Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I signed up for a street photography meet-up yesterday and I'm really looking forward to learning new stuff.

This morning I was up at 4:45 and went for a run. Only a mile but I'm working my way back up to where I was and it's a step in the right direction.

Now I'm awake, ready for work early and HUNGRY. Must get breakfast from the diner near my job. Mmmm, omelet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Yesterday was great. I crashed my motorcycle on Sunday (which was less great), and took Monday off from work. I ended up getting a ton of stuff accomplished that I've been putting off. Did my taxes, got all of the rebates for my new computer mailed out, took the old iMac in and set up a repair (for much less than I was expecting, too), fixed the burned out tail lights on the car, wrapped up a small side-job (and got cookies from the lady!), picked up the wireless keyboard I've been wanting, and cleaned off my desk.

I mean, I'd rather not have to wreck my bike to be so productive, but I'll take it.

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

Because I'm not going to wait around anymore or be delusional about certain things.
Also getting lunch which is awesome when you only get two meals a day :allears:
And I'm rehearsing an original scene with my best friend.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Even more awesome stuff! The shelter I volunteer at sent out its report for January -- 130 animals were re-homed. That includes my favorite kitty and a dozen or so cats that were 10+ years old. It's hard at times dealing with people who suck and seeing animals mistreated but when they get their second chance... it feels awesome.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I really wanted a cookie and somebody happened to leave biscottis in the breakroom. That never happens! :)

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
57 job applications later, I finally have a job interview!

And it's in the next town over so I don't even have to move very far.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

57 job applications later, I finally have a job interview!

And it's in the next town over so I don't even have to move very far.

This exactly, but I'm not moving. The number may be higher, too. Pulling in 14$ an hour, 40 hours a week (with 10 hours of overtime per week) is a pretty cushy deal considering I'm a highschool dropout. I'm very excited, maybe I'll be able to pay for my medication now?!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Today it was free pizza in the breakroom when I went in for an afternoon snack. Our HR manager literally insisted I take some.

I have entered The Twilight Zone.

u: made checklists for what I wanted to get done tonight and executed to a T. Personal character-building is back on the upswing!

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 07:49 on Feb 9, 2012

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
The baroque operetta I'm in is almost ready. Today we rehearsed with a baroque ensemble, including a harpsicord.

Harpsicord!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Got a new follower on Twitter, a new ringtone, and a newfound sense of self confidence. None of them are related, but they're all pretty awesome.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Oh what the hell. We have a new manager who started on Monday and her husband brought in Chinese food for her birthday. I usually ignore these things and eat outside of lunchtime because they become big public events and bring out the greedy in people, and because nobody usually notices I'm gone. She's different, though - she practically insisted I come with her and get my share. On her birthday. That was pretty amazing. :3:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Cleaned and organized my desk, which seriously needed it.
Worked out a pretty good deal for a client with the prosecutor.
And my HD cable box is here.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Feb 7 2012
- That day was awesome because I found the best scarf.

Feb 8 2012
- That day was awesome because I beat my record so far in how long I can pay attention in my math class before I drift off.

Feb 9 2012
- The day is still very young, but today is awesome because I finally shat out that little speech and got it out of the way. I hate writing speeches, especially short ones.
- Also, I finally understand u-substitution again, and caught up considerably on some of my schoolwork, yay!

cranky pomme
Dec 30, 2008

Ahh! Here he comes!
Oh I get to brew mead for a class? Uhhhh hell yes this is a good day!

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

cranky pomme posted:

Oh I get to brew mead for a class? Uhhhh hell yes this is a good day!

oh hell loving yes.

You are so lucky.

Danny Bro Pty Ltd
Sep 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
After a deload on my squats, I beat my old PB! 130kg squat for the next session!

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

I had two tests back to back this week, but today I felt like I did really well on the first test. And when I sat down to study for the test I was really scared about, all the stuff seemed really familiar and easy so I feel really good about the test tomorrow.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Today is awesome because I got my diploma in the mail and completed all my school obligations.

I have a bachelors degree in Computer Science. :3:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
-I just got home from kicking a midterms rear end.
-Tomorrow the only people who will be at work are myself and one of my best friends.
-After 5 weeks of presenting at staff meetings, which is as close to hell as you can get without dying, I FINALLY don't have to go again next week.
-I have tickets for a Beer and Chocolate Festival this weekend.
-I got paid today.
-I got some lab results back and I think I'm healthy enough to cut out another medication. Two down, only two left!

:dance: So far, not too many complaints!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I ate a Macho Combo Burrito from Del Taco and drank an Arrogant Bastard Ale.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
This is actually from like the day before yesterday, but I finally got an update on why the company that services my cochlear implant won't loving fix it! :dance: Sure, it's a setback still, but at least now I know why they won't do it instead of them avoiding my calls to set up an appointment to get the programming remapped. (For the curious, apparently as soon as I turned 18 I reached some magical age where they suddenly had no more obligation to fix my poo poo and dropped me like a hot potato. Due to several years of good luck on my part with my poo poo not breaking, I did not find this out until just recently. I'm 21.)

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

This is actually from like the day before yesterday, but I finally got an update on why the company that services my cochlear implant won't loving fix it! :dance: Sure, it's a setback still, but at least now I know why they won't do it instead of them avoiding my calls to set up an appointment to get the programming remapped. (For the curious, apparently as soon as I turned 18 I reached some magical age where they suddenly had no more obligation to fix my poo poo and dropped me like a hot potato. Due to several years of good luck on my part with my poo poo not breaking, I did not find this out until just recently. I'm 21.)
Okay, I think that's ridiculous.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I was able to borrow some cash since the check I usually get hasn't come in yet. I used it for ensuring my friend is able to have a Valentine's Day dinner with his boyfriend, and the rest is going to donations and gifts.

Then I will be paying back my friend who let me borrow cash with both the cash and a steak dinner.

I love seeing people happy. :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Lady of the Beech posted:

Okay, I think that's ridiculous.

It is, but what can ya do? I'm just happy to know why, It was loving maddening not knowing what the hell was going on while they were giving me the runaround. Apparently, now I have to go direct to the audiologist who implanted the internal part of the cochlear implant in my head way back when I was 6 if I want to get it remapped. So yeah, the people who fixed my ability to hear from the age of 6 up until the modern day told me to gently caress off when my stuff broke :v:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It is, but what can ya do? I'm just happy to know why, It was loving maddening not knowing what the hell was going on while they were giving me the runaround. Apparently, now I have to go direct to the audiologist who implanted the internal part of the cochlear implant in my head way back when I was 6 if I want to get it remapped.
I wish you good luck in that endeavor. :)

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Out of bed at 5am, ran a mile and a quarter, took a shower and even made my lunch with enough time left over to get a egg, bacon and cheese bagel with my coffee.

Today awesome because my IT band didn't twinge at all. And I ran the last quarter mile completely uphill (not up a slight grade, up a drat hill.) It sucked, of course, but I did it and next time it'll suck less. Eventually it won't suck at all. And that I can think of all of this in such a positive way really makes my day.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I made reservations to go fishing for peacock bass in the Panama Canal on my 30th birthday, then a weekend of gambling and a suite in this hotel.

I got the suite for 254$ :woop:

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

Esmerelda posted:

It sucked, of course, but I did it and next time it'll suck less. Eventually it won't suck at all. And that I can think of all of this in such a positive way really makes my day.

When it gets easy, that means it's time to do it harder! :black101:

Got a sweet cookbook, and got paid today.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Got paid yesterday, job not pissing me off as much today (actually ate breakfast, maybe that's why), set up a phone interview with one place with prospects for another, traded Simpsons quotes with my sister, and set up beer and/or board games with some good friends in addition to getting my teeth cleaned and my car fixed this weekend. Woo!

u(isn't there always): my reports haven't been as clean as my colleagues' because I actually do the job thoroughly and completely instead of quickly with plenty of time to socialize. So jealousy and being different has provoked some talk behind my back and reporting to the bosses over my and my direct supervisor's heads about nitpicky bullshit, bullshit that really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things but is still reason enough to get a not-so-friendly "reminder" email from the big bosses. My direct supe congratulated me on my better-than-usual weekly updates today (been more productive this week for some reason) and added some comment that was, in essence, "gently caress the haters." :3:

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 07:49 on Feb 11, 2012

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
On Tuesday the wonderful neighbor that I've been crushing on for months told me he wants to date!! Received my state tax return the other day, so of course I went on Etsy and bought about 5 yards of fabric from Japan. Tonight I'm going to dinner with a former coworker at a delicious restaurant! After that I get to go home and play with my OTHER new fabric I bought from a local shop, and sew on my quilt and smoke and have a grand ol time all weekend long! AHHHH :dance:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Was an hour late for work. No name tag, beard guard or safety glove while cutting...Got a 5$ giftcard from my store director for being "my man who always helps out and is always dependable for good work and a team player!" Yesssssssssssssss!

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Feb 10 2012
- Yesterday was awesome because I found some figure drawing classes in my region, though I won't be able to take them until my semester is over.
- I also started a thread about beards. :D

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
Finally finished Half Life 1

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
After slogging through dropping off my trashed motorcycle at the shop for a teardown/insurance inspection and dealing with positively retarded rental car agency employees, I finally got into my reserved car. Brand new, 48 miles on the clock Altima! I was so happy not to get some beater rental, I was smiling the whole way home.

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I finally got around to deleting my Facebook, that's gonna save a life or two in the long run.

Also, the snow that we're supposed to get either isn't happening or isn't coming down as hard. I hate snow.

I've got the whole day to myself, and I'm going to do absolutely nothing. That could be fun.

Not conventionally awesome stuff, but I'm not complaining.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Just found out WebOS is going totally Open Source in September. Definitely gonna turn my Pixi into a PDA, since I'll have a new phone by then. Not as good as it surviving as an OS actually used on new phones, but hey, I'll take whatever I can get after HP hosed it up hardcore.

daishan14
Mar 6, 2004
Instead of staying at home all day and doing yard work I got called in to work at 4am this morning to sit around and get fatter eating pizza and playing iPhone games for twelve hours. Sweet!

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
The sun is shining, the snow is on the ground, and the Traditional Games Goonforum has opened up a whole new world to me over the past 2 days just from browsing threads. :D

If you can read this, MJP, I'm so buying you a drink for buying me my Goon account, whether you like it or not. :cool:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Feb 11 2012
- That day was awesome because I finally got to hang out with my friends again in a while.

Feb 12 2012
- Yesterday was awesome because my grandmother got the rest she needed.

Feb 13 2012
- Today was awesome because I just finished watching the second series of Ojamajo Doremi. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yesterday, but my girlfriend helped me clean up my apartment and now it looks/smells great. My parents are going to be pretty proud when they visit in a week or two :3: