Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Haukadalur Geezer posted:

A Cool Game. I was just trying to do a few missions during lunch at work, instead I ended up getting kicked twice in a row by PunkBuster.
Dethreated from Silver to Green in about 3 minutes total.

This is literally a blessing. I've been green for about 2 weeks, it's p. sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I got reset to gold again last night :negative:

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:
My threat level has still been gold throughout all these patches and threat changes :shepicide:

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
I get reset to gold every patch, but it only takes about 10 minutes to get back to green.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

Pedestrian Xing posted:

Thanks to the ini tweaks and the old shaders lessthanthree posted, I can now get barely passable FPS! :toot: Might try to play tonight, what time do people start getting on?

What old shaders? I'm getting lovely FPS on my work laptop and would love to check this out. I've been searching but I can't seem to find the post you are talking about.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Haukadalur Geezer posted:

What old shaders? I'm getting lovely FPS on my work laptop and would love to check this out. I've been searching but I can't seem to find the post you are talking about.

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/242976-rtw-shader-restoration-project/

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Trip Report: The tommy gun is fun as hell. Its like the love child of an OCA and a SHAW. Its got a 50 round drum, though the one from armas has the reload level 3 mod so it ends up with 37. Its fantastic up close, awful at range, has heavy recoil, and tears up vehicles. If they put a 3-slotted non-pink one on the market Ill definitely buy one.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
I love the sound it makes.

I do not like the ear-piercing coin sound when you kill someone.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Is whatshername streaming again tonight?

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Great Beer posted:

Trip Report: The tommy gun is fun as hell. Its like the love child of an OCA and a SHAW. Its got a 50 round drum, though the one from armas has the reload level 3 mod so it ends up with 37. Its fantastic up close, awful at range, has heavy recoil, and tears up vehicles. If they put a 3-slotted non-pink one on the market Ill definitely buy one.

I've taken to describing it as a SHAW Scout.

E: Yeah, that's me.

TerminalSaint fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 10, 2012

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I saw someone (Taikee, i think) describe it as such in game earlier. Was that you?

E;
Regarding fight club, they need to re-think how it does rewards for threat levels. There arent enough FC players for the district selection to work properly so you get a ton of Gold players dogpiling the silver/bronze districts instead since those are the only ones with players. They should change the threat penalties to be based on the player you killed instead of by district. Having 4 golds beating the poo poo out of 10 bronze/silvers isnt fun.

Great Beer fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 10, 2012

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Can anyone give me some info on the differences between the 10 day valentines day colby shotgun and the regular colby PR1/2? Aside from the different weapons mods that is.

It somehow seems to have far better range when shot using marksman, and of course the better central spread. Kind of nice it also twoshots like a jg.

Really hit or miss with how effective I am with it, then again waterfront is not very cqc friendly.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
I don't know guys, should I be worried? :ohdear:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dude, you're hosed.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Gasoline posted:

My gran worked at GCHQ in like, the 60s. That means shes an awesome old spy like in Red right? I'll ask her to deal with this guy.

SniperX
Feb 10, 2011

Great Beer posted:

Having 4 golds beating the poo poo out of 10 bronze/silvers isnt fun.

You are playing the game wrong if you don't think that is fun.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

SniperX posted:

You are playing the game wrong if you don't think that is fun.

Having been on both sides of that I can honestly say its not fun. If you're curbstomping newbies its boring since there's no challenge, just like getting stomped by three or four coordinated golds is no fun siince I can barely get a shot off before getting hvr'd by a guy whose forehead stuck out from behind a crate 100 yards away.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Gasoline posted:

Oh poo poo son. The government is going to get you!

This game is like a goldmine of easily provoked players. Couple days ago I had a crazed russian shouting in VOIP so hard their microphone must've exploded.

Here a some tracks to those of you about to go roaming around San Paro (Warning: Explicit Lyrics. Do not listen while operating heavy machinery):

Rifle Burs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrU_ef7DQgs

IMDABES - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
So I just started not 10 minutes ago and supposedly -just- after making my character it tells me tutorial is complete and that I am now in the middle of being killed constantly. Fun times so far :razz:
Guess learning through fire time~

IntrensicDenial I spelled Intrinsic wrong :eng99: Remade the character under IntrinsicDenial.

And I have realized it is so painfully obvious when people have sniper aimbots, holy poo poo.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 11, 2012

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Gasoline posted:

This is why APB will always be one of the best MMOs on the market.

nifty1
Feb 9, 2010

Secret Sweater posted:

I get reset to gold every patch, but it only takes about 10 minutes to get back to green.

Is it possible to dethreat like this if you have a high certainty value?

I've been gold for forever. It's fine when I play my criminal but I started a brand new Enforcer character and it's not very fun when you have no stuff. My friends got carried to gold threat and now we get completely owned when we play other gold groups or when we have to go 2v5 against bronze and silvers it just takes one guy in that group who has dethreated to make most outnumbered matches unwinnable.

Also I was asking about the different HVRs earlier. I had some left over points so I bought the valentines hvr scout. I don't like it that much, I prefer to use a 1 slotted hvr with the fast weapon switching mod and do the pistol > hvr two shot combo.

I wish I spent those points on the tommy gun, some guy was owning my team with it earlier and it seems pretty awesome.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Great Beer posted:

Having been on both sides of that I can honestly say its not fun. If you're curbstomping newbies its boring since there's no challenge, just like getting stomped by three or four coordinated golds is no fun siince I can barely get a shot off before getting hvr'd by a guy whose forehead stuck out from behind a crate 100 yards away.

I went to a gold district tonight and that's what happened. It was sad little shut in is a big man on the internet central. I guess it got me back to silver but its amazing what a bunch of shitheels the apb community at large is. TF2 is free and you dont encounter nearly the level of arrogant fuckhead. Also everyone literally everyone in the gold district who has a joker scrolls, same for obeya.

nifty1 posted:

I started a brand new Enforcer character and it's not very fun when you have no stuff. My friends got carried to gold threat
just email your mods and agents to yourself

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So I appear to be getting chumped at every turn by people who seem to be able to gun me down in three shots from unfeasible distances, while I can barely take somebody down point blank with sustained fire.

What's the secret here? Just get stomped until I can afford not-poo poo gear?

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

nifty1 posted:

I wish I spent those points on the tommy gun, some guy was owning my team with it earlier and it seems pretty awesome.

Tommy gun isn't really good. It's got a massive kick, so you need to drag your mouse down constantly while firing or else you'll be looking at the sky in a few shots.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Cabbit posted:

So I appear to be getting chumped at every turn by people who seem to be able to gun me down in three shots from unfeasible distances, while I can barely take somebody down point blank with sustained fire.

What's the secret here? Just get stomped until I can afford not-poo poo gear?

good fps, low ping and ability to anticipate which direction people are moving. good use of cover, awareness of your radar.

keeb
Sep 24, 2003
The Shocker
Why do goons think everyone scroll wheels with the Joker Carbine? It's a pretty sloppy method of dominating unless you have a special mouse designed for scroll wheeling. I thought the last patch would stop the Joker whines, but guess it's still an amazing gun eh?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I think it's the "huh?!" drop-dead deaths you suffer against any weapon randomly combined with a bajillion people using it (with CJ3 :lol:), but the Obeya has it beat in everything but reload times when used on the field, scrolling or not. Hell, you can reliably sit on top of the Beacon and scroll-snipe people on the ground with the CR72.

Next in line for a TTK adjustment?

e: Figured that server FPS turned out to have a lot to do with weapon and damage calculations, explains the can't kill for poo poo in some, is a god in other that so experience.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 11, 2012

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
Don't touch my obeya

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Captain Swing posted:

Tommy gun isn't really good. It's got a massive kick, so you need to drag your mouse down constantly while firing or else you'll be looking at the sky in a few shots.

Treat it like a sprintable lmg and you're fine. Much better in marksman to compensate for the recoil.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh man the valentine's day STAR is everything I hoped for. Aside from HVRs (Which I'm not on speaking terms with right now) the STAR is my favourite gun, I already have a bright pink outfit with hearts and a matching car months before valentines day, gently caress me I need to get the nine trillion kills to get a buyable version because uuugh it's just so good.

E: Also the valentines day tag mod would be great for a team sniper. Instead of (or as well as) calling tags, enemies you've shot will be highlighted for a reasonable amount of time so people'll know who to shoot.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 11, 2012

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

QQmore posted:

Treat it like a sprintable lmg and you're fine. Much better in marksman to compensate for the recoil.

I dont even bother with marksman mode unless I have a short range area to guard where I know someones going to come up. So pretty much just the stairs on Beacon. Otherwise I get as close as possible while jumping around like a psycho and spraying bullets.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

Tommy gun owns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQlvjgvZq2I

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I am downloading this now on Steam. Is the OP still relevant? Especially the contact info for the goon guild-whatevers?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

The Dregs posted:

I am downloading this now on Steam. Is the OP still relevant? Especially the contact info for the goon guild-whatevers?

Yeah. Nobody plays Crim though.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

TerminalSaint posted:

Tommy gun owns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQlvjgvZq2I

:stare:

I haven't heard the female pain cries today, that's pretty drat amazing. The tommy gun seems a ton of fun, I haven't really come up against it that much but in the right hands it seems pretty devastating. Great noise, too!

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Well, it is really down to how well you can control the recoil. I am pretty bad at that, so I can only really score tommy gun kills against people who don't aim good. In that footage, the recoil was being compensated for amazingly. If it was footage of me using that gun, the aim would be shaking as much as if I had parkinsons :v:

I'm just hoping aimbotters don't get their hands on this thing, seeing as aimbots don't care about recoil...

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Holy poo poo this game is confusing to just jump into. Like 6 emails to sort through right when you jump in, with too much info to process. So I am just running all over the place gunning people down until I run out of bullets.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

I should note that I've been using the ALIG and SHAW pretty much exclusively since I first unlocked them. You're looking at months of recoil control practice there.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

The Dregs posted:

Holy poo poo this game is confusing to just jump into. Like 6 emails to sort through right when you jump in, with too much info to process. So I am just running all over the place gunning people down until I run out of bullets.

The e-mail (aside from the first one with your grenades) is all useless lore crap. Don't bother.

edit: Except right now you should also get a pink STAR and Colby. Use those. :3: What's your character's name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Is there some sort of guide on how to make money/who to pledge to first for enforcer nubs? It seems all the stuff I can find are for crims...

I'm in as catigern for now

• Locked thread