Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Dolash posted:

Derse

Gone with the scratched session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Jade didn't take Prospit, either. She grabbed the kids' planets and the battlefield that Prospit used to orbit.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Well yeah, but Prospit was blown up and everyone was dead. Derse was fine, she could've taken it the same time she took the rest of the Incipisphere.

I'm betting she just never thought about it and nobody's going to remember to ask her, since it'd just be a pointless distraction (also probably why it was left behind), but if someone were to ask Jade it'd probably be that she forgot and inadvertently killed all those Dersites.

If I could ask Hussie about it, I probably would just to hear his answer, but I guess it'd probably be "I didn't need Derse for anything and nobody would notice (not even Jade) if she left it behind, so why take it? So long as no one in the comic questions it and it doesn't bother the audience it doesn't matter."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Derse: The Implied Genocide

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think the presumption is that once the battle starts, all / the majority of the Prospit / Derse NPCs move to the battlefield to duke it out. Perhaps Derse was empty.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bobulus posted:

I think the presumption is that once the battle starts, all / the majority of the Prospit / Derse NPCs move to the battlefield to duke it out. Perhaps Derse was empty.

When Jack blows up the kid's Prospit, the flash shows quite a few dead Prospitians laying around streets while Red Miles tears Prospit apart.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Great, now that you guys have brought it up Derse has been bothering me. I just assumed Jade took it along with all the other surviving planets, but I guess I was wrong.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Dolash posted:

I know we're kind of in the middle of something what with all these logs, but a thought occured.

Did we discuss what happened to Derse when Jade pocketed their Incipisphere? It was still totally there, and she took all the other planets, but she left Derse. There were still lots of Dersites on there (in that it hadn't been depopulated by any event) and they're apparently okay with Dersites since Jade pulled a few up to hang out with them on the ship and it wasn't a big deal, so why didn't she take Derse with them?

Did she just sort of forget? Because it kind of seems like she inadvertedly killed everyone on the planet by leaving it behind. Seems kind of cold if she didn't care. Did Hussie perhaps not care, since that Derse was now narratively irrelevant? I'd kind of feel bad if this is never touched on, I know she may not have liked Derse much but with the Royals dead it seems pretty terrible to wipe them out, even out of negligence.

I was actually thinking this exact same thing. The kids are regarded as heroes of sorts, even on Derse. The surviving Dersites are going to hate Jade. And really her only reason is she forgot :(

I mean we'll have a new Derse and Prospit so everything is okay right? Who needs that other one.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Mind you, would Jade have remembered to take the other planets if she hadn't struck a deal with Echidna over them?

e: for that matter, given how few tears have been shed in the comic for almost all of humanity/trollkind/etc dying out, I doubt we'll see much sympathy for Derse.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Feb 9, 2012

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

Starmaker posted:

I was actually thinking this exact same thing. The kids are regarded as heroes of sorts, even on Derse. The surviving Dersites are going to hate Jade. And really her only reason is she forgot :(

I mean we'll have a new Derse and Prospit so everything is okay right? Who needs that other one.

Only the Derse dreamers are regarded as heroes on Derse, see: the tabloids gloating over Jane's dream-death. So from the perspective of always-awake-on-Prospit Jade, I wouldn't be surprised if the reasoning was: gently caress 'em.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Update.

Is that.. half of a cancer symbol? Also have we seen those horns before?

ALSO HOLY poo poo THE PICTURE oh godddd.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So.

UU's the personification of the homestuck fandom.

This absolutely cannot go badly.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
So, I guess we just learned that Eridan was actually very good at his job. Destroyer of Hope, huh.

JamJars
Aug 2, 2004

you cannot beat me

King of Solomon posted:

So, I guess we just learned that Eridan was actually very good at his job. Destroyer of Hope, huh.

Tiny details like this make me appreciate this comic more and more. Also Nepeta was clearly an alpha version of UU with only a mere shipping wall.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

... Oh yeah. UU could potentially be the personification of the fandom in that it might be a Fantroll and whatnot.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
This update is feeding my suspicion that UU is reserve Karkat. He/she has The Sufferer's symbols on his/her sleeves, and his/her horns are the direct opposite of Karkat's (extremely long instead of stubby). She also seems to be a a bit more open about romance, while Karkat pretty much kept that info to himself unless someone like Eridan needed help.

Jewel posted:

... Oh yeah. UU could potentially be the personification of the fandom in that it might be a Fantroll and whatnot.

Good point. It's horns look a lot like a fantroll's, and what little we've seen of it's outfit seems pretty similar to one's as well (it's so out of place compared to the rest of the troll's).

EDIT: Holy hell Tumblr is already going nuts over UU being the Homestuck fandom.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Feb 9, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

UU being a Homestuck fan is... well, all the signs were there, weren't they? We joked about it, but then it was true.

Interesting that an additional troll was mentioned.

Really digging god tier Cal, even though by rights I should be terrified.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

UU being a Homestuck fan is... well, all the signs were there, weren't they? We joked about it, but then it was true.

Interesting that an additional troll was mentioned.

Really digging god tier Cal, even though by rights I should be terrified.

God tier Lil' Cal already exists. He's called Lord English. :unsmigghh:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Jewel posted:

In retrospect this was obvious.

I mean Hussie did say all the fantrolls were canon. It was only a matter of time before the gestalt entity of every single fantroll turned up.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

So, UU is Calmasis, then? Should have guessed that - androgynous/Uranian etc. etc.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

UU's sleeves are the same color as Calmasis'. Can't imagine that indicating anything good.

Edit: I mean apart from the fact that it was already pretty obvious what it means.

Rather than a "Destroyer of Souls," it's more likely that Dirk is a simple heartbreaker.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Feb 9, 2012

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This might be too meta for me.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
She is The Fantrolls. All of them.

Jewel posted:

Also have we seen those horns before?

If you trawl tumblr a lot, probably!

It's kind of bugging me that even though this conversation is blatantly ragging on fantrolls and people who roleplay them on the internet (and by extension makes it much more obvious that every other character in this story is designed more to poke fun at various stereotypes than to approve them), only a very few people are likely to take the opportunity to analyse their own behaviour and maybe stop doing such incredibly embarrassing things. Or even continue doing them in a much more self-aware manner designed solely to irritate uptight squares in more 'normal' communities. I'd be moderately okay with that.

But that would never happen. :smith:

e/ Although really, impersonating awful stereotypes merely to get a rise out of regular people ('trolling', if you will) is still pretty terrible considering it's the go-to excuse for legitimately awful people trying to backpedal their way out of being outed as a paedophilic scatological furry or what have you.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 9, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess UU's "brother" has the other half of the cancer symbol.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Doesn't it sound like UU has a troublesome brother who is probably calmasis?

Other things I liked: UU thinks all god tiers have insect wings. UU's horns are related to her symbol.

And a hundred thousand screams of loss echoed through the fandom as princesses and pageinas were ruled non-canon.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I just love the filename of this image as well as the coloured noses thing, which I'm pretty sure pisses people off.

Oh Hussie. :allears:

Acidophilus
Aug 27, 2009

What's all this then?
So, apparently enough is known about the coming session that it's players can be idealized by at least one silly horned troll, who writes embarrassing fanfiction about the legendary figures. I guess this game session is held in high esteem. That's the opposite of how Karkat went about it, hating everyone in the beta session for dooming his own. I like all the contrasts between Karkat and UU.

If UU is truly a preReset troll things are going to get pretty tragic later on.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

Someone needs to make that picture a god drat avatar, it is beautiful.

And people started guessing UU was the Homestuck fan, but I can't believe how blatantly true it became. I... I don't know what to think about this.

Like on the one hand she seems nice and hopeful and I'd like her to be a good guy (plus I really can't imagine her being intentionally antagonistic), but on the other hand turning her even unintentionally malicious would be a wonderful jab at the fandom.

But she seems weird and terrible enough now to be a good guy in this weird, weird comic, but still... the opportunity for a meta insult is too good to pass up.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Well, I didn't think I was actually going to be right one day throwing out silly theories, but I was right. We are the UU.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Well, after so many characters that are parodies of various fandoms, it was the next logical step for Hussie to send up his own fans. Still, this is a lovely piece of metafiction. I want to see the B1 Kids' reaction to her even more now.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I like how she explained Gamzee's role as Bard of Rage, basically as a guy who will just flip the gently caress out for no apparent reason and either gently caress poo poo up (trollpocolypse '11 never forget etc.) or bring victory (the black king boss fight before they (nearly) won their game).

At least that's how I got it.

I just thought it was interesting.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Fagtastic posted:

Doesn't it sound like UU has a troublesome brother who is probably calmasis?

Other things I liked: UU thinks all god tiers have insect wings. UU's horns are related to her symbol.

And a hundred thousand screams of loss echoed through the fandom as princesses and pageinas were ruled non-canon.

For me, it seems like one possibility could be that UU and her brother together could represent Calmasis - UU only has half the Sufferer's symbol, and together, that'd be like a combination of female and male into androgyny.

okay ignore me i am farting words out my rear end

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

TT posted:

I mean, I guess it doesn't make sense for an alien to be British.

Also did I read that log right, in that UU's server player is his own ancestor?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

graybook posted:

For me, it seems like one possibility could be that UU and her brother together could represent Calmasis - UU only has half the Sufferer's symbol, and together, that'd be like a combination of female and male into androgyny.

okay ignore me i am farting words out my rear end

The fact that she's wearing one half of the Sufferer's symbol is interesting. That implies to me that she's either a post-scratch (fan)troll, or a pre-scratch (fan)troll and in the pre-scratch troll universe Karkat did something major.

Maybe pre-scratch trolls were incredibly passive and weak and let other aliens push them around and Karkat told them NO gently caress THAT LET'S KICK THEIR ASSES. And in death his anger was quelled and he uttered the Vast Shoosh.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There is no way now that UU isn't the B2 version of Karkat, and I for one cannot wait for them to meet.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I'm afraid of the idea that UU is not Calmasis, but rather a Calmasis cosplayer. I kept thinking, "man, I'm gonna be so disappointed if UU turns out to have horns and black hair," and oh drat it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cryophage posted:

David Tennant is Scottish.
:goonsay:

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

SirSamVimes posted:

David Tennant is Scottish.
:goonsay:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Fagtastic posted:

"If you're an alien, how come you sound like you're from the North?"
"Lots of planets have a North!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

MrBims posted:

I'm afraid of the idea that UU is not Calmasis, but rather a Calmasis cosplayer. I kept thinking, "man, I'm gonna be so disappointed if UU turns out to have horns and black hair," and oh drat it.

I'm betting those horns are fake.

UU will be a carapace on earth, and they all know about the humans and trolls and their grand adventures. She's wearing troll horns because she is the fan troll. She is every fan troll.