Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

I special ordered it so I'm kind of bound into the purchase. How do the blind bag figures sell? We've blown through 5 boxes in 3 weeks and they're now out of stock.

They're all over the place here, and doing much the same gathering dust dance. I assume so anyway. I've yet to see anyone buy them. But hey, what do I know? CO are doing a wave 3 of them and a bunch of new playsets too this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

They're all over the place here, and doing much the same gathering dust dance. I assume so anyway. I've yet to see anyone buy them. But hey, what do I know? CO are doing a wave 3 of them and a bunch of new playsets too this year.

I guess us stupid Americans can't get enough of them.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Rhyno posted:

Isn't that like $15 American? Because US retail is $99.

The sets all look terrible and expensive.... I just want a tardis, a tenth (and 11th) Doctor, and an army of angels, daleks, and cybermen... They would fit perfect in any theme. I guess I'd need a companion. But, drat EXPENSIVE, for generic lego in the US.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Received a care package from LEGO today - my missing bag of parts from the Earth Defense HQ! I had already thought they were awesome when they notified me that they were sending me the parts no questions asked, but it really sunk in when the parts arrived.

They came in a ziplock bag, and a parts list/shipping manifest was included, listing each brick individually. When I had sent the request I just said that bag 3 was missing, assuming that they'd grab a bag 3 off the line somewhere. Turns out someone had to go and figure out each individual brick that belonged in that bag and drop them into my ziplock. I'm sure the process is more streamlined than that, but however it is, it's certainly more labor intensive than I had initially imagined, and thus awesome that they had done it for me. There were even some spares thrown in.

Of course, whoever it was that did it was probably muttering under their breath about how I was a douchebag or something.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Funkmaster General posted:

Received a care package from LEGO today - my missing bag of parts from the Earth Defense HQ! I had already thought they were awesome when they notified me that they were sending me the parts no questions asked, but it really sunk in when the parts arrived.

They came in a ziplock bag, and a parts list/shipping manifest was included, listing each brick individually. When I had sent the request I just said that bag 3 was missing, assuming that they'd grab a bag 3 off the line somewhere. Turns out someone had to go and figure out each individual brick that belonged in that bag and drop them into my ziplock. I'm sure the process is more streamlined than that, but however it is, it's certainly more labor intensive than I had initially imagined, and thus awesome that they had done it for me. There were even some spares thrown in.

Of course, whoever it was that did it was probably muttering under their breath about how I was a douchebag or something.

If the documentaries I've seen are any indication, it was probably more likely "Must... keep... the children... saaaaaafe..." :stare:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I made some more robots in LDD. These are so fun!

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Brick Daddy pulls into the truckstop to check his girls are still on the job...

So yeah, I got the cheap one. I also have one arriving at work tomorrow to play with there.

e: poo poo is longer than the inception truck (the one with LEGO boxes of itself inside itself).

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Dead Alice posted:

Brick Daddy pulls into the truckstop to check his girls are still on the job...

So yeah, I got the cheap one. I also have one arriving at work tomorrow to play with there.

e: poo poo is longer than the inception truck (the one with LEGO boxes of itself inside itself).

I would love to do a Space-ified version of the Lego Lego truck, in the style of the space redneck vehicles that came with SPIII. Too bad I don't have the set.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Time Cowboy posted:

I would love to do a Space-ified version of the Lego Lego truck, in the style of the space redneck vehicles that came with SPIII. Too bad I don't have the set.

What do I look like, a guy who's not lazy?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Does anyone know where I could buy just bag 2 of Earth Defense HQ? I only really want the Vic Viper and I can't afford to buy the full set.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Luminaflare posted:

Does anyone know where I could buy just bag 2 of Earth Defense HQ? I only really want the Vic Viper and I can't afford to buy the full set.

Bricklink is probably your best bet.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Since everyone else was doing it, I ordered a Lunar Limo off Amazon too.

Lord Gold
Feb 22, 2005

'STACHE
WE CAN BELIEVE IN
I understand the love everyone has for the space pimp and his Lunar Limo, but I think the best set to come out of SP III was the big SP Undercover Cruiser. It's possibly the most swooshable thing I've put together since I started back with Lego.

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp
Is there no love for the Galatic Enforcer?
One of the best space theme cruisers though has to be the dropship from Mars Mission. Not a great theme on it's own, but that ship was great. Reminded me of the Aliens dropship.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jut posted:

It's a great set! Lots of detail and playability. It's just heavy as hell when it's all together. The front part that comes off, is great though! It's all very Fireball XL5 (even down to the little robot co-pilot).

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Jut posted:

Everyone knows the best space police ship was the Mission Commander. The modular jail cells from that series were awesome and I built all kinds of ships that could carry/move them.

Although my favorite spaceship would be the Deep Freeze Defender.Now that ship was swooshable as gently caress, and modular little ships. I built a bunch of other ships that could plug into the parts, and a buch of other bases that the ships could plug into.

Edit I picked up the Alien mothership, the Pirates Excape, The Twoface bank job(I just wanted the batmobile) and the Lex Luther exoskeleton this morning. Not bad for under $100 bux.

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 12, 2012

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

RodShaft posted:

Everyone knows the best space police ship was the Mission Commander. The modular jail cells from that series were awesome and I built all kinds of ships that could carry/move them.

Definitely preferred those jail cells to anything done since. The weird blue pods in SPIII were so flimsy. :(

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Avengers set pics up on Marvel
Quinjet looks badass. Giant-headed Iron Man looks bad & rear end.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Looking at that Lego wiki apparently Hamleys in the UK have released some more info about some of the Marvel sets. Some of it was already known but I didn't see the Wolverine chopper ambush set posted, includes Magneto and Deadpool as well as Wolverine. They also have a Spider-man set called Spider-man Doc Ock Ambush so we're getting some good Spider-man villains as well, no pictures of that one though.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Oh my god that Iron Man is so awful looking. If they'd just give him some body armor or something that would help balance it out or something but jesus gently caress. It's like that camera in that Achewood comic where it makes you look all fat and awkward except just applied to his head.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Travis343 posted:

Oh my god that Iron Man is so awful looking. If they'd just give him some body armor or something that would help balance it out or something but jesus gently caress. It's like that camera in that Achewood comic where it makes you look all fat and awkward except just applied to his head.

I don't know why they couldn't have made armor like the stuff they put on knights. Seems like the most elegant solution.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Tony Stark here to sa *falls on head*... uh.. ok sorry I just have to *falls on head* GOD DAMNIT

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
If it comes with a Tony Stark head I'd just never put the helmet on, and have him always holding a wine glass.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Fooley posted:

If it comes with a Tony Stark head I'd just never put the helmet on, and have him always holding a wine glass.

I'm gonna say it probably does or they probably would have just made the helmet his head.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
The face part flips up if I remember correctly.

Goddamn it looks goofy as hell... At least everyone else looks okay. And we're getting DEADPOOL. :siren: :woop: :siren:

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp
The jet is the only one that has my interest.
That Iron Man minifig looks retarded, why didn't they just go for a printed minifit head instead of that bobblehead

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Santa Maul.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FreakyZoid posted:

Avengers set pics up on Marvel
Quinjet looks badass. Giant-headed Iron Man looks bad & rear end.

Ugh. Stickers. I'm going to be avoiding these sets like the plague.

(That Iron Man looks just loving awful.)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

As usual I stopped in the LEGO isle at walmart last night when picking up some groceries. They had the Pirates of the Caribbean black pearl set for $40 and had three on the shelf.

Any point in picking these up to sell?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Yeah the Avengers sets all look pretty terrible.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Black Pearl retails normally for somewhere around $90-$110.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
Well they're the only set that contains the Davy Jones minifig, which goes for more than half that price: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=poc031

In fact it looks like you can easily make that price back by just selling the minifigs.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Wow, Iron Man is terrible. I really like the Quinjet kit, not sure if I'd get it. Might grab the Cap cycle just for the mini fig.

Hopefully the spider-man kits are better!

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Honestly I feel like Thor (and to a lesser extent Cap) is the only not - that - terrible part.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I really do love the Hulk minifig and will end up buying that breakout set just so I can have it. The sets are pretty underwhelming and disapointing overall.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Digital War posted:

Well they're the only set that contains the Davy Jones minifig, which goes for more than half that price: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=poc031

In fact it looks like you can easily make that price back by just selling the minifigs.

Should have checked bricklink before asking...I've been out of LEGO for too long. Next time I'm on that side of town I'll see if they are still on the shelf.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Those sets do look pretty bad, but I'm curious if they are really the final minifigures. That captain america looks different than the wall art at those cons: he doesn't have eyes,his mask has a different opening and it is obviously a sticker, not a print, on his chest.

Paul Proteus fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 12, 2012

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
If there isn't a Nick Fury minifig I'll just have to modify a Mace Windu one so they can all pose with Mr. Glass.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Joramun posted:

Santa Maul.

Look at that little AT-AT! Look at it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Joramun posted:

Santa Maul.

God drat, that looks so much better that this years calendar. That darth maul Santa. :3: