Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Thel posted:

1: Yellow card both keepers, have them swap back. Note it in the match report, suspect the gaffer is a oval office.

2: Replace him with the 4th official, note it in the match report. Talk to the ref manager afterward, get him busted back to Cotswolds fuddy-duddies division.

3: Intentional handball in the box is an automatic red card. So, card + penalty.

e: Although, reading the Laws, it's only an automatic red for using your hands to deny an obvious goalscoring opportunity, and since the goal went in maybe it should stand and only be a yellow card? I don't even know.

In regard to your edit, the way I see it is that he intended to deny the goal, however he failed quite miserably in doing so and was therefore not worthy of a red card. Caution him for being an unsporting prick regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

The bastard in the black rules as follows:

Hackett posted:

1) Law 3 deals with this sort of situation specifically, making it clear that if a change of goalkeepers is made without your permission, you must caution both the individuals involved. You also need to ask the new goalkeeper to leave the field of play so that the substitution can be completed properly. Then restart with a corner kick.
John Bowers wins the shirt.
2) Your assistant is guilty of improper conduct – it's totally unacceptable behaviour: officials have to be impartial and totally transparent. Replace him with the fourth official, find a qualified replacement fourth official if possible, and report the full facts to the appropriate authorities.
Thanks to Peter Conway.
3) It's a goal. Why penalise the attacking side by disallowing it? Show the defender a yellow card, not a red: he is guilty of unsporting behaviour, but clearly not guilty of preventing a goal. Thanks to Simon Cole.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

1)You are in effect 'a goalpost with a whistle', so play on. Include the incident in your report, and phone the chairman of the local sunday league to let him know you'll be reffing there for a while.

2) Make him change, report him. Or let everyone else have steelies too, and make sure your back's turned when they 'tackle' the keeper.

3) Speak to the local cops. If they're satisfied there's no danger, play on. Then punch the police chief, because all cops are bastards.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Semprini posted:

1)You are in effect 'a goalpost with a whistle', so play on. Include the incident in your report, and phone the chairman of the local sunday league to let him know you'll be reffing there for a while.

2) Make him change, report him. Or let everyone else have steelies too, and make sure your back's turned when they 'tackle' the keeper.

3) Speak to the local cops. If they're satisfied there's no danger, play on. Then punch the police chief, because all cops are bastards.

As a goalpost the keeper has effectively taken two touches with a goal kick. That said use common sense and play on.

Make him change and reprimand the 4th official?

Play on if you feel there's no danger. Report to uefa.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1. You do nothing. As far as you're concerned, you're part of the pitch. If it ends up being a decisive moment in the game, apologise to the losing team's manager and include your own idiocy in your report.

2. Make him change the boots, include in report.

3. Let play continue after consulting stewards and security, but if crowd gets worse, stop game. Write scathing report, recommend massive fine and points deduction for the team with racist oval office supporters.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If safety due to crowd aggression is an issue, can't the ref/governing body award a 3-0 win to the away team anyway if the game is abandoned? I remember this happening before, I think maybe in the Inter-Milan CL quarterfinal the one year when there were all the flares and stuff.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1) The ball never touched another player. Yes, you're an idiot (you should not even be there on a GK in the first place), but now you have to award an IDFK to the attacking team. Hopefully they'll show some sportsmanship and just knock it out of play.

2) Ask him to remove it. Document accordingly.

3) play on, document in report, blah blah

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

vyelkin posted:

If safety due to crowd aggression is an issue, can't the ref/governing body award a 3-0 win to the away team anyway if the game is abandoned? I remember this happening before, I think maybe in the Inter-Milan CL quarterfinal the one year when there were all the flares and stuff.

Yeah it happens more often than you think. 3-0 is the score if the game is abandoned, though it could just as easily be the home side for other reasons.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Semprini posted:

1)Say your sorry and give them a free kick?
2)Report him and look the other way if there any fouls on him.
3)If there's no danger to the players then play on and have the cops ready to get them out of their when the game ends.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Semprini posted:

1) The keeper can't handle it after taking a goal kick, I think this is an indirect free kick from where he picks it up.

2) Make him change it, mention it in your report.

3) Play on, mention it in your report.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Semprini posted:

1: Play on, make mental note to self to check the schedule for the Doveshire Sunday league because you're a loving muppet. Oh and that's where you'll be reffing after the match report goes in.

2: Caution him, make him change boots, note it in match report.

3: If the stadium security are happy, play on. Note it in your match report.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

1. Play on, write it in your match report, hope you like the Mid-Sussex Football League.

2. Yellow for improper equipment and make him change it. Write it in the match report. Keep your back to him as much as possible.

3. Ask security if they think there's any threat to the players or if you've been transported to Italy. If so, abandon the match and award victory to the away team if possible. If not, play on but keep the cops handy to get the away players out at any moment.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

You can't play on for 1), it's an indirect free kick against the goalkeeper because another player hasn't touched it yet. But yeah the ref would definitely be getting demoted.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Keith Hackett posted:

1) Tempting as it may be, don't show yourself a red card. You are considered part of play and if the ball strikes you so be it – though of course you should never deliberately play the ball. You must penalise the keeper: he has effectively played the ball twice, with no other player having touched it. Restart with an indirect free-kick from where the keeper picked it up.

2) This is an obvious danger to himself and other players. Have him replace the boot – and if you know this is not the same boot he was wearing in the pre-match inspection, show him a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.

3) Stop the game and have an announcement made. If chanting continues, take the players off the field while the ground is cleared, then resume. Had the home side been winning 3-0, abandoning would be a definite option. Report it to the authorities.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
So if the home team is winning it's cool to call the match, but if they are losing they get a chance to even it up (eventually) when play resumes?

That seems backwards.

edit: or does that mean abandoning the match and having the away team win 3-0 for the crowd abuse? I'm missing something obvious here, I know it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

So if the home team is winning it's cool to call the match, but if they are losing they get a chance to even it up (eventually) when play resumes?

That seems backwards.

edit: or does that mean abandoning the match and having the away team win 3-0 for the crowd abuse? I'm missing something obvious here, I know it.

Typically when a game is abandoned due to fan violence the home side is penalized for failing to control their fans. Sometimes this means a replay (usually at a different venue or behind closed doors I think) and sometimes it means a 3-0 win is awarded to the away team. As far as I know it's very rare for the home team to be rewarded in any way for their own fans being cunts.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
So somebody handcuffs themself to the goalpost during the first half...

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Psybro posted:

So somebody handcuffs themself to the goalpost during the first half...

Punch them in the face.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
1. Not a problem. The ball isn't live until it's kicked. You'll often see players do this in windy conditions.

2. If it was intentional, yellow card to both. Not sure how to restart, freekick as it was, maybe?

3. IDK for backpass? Not sure.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
If the last one isn't a backpass, how would it be different from say, the keeper stopping the ball with his foot then pick it up? Or maybe kick the ball very lightly then pick it up?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Would the kick taker have done anything wrong on #2? Hard to think what he'd be booked for - most of the dangerous play rules are defined as things done when challenging for the ball, not when you actually have hit. I suppose you could give it under some catch-all unsporting behaviour clause.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

1. Thats fine, plus its scotty parker
2. just restart the play, getting smashed in the groin is enough no need for a card
3. No loving idea

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

peanut- posted:

Would the kick taker have done anything wrong on #2? Hard to think what he'd be booked for - most of the dangerous play rules are defined as things done when challenging for the ball, not when you actually have hit. I suppose you could give it under some catch-all unsporting behaviour clause.

There is scope for kicking the ball at someone deliberately (e.g. taking an indirect free kick, you can kick it at a defender so that it rebounds back to you and you can play on), but kicking the ball at someone with intent to hurt him (such as in this case, blasting the ball at the player) is a yellow card for the kick taker. I'd probably book the defender for failing to retreat as well and then give a free kick to the defending team.

3) is hilarious. If the keeper deliberately headed the ball onto the crossbar then it's an indirect free kick to the attackers and the keeper gets a yellow for attempting to subvert the backpass rule. If he tried to head it over then I don't think he's actually done anything wrong.

Scikar fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 3, 2012

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
New passage of play when it hits the bar, right? No backpass. Even then it's come off a header (his own) rather than a kicked pass so I don't see a problem.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I was looking through the rules to see what you could book the free kick taker for, and found this rule:

quote:

A goalkeeper is not permitted to touch the ball with his hand inside his own penalty area in the following circumstances:

• if he handles the ball again after it has been released from his possession
and has not touched any other player:

– the goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball by touching
it with any part of his hands or arms except if the ball rebounds
accidentally from him, e.g. after he has made a save
– possession of the ball includes the goalkeeper deliberately parrying the
ball

I really can't imagine what set of circumstances this is describing. It seems like it's saying if a keeper parries a shot that then bounces into the penalty area, they can't then pick it up unless someone else touches it first? Is it just to stop the keeper catching the ball, putting it on the ground to kick it, then picking it up again if an opposing player rushes in?

peanut- fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 3, 2012

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

I think it means the keeper can't punch a cross into the air and then catch it, as opposed to saving it with an open palm and not being able to keep hold of it.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

That little clause is to stop goalkeepers wasting time by catching the ball, holding it for six seconds, then dropping it, dribbling it to another part of the penalty area, and picking it up again for six seconds, over and over again. Once you've had the ball in your arms and dropped it, you can't then pick it up again to throw or kick from hand; you've got to kick it off the floor, and you can't go "oh poo poo pressure" and fall on it to save yourself being hilariously dispossessed.

The parrying clause is just speculative writing to stop barrack-room lawyers from batting the ball around without catching it and then saying "aha, but I haven't caught it, you see, I can catch it and then have six seconds...", it doesn't prevent anything that's done in the spirit of the game.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
1) The kick is not taken until the ball is kicked so there is no handball offence here, but why is he moving it when you've blown the whistle to indicate that it can be taken? Have a word and book him if he persists as he may be wasting time/just being a twat.

2) Fair's fair. Play on.

3) A pass so badly hit that it will go in cannot really be construed properly as a backpass so there is no offence, so long as you're sure the defender hosed it up. If not then it counts as deliberately circumventing the law and is an IFK and a yellow for unsporting conduct against the keeper.

Psybro fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 3, 2012

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

From the mouth / pen of Hackett:

quote:

1) It is not handball as the ball was not in play – but you still need to intervene. When you award an attacking free-kick near the penalty area you go through a clear process: positioning the ball, telling the attacking players to leave it where it is and only take the kick on your signal, then positioning the wall. This player has ignored you, so show him a yellow card for unsporting behaviour, then restart with the original free-kick.

2) Show the defender a yellow card for delaying the restart. And show the kick-taker a red card for violent conduct – this is clearly a deliberately violent act. Restart with a direct free-kick to the defence.

3) Regardless of the keeper's juggling, this is still a deliberate back pass which has been deliberately handled. Award an indirect free-kick to the attacking side, taken from the point where the keeper picked up the ball – or, if that point was inside the six-yard box, from the nearest point on the six-yard line parallel to the goalline.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
The first one's bullshit.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Every so often I reckon someone bets him a tenner that he won't give a perverse-but-technically-justifiable answer.

Trin Tragula fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 6, 2012

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

Trin Tragula posted:

Every so often I reckon someone bets him a tenner that he won't give a perverse-but-technically-correct answer.

What would you have done Trin? It sounds like Hackett's answer is correct, although I'd be surprised if any ref showed a yellow for it.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Trin Tragula posted:

That little clause is to stop goalkeepers wasting time by catching the ball, holding it for six seconds, then dropping it, dribbling it to another part of the penalty area, and picking it up again for six seconds, over and over again. Once you've had the ball in your arms and dropped it, you can't then pick it up again to throw or kick from hand; you've got to kick it off the floor, and you can't go "oh poo poo pressure" and fall on it to save yourself being hilariously dispossessed.

I thought the six seconds was no longer a thing? It used to be 4 steps, then six seconds, but now I thought as long as you weren't obviously taking the piss there was no set limit.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Law 12, page 35 under Indirect Free Kicks:

quote:

An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his
own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:

• controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing
it from his possession

My answer to question 1 is "laugh at the defenders for being clueless and get on with it". The only situations in which I'm going to the pocket are if he's trying to waste time, or if he's actually significantly changed the position of the ball (which it didn't say he'd done, just that he picked it up and put it down again). And even then, if he's done something like moving the ball two yards closer to the wall, I'm likely to say "what's the problem, he's just giving himself less space to get it up and down".

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

1: If he's moved the ball more than a foot or so, award an yellow card for timewasting/unsportsmanlike conduct or whatever. Otherwise, play on.

2: Yellow card both of them for unsportsmanlike conduct. Free kick to the defenders (the attacking yellow card happened after the defending one).

3: Still a backpass. No room for tricky dicky keepers in mah football! :colbert:

(IDFK to the attacking team from where the goalkeeper handled it.)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Fire everyone

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
dont know about you guys but i could really go for some electric corn flakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
1) Game on

2) Go back to the first advantage but hand out yellow cards if players of either team deserve them

3) No goal and free kick to defending team. The striker being in an offside position clearly played a part in the goal

• Locked thread