Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Red Robin Hood posted:

Definitely male gender. In my head I hear it as

"do it...... do it now!"

Could it be Ben Stiller's Starsky being the rich dude cowboy in Starsky and Hutch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Lawnie posted:

I'm generally loving terrible at waking up in the morning to an alarm. I want to try some sort of "gently caress you, you have to get up you lazy sack of poo poo" alarm clock, but I don't know where to start. I'm afraid that with most of them, I'll do the mundane task of getting up and picking up this thing rolling around my room, turn it off, and go back to sleep. am I a lost cause already?

Any recommendations on an alarm clock that will get me up and alert pretty quickly would be great.

smartphone + Sleep Cycle. I was just like you until I found this way to have the alarm go off at the right time within my natural sleep cycle. Haven't had trouble getting up and feeling awesome in years since. If you don't have/want a smartphone you can buy dedicated hardware that does the same thing.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

kimbo305 posted:

Could it be Ben Stiller's Starsky being the rich dude cowboy in Starsky and Hutch?

I found the video on youtube, that's definitely not it. It's more of a shout, anyways...

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

randyest posted:

smartphone + Sleep Cycle. I was just like you until I found this way to have the alarm go off at the right time within my natural sleep cycle. Haven't had trouble getting up and feeling awesome in years since. If you don't have/want a smartphone you can buy dedicated hardware that does the same thing.

Is there an Android version of this app? There are a million like it on the marketplace, and I don't want to buy one that doesn't come recommended.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Lawnie posted:

Is there an Android version of this app? There are a million like it on the marketplace, and I don't want to buy one that doesn't come recommended.
I'm sure there is but I'm sorry that I can't recommend a particular one. As long as it uses the acelleromter to detect your sleep activity and learn / calibrate over time and has good app store reviews it should be good. Maybe ask in the android app thread in IYG?

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gravity Pike posted:

GET TO DA CHOPPA!

Oh, gently caress, that is Predator. Uh, do you have any more context? Pacing, accent, gender, etc?
Predator's the only thing I can think of as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOoOP2l_ahQ

Pogo the Clown
Sep 5, 2007
Spoke to the devil the other day

Red Robin Hood posted:

Trying to remember quote from something, not exactly sure what.

"do it do it now!"

Definitely not Predator. Any ideas?

Opening scene of The Matrix when the cops bust in on Trinity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPtk7mweahY

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Or that :p

Red Robin Hood posted:

Trying to remember quote from something, not exactly sure what.

"do it do it now!"

Definitely not Predator. Any ideas?

I'm thinking of an episode of Friends, where Chandler is yelling it at Joey in a bathroom. I think it's the one where Joey brings Chandler on a double date and the other woman is Janice.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

Knightmare posted:

Someone else linked software but why don't you take someone's PC speakers and plug them into your phone when you want to do this?
The situation doesn't come up all that often. Every time it has it has been a laptop I have wanted to connect to.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Dudebro posted:

Is it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GSfjeYVpkQ

Or is it Monday Night Combat (not a new game)?

Actually found it after rewording my googling a bit.
Overstrike

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Quick question, I've been apartment hunting on craigslist and came across an ad that seemed too good to be true: 2br cottage for $300/month in the Portland area and $300 deposit on top of that, which is insanely low. So I sent this message:

quote:

Hello, I was writing to inquire about the two bedroom house for $300/month.
Is it $300 per room or for the whole house, and where is it located?

And then I got back this message:

quote:

_-_-=__=__=.-_.==-=,__.-,=_,_,
._._-,-=--_,..,=,.,_
_,,=.=.-=,_.-=_=,,,_=.
_-,=-,-,,.-.,=_-,-=,-_

Hi Wolfsheim,

First and foremost, thank you for your interest in the home. I am available to show the house this week
if that fits your schedule.

Just to give you a little more information about the home, the water, trash
and garbage are paid by us. The security deposit can be paid in 2 installments if money is tight. (I know how that can be).
The house has a fenced in backyard and we do allow pets. The deposit per pet is a one time payment.
The house includes a washer and dryer, and we pay for lawn care so the renter does not have to cut the grass.
There is NO application fee (our company policy and guarantee).

I will be happy to show the house at an agreed upon time and date but I do require that all applicants and
additional renters who will be living in the home complete a free credit report to ensure their eligibility.
I have so many people apply for homes that I have to make sure they are qualified renters before I show the property.
This ensures neither of us will be wasting our time.

It is okay if you have bad credit (trust me). We just check to make sure that you don't have several evictions on
your record. (We won't rent if you have 3 or more evictions on your record)

I also had to recently stop giving out the exact address of rental properties before I am able to show them because
last time I did that the house was vandalized (I will be glad to send you the address right after your reply) I assure
you though that this is a very safe neighborhood. I actually lived in this home for 2 years (very cozy).

As soon as you can, please click the link below and go to the secure website to complete the free credit report (takes about 30 seconds)
Once you complete, I'll call you once I receive the information from the credit company (very quickly usually).

jdpreport.com/BlB1E0y9KS/
(Copy and paste this link to your address bar if it is not clickable)

*** You don't have to send me your credit report.
Once you fill out the report the credit company automatically forwards me your name, email address and whether you have
had any outstanding evictions in the past 5 years to determine your renter eligibility. This is the only information I am
interested in. This is a soft credit report so it won't touch your FICO score (which is why we work with them).

This process turns some people off, so I completely understand if you decide not to complete them. In that case, good luck
with your home search. I just want to be honest with you up front about our process, which does a good job of protecting
us froible renters and scammers. Also, the site above is one the safest and most secure website for credit reports in the
world, which is good for peace of mind. I have worked with them personally for a couple years now.

If you are truly interested in proceeding, take a moment and fill out one of the reports. Let me know when this is done and
we can then work out the time and date to go see the home. Email me back once you access your fresh report. I will be forwarded
the information. (Make sure to include a valid phone number. I usually call within 6 hours of submitting your report. Then I can
forward you the address and we can set up a time to tour the home.)

If eligible you will also be sent an email with my office number so we can set up a time to go see the house and discuss any
other questions or concerns you may have.

Thanks,
Reta

--_,,___=-,._==.-,..,._-,=-,_---,=_..,,_.
==_,_,=-,.._,,..=.._-,.=_=--,_.=--
_._-=-.-,.=.--.-=.._==-===-..,
_==_._===_,-._,=,=.-,,=,._._._-
-=_=,-_-,--,,-_,_.,,__,,--..=_,___-=_,==.=
,=_=-_.-=-==,=___.-.

It seems kinda scammy to me, and I figured I'd check with goons before I give my PIN number to a Nigerian prince. But on the other hand, I have very little experience with renting and maybe this is common procedure?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Just from a quick whois check, I found the following from here.

quote:

Registrant:
PrivacyProtect.org
Domain Admin (contact@privacyprotect.org)
ID#10760, PO Box 16
Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
Nobby Beach
null,QLD 4218
AU
Tel. +45.36946676

Creation Date: 08-Feb-2012
Expiration Date: 08-Feb-2013

I don't have much experience with renting either, but I'm confident that it's a scam.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
i tried going to the link just for the hell of it. it loaded in a very bizarre way, with the tab title changing very quickly but nothing showing up on the page. I'd say it's a scam, and i'm almost 100% confident in that.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
They changed Google Checkout on me and now I can't figure out how to send invoices to people. Can someone explain how?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

unpronounceable posted:

Just from a quick whois check, I found the following from here.

I don't have much experience with renting either, but I'm confident that it's a scam.

Lawnie posted:

i tried going to the link just for the hell of it. it loaded in a very bizarre way, with the tab title changing very quickly but nothing showing up on the page. I'd say it's a scam, and i'm almost 100% confident in that.

Yeah, it did seem too good to be true. I guess everyone's dream is to fall rear end-backwards into the perfect rental situation, and that's probably how they trick others.

The search continues :sigh:

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Pogo the Clown posted:

Opening scene of The Matrix when the cops bust in on Trinity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPtk7mweahY

This is definitely it! Thank you so much!

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

I saw a youtube video of a guy (who I think is Australian) and the gist of it was him going up to people with "first world problems" and telling them to man up and quit being a loving baby. He used a particular phrase, but I can't remember what it was or what his name is. I hope this is an easy one.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

SkunkDuster posted:

I saw a youtube video of a guy (who I think is Australian) and the gist of it was him going up to people with "first world problems" and telling them to man up and quit being a loving baby. He used a particular phrase, but I can't remember what it was or what his name is. I hope this is an easy one.

I think the phrase you are looking for is "Harden the gently caress up."

e: grammar.

butt dickus fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 9, 2012

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Comedian Rohnnie johns as Chopper telling people to harden the gently caress up.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lawnie posted:

If you meant this link, http://jdpreport.com/BlB1E0y9KS/ , it led me to an internal server error message, but adding "www." to the link redirected me to this Credit Report page, as mentioned in the e-mail (from the look of the link, it seems Credit Report would send the relevant parts of the credit report to Reta directly, which is why Wolfsheim wouldn't have to sent it to her).

WillieWestwood fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 9, 2012

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

I think the phrase you are looking for is "Harden the gently caress up."

El_Elegante posted:

Comedian Rohnnie johns as Chopper telling people to harden the gently caress up.

Bingo! Thank you!

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
I live in a student accommodation with eight people, and two of them have decided to leave the house several months early because of the mess in the living room/kitchen. As someone who is never in the living room/kitchen, and who always cleans up after himself when he is, I confronted them to tell them that paying their bills for the rest of the the year was going to leave me without any money.

Their response was - "Well you don't leave any mess and it's nice to live with you. But I don't care."

loving charming. I haven't been this pissed off in years. While I can easily sell all of my stuff, or find a lovely part-time job to pay their bills, I feel like our friendship is going to be on somewhat rocky terms from now on.

Anyway, we all signed guarantor forms before moving in, and I was wondering if there's any chance that their parents will be stuck with the bills? If not, do you recommend I search for some rich friends to move in?

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

WillieWestwood posted:

If you meant this link, http://jdpreport.com/BlB1E0y9KS/ , it led me to an internal server error message, but adding "www." to the link redirected me to this Credit Report page, as mentioned in the e-mail (from the look of the link, it seems Credit Report would send the relevant parts of the credit report to Reta directly, which is why Wolfsheim wouldn't have to sent it to her).

Sounds like a great way to get all of your sensitive information stolen. Also, just googling the first few sentences pulls up the fact that its a huge scam.

Crimson J posted:

Anyway, we all signed guarantor forms before moving in, and I was wondering if there's any chance that their parents will be stuck with the bills? If not, do you recommend I search for some rich friends to move in?
Even if their parents are stuck with the bills, you'd still have to get all of the rent in on time, unless you pay your share directly to the landlord or something. You'd have to actually ask your landlord what will happen. Are you responsible for finding new roommates, or is the school since its a student accommodation setting?

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

2508084 posted:

Even if their parents are stuck with the bills, you'd still have to get all of the rent in on time, unless you pay your share directly to the landlord or something. You'd have to actually ask your landlord what will happen. Are you responsible for finding new roommates, or is the school since its a student accommodation setting?

It's all done through the landlord... who is a bit of a dick. I guess relying on him to save my money is the only option.

Gravity Pike
Feb 8, 2009

I find this discussion incredibly bland and disinteresting.

Crimson J posted:

I live in a student accommodation with eight people, and two of them have decided to leave the house several months early because of the mess in the living room/kitchen. As someone who is never in the living room/kitchen, and who always cleans up after himself when he is, I confronted them to tell them that paying their bills for the rest of the the year was going to leave me without any money.

Their response was - "Well you don't leave any mess and it's nice to live with you. But I don't care."

loving charming. I haven't been this pissed off in years. While I can easily sell all of my stuff, or find a lovely part-time job to pay their bills, I feel like our friendship is going to be on somewhat rocky terms from now on.

If they signed the least, you might consider taking them to small claims court. You don't need a lawyer, and if they fail to show up, the judge automatically rules in your favor. Impress upon them that they signed a legally binding document, and they don't just get to walk away from that because they have a problem with a messy kitchen. The onus on on them to find replacement roommates if they want to move out, and if they can't, it's their responsibility to fulfill their contractual obligation.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

El_Elegante posted:

The comedian's name is actually Heath Franklin. He used to be on a TV show called the Ronnie Johns Half Hour.

He's playing a character called Chopper based on an Australian criminal named Chopper Read.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Crimson J posted:

I think you have to be practical. They sound like they're being really immature about the situation, but if they're packing their bags and walking out the door there's not much you can do to stop them. So you need to:

a)try and convince them to stay, have sitdown talks or whatever, see if you can get people to clean the kitchen more AND remind the ones leaving that they've signed a lease. Try and avoid putting it to them that they're costing *you* money, try putting it to them that this might end up with them getting legal proceedings put towards them by the landlord, loving up their credit rating etc
b)contact the landlord and let him know what's going on.
c)all the while be searching for new flatmates.

There's no easy answer, you're getting hosed over. It's totally possible the landlord will say "not my problem, rent still needs paying", but if he rents out student accomodation he probably knows full well that if 1/4 of the tenants leave a property then the others might not be able to pay the full rent themselves, so he'd rather get 6/8ths of the money than have to evict a full house of 8. If so, then he'll be the one chasing them for the money and hopefully it won't be on you. In that case then their guarantors will absolutely be getting a call.

It's not you making the mess, it's not you walking out on the lease, but you're going to have to be the grown-up here, which sucks. Is your rent paid individually or in full from one account?

It's a nightmare situation, your two flatmates are being real dicks here. I couldn't imagine walking out on a lease, having the landlord call my mummy and daddy and making them pay my rent for me. They sound really spoilt, just loving off their responsiblities and ignoring the consequences.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 10, 2012

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Gravity Pike posted:

If they signed the lease, you might consider taking them to small claims court. You don't need a lawyer, and if they fail to show up, the judge automatically rules in your favor. Impress upon them that they signed a legally binding document, and they don't just get to walk away from that because they have a problem with a messy kitchen. The onus on on them to find replacement roommates if they want to move out, and if they can't, it's their responsibility to fulfill their contractual obligation.

Hoops posted:

I think you have to be practical. They sound like they're being really immature about the situation, but if they're packing their bags and walking out the door there's not much you can do to stop them.

I'd lean to the first option with the added step of telling them you're going to go after them for their contractual obligation. Of course the wording of the lease itself and who signed it (or didn't) is key. Good luck!

randyest fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 10, 2012

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

Thanks for the help. I'll keep all of these in mind and ring the landlord tomorrow.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

randyest posted:

I'd lean to the first option with the added step of telling them you're going to go after them for their contractual obligation. Of course the wordig of the lease itself and who signed it (or didn't) is key. Good luck!
That's definitely would be a much easier outcome for him. But if they again say, "sorry, I don't care, I'm leaving" and refuse to listen to reason (I doubt they don't know that they signed a lease) then it becomes a lot more difficult for him unless he acts before they leave.

In their head, it's "we're leaving because all our flatmates make a mess, gently caress them". They think that they're sticking them with the bills, and gently caress them they deserve it. "Us against them" situations just breed pettiness, antagonism and revenge actions. If you try and present it to them as "If you stay then you can avoid all these legal problems", then they look at the benefits of staying rather than the benefits of them moving into the super-clean place they're imagining they're going to. I certainly would try to avoid making threats. If they're reactionary enough to walk out on a lease, they're reactionary enough to go "gently caress you, threaten me all you want, I'm still leaving". Try not to get lumped with the "them" of the messy flatmates. You don't have to necessarily be the "us" with them, but the more you threaten them the less they'll be willing to be reasonable with you.

[edit]this is the "amicable" solution. Obviously if they do end up leaving and are not coming back then yeah do whatever you can to legally protect yourself, they've brought it on themselves.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 10, 2012

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Hoops posted:

That's definitely would be a much easier outcome for him. But if they again say, "sorry, I don't care, I'm leaving" and refuse to listen to reason (I doubt they don't know that they signed a lease) then it becomes a lot more difficult for him unless he acts before they leave.
While I agree he should try to reach some kind of agreement asap if possible, if they signed the lease there's not much he can do until they leave / stop paying rent. And them actually leaving doesn't really affect much assuming he has their (real) names and contact info.

Were it me, I'd be looking for a way out myself so as to avoid being stuck with 4-5x the rent I signed up for while my "friends" ran off for whatever real or imagined reasons. A lease is a lease and you can't just bail on it because your flatmate is sloppy ... unless you never signed a lease and it was all handshake-based. I think we need more info from Crimson J before anyone can say for sure what's what. For example:

- What country / state / province / district / city is this happening in?
- How many people signed the lease?
- What are the lease terms (duration and early cancellation / sublet options?)
- How many of the people who signed the lease are leaving?
- What notice, if any, did they give, and to whom?
- Do you know these people well and have their full names, home/parent addresses / phone numbers?
- Did / will you talk to them and let them know they're still legally on the hook for the rent whether they live there or not?
- Did / will you talk to them and try to work something out with the kitchen slob(s) who are making the mess?

Also, whatever this means it doesn't sound like a good plan:

Crimson J posted:

It's all done through the landlord... who is a bit of a dick. I guess relying on him to save my money is the only option.

debasuuuh
Jun 17, 2005

silly hats only
I bought a card to send overseas (England). It didn't dawn on me until now that the post office might not like that 1) the card is largish and square, and 2) the envelope I picked up with it is bright red. Is this gonna get returned to me as undeliverable if I send as-is? I have a feeling the answer is yes. :(

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

debasuuuh posted:

I bought a card to send overseas (England). It didn't dawn on me until now that the post office might not like that 1) the card is largish and square, and 2) the envelope I picked up with it is bright red. Is this gonna get returned to me as undeliverable if I send as-is? I have a feeling the answer is yes. :(
How large is "largish?" I'm pretty sure you can send any reasonably-sized card anywhere, no matter how red it is, if you pay the fee. Take it to a post office and ask them how much it will cost, then pay that. I don't think they charge extra for red.

debasuuuh
Jun 17, 2005

silly hats only

randyest posted:

How large is "largish?" I'm pretty sure you can send any reasonably-sized card anywhere, no matter how red it is, if you pay the fee. Take it to a post office and ask them how much it will cost, then pay that. I don't think they charge extra for red.

I suppose the easiest answer really was just going to the post office, but I was being lazy. :) I guess I had some idea that colored envelopes wouldn't go overseas, but I'll just go in to ask. Thanks.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

randyest posted:

Yeah, as long as the right postage (I'm assuming an airmail stamp?) and address is on it it will be fine. They don't care at all about the colour. The shape is fine too, the British Royal Mail go by weight.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

randyest posted:

I think we need more info from Crimson J before anyone can say for sure what's what. For example:

- What country / state / province / district / city is this happening in?
- How many people signed the lease?
- What are the lease terms (duration and early cancellation / sublet options?)
- How many of the people who signed the lease are leaving?
- What notice, if any, did they give, and to whom?
- Do you know these people well and have their full names, home/parent addresses / phone numbers?
- Did / will you talk to them and let them know they're still legally on the hook for the rent whether they live there or not?
- Did / will you talk to them and try to work something out with the kitchen slob(s) who are making the mess?

Also, doing stuff through the landlord doesn't sound like a good plan.

All right:

- UK, Newcastle
- All 8 of us signed the lease.
- I'll go over the lease tomorrow to check the early cancellation terms.
- 2 of them are leaving.
- They're planning to go in April, and were viewing houses today. I found out through a mutual friend.
- I know them very well. I'm on the same course as one of them.
- It's late here, I'll tell them about the consequences tomorrow.
- They won't even talk with the "slobs" right now. This bizarre awkward silence started cropping up when we were all in the same room today. It's never occurred before, and was massively unsettling.

The landlord is the guy we pay all of the bills to using a joint bank account. But if he turns out to be useless, as he often does, I can also question the Estate Agents with whom we signed all of the legal documents.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Crimson J posted:

I can also question the Estate Agents with whom we signed all of the legal documents.
Good sign for you imo. For rented flats, the agents act as property managers, they're basically hired by the landlord to deal with all the poo poo, they will definitely get involved in this. Call them tomorrow morning, they won't hesitate at all in contacting guarantors, threatening people with legal action, etc. It's still a lovely situation and I doubt you'll end up with a happy settled flat where everyone is everyone's friend, but the fact you're students, renting through an agency, will make your life a lot easier. Sucks that it's a joint bank account, you may have to find the extra money between you for a month or two, but in the long-term I don't think you'll be out of pocket.

What are your leaving flatmates like as people? I expect their parents will get a call from a very stern property manager, the parents will call the respective flatmates and go sick at them, and they'll end up paying themselves (although everyone on their side will believe that you and the rest of the flat are horrible slovenly inbreds). Think about what your parents would do in this situation, it's probably pretty similar.

jmarquis710
Jan 23, 2012
When I sign for a certain TIP on a restaurant bill, in addition to the actual cost of the food, who verifies that the paid tip equates to the one I wrote down ???

I could sign for $5 but so couldn't some jerk type in for a dollar more ???

Gravity Pike
Feb 8, 2009

I find this discussion incredibly bland and disinteresting.
You do! That's why you're given a copy of the receipt, so you can check your credit card statement against the actual bills.

Most places are going to be honest about this most of the time. It is illegal (fraud, probably?) to intentionally type in a different value than the one the customer wrote on the receipt. If you disagree with the total a company charged you, you can contact the credit card company, who will probably do a chargeback. The restaurant can then challenge this, and submit the receipt that you signed as proof. (This is why you sign it!) If the credit card company agrees with the restaurant, they (probably) assign you some massive fee for wasting their time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Crimson J posted:

All right:

- UK, Newcastle
*record scratch*

Sorry, as a yank I can't say much more than I have already with any kind of confidence, but reading the rest of your post and checking Hoops' helpful response I have a feeling you'll be OK if you get on the ball. If they're all on the lease, and the lease is similar to a typical USA lease, then they're all on the hook one way or the other. Whatever you do just don't roll over and take it without pushing back and standing up for your rights (and their responsibilities.)

I have a feeling once this happens:

Crimson J posted:

- It's late here, I'll tell them about the consequences tomorrow.
...they'll suddenly get more cooperative on this front:

Crimson J posted:

- They won't even talk with the "slobs" right now.
Good luck man.