Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sanschel posted:

It's the leadup to Toy Fair, and there's a new Batman movie this year. That means more ridiculous tie-in toys!

"What the gently caress have you done to me, Lucius :stare:"

:batstare:

That somehow looks worse than the mid 90's Kenner figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Just you wait til it's in the movie and he drills the gently caress out of Bane's face with it.

Then you will all want it!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

How else is Bruce going to keep eyes off him? Drill for his own metals!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Vaerai Archon posted:

:batstare:

That somehow looks worse than the mid 90's Kenner figures.

I had to really look at that picture quite a few times before I was willing to accept that it WASNT a mid-90s Kenner figure. I swear to god one of the Predator figures is wearing that getup.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hopefully we'll never see a Nolan Batman in neon orange, though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I had to really look at that picture quite a few times before I was willing to accept that it WASNT a mid-90s Kenner figure. I swear to god one of the Predator figures is wearing that getup.
Kinda similar, but not quite.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
The Nolan movie tie in stuff is always totally bizarre. Remember all the weird merchandise with Heath Ledger's Joker all over it? Like, coloring books and poo poo?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

The_Doctor posted:

Hopefully we'll never see a Nolan Batman in neon orange, though.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Obivously the garishly coloured Batman figures are a homage to the 1957 issue of Detective Comics, featuring the story of "The Rainbow Batman" :colbert:

Seriously, even when I was a kid in the 90s, I never understood some of those differently coloured Batman figures with the gimmicky accessories...

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Has there ever been a kid who actually wanted an orange Batman? Like instead of a regular Batman or even in addition to one? Certainly when I was little I just wanted the toy that looked like the character on TV. I remember being frustrated that it was so hard to find the original He-Man, because I broke mine when I was like 4 and I wanted a new one, but the only He-Man figures in stores were these lovely alternate versions. When my parents managed to track one down, it was the best day ever!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Got a package in the mail from snacksmaniac, thanks dude! A+ goon would goon again.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
First Joe purchase in a while

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Joe Fisto posted:

First Joe purchase in a while

Yeesh, had no idea these were even out yet.

Time for the search!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
If any of you are On The Hunt for the new Marvel Legends figures, you can use this Target site to enter in your zip code to see if your Target has them. At the moment they're scheduled to hit the floor on 2/24 for whatever reason but if your Target has them in stock, you can get an employee to go in the back and grab the box for you.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Lepecard posted:

Yeesh, had no idea these were even out yet.

Time for the search!

Good luck...they're tough to find.

(as someone who troop builds, I bought one of these and kept it MOC, I hate the idea of it)

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

sba posted:

Good luck...they're tough to find.

(as someone who troop builds, I bought one of these and kept it MOC, I hate the idea of it)

I don't think anything will be worse than when I was trying to hunt down the PoC Alley Viper from awhile back.

I know this makes some people furious but i'll admit i've bent a few cards on the more sought after figures I come across.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Louisgod posted:

If any of you are On The Hunt for the new Marvel Legends figures, you can use this Target site to enter in your zip code to see if your Target has them. At the moment they're scheduled to hit the floor on 2/24 for whatever reason but if your Target has them in stock, you can get an employee to go in the back and grab the box for you.

Thanks! All the Targets in my area had them and I walked out a happy customer with a new set of Legends!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

therealjon_ posted:

Thanks! All the Targets in my area had them and I walked out a happy customer with a new set of Legends!

Lucky, none here in Oregon and I'm wanting a Hope and variant Ghost Rider.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Welp, out of stock across the board at 85018. :sigh:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Lepecard posted:

I don't think anything will be worse than when I was trying to hunt down the PoC Alley Viper from awhile back.

Sorry :\ (You should have seen how many I passed on)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sba fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 10, 2012

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's heeeere! :D

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why are you not posting a picture of the actual figure? I need to see it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Haha, sorry bout that, had to go out but I got some shots now. This figure is pure perfection -- everything one would want in a Batman based on the 89 movie. If my little 6 year old self could see something like this i'd fly through the roof. The Hot Toys PERS system is insane, you have to see it in person. The eyes look so loving REAL. My friend said it was freaky when I moved them and that it's almost too realistic, haha.

Little blurry. :(

Amazing box. :3:

YUP! Comes with a way of showing the Bat Signal!

Extra mouths.

"Where does he get those wonderful toys?" Why... Hot Toys of course!

The wheels move as you twist these around, great craftsmanship as expected.

PERS instructions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Bj_So1PuA

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 11, 2012

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That is utterly fantastic. I swore off buying 'tat' a few years back but by god, if anything could make my resolve crumble, that could. They even threw in his Batmobile shields remote and that silly extending palm/crotch-punch thing?

Wow.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sold. And with the '89 Batmobile coming too, that's gonna be amazing.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
You make me want to give up my 6 inch figures and take up real dolls. Terrible.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Use coupon code "Valentine2012" by the end of the month to get $25 off and begin down this awesome path of the most detailed figures ever made. :D

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bushifox posted:

You make me want to give up my 6 inch figures and take up real dolls. Terrible.
Well at least it isn't realdolls. :stonk:

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Looks like a "Modern Mystique" will be one of the figures in the relaunched Marvel Legends 3 line. Other than that, there isn't any news on the Marvel Legends front from Toy Fair.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Lego's getting in the Marvel superhero business too. First lines are based on the Avengers movie.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

MooselanderII posted:

Looks like a "Modern Mystique" will be one of the figures in the relaunched Marvel Legends 3 line. Other than that, there isn't any news on the Marvel Legends front from Toy Fair.

Well at least they are doing rereleases of stuff that needs it. The original Mystique is rubbish. Between that and the Select classic Ultron it looks like it is going to be a good year for plugging holes in the collection.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
More NYTF reveals...

Line-up for DCUC Infinite Earths subscriptions:

Poison Ivy: date to be announced
Black Mask: date to be announced
Platinum and Tin: date to be announced
Flash 1: Available 4/16 2012
Metron with Mobius Chair: Available 4/16 only to subscribers of Club Infinite Earths
Atrocitus: Available 5/15
Starman: Available 6/15
Mirror Master: Available 7/16
First oversized figure: Rocket Red

And in surprising news, Mattel will actually put out many of the previously-canceled final JLU figures, including Vandal Savage, Firefly, Toyman, Dr. Destiny, Static and Blue Beetle. Released in 3-packs, $30 a pop, which isn't cheap but is less than the 3-for-$50 pricepoint Mattel had floated at one point last year.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh poo poo, I might have to get one of those. Static is one of my favourite characters, and I'd hoped he'd get a figure before too long. Only taken about 15 years... Next up, Anarky!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Some closer picks of DC stuff here; that Moebius Chair is huge and goofy and I love it. And check out the little Action League Larfleeze :3:

Four Horsemen also had Toypocalypse set up; those vampire queens look awesome. Nobody does animal heads like those guys.

PlayArts Kai Mass Effect 3 figures. Soon you can have Garrus calibrating on your desk.

Also, showcasing the best that Japan has to offer, Ame-Comi Brainiac :gonk:

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 13, 2012

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Holy crap. The New 52 DCU figures look GODAWFUL. They actually managed to make the new costumes look WORSE.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo, I might have to get one of those. Static is one of my favourite characters, and I'd hoped he'd get a figure before too long. Only taken about 15 years... Next up, Anarky!

Upon further review of better pictures, it's Old Man Static from the JLU cartoon, not a "proper" Static. Still a badass figure.

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...
ok that ame-comi braniac thing is just loving weird. Also I am actually suspecting it was a sculpt of something else and they thought "can we make this sculpt a dc anime chick...her skin is green. Brainiac, let's go with him"

Seriously, the green skin is the ONLY thing that statue has in common with Braniac.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I am the happiest toy collector right now, knowing I have a chance in hell of getting my long-awaited JLU Blue Beetle (and Guy Gardner!), and at a better price than Matty originally threatened us with. I'm so glad I didn't get into bidding wars on some of those smudgy-painted stolen Chinese factory prototypes that sold for hundreds on eBay.

DCUC Rocket Red is a pleasant surprise for this lifelong JLI fan, but I hate that they didn't go with Dmitri's original Rocket Red Brigade armor, his unique Apokalips armor, or Gavril's armor from JL: Generation Lost, instead going with the generic updated armor design from 52.

Nilryna
Jan 2, 2004

=^o^=
That Poison Ivy looks pretty awesome. Still glad I didn't go for the subscription. Attempting to get it from the site is going to be absolute hell, but none of the other figures really appeal to me in the least, so I'm still content with my chances--in theory. :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So as someone who didn't get the subscription, how hard/expensive is it going to be for me to get that Poison Ivy figure? :ohdear:

Also NECA confirmed that they're doing figures for 'Prometheus', as well as a bunch of new Alien-series figures including Marine characters from 'Aliens' including Hicks. :aaa:
They've also heavily implied that they're doing an 'Aliens' Queen figure, too.

My money, NECA. Take it. Just... take it all.