Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Mike_V posted:

Teddy's comp is really good. It's mostly older tracks (especially the Ghetts ones), but there's still some nice remixes and newer tracks. While he's annoying on Twitter, Teddy is a really good producer.

It should get points off though for having the least inspiring album title I've heard in a long time.

e: Wariko has a new song/video out now too. Promo for his forthcoming album that'll probably be on iTunes or whatever on the 20th.

28 Gun Bad Boy fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guerilla
Mar 6, 2005

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I.
I know it's a little late, but for the poster who was looking for break-oriented tracks, check out Machinedrum's "Fantastix": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0YEziQ1esE--it's a banger.

Also, who's gotten around to the new Jacques Greene EP? The track "Arrow" with Koreless is quite nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8iar7jt_jE

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

If 2011 was Blawan's year then I think 2012 is gonna be Mickey Pearce's. So loving stoked for this release tomorrow, I hope my new debit card gets here before they sell out:

Don't Ask, Don't Get
http://youtu.be/LaMco8YPYGQ

I Am
http://youtu.be/-CIVMidZ3E0

Symptomless Coma
Mar 30, 2007
for shock value

Maguro posted:

Don't Ask, Don't Get

Good lord, that's wonderful. In London soon, I hope.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Maguro posted:

If 2011 was Blawan's year then I think 2012 is gonna be Mickey Pearce's. So loving stoked for this release tomorrow, I hope my new debit card gets here before they sell out:

Don't Ask, Don't Get

I Am
http://youtu.be/-CIVMidZ3E0

Luckily I doubt you'll have a problem with it selling out. I think Swamp81 must be getting a good thousand or two in initial pressings by now. Tunes big and needs a good stockpile 'cause it's just gonna be dropped everywhere across the world. Honestly I hope the rest of the year keeps to the same schedule the past few months have been. In the space of like 6-8 weeks we've had from Swamp81: Zed Bias, Pinch, Boddika & Joy O and now this. Here's hoping for at least 1 a month. Wanna see Swamp028 come December!

No wonder nobody has heard anything really new from Loefah for years, he's busy 24/7 just going from the mastering house to the pressing plant to the distros.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
Word is that Loe is coming out with something. We do know that Soul What Refixes are coming out on Swamp 81 this year, shortly. Also some more Boddika/Joy O is what I hear. And Mean Streets Pt 2

qwako
Sep 11, 2009
Bloc Weekend this year is looking crazy good already http://www.blocweekend.com/

Orbital /
Flying Lotus /
Gary Numan
Ricardo Villalobos /
Squarepusher /
Battles /
Jeff Mills /
DOOM /
A.T.O.L. / (Modeslektor + Marcel Dettmann + Shed) yesssssssss
Carl Craig – 69 /
Four Tet /
Shackleton /
Hudson Mohawke – DJ /
Joker /
Scuba /
Digital Mystikz /
Actress /
Jacques Greene /
Loefah /
Addison Groove /
Boddika /
Pinch /
Objekt /
Oneman /
Deadboy /
Redinho /
Spencer

at the same time however is gilles petersons worldwide festival which is 6 days in the south of france FOR ONLY 70 EURO just a small part of the lineup has been released but its looking good
Julio Bashmore, Robert Glasper Experiment live, Channel One Sound System, Alice Russell live, Mosca, Machinedrum live, DJ RKK, Dimlite live, David Rodigan, Onra live

and i got Goth-Trads new triple lp in the post today big release

qwako fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 6, 2012

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Royal-T has an LP coming out on Rinse relatively soon. And Cool Down is finally being released as a single in March!

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

qwako posted:

Bloc Weekend this year is looking crazy good already http://www.blocweekend.com/

Orbital /
Flying Lotus /
Gary Numan
Ricardo Villalobos /
Squarepusher /
Battles /
Jeff Mills /
DOOM /
A.T.O.L. / (Modeslektor + Marcel Dettmann + Shed) yesssssssss
Carl Craig – 69 /
Four Tet /
Shackleton /
Hudson Mohawke – DJ /
Joker /
Scuba /
Digital Mystikz /
Actress /
Jacques Greene /
Loefah /
Addison Groove /
Boddika /
Pinch /
Objekt /
Oneman /
Deadboy /
Redinho /
Spencer

at the same time however is gilles petersons worldwide festival which is 6 days in the south of france FOR ONLY 70 EURO just a small part of the lineup has been released but its looking good
Julio Bashmore, Robert Glasper Experiment live, Channel One Sound System, Alice Russell live, Mosca, Machinedrum live, DJ RKK, Dimlite live, David Rodigan, Onra live

and i got Goth-Trads new triple lp in the post today big release

Wait when did Bloc move to London? gently caress that, Butlins in the middle of nowhere or nowt! I'd go for Gilles Peterson. South of France (let's be honest the south of France anytime of the year beats here at well, anytime of the year), a great line up with more to come. If my passport wasn't 3 years out of date, I wasn't on the dole and had money, I'd go there.

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer
I feel like I've reached a milestone in my bass music career: Got to hear Skream and Benga drop Anti War Dub on the best sound system in the USA (their words), at U Street. Made my year, got to tell em that afterwards too.

Styliferous fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 7, 2012

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Styliferous posted:

I feel like I've reached a milestone in my bass music career: Got to hear Skream and Benga drop Anti War Dub on the best sound system in the USA (their words), at U Street. Made my year, got to tell em that afterwards too.

Was it a fun show? The local FB bass music group I'm on had a lot of whining & complaining.

Also, I should be playing U Hall on March 13th, opening for FaltyDL and Four Tet (live set).

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer

SUBFRIES posted:

Was it a fun show? The local FB bass music group I'm on had a lot of whining & complaining.

Also, I should be playing U Hall on March 13th, opening for FaltyDL and Four Tet (live set).

The crowd had a bunch of aggressive assholes, but I expected that anyway. I managed to post up front row but off to the side a bit, so I managed to be directly in front of the subs but avoid the idiots who tried to mosh and poo poo.

I had a pretty great time, I've heard a lot of their recent live sets so I knew what to expect, and I saw them at Fall Massive so I was hoping they would actually be able to finish their set this time around. They played a lot of what I was hoping to hear, but I can see how people going in expecting to hear 2008 Skream & Benga would be upset. Yeah I'd prefer that era too, but they still know how to get a crowd going and they put on a really fun show regardless. Plus they played Anti War Dub, Midnight Request Line, and Marka, all of which were great to hear on the system. I managed to chat it up with Benga a little bit and get a picture with him after his set, and Joe Nice was in the building so I managed to chat with him a little as well. Really down to earth guys even through the success.

As for bass music fans who were upset, I would have been too if exclusively aggressive bro poo poo was played, but your boy Encryption laid down a super legit proper dubstep set that had me eyes down front row pure skanking in front of the subs, dapped me up a few times during the set too (and found me on FB afterwards to tell me he was feeding off the vibes I was putting out). A lot of the aggressive bro cats were moving to the deep poo poo as well, which personally gives me some hope because a friend of mine who has been really unhappy with dubstep as a whole now feels where I'm coming from thanks to the set, and wants to get more involved with the tracks I listen to. Plus Encryption played Headhunter - Clone on that system, so my night was already made by 10:30 regardless, Anti War Dub was the super delicious icing on the cake.

In retrospect, with the opener being so dope, not dealing with the bro poo poo, and hearing pretty much every track I wanted to on the best system in the US PLUS meeting them afterwards, I'd probably say that it was one of, if not the, best shows I've ever personally been to. I'm definitely going to be there again the next time they come back, because I'm certain they will be.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Oh yeah, we had our 400th podcast at Expansion Broadcast the other week, basically had most of the resident DJs in one place, going b2b2b2b2b through a lot of different stuff. Here are the first two parts:

Expansion Broadcast - Podcast #400
Part One - Bass Music w/ Erictronica, SGNL, Harry Ransom and Refugee
Stream: http://www.expansionbroadcast.com/podcast/400-1/
Download: (right click, save as)

Track List:
Cosmin TRG – Fizic
Echo Park – Fiber Optic (Jon Convex Love Transmission Remix)
Prince Club & Poupon – La Nuit (Original Mix)
Kollektiv Turmstrasse – Was Bleibt (Jimpster Instrumental)
Prince Club & Poupon – Platinum
Jonas Kopp – Let’s See
Marcel Dettmann – Landscape
SCB – FutureUnknown
Psyk – Repeat
SCB – Loss
Throwing Snow – Shadower
Mosca – Done Me Wrong
DJ Cra$y, Breach – Just E (Breach Remix)
Cee Lo Green, Redlight – I Want You (Redlight Remix)
Seiji – Face Up
Jon Convex – Pop That P
Christian Martin – Waiting
Conqueror – Highest Order
DJ Cra$y, Breach – That Amen Track (Breach Remix)
Kode9 – 2 far gone
El Kid – Hypnosis (Walton Dub)
DJG – Round
Helixir – Springz & Wires
Brackles and Shortstuff – Sutorito Faita
Sully – Track Side
Untold – Don’t Know. Don’t Care
Horsepower Productions – What We Do
Martyn – Vancouver

-----
Expansion Broadcast - Podcast #400
Part Two - Dubstep w/ Whizeguy, Harry Ransom, and Dave J
Stream: http://www.expansionbroadcast.com/podcast/400-2/
Download: (right click, save as)

Track List:
Sleeper – Narrow
Skream – Phatty Drummer
Distance – Mind Control
Mayhem – Sensi Star
DJ Madd – Pitfall (Phaeleh Remix)
V.I.V.E.K – Motherland
R4NS0M – Untitled
Headhunter – Clone
Icicle & Distance – Exhale
Kahn – Tehran
Ena – Instinctive
Skream – Wobble That Gut (Widowmaker Remix)
Kutz – G742
Joker, Kahn – Back In The Day (Kahn Remix)
Soap Dodgers – Drum Roll
Vex’d – Cold (Widowmaker Remix)
Reso – Vanquish
Dismantle – Computation
Jack Beats – End of Love (Kutz Remix)
Benga – Electro West
Bolger – Pok Tish
Jus Wan – Azure
TRG – Decisions
Ruckspin feat. J Sparrow – Blessings
Seven – Sinister
DJG – Apophenia
DJG – Apophenia (VIP)
Helixir – Helicraft
Kode9 vs. L.D. – Bad
Dcult – Particle
Myrkur & TMSV – Icarus
June Miller – Shizgara
DJ Madd – Pitfall (Phaeleh remix)
Biome – The Planets
Macabre Unit – Clockwork

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Synkro's on the Resident Advisor podcast:
http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast-episode.aspx?id=297

Tracklist:
Sabre, Stray & Halogenix – Oblique (Synkro Remix)
Background Sound – Close
Frederick Robinson – Shore
ASC – Sarang
Stickman – The Klixx (Indigo Remix)
Troy Gunner & Cuffy – Decisive Creation
DjRum – The Darkest Hour Is Just Before Dawn
Indigo – Wake
GoldFFinch – Once You Wrap
Lostlojic – Don’t You Feel (Synkro Remix)
GoldFFinch – Untitled
Indigo – Snowfall (Tom Dicicco Remix)
Until Silence – Stolen Hours
Emeli Sande – Daddy (Ifan Dafydd Remix)
Akkord – Back & Forth
Menik – Close To You (Indigo Remix)
Troy Gunner – Headlights
Synkro – Can’t See
Darling Farah – Model
Guy Andrews – Shades
Stickman – The Verge
Akkord – Renewal
Bay & Elsewhere – I Think Of
Above & Beyond – Love Is Not Enough (Synkro Remix)

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007
SPL just posted this video on his Facebook. poo poo was hilarious, and very on point.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Riot.EXE posted:

SPL just posted this video on his Facebook. poo poo was hilarious, and very on point.

Pretty much a lot of the type of kids that were at the Skream & Benga show Styliferous went to in DC, although the video makers were probably more Baltimore-area than DC.

I am sure it is going to get sampled a few times at least.

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

SUBFRIES posted:

Pretty much a lot of the type of kids that were at the Skream & Benga show Styliferous went to in DC, although the video makers were probably more Baltimore-area than DC.

I am sure it is going to get sampled a few times at least.

Which is funny, 'cause the Skream & Benga show I went to, here in Chicago, was far more diverse than that.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
Joe Nice is a cool guy, but which accent was he using?

SkellingTon Loc
Oct 24, 2005

I was feelin' horny and ornery hornery
They!Live is amazing. Probably my favorite thing so far this year.

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer
The crowd was pretty diverse for a DC show, maybe like 1/3rd rager assholes. Plenty of normal people getting down to the bass weight, ragers only really made an appearance at the front for the headliners and then left.

Dubplate Fire posted:

Joe Nice is a cool guy, but which accent was he using?

Since I don't remember a UK accent, an American one. Have I been swindled?

Ola Ugh
May 19, 2005

Sjåre brymæ
Rager is a new word for me. Thats people who like commercial electronic music?

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Ola Ugh posted:

Rager is a new word for me. Thats people who like commercial electronic music?

It's just kids out to party.

IDK, a lot of it just boils down to limited knowledge of the music, might only know a few big names, purely out to party / "rage".

-----
That said, I put up a clip of a new dubstep track, trying to get a handle on some new gear and techniques. Not going to shake up any scenes with this, but having fun with each project I do:

http://soundcloud.com/r4ns0m/r4ns0m-guidance

Also think I'm going to push R4NS0M as an artist name for stuff. Not sure. Will mainly DJ in DC as Harry Ransom.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Styliferous posted:

Since I don't remember a UK accent, an American one. Have I been swindled?

He switches between a Caribbean accent, British and American accent frequently. I don't think he does it anymore. I met the dude several times, and he's really chill, but the accent switching made me feel like he was kinda fake. Plus he would reload that track "Spongebob" like 4 times in a row, which is annoying.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Dubplate Fire posted:

He switches between a Caribbean accent, British and American accent frequently. I don't think he does it anymore. I met the dude several times, and he's really chill, but the accent switching made me feel like he was kinda fake. Plus he would reload that track "Spongebob" like 4 times in a row, which is annoying.

I have to admit I never noticed anything other than an American accent on him when he came over here a few years ago. Of course barring some the whole Sourthern US accent thing I can barely tell the difference between American accents anyway!

And to defend him, everybody who was cool pulled back Spongebob 4 times. But chances are they pulled back the dubplate, rather than the actual pressing that sold a ton or the million one of the many knock offs that also probably sold a ton. Actually if it's anything like half of us used to do, we were the ones pulling it back rather than the DJ. Sometimes to the annoyance of the DJ, but you could get away with it back then. I think we did it to Pokes when he DJed here with the Asbo song. That intro is burned in my brain now after about a billion rewinds. Don't do it with D Double whatever you do though.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

SUBFRIES posted:

It's just kids out to party.

IDK, a lot of it just boils down to limited knowledge of the music, might only know a few big names, purely out to party / "rage".

-----
That said, I put up a clip of a new dubstep track, trying to get a handle on some new gear and techniques. Not going to shake up any scenes with this, but having fun with each project I do:

http://soundcloud.com/r4ns0m/r4ns0m-guidance

Also think I'm going to push R4NS0M as an artist name for stuff. Not sure. Will mainly DJ in DC as Harry Ransom.

Man, things are really getting serious in the electronic music scene when wanting to party is a negative quality.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
No seriously folks, forget about Bloc, between Gilles Peterson Worldwide Festival and now this, what more do you want really? Hope you've got plenty of air miles saved up though, first the south of France then Turkey. I gotta say a lot of the festivals etc out of the UK have really come up in the world. Of course it helps they're held in a place where the weather isn't poo poo 24/7. Yes please, I would like to sit in the summer sun on a beach in Turkey rather than some dank basement venue in rainy Camden.

Anyone in the south of France and Turkey wanna give me a room for a week or two. And by room I mean also giving me plane fare, bus fare, tickets, in fact just pay for everything that would be nice. What no takers? For shame, well I'll remember that next time you come to me asking for help!

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Tomahawk posted:

Man, things are really getting serious in the electronic music scene when wanting to party is a negative quality.

I think they're trying to single out the simpletons who go to shows and get so hosed up they're frothing at the mouth while treating every social interaction as a hipster pissing contest.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

And to defend him, everybody who was cool pulled back Spongebob 4 times. But chances are they pulled back the dubplate, rather than the actual pressing that sold a ton or the million one of the many knock offs that also probably sold a ton.

I dunno, maybe I'm a fun hater, but Spongebob is pretty obnoxious, even if it was the dubplate. The cool thing about seeing Joe Nice a few years ago was that he is a chill dude, plus he got all the plates from the UK, so I give him some respect (even if I think he is technically a "bad DJ"). Maybe I'm just being a hater, because I have had my fair share of obnoxious rewinds.

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007
"Tonedown" - Gridlok. I'm REALLY feelin' this one right here...what do y'all think?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

And I just found out I'll be in DC this weekend. Anyone wanna go with me to this?
http://pinchindc.eventbrite.com/

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Dubplate Fire posted:

I dunno, maybe I'm a fun hater, but Spongebob is pretty obnoxious, even if it was the dubplate. The cool thing about seeing Joe Nice a few years ago was that he is a chill dude, plus he got all the plates from the UK, so I give him some respect (even if I think he is technically a "bad DJ"). Maybe I'm just being a hater, because I have had my fair share of obnoxious rewinds.

I definitely think it's one of those tunes you really had to be there for. I mean remember Mala, N-Type, Hatcha (I think) etc had that going on dub since what? early 2007? Maybe even before that, I can't remember. Anyway, that's when I remember it being played first. So a totally different ballgame then. Spongebob was the only Spongebob, so when you stuck it in with everything else people were playing - and that whole entire set jump-up thing didn't really exist back then - it really stuck out (in a good way I mean). But filter it through 5+ years of badly made clones of it and other poorly made or unoriginal jump-up stuff and I doubt many would want to hear it again, especially if it's in those kinda sets where it'd get lost amid a mass of people who probably didn't think it was filthy enough.

air- posted:

And I just found out I'll be in DC this weekend. Anyone wanna go with me to this?

At least there seems to be plenty of Washington folk about here, hit them up. Secret locations are always ominous though. 50/50 chance you're going to some derelict industrial estate where the wires are exposed and the roof has long caved in.

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
Is it just me or is there an absolute shitload of good records out this week? I want everything but it's way too much this time. I picked up SWAMP018, TEC54, DMZ022, SUBWAYDS006, 616009, MLDB003, HES019, FRJ011, VERSION003. But there's 4/5 more i would have done too. Madness.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

air- posted:

I might be there.

Location was announced yesterday too, it's an old store front on H Street NE, right next door to Rock & Roll Hotel (where Scuba played maybe four years ago).

Also re: ragers, I was making an observation. Granted, my version of fun is not the same as what I perceive a rager's version of fun would be.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

I definitely think it's one of those tunes you really had to be there for. I mean remember Mala, N-Type, Hatcha (I think) etc had that going on dub since what? early 2007? Maybe even before that, I can't remember. Anyway, that's when I remember it being played first. So a totally different ballgame then. Spongebob was the only Spongebob, so when you stuck it in with everything else people were playing - and that whole entire set jump-up thing didn't really exist back then - it really stuck out (in a good way I mean). But filter it through 5+ years of badly made clones of it and other poorly made or unoriginal jump-up stuff and I doubt many would want to hear it again, especially if it's in those kinda sets where it'd get lost amid a mass of people who probably didn't think it was filthy enough.

That's just like your opinion, man. I think the first time I heard it, it was mixed with Mala's In Luv, which completely ruined it for me. Mix one of my favorite tracks with some absolute noise, I dunno, like I said I'm a fun hater.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Dubplate Fire posted:

That's just like your opinion, man. I think the first time I heard it, it was mixed with Mala's In Luv, which completely ruined it for me. Mix one of my favorite tracks with some absolute noise, I dunno, like I said I'm a fun hater.

Burn the fun hater! Burn him! Nah don't be daft man, it's all cool I get it. I think there is probably more than one person who wishes Spongebob was never made. I think a lot of us wouldn't have been so up for it if we could've seen one year, two years down the line and saw the effect that sound would have on the scene.

Like I said I still don't mind it much (though actually it's probably one of my least listened to DMZ records now), it was pretty unique when it was made but also fitted in with the general vibe at the time too. But I will admit even I got really sick of it when it finally was pressed and everyone and their aunt had a copy and was putting it into everything. What's strange actually is I seem to think it's been kinda forgotton about nowadays.

Though whoever put it up beside In Luv was mental. I just don't see how they really go together much at all.

infinity2005 posted:

Is it just me or is there an absolute shitload of good records out this week? I want everything but it's way too much this time. I picked up SWAMP018, TEC54, DMZ022, SUBWAYDS006, 616009, MLDB003, HES019, FRJ011, VERSION003. But there's 4/5 more i would have done too. Madness.

There's a good amount of decent releases out this week. In fact let's have a look at some of them here.

Saigon Recording's star continues to rise with this new release by GoldFFinch, Funky Steppa b/w Groove Panda. So good it needs two Fs. Not a clue who he/she/it are apart from the fact they're from Belgium apparently. You may remember their release on Numbers at the tail end of last year or their recent release on 877 Records. Anyway, Funky Steppa gets my vote as the choice cut with it's big booty shakin' beat. Don't stop, don't stop, don't stop, Shake yer body...

Ron Trent comes along with this new limited edition track - Kids At Play. At times it kinda reminds me of a more tribal I Feel Love, but that goes out the window with the funky plonking notes that just stomp it up. Very nice.

Hessle Audio continues to bring the goods too with the recent Objekt release Cactus b/w Porcupine. Plenty of wobbles on the first track, but the good kind. While the second track is just some gnarly Techno thing really, fantastic. If Hessle Audio isn't a label on your automatic pick up list then man I just don't know? By the numbers Beatport digital-only release Stadium House is on the door to your right, c'ya!.

Now I know what you're saying, they're French and they make House, just another Daft Punk rip off? No! The Mekanism come with their debut EP out next week on Needwant. Super smoove, ultra deep, laid back with some strong basslines, the first track Can't Believe gets a pretty pumping dancefloor remix by Mario Basonov. Honestly give it a listen when it comes out, you might like it.

For those who want some harder stuff, the latest Chestplate release may be for you. A Tunnidge and Distance kinda split single thing. Bass the way it's meant to be served, wrapped up in dark, haunting atmosphere and menacing robotic stabs for one course, and all out good quality freshest ingredients steppa wobble action for dessert.

And for those of you who want to eat nothing but raw sugar for yer tea pick up the Soap Dodgers new single on N-Type's Wheel & Deal records. Purveyors of some of the finest jump-up stuff. Yes despite what people may think about me I do actually keep a semi-open mind about stuff, not too open so any old crap will fall in, but enough. Anyway this is what happens when you mix together some Funky beats and jump-up, pop it in the oven for a bit and out this comes, something a wee bit different from your average thing. Those of you who've seen Skream & Benga recently may have heard it already. Actually those who like artwork on records may want to wait till the full release, which should have full artwork. I think. Maybe. Possibly.

So that's just some choice cuts from this week and/or next. I'm thinking I may keep this end of the week run down going. I know it's nothing fancy but just using it to shine a light on what the distros are sending out this week, keep people regularly up to date on what's dropping. I know the one or two more Housey stuff may not suit everyones taste, but I like to think maybe some of what I'm picking can be thrown in there somewhere. So hey let me know what you think.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

For those who want some harder stuff, the latest Chestplate release may be for you. A Tunnidge and Distance kinda split single thing. Bass the way it's meant to be served, wrapped up in dark, haunting atmosphere and menacing robotic stabs for one course, and all out good quality freshest ingredients steppa wobble action for dessert.

Sick. I'm uploading a mix I threw together with no idea what I was going to do to soundcloud. Gonna post it in the mix thread. Check it out. Tell me where it sucks and what's good. People always afraid to tell me what doesn't work, and I have a good idea, but some outside opinions are definitely needed.

EDIT: Here is a link to the post, http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3049995&userid=166527

Dubplate Fire fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 10, 2012

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer
Don't forget, Monday brought about the release of two new Compa tracks on Boka Records. Both tracks come fully equipped with deep dread vibes, especially the B side, Beginning, which features a haunting bassline and ridiculously spacey atmosphere that I describe as purely Lovecraftian in the way it summons feelings of being lost in the void of the universe. I'm gonna stop being pretentious now, but both tracks were definitely day one scoops.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Styliferous posted:

Don't forget, Monday brought about the release of two new Compa tracks on Boka Records. Both tracks come fully equipped with deep dread vibes, especially the B side, Beginning, which features a haunting bassline and ridiculously spacey atmosphere that I describe as purely Lovecraftian in the way it summons feelings of being lost in the void of the universe. I'm gonna stop being pretentious now, but both tracks were definitely day one scoops.

The third part to this series should be out over the next few days soon (if it isn't already).

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

SkellingTon Loc posted:

They!Live is amazing. Probably my favorite thing so far this year.

It's nice I guess, but I didn't expect it to be this Cologne housey. For an album with such a grammatically atrocious title it sure is polite and middle class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Ras Het posted:

It's nice I guess, but I didn't expect it to be this Cologne housey. For an album with such a grammatically atrocious title it sure is polite and middle class.

It definitely ended up different than I thought it'd be (not that I don't like the end product mind!). I initially figured it'd have ended up full of stuff like Creeper. You know a bit more raw, bit more Funky, bit more well, UK! As usual bloody people moving to bloody Berlin!

• Locked thread