Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Tell me why

I love you like I do

Tell me who

Can stop my heart as much as you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
That's all she wrote… and yet, it speaks volumes.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Whoa...that book behind Susan's head...

quote:

The Burden of Proof, published in 1990, is Scott Turow's second novel, somewhat of a sequel to Presumed Innocent. The Burden of Proof follows the story of defense attorney Sandy Stern in the aftermath of his wife's death, and the growing realization that there is much about his marriage that he has never understood.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Maybe you don't have to be so funny. I mean, would it kill you not to be so funny all the time? That's all I'm asking. This woman thinks I'm very funny. Now you're gonna be funny, so what am I gonna be? I'm gonna be a short bald guy with glasses who suddenly doesn't seem so funny!

edit: I love how you can find basically any specific scene you want on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmLdLwlgLI

Relayer fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 9, 2012

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Remember, its not a lie, if you believe it.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
This scene pretty much summarizes every relationship talk/problem I've had with friends (both sides). Despite the lack of cell phones and technology- it is scenes like this which hold up the show today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g3tQaqizh0

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.

Riptor posted:

Tell me why

I love you like I do

Tell me who

Kramer sublet his apartment from Paul Reiser's character on Mad About You. And yet Jerry Seinfeld, the celebrity, was on the show a few years later.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Chicolini posted:

Kramer sublet his apartment from Paul Reiser's character on Mad About You. And yet Jerry Seinfeld, the celebrity, was on the show a few years later.

How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe :ohdear:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Riptor posted:

Tell me why

I love you like I do

Tell me who

This was a great gag but it always bugged me because Mad About You was in-continuity with Seinfeld. Paul Reiser's character used to live in Jerry's apartment.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Eduardo... Carrochiooooooo

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I know the D is the biggest. I base my whole life on knowing the D is the biggest.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Relayer posted:

Maybe you don't have to be so funny. I mean, would it kill you not to be so funny all the time? That's all I'm asking. This woman thinks I'm very funny. Now you're gonna be funny, so what am I gonna be? I'm gonna be a short bald guy with glasses who suddenly doesn't seem so funny!

edit: I love how you can find basically any specific scene you want on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmLdLwlgLI

Nah don't move the tables it uh... it makes an eight....

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

LividLiquid posted:

This was a great gag but it always bugged me because Mad About You was in-continuity with Seinfeld. Paul Reiser's character used to live in Jerry's apartment.

Could be Paul Reiser the man/comedian and not Paul Buchman the character? I can't remember if last names were ever brought up in the small cameo.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

esperantinc posted:

Could be Paul Reiser the man/comedian and not Paul Buchman the character? I can't remember if last names were ever brought up in the small cameo.
No, it had to be Paul Buchman because the crossover happened on Mad About You, not Seinfeld. Paul went to see Kramer, because apparently Kramer was sub-letting his apartment from him.

Considering the crossover happened on Mad About You, and was contradicted twice by events on Seinfeld, I feel pretty safe in disregarding its canonicity.

I also can't believe that I've posted multiple times now about this issue.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That's what was so funny!

That's not funny!

"You think you're some kind of comedian?"

"Actually I am a comedian..."

"That's not so funny"

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

thepokey posted:

"That's not so funny"

You're a cashier!

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln
It's called the lumbar yard.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

PS. Love the cabin posted:

It's called the lumbar yard.

That's what I'd like to know about it

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

T. Fine posted:

That's what I'd like to know about it

Because he's my butler!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"I don't understand.. you were wearing the pants you were returning?"

"Well I guess I was.."

"What were you gonna wear on the way back?"

"Elaine, are you listening?? I didn't even get there!"

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
My friend Jay Riemenschneider eats horse all the time!

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
That same thing happened to Lomez!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
So my friend Bob Saccamano was saying...
-I thought he was Kramers friend?
He was, but he called last night about 2am and we got to talking.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

....Mr. Marbles? :gonk:

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
How come I never see any of these people?

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

potee posted:

How come I never see any of these people?

They want to know why they never see you.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I have a friend called Ian and we're on a hockey team with a bunch of other friends. I must have just watched the Wig Master or something, but one day I just started calling him Een, and now our whole team calls him Een. It makes me so happy. Me want to cry.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Paaardon?

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Lord of Laughton posted:

I have a friend called Ian and we're on a hockey team with a bunch of other friends. I must have just watched the Wig Master or something, but one day I just started calling him Een, and now our whole team calls him Een. It makes me so happy. Me want to cry.

Elaine struggling to pronounce his name is classic.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

thepokey posted:

"That's not so funny"

We had a funny guy with us in Korea. Tailgunner. They blew his brains out all over the Pacific.

There's nothing funny about that.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Athanatos posted:

Paaardon?

"Probably because...nmm..dmm.."

"What?"

"..what?"

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Relayer posted:

"Probably because...nmm..dmm.."

"What?"

"..what?"

Maybe because it's a crock of sh...

What was that? ... I heard something.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Somebody double parked, we couldn't help it. It might have been Saddam Hussein, we're not really sure. He had a British accent, though. What, what happened to you?"

"Somebody put a cane on my foot. Just like the one I'm going to put up your--"

"Hey, what happened to your coat? And what's the smell? What, are you drunk?"

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

"Somebody double parked, we couldn't help it. It might have been Saddam Hussein, we're not really sure. He had a British accent, though. What, what happened to you?"

"Somebody put a cane on my foot. Just like the one I'm going to put up your--"

"Hey, what happened to your coat? And what's the smell? What, are you drunk?"

mmmmSORRYyyyy.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Found this recipe for black-and-white cookies in a magazine today at work, and totally want to try it out:

quote:

Makes 12 cookies

Twelve cookies doesn’t sound like much, but these cookies are huge. You’ll get neater cookies if you spread on the vanilla glaze first. This recipe provides a little extra glaze, just in case.

COOKIES

1¾ cups (8¾ ounces) all-purpose flour

½ teaspoon baking powder

¼ teaspoon baking soda

¹⁄₈ teaspoon salt

10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar

1 large egg

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

¹⁄₃ cup sour cream

GLAZE

5 cups (20 ounces) confectioners’ sugar, sifted

7 tablespoons whole milk

2 tablespoons corn syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

½ teaspoon salt

3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder, sifted

1. FOR THE COOKIES: Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl.

2. Using stand mixer fitted with paddle, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with 2 additions of sour cream, scraping down bowl as needed. Give dough final stir by hand.

3. Using greased ¼-cup measure, drop cookie dough 3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 15 to 18 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.

4. FOR THE GLAZE: Whisk sugar, 6 tablespoons milk, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt together in bowl until smooth. Transfer 1 cup glaze to small bowl; reserve. Whisk cocoa and remaining 1 tablespoon milk into remaining glaze until combined.

5. Working with 1 cookie at a time, spread 1 tablespoon vanilla glaze over half of underside of cookie. Refrigerate until glaze is set, about 15 minutes. Cover other half of cookies with 1 tablespoon chocolate glaze and let cookies sit at room temperature until glaze is firm, at least 1 hour. Serve. (Cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.)

KEY INGREDIENT

Cocoa powder

Cocoa powder comes in two sorts: natural and Dutch-processed. After they are roasted, the cacao beans for the latter are soaked in a low-acid solution (usually potassium carbonate) to make them darker and less acidic. Natural cocoa omits this chemical soak. Which is better? In a blind taste test, our tasters much preferred the smoother flavor of Dutch-processed cocoa in hot chocolate and all the baked goods we tested. Callebaut, our winning brand, is available at Amazon.com. Our runner-up is Droste, which is more affordable and is sold in supermarkets.

TEST KITCHEN

Technique Glazing Black and White Cookies

Using a butter knife or offset mini spatula, glaze half of the underside of each cookie with vanilla. Chill the cookies in the refrigerator for 15 minutes so the glaze can start to harden. Glaze the other half of each cookie with chocolate, and let the cookies sit until the glaze sets, about one hour.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
My father was a lobsterman. He woke up every morning at four and came home STINKING of brine!

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
What spare set? All my keys say DO NOT DUPLICATE.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

One moment Mulder. I'm reading the most fascinating article on the most fascinating people of the year... And, done.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Diabolik900 posted:

No, it had to be Paul Buchman because the crossover happened on Mad About You, not Seinfeld. Paul went to see Kramer, because apparently Kramer was sub-letting his apartment from him.

Considering the crossover happened on Mad About You, and was contradicted twice by events on Seinfeld, I feel pretty safe in disregarding its canonicity.

I also can't believe that I've posted multiple times now about this issue.

Nope, it happened. All the NBC sitcoms happen in the same New York!

Except 30 Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Sash! posted:

Nope, it happened. All the NBC sitcoms happen in the same New York!
Phoebe's twin sister Ursula was the regular waitress at the Buchman's common eatery. It pre-dated Friends by a couple of years. Lock step in line with the Seinfeld timeline.