Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

InfinEight posted:

That is the stuff of nightmares right there :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Sockser posted:

haha I've never owned all that many SW sets. What did the heads used to look like?

Mine had pure yellow heads, while Boba Fett had a pure black head. I remember that I liked the scout troopers because they looked like they were wearing some bitchin' shades with the helmets off.

Turgid Phalanx
Aug 22, 2005

Fooley posted:

That was in the back of my head but yeah, that's a very good point.

Lego Creator Roaring Roadsters 4896
Lego Creator Prehistoric Power set 4892
Lego Racers Enzo Ferrari 1:17 scale 8652
Lego Racers Ferrari 430 Spider 1:17 scale 8671
2 gallon bags of assorted lego parts and minifigures.

I know the Ferarri stuff holds its value pretty well, and creator sets are always awesome. At $40 for the above, I should jump all over this, yes?

How bad is it that I want the Enzo just so I have an excuse to make Top Gear UK minifigs to stand around it?

I should be getting my Tie Defender this afternoon. I'm trying to decide if I want to put it together first, or just jump into trying to convert it into a Tie Interceptor.

Edit: Hammond would be given the dwarf length legs.

Turgid Phalanx fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 9, 2012

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Turgid Phalanx posted:

I should be getting my Tie Defender this afternoon. I'm trying to decide if I want to put it together first, or just jump into trying to convert it into a Tie Interceptor.

Dunno how well this would work if you're just pulling from the kit only. It's wing bits are too small to do an interceptor effectively.

Turgid Phalanx
Aug 22, 2005

Torael_7 posted:

Dunno how well this would work if you're just pulling from the kit only. It's wing bits are too small to do an interceptor effectively.

drat, I don't have to many spare black and grey pieces since I've just started getting back into this.

draftstyle
Jan 19, 2005
I found this in the same channel as the space pimp video posted above. It is...not similar to that video.

A man, his LEGO, and his imagination:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqMnKaeOU0s

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp
Well I bit the bullet and bought Tantive IV. It's an interesting enough build and although the rear section could have been really repetitive, it didn't turn out as such.
The only criticism I have of it is that it's not the most stable model in the world. It's difficult to pick up without having bits fall off and it could really do with a carrying handle like seen in the vindicator class thingy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Canis Ex Machina posted:

Eh, I thought he was missing a little something.

So I made him a pimp cane.

It's held together by his hand though, so he can't put it down without breaking it.

They called me Mister Glass!

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Torael_7 posted:

The wings are just fine (especially since he'll have a spare one to cannibalize), the problem is mounting them. It will take some extra pieces to attach them straight to the cockpit instead of the rear mount the Defender uses.

Edit: here, have some crappy cellphone pics, http://imgur.com/a/IBibd. The wing mount grew over time as i got more spare bits from other sets, but the first version was made only with pieces from the the Defender and V-Wing sets.

fezball fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 9, 2012

Turgid Phalanx
Aug 22, 2005

fezball posted:

The wings are just fine (especially since he'll have a spare one to cannibalize), the problem is mounting them. It will take some extra pieces to attach them straight to the cockpit instead of the rear mount the defender uses.

Edit: here, have some crappy cellphone pics, http://imgur.com/a/IBibd. The wing mount grew over time as i got more spare bits from other sets, but the first version was made only with pieces from the the Defender and V-Wing sets.

That's reassuring, thanks for the pics.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
So I manage the toy department at one of the huge Kroger stores, and we have our biyearly reset of product. A lot of our lego section is going to be included in it so we can get some of the newer lines in. Included in it will be most of the original line of Ninjago, Harry Potter, Alien Conquest, the last City line, and assorted creator and other small sets. I was just wondering if any of you would like me to pick up some of them after we mark them down to get rid of them (we go 50% off closeout, which is 30% off)? I'm only getting the Alien Tripod for myself but love reading this thread so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Oh hey, that's a female minifig garbage collector too. Awesome.
She's just supervising.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I got my Pudsy Bear today, it's the cutest goddamn thing.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Slightly bigger than the original kit...

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Dead Alice posted:

Slightly bigger than the original kit...

quote:

GIANT LEGO ROBOT $1 RESERVE!

* ESTIMATED 10,000 PIECES
* STANDS AT 800CM TALL
* HAS ELECTRONIC WIRING ( I THINK IT MAY WALK NOT SURE)
* A MUST FOR ANY LEGO ENTHUSIAST
* HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN BUILD ANOTHER ARM AND GET THE ELECTRONIC PART WORKING

***ONLY $1 RESERVE***

IS VERY HEAVY WOULD PREFER PICK UP.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

MaliciousOnion posted:

I build MOC's with Quattro, what of it?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

MaliciousOnion posted:

I'm relatively certain I could drive it myself if that were the case. That's... quite a typo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ineptmule posted:

That is the stuff of nightmares right there :cry:

Space pimp has to have his freaky space hos.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

FOund at Target for 50% off. Not a huge savings, but still!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Sockser posted:

FOund at Target for 50% off. Not a huge savings, but still!

I found the most recent Fire Station at Walmart today for $40. This pissed me off because I paid full price for it not a month and a half ago.

But then my daughter was playing with it the other day and the firemen were all having lunch at the Creator house and riding the see-saw, so I calmed down.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

But then my daughter was playing with it the other day and the firemen were all having lunch at the Creator house and riding the see-saw, so I calmed down.

One has a see-saw? WHICH?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Dead Alice posted:

One has a see-saw? WHICH?

Uh, the two-story townhouse one, I think? It's in the side-yard.

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?

Trent posted:

Oh my god I love this and need to order parts for it right now.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Dead Alice posted:

I build MOC's with Quattro, what of it?

I sometimes dream of using older Lego instructions(simpler pieces) and building them with Duplo or Quattro.

ChocolateMoose
Feb 10, 2011
I finally got all the minifig parts to make my Valkyrie Squad

I guess it time to go to the cellar,get all my old lego and build shuttles,and tanks and mechs and whatnot for those little ladies...

Bonus pic - Fighting down an alien ambush :)

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

ChocolateMoose posted:

I guess it time to go to the cellar,get all my old lego and build shuttles,and tanks and mechs and whatnot for those little ladies...

Yep, we definitely needed new minifigs. :rolleyes:

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

ChocolateMoose posted:

I love this. I was a little disappointed when I got a second of those minifigs instead of one I didn't already have but now I would be happy to have as many as possible because now I want to do this.

pad thai hi-five
Aug 11, 2003

Oven Wrangler
Just finished building the Grand Emporium, which made me go back to my modular house stuff.

Decided to add something to mix up a row of buildings.

I'm parting it out and ordering from bricklink, will post the finished build.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Intoxication posted:

Just finished building the Grand Emporium, which made me go back to my modular house stuff.

It looks good. I hope you'll be adding a hobo minifig or at least some feral cats.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

ChocolateMoose posted:

ChocolateMoose knows what is up.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

ChocolateMoose posted:

Is there a matching male body? I want to buy a bunch of these and do some X-COM mocs...

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Trent posted:

This is my favorite of them all.

ChocolateMoose
Feb 10, 2011

Fooley posted:

Is there a matching male body? I want to buy a bunch of these and do some X-COM mocs...

I guess you can use the marines for the "alien conquest" sets (blue bodies) or the spaceman (white) for the first minfig series

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Or wait for the Space Marine in series 7.

Interlude
Jan 24, 2001

Guns are basically hand fedoras.
Finished assembling Cafe Corner from bricklink + pick-a-brick and not a day too soon it seems, thread on Eurobricks says someone bought out all the red roof tiles from Lego. I think it's this jerk.

The prices for even some of the basic parts have doubled or tripled. That 1x8x2 dark blue arch is now $15-35 bucks for one loving piece, which is at least quasi-understandable since it's out of production, but the 2x4x3 window frames are not worth $1.50 each and 2x10 brown bricks are up to $3.95 each, lulz.

Edit: $34-52 for the bley door. :rolleyes:

vrunt
Jul 4, 2003

the great trollini

Intoxication posted:

That's genius, man. I'm going to try to find parts to build something similar.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Fooley posted:

I have this set and the pink astro-chick, and they seem like a good match-up.

Edit: It's $4.99 on Amazon, go for it!

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Dammit.

I grabbed the Lunar Limo for slightly less than RRP (incl delivery) online on Thursday, and today I saw it on clearance at a store in town for just less than half what I paid.

Now; do I want two, or should I try to flip it online to recoup the original price? Decisions decisions...

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

You want two.

Why is that even a question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toochilled
Apr 3, 2003

Pretentious Turtle posted:

I got my Pudsy Bear today, it's the cutest goddamn thing.

I picked up a few of these the other day, 99p in ASDA!, and can confirm it is one of the cutest sets ever. My wife has already spirited one away for her desk at work. Good piece count in that nice yellow too.