Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's because I passed out and slept for like, ten hours. I now feel 80-90% better then I did yesterday.

Edit: And the game comes down to a TAC and a piloting test. Let the fretting begin!

The TAC is on the Hunchback and threatens to blow its ammo. You can't make me worry. :colbert:

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Poptarts Ninja you transmitted your germs through the internet and got me unpleasantly ill as well. For this transgression, I request that you invoke global warming and cause all the water to evaporate from the river (or something equally stupid and random).

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Oda tried to run in his Atlas, slipped and fell, then the resulting TAC hit his AC/20 ammo. No need for Seppuku.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
We're getting a double-turn, right? I mean, the next update will finally end this torture, won't it?

From now on, I would like this LP to take the form of a book. Future players, instead of making any decisions and gumming up the works, will simply be required to read dramatically from it.

Speaking of which, somebody should totally do a Far Country LibreVox and actually title it something else (just find a crappy sounding science fiction story from 1922).

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Counting Coup: Tactical Update 20

Movement Phase
P3 Gargoyle D
- Entered water hex 0637, must pass a piloting test (3 base - 1 water depth = 2): automatic success!

Y1 Hunchback
- Moves recklessly into hex 0336, must pass a piloting test (4 base + 2 cumulative penalty = 6): rolled 8, succeeds!

Combat Phase
P3 Gargoyle D
- Torso Twists to threaten hex 0633!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Y1 Hunchback (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (10/20 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Y1 Hunchback (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (6/16 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Y1 Hunchback (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Y1 Hunchback (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Y1 Hunchback (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, 6 missiles hit Left Arm (14/16 armor remains), Left Arm (12/16 armor remains), Left Leg (18/20 armor remains), Right Arm (4/16 armor remains), Right Torso (8/20 armor remains), Right Arm (2/16 armor remains)!
- Generates 36 heat, sinks 32!

B Warhammer
- Holds fire!

O1 Atlas
- Holds fire!

O2 Mauler Daboku 1
- Holds fire!

O3 Mauler Daboku 2
- Holds fire!

O4 Hatamoto Hankou
- Holds fire!

S1 Phoenix Hawk
- Holds fire!

S3 Jenner 2
- Holds fire!

S5 Panther 1
- Holds fire!

Y1 Hunchback
- Fires Autocannon/20 at P3 Gargoyle D (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (4/26 armor remains) Through-armor critical chance!
- Fires Medium Laser at P3 Gargoyle D (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 7, Right Arm (13/26 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at P3 Gargoyle D (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (0/26 armor, 14/17 structure remains) Critical chance!

End Phase:
Y1 Hunchback
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

P3 Gargoyle D
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - MASC Destroyed!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 7, succeeds!

Ravenwater’s Gargoyle touched down in the Kado-Guchi river with an angry hiss of steam. He spun as he landed, feathering his jump jets to cover his own escape. The Kurita Jenner wasn’t too far behind, although he doubted it’d catch up in time to stop him.

He’d simply hop from bridge to bridge on his way out of the city, and evade the Kurita battle lines entirely. They weren’t covering the river approach at all, and by the time they shifted forces he’d escape, provided he evaded his pursuers. Only the Jenner was swift enough to follow, and he’d kill it if the Kurita pilot was foolish enough to catch him alone.

A `Mech sprang up the side of the nearest bridge at a brisk walk; its black-painted armor blending for a moment with the buildings behind it and obscuring its outline. A pair of golden cat’s eyes stared from either side of its chest. Ravenwater fired without a moment’s hesitation, two of his lasers passing over the enemy `Mech’s head as they locked on to the building behind it. His large lasers vaporized armor on the `Mech’s torso and arm, and his SRMs spiraled in to pulverize plating; blasting away one of those golden cat’s eyes in the process.

The Hunchback’s return fire staggered him like a punch to the gut, the heavy autocannon shattering armor plates and shredding the delicate and bulky Myomer Acceleration Signal Circuitry with shards of flying ferro-fibrous armor. Smoke wafted through his shattered cockpit as the Hunchback’s medium laser scoured the last of the armor from his right torso and set a bundle of wiring ablaze. Ravenwater grinned.

Too little, House Kurita. Too little, and too late.

Mission Objectives
Kill Takashi Kurita (Success!)

Secondary Objective
At least 1 Clan `Mech escapes via any of the river hexes

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
B Warhammer: R+2
O1 Atlas: S+0
O2 Mauler Daboku 1: S+0
O3 Mauler Daboku 2: S+0
O4 Hatamoto Hankou: S+0
S1 Phoenix Hawk: R+3
S3 Jenner 2: R+4
S5 Panther 1: S+0
Y1 Hunchback: ACE!

P5 Kingfisher B
Weight: 90 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Star Captain Nasrullah
Mechwarrior Player: Keru
Mechwarrior Status: 3rd Degree burns, Killed by Synaptic Overload!

P4 Gargoyle 1 Prime
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Mechwarrior Zenyatta DeLarel
Mechwarrior Player: GenericOverusedName
Mechwarrior Status: OK!

P3 Gargoyle 2 D
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 0/9 (2/3)
LT A(S): 4/26 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 36/38 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 12/12
RT A(S): 0/26 (14/17)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 14/26 (13/13)
RA A(S): 13/26 (13/13)
LL A(S): 19/34 (17/17)
RL A(S): 4/34 (17/17)
Heat: 3/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 16(32)
Movement: 5/8[10]/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Star Captain Matsukaze Ravenwater
Mechwarrior Player: Der Waffle Maus
Armament:
ER Large Laser – RA (Heat: 12, Range: (L:25 M:15 S:8), Status: OK!)
ER Large Laser – RA (Heat: 12, Range: (L:25 M:15 S:8), Status: OK!)
Streak SRM-6 – LA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 14, Range: (L:12 M:8 S:4), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – LA (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
ER Small Laser – HD (Heat: 2, Range: (L:6 M:4 S:2), Status: OK!)
Targeting Computer – RT (Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 2 hands

P2 Hellbringer C
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Star Colonel Kelso Cooper
Mechwarrior Player: Serril
Mechwarrior Status: Killed in Action!

P1 Stormcrow B
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior Name: ilKhan Lair Seidman
Mechwarrior Player: thatbastardken
Mechwarrior Status: Neural Feedback, Compound-Fractured Collarbone, Incinerated!

Enemy Status

A) GRD-1T Grand Dragon
Weight:
60 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Coordinator Takashi Kurita
Mechwarrior Status: Unknown!

B) WHM-6Y Warhammer
Weight:
70 tons (Heavy)
Overheat Penalty: None
Mechwarrior: Pilot 0, Gunnery 0
Mechwarrior Name: Sho-sa Yorinaga Kurita
Armament:
2x ER PPC, 3x Medium Laser, 2x Small Laser, Null Signature System
Notes:

C) THG-11E Thug
Weight:
80 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior Name: Akira Kurita
Mechwarrior Status: Severe concussion!

O1 AS7-D Atlas
Weight:
100 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: Sho-Sho Oda Hideyoshi
Mechwarrior Status: Enraged!
Armament:
Autocannon/20, 4x Medium Laser, LRM-20, SRM-6
Notes:

O2 MDB-1X Mauler Daboku 1
Weight:
90 tons (Assault)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Armament:
2x Gauss Rifle, 3x Medium Laser
Notes:

O3 MDB-1X Mauler Daboku 2
Weight:
90 tons (Assault)
Armament:
2x Gauss Rifle, 3x Medium Laser
Notes:

O4 HTM-25T Hatamoto Hankou
Weight:
80 tons (Assault)
Armament:
Gauss Rifle, 2x SRM-6, Medium Laser, Small Laser
Notes:

S1 PHX-1D Phoenix Hawk
Weight:
45 tons (Medium)
Armament:
Large Laser, 2x Medium Laser
Notes:

S2 JR7-D Jenner 1
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Ejection seat failure!

S3 JR7-D Jenner 2
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Armament:
4x Medium Laser, SRM-4
Notes:

S4 SDR-5V Spider
Weight:
30 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Dead!

S5 PNT-8Z Panther 1
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Armament:
SRM-4
Notes:

S6 PNT-9R Panther 2
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Ejected!

S7 PNT-9R Panther 3
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Killed In Action!

S8 PNT-9R Panther 4
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Unknown!

Y1 HBK-4G Hunchback
Weight:
50 tons (Medium)
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Status: Ok!
Armament:
Autocannon/20, 2x Medium Laser, Small Laser
Notes:

After-Action Report:
And this is where I call things. I have no way of stopping Der Waffle Maus from escaping on Turn 20, so this is game. And a very risky end it was, too, since that TAC was a single digit away from being a hit to the Gargoyle’s SRM ammo.

We’ll need MVPs of course, as well as a vote for our next AUTRO entry while I start putting together the next political vote. As I mentioned, I will probably do another time skip and I do have a special update planned I call “What I’d do if I could reboot the Battletech franchise,” but I don’t know when I’ll finish that. The political vote comes first.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I was honest to god shaking as I read down that turn report.

Good game, glad everyone was ok with me dragging everything out for a week longer.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think we all own to Der Waffle Mous a GoonStar MvP for beating the odds and running away like a madman to demoralize even further the Draconis Combine.

Africanus
Mar 13, 2007
The Barcid Slayer
AWESOME!!!!!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Go go go go! Run away you beautiful bastard!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Der Waffle Mous for MVP.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

MVP GOONSTAR: Takashi Kurita

MVP Combine: Takashi Kurita.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Dias posted:

I think we all own to Der Waffle Mous a GoonStar MvP for beating the odds and running away like a madman to demoralize even further the Draconis Combine.

gently caress yes.

Kurita MVP: Sararīman that who's getting laid.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
DWM easily wins for Goonstar MVP. The rest of you did a great job, but that escape was epic and deserves recognition.

OpForce MVP is a bit more problematic because they played well but no one really stood out as a favorite. I'll vote for Yorinaga Kurita for living up to his badass reputation in spectacular fashion.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Honestly, I'm not sure I can pick just one MVP for this, because you all did an awesome job playing and playing to fluff. But I guess, I'm gonna have to...

MVP: Keru - for proving that beyond a doubt that sometimes you can't play like a pansy. Sometimes you gotta go into a room and plan on killing every single motherfucker.

Honorary MVP: GoonStar of Goon Keshik, bodyguard of the Ilkhan

OpFor MVP: S8 Panther. You know, the one that got the first personality of the IlKhan to completely lose his poo poo.

Honorary OpFor MVP: That ramen eating Jenner pilot. I hope I get to see him later.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 8, 2012

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Now that was a man truly in tune with his Mech. The MASC system worked the entire way through, and sacrificed itself in the end to see its owner home. Congratulations to the Goonstar for a hard-fought victory. That was a nail-biter all the way through until the end.

Goonstar MVP: Der Waffle Mous

It was a tough call between DWM and our replacement Ilkhan for MVP, but I gotta give it to DWM for accomplishing the mission and not giving up, even in the face of terrible odds.

OpFor MVP: Yorinaga Kurita

Even though he failed in the end, he managed to be a threat for a good portion of the match.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The Remembrance shall sing the glories of these brave few mechwarriors who shamed the entire Inner Sphere! And close as gently caress right to the finish, too!

Goon MVP: Der Waffle Mouse. Hard, since the ilKhan did a great job too, but Der Waffle had us on the edge of our seat for turns and turns and that deserves some recognition.
Kuritan MVP: Robert Korea, but since we can't say that probably S8 for standing right in the line of fire like a true Samurai.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 8, 2012

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

landcollector posted:

Well, a win is a win.

Hell's Horses MVP: Stormcrow B (thatbastardken), for landing the decisive shots on Takashi Kurita's Grand Dragon.

Draconis Combine MVP: Takashi Kurita, for mauling goonstar for Tandem Charge SRMs.
Honorable Mention: Panther S8 (Katana Kat), for roadblocking the Stormcrow B for a couple turns.

I guess I was premature in my MVP choice, but I can't change it now. It I could it would be this:

Hell's Horses MVP: Gargoyle D (Der Waffle Mous), for running the gauntlet and escaping from an enraged and canny force.
Honorable Mention: Stormcrow B (thatbastardken), for landing the decisive shots on Takashi Kurita's Grand Dragon.

Draconis Combine MVP: Takashi Kurita, for mauling goonstar for Tandem Charge SRMs.
Honorable Mention: Panther S8 (Katana Kat), for roadblocking the Stormcrow B for a couple turns. (my DC choices remain unchanged.)

Edit:

PoptartsNinja posted:

You voted before I opened the voting so I simply ignored it (as I do all premature votes).

:sweatdrop: I see.

landcollector fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 8, 2012

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Oh god I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that TAC. Good job Goonstar, I'm going to be hard pressed to pick my MVP choices. Thanks for the game PoptartsNinja.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Goonstar MVP: Star Captain Matsukaze Ravenwater, as played by Der Waffle Mous. All of GoonStar helped get the Main Objective, but only DWM was around for the Bonus Objective. I was seriously ready to see the game get called at that point, but he kept moving, kept dodging, kept shucking and jiving and stumbling and bumbling and the smile of the dice gods shone down upon him. Thanks for keeping the mission going longer'n I think most of us ever gave you credit for and pulling out the win, man, that was seriously sweet.

Goonstar Honorable Mention: ilKhan Siedman (thatbastardken version); tbk's arrival on-scene really changed the dynamic of Goonstar, who suddenly stopped being tentative and started being balls-to-the-wall like good Clanners should be. A fine example of how individual personalities and playstyles can change the whole Battletech experience.

(this is not intended as a slam on SD, no matter how slam-worthy I think his behavior was; dude's just got a different playstyle is all, it happens - also, sorry Keru, 'fraid you got bumped. You're still awesome though, and you made a badass fireball)

DCMS MVP: Taku and his Jenner, both for having awesome fluff (ramen noodles cooking on the heat sinks I love it) and for sowing such confusion in the thread that PTN had to give him fluff just so we'd all stop freaking out and saying that maybe that's secretly Takashi doing some extraordinarily un-Takashi things. Not to mention, this is the guy who cockblocked the ilKhan so beautifully it made the poor fucker slip and use contractions. An absolutely devastating maneuver that ruined SD's carefully-planned tactical advance without needing to fire a single shot.

DCMS Honorable Mention: Korean Robert, Rosinski Ami, and the Brave Little Office Chair. I don't care that they had no impact on the battle itself, they are awesome. I will not hear any argument about this. :colbert:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

landcollector posted:

I guess I was premature in my MVP choice, but I can't change it now.

You voted before I opened the voting so I simply ignored it (as I do all premature votes).

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

PoptartsNinja posted:

Too little, House Kurita. Too little, and too late.
gently caress yeah!

Goonstar MVP: DWM

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

PoptartsNinja posted:

BTW, thanks for running a great scenario PTN. I was actually preoccupied with wondering if DWM would make it out since last night.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Update:

Goonstar honorable mention: MASC

Kurita Honorable Mention: TANDEM-CHARGE SRM.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Salaryman and Office Lady are MVP of my heart.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Salaryman and Office Lady are MVP of my heart.

Don't forget the Brave Little Office Chair!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:woop::woop: Is all I have to say. I couldn't possibly vote on an MVP, there were so many amazing players.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
DWM got so many 50/50s right these last few turns he could've double perfected the entire House of Kurita in one-on-one matches.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

MVP GOONSTAR: Takashi Kurita

MVP Opfor: Yorinaga Kurita

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Der Waffle Mouse for Goon MVP (with Keru a close second)

Katana Kat for DC MVP (Takeshi gets an honourable mention)

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
God *drat*. That absolutely came down to the wire there! Can't believe it, but Goonstar not only pulled the main objective off, but the secondary too. Amazing work!

As for votes...hmm...this'll be complicated.

Goonstar MVP: Der Waffle Mous, as Star Captain Matsukaze Ravenwater. He came through the clutch when we all thought this was over and done with, and brought home a perfect victory in glorious fashion.

Honorary MVP: Thatbastardken, as ilKhan Lair Siedman. It would have been enough for him to have helped pull Goonstar together and fulfill the primary objective, but then he had to go out and pump some amazing, amazing lore. It's a pity I only have but one MVP vote to give, because both players did an excellent job. Really, everybody in Goonstar did, but DWM and TBK stand out amongst a sea of winners.

Draconis Combine MVP: Mechwarrior Taku. Scared the thread to death, screwed with Goonstar's plans, and had a great fluff update.

Honorary MVPs: Robert Korean and Ami Rosinski. Just for making us care about the poor, forgotten civilians of Battletech.

Incidentally, if it's not too late to sign up, please add me to the Mechwarrior list! It'll be a while before I get my turn but I'd love to have a chance to play. My email is curtainshost1 at gmail dot com.

PS: Also, maybe it was just a coincidence, but as I scrolled down the update, this tune began to play. It added a real flair to the scene, I gotta say. So much tension as I read the update lines!

Transient People fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 9, 2012

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
GoonStar MvP: The entire team. Seriously, you all did a great job.

DCMS MvP: Yorinaga. He and his unit trapped the heaviest hitter the GoonStar had. Keru gave as good as he got, but that was a great move.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Goonstar MVP: Der Waffle Mous, because god drat
Goonstar Honorable Mention: thatbastardken, for being such a good sport, taking over halfway through the scenario, and bringing us back from the edge of despair with awesome humor and participation. Though if I could I'd put everybody else here, too. You guys were all awesome (except for SD)

OpFor MVP: Tandem-Charge Missiles S8, for cornering the ilKhan in a cul-de-sac and surviving for a ludicrous amount of time.

OpFor Honorable Mention: S3, for cockblocking the ilKhan so hilariously.

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 9, 2012

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Goonstar: Kingfisher, that one knew how to die with style.
DCMS: Takashi Kurita. Ditto.

Pinguliten
Jan 8, 2007
Goon star MVP: TWM for beating those long odds. So much successful MASCing.
Goon star runner up: It's hard to choose between Keru and TBK but I think I'll go with TBK.

Kurita MVP: Panther S8 was awesome and held up a clan mech almost twice as heavy for far too many turns.
Kurita runner up: I think I'll go with Yorinaga here, he did some impressive mauling to be honest.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Hob_Gadling posted:

Goonstar: Kingfisher, that one knew how to die with style.
DCMS: Takashi Kurita. Ditto.

Takashi is not dead, only legged.

Kingfisher is gone (unless ptn allows skin of the teeth ejections)

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Are we still doing Equipment MVP's that were around a handful of missions ago?

Because Tandem Charge missiles totally deserve it, as do Jumpjets. Or MASC. Without either of them, I don't think Der Waffle Mous would have made it.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

TheParadigm posted:

Are we still doing Equipment MVP's that were around a handful of missions ago?

Because Tandem Charge missiles totally deserve it, as do Jumpjets. Or MASC. Without either of them, I don't think Der Waffle Mous would have made it.

MASC is definitely the clan MVP if equipment needs voting. So many chance of failure, and not once did it fail its pilot. And the Tandem Charges are obviously good picks for the Draconis Combine, they got like two seconds airtime and that was enough to make an impression.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Damnit! We'll get you next time clanners.

Tough match and DWM played well to get out of there without getting fragged, but I was rooting for him to get exploded.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Goonstar MVP: Der Waffle Maus, for beating those long odds and securing total victory.

Goonstar Runner Up: Keru, for clearing out that roadblock with the force of an exploding sun. And then exploding into a temporary sun.

Kurita MVP: Yorinaga Kurita, for being one slice of bread in a deadly Clan sandwich. The threat that we had to ignore, but couldn't survive.

Kurita Runner Up: O1, Hideyoshi, for throwing an Atlas-sized wrench in our plans by being able to run and shield the Coordinator at the same time. He didn't save Takashi, but he did mean that it took an extra turn to kill him, and without that more of us would have gotten away.

Honorable mention to Korean Robert and Ami Rosinski. There's a role for you somewhere in the Laborer caste, I'm sure.

Further honorable mention to Brave Little Office Chair, you shall have a place in the Remembrance.

Dishonorable mention to the Luthien town planning committee, for allowing the construction of buildings with demolition charges built into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Clan MVP: DWM for rolling the dice and beating the odds consistently.
Honorable Mention: Everyone else gets ice cream too. :3:

I would hope everyone who signed up for mech piloting and still follows the thread takes this time to reconfirm your availability with PTN. The less time he has to wait for that the more robot destruction we can have.

• Locked thread