Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Ask him if more wrestlers(besides Santino,Kane,and Foley) have asked him about DDPYoga since Jericho came back with abs of steel. Ask him who was the stiffest/hardest to work with in WCW and easiest to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
If you guys have questions, maybe it would be better if you PM'd me them. I don't know if it would be okay to clutter up this thread with them, but if a mod says that it's kosher, then we'll continue. I also want to try to stay away from personal/family questions, mostly because I don't want all you goons to track down my friend and badger her with questions. I'm sure she gets enough attention when she's out in public with DDP that she wouldn't appreciate it very much.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

coconono posted:

based on that prank call to Nattie Neidhart on the Tom Greene show, I'd have to say Nattie is pretty loving crazy.

Do what now?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tell her to ask him How big is Batista's dick?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Don't ask him a bunch of questions. I bet you'll get better stories that way.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Everytime you say someones name, make sure you say the whole name and put the word "scum" in there.

Make sure you really emphasize the word "scum" and smirk for a few seconds before you continue talking.

Make sure you say ALOT of names.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

MassRayPer posted:

Don't ask him a bunch of questions

Do this, but just because you don't want to be that guy. Seriously, you're meeting the dude, not conducting an interview.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Bring him some cookies he loves cookies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Seriously though ask him how big Batista's dick is.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Yes do it, it will be hilarious and not terribly creepy at all

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Ask him if he takes all forum posts literally.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Ask him how he likes cookies on the bed.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Ask him if he's still wrapping his knees in saran wrap.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ASK HIM REF!!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Don't say being invisible because Scott Steiner already called that."

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Defiance Industries posted:

"If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Don't say being invisible because Scott Steiner already called that."

I just got the mental image of Steiner tapping his wrists before a match with Clay Aiken's "If I was Invisible" on repeat on his iPod.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Steiner's explanation was "Bitches won't know what's happening."

Holla if you hear that?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Karmine posted:

Do what now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWj5HZtT4EA

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

Steiner's explanation was "Bitches won't know what's happening."

Holla if you hear that?

I have no idea why I even bothered to doubt that Scott Steiner would say something like that.

I like how he answers without hesitating at all. He's thought this thing through.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Based on his appearance on Legends Roundtable and on all prior DDP experience, any question you ask him will end up in a story about how awesome DDP is (of course, we all know DDP is not awesome and never was, but any story from DDP will be about the greatness of DDP.)

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Shut your mouth, DDP is totally awesome.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hirams Bitch posted:

Based on his appearance on Legends Roundtable and on all prior DDP experience, any question you ask him will end up in a story about how awesome DDP is (of course, we all know DDP is not awesome and never was, but any story from DDP will be about the greatness of DDP.)

The wrongest post. DDP is one of those guys who actually deserves to toot his own horn. Bishoff gave him a job, but he got over because he worked his rear end off.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The wrongest post. DDP is one of those guys who actually deserves to toot his own horn. Bishoff gave him a job, but he got over because he worked his rear end off.

He got somewhat over, but he was still a mediocre at best worker and one of the worst promos in the industry. Let us not forget his rise to the main event coincided with WCW's fall into the toilet. Also he is poo.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Nah, you're just all sorts of misguided and wrong.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Hirams Bitch posted:

He got somewhat over, but he was still a mediocre at best worker and one of the worst promos in the industry. Let us not forget his rise to the main event coincided with WCW's fall into the toilet. Also he is poo.

"One of the most popular guys in WCW during the period of time where wrestling was at its most popular" is a little better than "somewhat over".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Also a mediocre at best worker carried Goldberg to one of his best matches.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
DDP was the real People's Champion. :colbert:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

DDP is one of those guys who I know needed to go over every spot and sequence before a match but I always liked him and thought he was really fun.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
What does it matter that a guy planned out his matches? Macho Man did the same thing.

Some guys just need to have a plan. It usually makes for more cohesive matches.

DDP also has what is possibly the only good wrestler tribute video on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asZxGvtpn_U

Wendell
May 11, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

DDP is one of those guys who I know needed to go over every spot and sequence before a match but I always liked him and thought he was really fun.

Savage had to do that too, Ric Flair looks down on him for it in his book. It doesn't matter at all to me, different people get results different ways. But I can see why it would annoy Flair to have to go over something again and again when he would rather just make it up in the moment.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Didn't Randy Savage do that too?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

They did. I'm pretty sure wrestlers would occasionally gently caress with them by not doing certain sequences.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For those interested, we'll be watching a compilation of the Sting/nWo angle from one of WCW's greatest periods tonight at 7:30 Eastern. Well worth a watch if you've not seen it before, and worth another look if you haven't seen it in awhile.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

DDP is basically the only WCW guy other than Benoit and Booker I wanted to make it in the WWE ergo he is awesome.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
DDP is awesome. Dude got the crippled to walk. He's like a Jesus that could kick your rear end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suTPns5cy_Q

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mons Hubris posted:

DDP is basically the only WCW guy other than Benoit and Booker I wanted to make it in the WWE ergo he is awesome.

What about Lance Storm?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

HulkaMatt posted:

Yeah he planned out his matches but it worked because he knew to work around the strengths of himself and his opponent. He'd probably make a good agent/producer for WWE.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

For those interested, we'll be watching a compilation of the Sting/nWo angle from one of WCW's greatest periods tonight at 7:30 Eastern. Well worth a watch if you've not seen it before, and worth another look if you haven't seen it in awhile.

IT WILL BE THE BEST THING EVER! :woop:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Honestly, if a wrestler is limited (which is not necessarily the same as bad), I'd rather they had a good match by going through it beforehand than had a mediocre to lovely match that was called on the fly. With the caveat that if/when things go off-book (for example a move being botched or something unexpected happening) they should have enough savvy to improvise a little to get to their next planned spot rather than simply throwing a forearm to the back and then attempting the same spot again with the exact same set-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Suben posted:

"One of the most popular guys in WCW during the period of time where wrestling was at its most popular" is a little better than "somewhat over".

He was one of the most prominent guys in WCW as it began to nosedive. He got some pops but never actually meant anything, so "somewhat over" is fair.