If AR gets prototyped, Dirk is gonna need new glasses.

Or he could just wear ARsprite on his face :haw:

Dirk's got a pair of backup shades in his Sylladex.

The lack of prototyping towers on Derse/Prospit says to me that any prototyping that occurs is probably going to be after the B2 kids enter the Medium.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
In regards to the pre and post entry prototyping, obviously all these will go in the opposite order too. So the prototypings will go as follows.

Poppop then Dapper Chap
Gcat then Wizard
Autoresponder then white bird
Dream Jake then a mystery woofbeast that looks like Halley.

That's right, we'll have hordes of John/Gcat/Autoresponder/Jake imps running around.

Spellman posted:

Ok George!

Hopefully it'll work.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man I am REALLY hoping Gcat doesn't get prototyped; we'd just have all the problems from Bec's prototyping all over again, only with the Empress wearing the ring instead of Jack (worse!).

e: VVVVVVVVVV If that's the case we'd just have all four monarchs with First Guardian powers which seems like a pretty bad situation anyway

loquacius fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 8, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well, the ring shouldn't affect anyone except Prospitians/Dersites so I don't think that's an issue.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

Slime posted:

That's right, we'll have hordes of John/Gcat/Autoresponder/Jake imps running around.

Imps are only affected by pre-entry prototyping. That's why we didn't have a bunch of jade-sprite imps running around.

The working hypothesis is that, since there are no prototyping towers on either Drospit or Derse, the kids of this universe will not prototype pre-entry. Meaning they will enter via shenanigans. Or die.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

TOAST7312 posted:

Imps are only affected by pre-entry prototyping. That's why we didn't have a bunch of jade-sprite imps running around.

The working hypothesis is that, since there are no prototyping towers on either Drospit or Derse, the kids of this universe will not prototype pre-entry. Meaning they will enter via shenanigans. Or die.

Can the Green Sun powers open a gate in or out of the medium?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Lady of the Beech posted:

Can the Green Sun powers open a gate in or out of the medium?

The Green Sun teleportation seems to be limited to within a universe. Jack had to use the skaian portals and the lotus time pod thingy to travel to the B1 universe, he had to use the device within those statins to travel to the troll session, Bec only entered the medium via Sburb, as far as I can tell Doc Scratch never entered the Troll session and so on.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Jade explicitly explains this here.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

The Green Sun teleportation seems to be limited to within a universe. Jack had to use the skaian portals and the lotus time pod thingy to travel to the B1 universe, he had to use the device within those statins to travel to the troll session, Bec only entered the medium via Sburb, as far as I can tell Doc Scratch never entered the Troll session and so on.

It makes me wonder if the meteor gates work both ways.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Didn't Rose more or less explain that prototyping pre-entry is only mandatory in that it's needed to develop the battlefield? If so, entering without prototyping in this scenario while normally dooming a session (they wouldn't be able to create the genesis frog) would not be a problem perhaps because Jade is bringing another developed battlefield anyway from the pre-scratched session.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Didn't Rose more or less explain that prototyping pre-entry is only mandatory in that it's needed to develop the battlefield? If so, entering without prototyping in this scenario while normally dooming a session (they wouldn't be able to create the genesis frog) would not be a problem perhaps because Jade is bringing another developed battlefield anyway from the pre-scratched session.

That's what I figured was happening.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Lady of the Beech posted:

It makes me wonder if the meteor gates work both ways.

Even if they do, they only seem to open for a split second, and there's a meteor going through in the opposite direction.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Nate RFB posted:

We don't even know what prototyping will accomplish prior to entering the Medium with no prototyping towers on Prospit/Derse.

My theory is that we just can't see the towers from this angle and if you flip the planets 90 degrees turnways towards the camera you'll see they were there all along.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
This is going back a bit, and it's probably already been pointed out by someone somewhere, but the map image in Dirk's room is a picture of Atlantis. Specifically it is an image of Atlantis appearing in Timaeus by Plato, discussing the nature of the world and of human beings (the link to Dave being obvious here.)

sansuki
May 17, 2003

I am just hoping that there will be a huge fakeout, and Dad gets prototyped.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sansuki posted:

I am just hoping that there will be a huge fakeout, and Dad gets prototyped.

The Black King's pipe will burn hotter than the sun. Its fuel will be the broken bodies of Prospitians and fallen players; it will expel the charred remains of their souls upon the King's mighty exhalation.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Nate RFB posted:

But the battlefield Jade's bringing is a crappy barren one. Instead of containing whatever is needed to incubate the Genesis Frog, it had The Tumor.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I just worry due to the lack of towers, the off-the-rails nature of the batterwitch being in charge, and the fact that Hussie is probably going to be trying to wrap things up in a quicker fashion(which he may or may not do, goodness knows the man's incapable of accurately projecting how long sections of a story will go) that we won't see any prototyping. Which is a shame, because as this entire conversation has shown, prototyping is a pretty fascinating story mechanic and everyone's interested in what might come of it with this group of kids.

If anyone remembers the days before Jade: Enter, there were a million guesses and fanarts about what might get prototyped. ..And even after, the same for what the second prototyping might be. (BroBecsprite being one of the most popular, and for good reason because most art of it was goddamn hilarious.)

So I'm really hoping that plot needs or Hussie wanting to hurry things along doesn't deny us some interesting possibilities.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
What if the first prototyping is Dad, but the second Prototyping is also Dad, the one dead on the Battlefield that Jade is bringing?

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

YggiDee posted:

But the battlefield Jade's bringing is a crappy barren one. Instead of containing whatever is needed to incubate the Genesis Frog, it had The Tumor.

The Tumor was proven to be unrelated to what is or isn't necessary to create a new universe. This session was, in fact, the only one in which a Tumor existed as its purpose was to create the Green Sun.

That idea was a misdirection on the part of Doc Scratch to make the idea of destroying the Green Sun a favorable one to such an end that they would inevitably create it.

The battlefield is, however, barren in respect to the fact that it's surface has been almost entirely obliterated along with most, if not all, of those who were on it.

Also, we've yet to explicitly see in what respect the battlefield is involved in the creation of Bilious Slick.

TOAST7312 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 9, 2012

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

YggiDee posted:

What if the first prototyping is Dad, but the second Prototyping is also Dad, the one dead on the Battlefield that Jade is bringing?

Gonna be a bit ripe after three years, I should think.

Actually there's a thought about something to do in the intervening three years - burials. We know the meteor crew are planning a corpse-party, but the spaceship crew has Mom and Dad's remains (if they weren't vaporized in the Rose/Bec Noir scuffle), an errant Dave corpse or two, a dead Jade and John, a Bro and Rose...

Yeesh, they've got a full set of corpses they could bury. That poo poo's creepy as hell.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Dirk is going to regret this

So hard

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maybe the un-prototyped battlefield that exists in the new session can, like, merge with the broken up one? That's if it's true in the first place that it is still unable to raise Bilious Slick. Who knows what releasing the Vast Croak actually entails.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Dolash posted:

Gonna be a bit ripe after three years, I should think.

Actually there's a thought about something to do in the intervening three years - burials. We know the meteor crew are planning a corpse-party, but the spaceship crew has Mom and Dad's remains (if they weren't vaporized in the Rose/Bec Noir scuffle), an errant Dave corpse or two, a dead Jade and John, a Bro and Rose...

Yeesh, they've got a full set of corpses they could bury. That poo poo's creepy as hell.

How the hell are you supposed to deal with your own corpse? That's pretty heavy. John might be okay now, but that didn't make him any less dead when he got stabbed.

Maybe Jade practices her taxidermy on everyone, and keeps them all on LOLAR.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

TOAST7312 posted:

The Tumor was proven to be unrelated to what is or isn't necessary to create a new universe. This session was, in fact, the only one in which a Tumor existed as its purpose was to create the Green Sun.

I have a crazy theory lots of sessions have a Tumor. It consumes two universes to make a Green Sun, allowing the rise of Lord English. It is inevitably destroyed by the players, given the infinite amount of universes that can be created. How exactly do you eat a universe? Eating something involves breaking it down into usable materials to fuel your survival. Two universes got broken down in order to create a source of energy.

The Green Sun is created and destroyed infinite times, and the creation of the Green Sun is in fact the method that Lord English uses to consume universes. That's a theory, anyway.

YggiDee posted:

How the hell are you supposed to deal with your own corpse? That's pretty heavy. John might be okay now, but that didn't make him any less dead when he got stabbed.

Maybe Jade practices her taxidermy on everyone, and keeps them all on LOLAR.

Now I really want the John that's dead on LOWAS to get prototyped, and then die again on the quest bed.

It'll be like that Homestuck DBZ parody.

Slime fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 9, 2012

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Starmaker posted:

The schizophrenic server is the best thing. These last few updates have been amazing.

AR is gonna steal control from Dirk just in time to throw something stupid into the kernelsprite. Perhaps the Astaire.
Astaire is gonna be prototyped with all the B2 kid's kernelsprites. It will keep happening.

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Great at giving unsolicited bad advice in the Dota2 thread without having a public profile! You see, it's his shitty teammates that hold him back; he wouldn't want you thinking it's him.

His posts make it sound like he's playing a different game. Seriously.

TOAST7312 posted:

Also, we've yet to explicitly see in what respect the battlefield is involved in the creation of Bilious Slick.

Explicit creation? None. Whatsoever. Creation of Bilious Slick is the responsibility of the stoker of the Forge, that is, the hero of Space.

Of course, there won't be a hero of Space unless they are created out of paradox slime and sent back in time and space on a meteor, which happens during the Reckoning, which has to be started by the Black King after Derse wins, which happens only after the Battlefield has been fully shaped, which is done by the players prototyping their kernel sprites.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I get the feeling that when Dirk is talking to UU s/he'll identify as a male.

After all Calamasis, who is obviously hinted at to be a stand in for UU, is described as androgynous so I doubt they'd just leave UU as simply a female.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 9, 2012

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

At this point I'm sure that Jane is convinced that Dirk has lost his goddamn mind. Torn between humoring him for more hilarious conversation and running away in fear lest the lunatic server player get her killed.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thundarr posted:

At this point I'm sure that Jane is convinced that Dirk has lost his goddamn mind. Torn between humoring him for more hilarious conversation and running away in fear lest the lunatic server player get her killed.

She has to know he built a sentient AI to answer his IMs when he's not around. Everyone else does, and that's the kind of thing that people talk about. He just usually doesn't have it and himself both in the same conversation typing in different colors, so she was confused before. But in today's update he referred to it directly, so she probably knows what's up.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Slime posted:

I have a crazy theory lots of sessions have a Tumor. It consumes two universes to make a Green Sun, allowing the rise of Lord English. It is inevitably destroyed by the players, given the infinite amount of universes that can be created. How exactly do you eat a universe? Eating something involves breaking it down into usable materials to fuel your survival. Two universes got broken down in order to create a source of energy.

The Green Sun is created and destroyed infinite times, and the creation of the Green Sun is in fact the method that Lord English uses to consume universes. That's a theory, anyway.

Now I really want the John that's dead on LOWAS to get prototyped, and then die again on the quest bed.

It'll be like that Homestuck DBZ parody.

Ok, sounds good, but, see, I don't know where everyone got the idea that LE eats universes? Maybe I missed something but as far as I know that was never mentioned or really even hinted at, especially since we've seen what he does with a universe (Troll's). Unless yeah, using it as fuel -> eating but still.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

Gizmotinker posted:

Explicit creation? None. Whatsoever. Creation of Bilious Slick is the responsibility of the stoker of the Forge, that is, the hero of Space.

Of course, there won't be a hero of Space unless they are created out of paradox slime and sent back in time and space on a meteor, which happens during the Reckoning, which has to be started by the Black King after Derse wins, which happens only after the Battlefield has been fully shaped, which is done by the players prototyping their kernel sprites.

I concede to you, good sir. I have been foiled! wait no!

Fake edit: Also, update

pre/post-Edit double reach-around: If this session's kids came from the previous session's ectobiology session, then it would not be required for their creation in this universe seeing as we are unaware of any prototyping towers to make a battlefield in the first place. So in this session the requirements to make Slick have already been met. The battlefield allowed Jade to exist, and currently she still does. So in the new session, then, would the Battlefield still be necessary if its purpose in making Bilious Slick was to create the forge keeper who IS ALREADY HERE, or does it have continuing meaning?

quote:

TT: Ok, long story short, you and the handle gently caress gratuitously. Nuff said.

:stonk:
Oh god, what torrent of fanartist ideas has he unleashed?! HUSSIE!!!!!! :argh:

Real edit: Also, more UU!

TOAST7312 fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I know we're kind of in the middle of something what with all these logs, but a thought occured.

Did we discuss what happened to Derse when Jade pocketed their Incipisphere? It was still totally there, and she took all the other planets, but she left Derse. There were still lots of Dersites on there (in that it hadn't been depopulated by any event) and they're apparently okay with Dersites since Jade pulled a few up to hang out with them on the ship and it wasn't a big deal, so why didn't she take Derse with them?

Did she just sort of forget? Because it kind of seems like she inadvertedly killed everyone on the planet by leaving it behind. Seems kind of cold if she didn't care. Did Hussie perhaps not care, since that Derse was now narratively irrelevant? I'd kind of feel bad if this is never touched on, I know she may not have liked Derse much but with the Royals dead it seems pretty terrible to wipe them out, even out of negligence.