Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

I just usually shatter-fry the primary buffer panel and re-calibrate the warp flux injectors to accept a 3.5% variance in the field frequency.

(seriously I have no clue what you just said)

Well, the large square grey baseplate is the agreed-upon area for building a Moonbase module. This way it's easy to put them in rows and columns: large mooncities.

And the universal specification for linking modules is simple and easy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gipmetro/5307838633/in/pool-64837562@N00/

Seriously, google image search this stuff, it's wonderful.

(The ISO LL 928 is a Classic Space joke. I loved those printed bricks.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

This bad boy, right here.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I definitely need to make me one o' these.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

ineptmule posted:

Could you possibly recommend a couple of modified rulesets? I just got Fortaan to take with me to play with my nephews and had a quick go to see how it worked, and it's got promise for sure. However, I'd like to emphasise the RPG elements and make it a bit harder.

I wanted to get one or two of the other boxes but I wandered around town for an hour and this was all I could find. I have the Nathuz set ordered but don't know if it will arrive in time.

Try playing by the Dungeon Master rules (I forget what LEGO calls it) that are given in the manual. Have them team up and try and defeat you. If that's too easy, give the monsters more health. Set them a limit of lives and go for it.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
To this day, I still try to integrate a moonbase standard airlock into my bigger ships if I can. Not sure why, probably habit or nostalgia.

Dorsal Penis
Apr 8, 2010
This guys tumblr is alright http://www.mattsbrickgallery.com/ but the highlight is most certainly this:

Princess Bubblegum and the Ice King from Adventure Time

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Had a pretty good score on kijiji last night.
I picked up this MTT for $60 (used of course)came with all the droids and everything
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4498774-Trade-Federation-MTT/dp/B000NOBA02

This Y Wing for $20
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Y-Wing-Fighter/dp/B000KBCCSM/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1328715486&sr=1-1

And the guy had part of the huge sail barge left, the sarlac pit and skiff, it came with a Gamorrean gaurd, luke, han, and lando for $10

My girlfriend picked up the old turbo tank for $50 it was missing the speeder and mace windu but other than that not too bad for $50
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Clone-Turbo/dp/B000GL1FNE/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1328715707&sr=1-2-spell

The only downside is that I have no where to put them, but I physically could not pass up that MTT for $60, we sold one a couple months ago on ebay from a previous kijiji venture and it pained us both greatly to see it go.

Ira Glass Jaw fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Feb 8, 2012

[ts]xenophobe
Apr 21, 2004

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Big news here in the ast 2 days. Not only is Milwaukee getting a LEGO store, we're getting a kidsfest too. :swoon:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

"[ts posted:

xenophobe"]
...we're getting a kidsfest too. :swoon:

MY WIFE just told me about this. We'll be there with the kids.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The walmart near me (Wareham, MA) has series 6 figs for 3bucks...YMMV though.

[ts]xenophobe
Apr 21, 2004

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

Sexual Lorax posted:

MY WIFE just told me about this. We'll be there with the kids.

Thinking about taking my goddaughter. Might PM you if her folks ok it the idea.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Just in case others haven't seen it yet, Amazon has the Medieval Market Village on sale for $89 + free shipping. Not a big discount, but it brings the piece to price ratio down to almost 5 cents.

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
I started reading this thread just a few days ago, and read all the way to the end.

Since then I've made it a rule that every-time I go to Target for diapers, formula or whatever, I have to leave with something Lego.

So now I've got a few small sets. But what I really want is cool space stuff. Are they not making any space sets right now? I've had to come to grips that the space pimp is long gone. What are my choices for laser guns and starships? The UFO stuff isn't really doing it for me.

Also, does something like a "lego" table exist? I've been thinking of building something that my son could eventually use, but I could also build with him.

I was thinking of a large square table, but with a square hold cut out of the middle of it, so you can go under it and be in the center of everything.

Then covering the top of the table with velcro, and getting plates and putting velcro on them. That way things can be rearranged, or if the theme needs to shift from Space to Castle, it's just pull up the plates and put new ones down. Anyone done anything like this?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

hippieman posted:

I started reading this thread just a few days ago, and read all the way to the end.

Since then I've made it a rule that every-time I go to Target for diapers, formula or whatever, I have to leave with something Lego.

So now I've got a few small sets. But what I really want is cool space stuff. Are they not making any space sets right now? I've had to come to grips that the space pimp is long gone. What are my choices for laser guns and starships? The UFO stuff isn't really doing it for me.

Also, does something like a "lego" table exist? I've been thinking of building something that my son could eventually use, but I could also build with him.

I was thinking of a large square table, but with a square hold cut out of the middle of it, so you can go under it and be in the center of everything.

Then covering the top of the table with velcro, and getting plates and putting velcro on them. That way things can be rearranged, or if the theme needs to shift from Space to Castle, it's just pull up the plates and put new ones down. Anyone done anything like this?

UFO is the current space theme, Star Wars excluded.

Lego Tables exist, they're usually 4 standard plates (2 square) or less apparently.

You're better off building your own. I'm sure if you peep instructables you could find a thousand builds.

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!

hippieman posted:

Space Pimp is here, assuming you live in the US:
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Police-Lunar-Limo/dp/B003F7WKUI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328756391&sr=8-1
You won't find it cheaper than this. I own this set, it's absolutely huge and amazing, and it has a GLOW IN THE DARK SPACE PIMP.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Pseudo-God posted:

Space Pimp is here, assuming you live in the US:
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-Police-Lunar-Limo/dp/B003F7WKUI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328756391&sr=8-1
You won't find it cheaper than this. I own this set, it's absolutely huge and amazing, and it has a GLOW IN THE DARK SPACE PIMP.

I'm so tempted to grab this (in NZ, so not from Amazon) except almost all my other sets are City and I don't really like a lot of the space stuff in general so it'd be all alone.

Although... it could fight off the tripod on my desk at work - the Toy Story guys aren't really cutting it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Dead Alice posted:

I'm so tempted to grab this (in NZ, so not from Amazon) except almost all my other sets are City and I don't really like a lot of the space stuff in general so it'd be all alone.

Although... it could fight off the tripod on my desk at work - the Toy Story guys aren't really cutting it.

Alright, I'm gonna break it down for you.

It is a 14-inch long, black and purple SPACE PIMPMOBILE WITH A GLOW IN THE DARK PIMP

THAT SHOOTS MISSILES.

No one in the history of ever has been disappointed by the space pimp.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

My wife got me the UCS Imperial Shuttle and the Space Pimp Limo for my birthday this year.

I like the Space Pimp Limo more.

That should say everything you need to know :colbert:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
That "engine" appears to have a supercharger.

On a spaceship. In space. With a SPACE PIMP.

gently caress, I want this. Where can I get this in Canada?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Also the Space Pimp's seat in the limo is a flying minigun.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVzKsUHIv5E&feature=related

I was on the fence until I saw that. Lego Space Pimp == Purchased.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Good, good...

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I haven't bought Lego in years and I got that Space Pimp set because of this thread. It's loving amazing. You can stow a cop in the trunk and it has a license plate that says "BRICK MAMBA" on it. I mean, come on.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The car also has this rubber bullet gun in front. I presume this shouldnt be loaded on display or it'll eventually squash the spring inside flat and useless?

Also I know a lot of new releases just hit the shelves, I looked through them. New Ninjago, Star Wars, Super Heroes, but the thing that's charming me the most of the current releases?

This. I dont even know why. :allears:

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

SynthOrange posted:

The car also has this rubber bullet gun in front. I presume this shouldnt be loaded on display or it'll eventually squash the spring inside flat and useless?

Also I know a lot of new releases just hit the shelves, I looked through them. New Ninjago, Star Wars, Super Heroes, but the thing that's charming me the most of the current releases?

The whole series of City trucks they have are awesome - I have the wee dump truck and if I hadn't just ordered the pimpmobile I'd be getting the recycling one this weekend.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So I'm looking to get back into LEGO and, while I have all of my old pieces and sets, I want to get sets and pieces that would make a very nice adult-level city section.

Where should I start?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

SynthOrange posted:

I used this to hit a free shipping threshold on the Lego shop, and it was well worth it. Cool set.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
A green garbage bin for compost? Just like my city.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Does the bin lifter only take the bin to horizontal? It should rotate to like 120 degrees instead of 90, or else how will all the rubbish fall out?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I *love* the evil little faces Stormtroopers now have. :love:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

haha I've never owned all that many SW sets. What did the heads used to look like?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Depends. Some had pure tan heads and others had pure black heads. I hadn't realized they had faces now, though.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
The rest of mine (and my TIE pilots) have pure black heads. No graphics at all. You can tell the difference on the chest piece too, the older one is on the right with the faded-gray armor detail.

Canis Ex Machina
Jun 13, 2007
Dog Machine

Sockser posted:

No one in the history of ever has been disappointed by the space pimp.

Eh, I thought he was missing a little something.

So I made him a pimp cane.

It's held together by his hand though, so he can't put it down without breaking it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

SynthOrange posted:

Oh hey, that's a female minifig garbage collector too. Awesome.

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!

Canis Ex Machina posted:

It's held together by his hand though, so he can't put it down without breaking it.
You could use the lightsaber handles, get rid of the laser and make a proper pimpcane.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

So I'm looking to get back into LEGO and, while I have all of my old pieces and sets, I want to get sets and pieces that would make a very nice adult-level city section.

Where should I start?

Wondering this as well. I bought the White House when it was on sale 2 weeks back and really had a good time putting it together. I'd love to find some buildings to keep around it. the rest of the rest of the architecture collection didn't really do it for me.

also bought that space pimp because of this thread.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

SynthOrange posted:

This was the first thing I got from the current City line and I love it. I don't even think I've taken it apart yet (usually sets only stay together for a month or two before they end up in my brick collection).

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

GidgetNomates posted:

This was the first thing I got from the current City line and I love it. I don't even think I've taken it apart yet (usually sets only stay together for a month or two before they end up in my brick collection).

I got the orange end-dump truck and it's become the collecting place for all my spare studs/wedges/etc that I get in sets. I should probably sort that li'l bugger pretty soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Canis Ex Machina posted:

If you have one, those chrome spears make pretty good canes for him too: