Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

weed

the hollow earth is full of weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
iirc, first contact was an amazing movie.

I am reluctant to rewatch it for fear that I will lose that conviction.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

coaxmetal posted:

iirc, first contact was an amazing movie.

I am reluctant to rewatch it for fear that I will lose that conviction.

nah, its a great action flick and while it introduces some flawed ideas its still fun to watch

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

that awful man posted:

weed

the hollow earth is full of weed

brb, digging a hole

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

I was thinking the other day that there really oughta be more books & movies about the hollow earth and what strange and exciting things might be there

it's all p much been done ages ago homeboy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sharpe_Shaver

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kirk posted:

holy poo poo people unironically recommended that cartoon

gently caress you

gently caress you

don't you go to star trek conventions or some poo poo?

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

watching tng for the first time (minus a few random eps i caught on air and an episode my philosophy teacher showed in class).

so far it's been a bunch of good sci fi short stories :waycool:

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!
I went to a star traks convetions once, I saw Riker sitting at a table but I'd gotten there too late to get a ticket for an autograph

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

LooseChanj posted:

I went to a star traks convetions once, I saw Riker sitting at a table but I'd gotten there too late to get a ticket for an autograph

:glomp:

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Deuterieux posted:

brb, digging a hole

hey man did your username change slightly recently?

if so, why?

toby
Dec 4, 2002

LooseChanj posted:

were you all like

HEY RIKER, NICE TABLE SHITLORD

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tng is okay i enjoy tos much more tho

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

tng is okay i enjoy tos much more tho

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you.

rotor posted:

I was thinking the other day that there really oughta be more books & movies about the hollow earth and what strange and exciting things might be there

For a while it seemed like "Fringe" was going to be about hollow earth things and I was super jazzed about that but then it turned out to be this parallel universe crap and Walter is the cause for EVERYTHING and I guess it's been on a steady decline since the end of season 1.

Best part of Fringe for me so far was when the main actress asks "Could it be that Cortexofan has stunted my emotions?" and it's so obvious that it's the writers way of dealing with the fact that she is such a lovely actress

unleash the unicorn fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Feb 12, 2012

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
she got alot better as did the show although i havent seen whatever the most recent season is (yet i guess, but imo it was headed in the wrong direction again)

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

toby posted:

were you all like

HEY RIKER, NICE TABLE SHITLORD

it weas more like HEY NICE SHIRT JERK, as it was the early 90s and no one was saying shitlord yet

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!
he really did have a nice shirt on srsly

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!
I kinda wish I'd gotten a ticket so I coulda asked him what kind it was

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

LooseChanj posted:

he really did have a nice shirt on srsly

i can find it but someone post the image where he's wearing an anime tshirt

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

unleash the unicorn posted:

For a while it seemed like "Fringe" was going to be about hollow earth things and I was super jazzed about that but then it turned out to be this parallel universe crap and Walter is the cause for EVERYTHING and I guess it's been on a steady decline since the end of season 1.

Best part of Fringe for me so far was when the main actress asks "Could it be that Cortexofan has stunted my emotions?" and it's so obvious that it's the writers way of dealing with the fact that she is such a lovely actress

i watched about half of the first season of this. i was p psyched to have some x-files type show going but it turns out that none of the characters are likeable aside from the old man jokes 'oops i pissed myself'

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FEMA summer camp posted:

hey man did your username change slightly recently?

if so, why?

• it needed a few more vowels
   • slightly more sciency
   • i needed bit more obfuscation w/r/t my actual name¹

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

¹ genie, bottle, &c.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
watched teh blu-ray TNG eps

the good: omg so crisp i love it and the audio aaaa i can see all these details and omg the stars when they drop out of warp intentionally had a rainbow effect i thought it was just lovely vhs transfers and holy poo poo the klingon uniforms have like rubber on them aaaaaa i can see what kind of material they made the uniforms out of and oh man look at that ship and holy poo poo the sfx

the bad: holy poo poo worf sweats all the time

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Kirk posted:

watched teh blu-ray TNG eps

the good: omg so crisp i love it and the audio aaaa i can see all these details and omg the stars when they drop out of warp intentionally had a rainbow effect i thought it was just lovely vhs transfers and holy poo poo the klingon uniforms have like rubber on them aaaaaa i can see what kind of material they made the uniforms out of and oh man look at that ship and holy poo poo the sfx

the bad: holy poo poo worf sweats all the time

i'm okay with klingons being a sweaty race

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
also

seeing frakes in person a couple years ago i was like "drat nigga u aged", but then seeing him in HD from 1990 and then comparing that to what i saw in person, he hasn't aged as badly as i thought

but stewart

oh man

don't ever let anyone tell you that patrick stewart hasn't aged much since 1990

acuse holy gently caress he has

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
also i started watching

babylon 5 :(

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

lol

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i have no purpose or direction in life so i am willing to waste the precious time that i have left before death to watch as many episodes as necessary before it "gets good"

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

unleash the unicorn posted:

her counterpart from the other universe is likable and more human. So yeah, it's part of the character

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0
Dec 23, 2002

by T. Butt

Kirk posted:

i have no purpose or direction in life so i am willing to waste the precious time that i have left before death to watch as many episodes as necessary before it "gets good"

just so you know, it's not that the show got better as it goes along

it's that the horrible nerds that love it got more and more desperate for it to be good as time passed

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0 posted:

just so you know, it's not that the show got better as it goes along

it's that the horrible nerds that love it got more and more desperate for it to be good as time passed

android: the last generation

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

her counterpart from the other universe is likable and more human. So yeah, it's part of the character

it's weird how distinct those roles are, like you can immediately separate the two

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kirk posted:

babylon 5 :(
owned

i'm going to spoil the entire series and tell you that the big reveal is that the entire universe runs on the "law vs. chaos" chapter of the first edition advanced dungeons and dragons players handbook by e gary gygax, and the big climax involves the series creator's mary sue character telling two warring omnipotent elder races to knock it off and grow up

once youre done with that, be sure and watch the terrible follow-on series (crusade) and the wretched spin-off movies

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you.

theflyingexecutive posted:

it's weird how distinct those roles are, like you can immediately separate the two

It's almost as if they have different color hair

she's horrible in all universes

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Shaggar posted:

asimov owns the most

J. Vance best writer.

S. Lem number II spot.

Also, agreedo that 99% of Anime is trash, but I saw Wings of Honneamise at a film festival and it was kinda good as [a] it could easily have been live-action and [b] did nothing with the usual anime tropes.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kirk posted:

don't ever let anyone tell you that patrick stewart hasn't aged much since 1990

acuse holy gently caress he has

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

J. Vance best writer.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

J. Vance best writer.

S. Lem number II spot.

Also, agreedo that 99% of Anime is trash, but I saw Wings of Honneamise at a film festival and it was kinda good as [a] it could easily have been live-action and [b] did nothing with the usual anime tropes.

id like to nominate this movie for "most uncomfortable and out of place rape scene in an anime and thats really saying something because holy poo poo japan what the gently caress is wrong with you, not everything needs a rape"

honorary runner up goes to the cowboy bebop movie

dear japan: enough with the rapes

no really

loving stop it

you treat rape like its a loving every day thing with no significant impact

cut that poo poo out

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

NINbuntu 64 posted:

id like to nominate this movie for "most uncomfortable and out of place rape scene in an anime and thats really saying something because holy poo poo japan what the gently caress is wrong with you, not everything needs a rape"

no really

loving stop it

cut that poo poo out

talking about anime. 2nd offence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

NINbuntu 64 posted:

no really

loving stop it

cut that poo poo out

you say this but all i hear is "i want my tentacle dickgirl bukkake hentai to be consenusal dammit"

• Locked thread