Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackteapot
Jan 26, 2006

It warns about playing on an east coast server when you are on the west coast in the server selection screen. Am I really going to be at a disadvantage if I play with you guys on Joker? Let me rephrase that: Am I going to be at even more of a disadvantage playing with you goons with the difference in ping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

blackteapot posted:

It warns about playing on an east coast server when you are on the west coast in the server selection screen. Am I really going to be at a disadvantage if I play with you guys on Joker? Let me rephrase that: Am I going to be at even more of a disadvantage playing with you goons with the difference in ping?

I played on Joker from New Mexico and didn't notice any lag issues. YMMV

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

blackteapot posted:

My american friend plays on an EU server and she's better than all three of me and my teammates combined v:v:v

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

gwrtheyrn posted:

Is there some sort of guide on how to make money/who to pledge to first for enforcer nubs? It seems all the stuff I can find are for crims...

I'm in as catigern for now

Just pledge to whoever has stuff you wanna unlock.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

less than three posted:

The e-mail (aside from the first one with your grenades) is all useless lore crap. Don't bother.

edit: Except right now you should also get a pink STAR and Colby. Use those. :3: What's your character's name?

BigStew

My son is playing his own character on my account as well. If I buy a weapon on the marketplace, do we both get it, or do i have to assign it to one of us? Kid wants a shotgun.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 12, 2012

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

blackteapot posted:

I'm in Vancouver and I get a latency of like 80-100ms usually. It's not a noticable issue.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

The Dregs posted:

BigStew

My son is playing his own character on my account as well. If I buy a weapon on the marketplace, do we both get it, or do i have to assign it to one of us? Kid wants a shotgun.

Weapons are per character.

blackteapot
Jan 26, 2006

Sorry whoever it was that just invite me to party, video card issues are springing up

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
I gotta say that I like the Tommy Gun, but I'd wait for the real one with mod slots. Taikee puts me to shame with it, but it's a really fun gun to shoot. Plus it's so kawaii~!.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

Is there some sort of guide on how to make money/who to pledge to first for enforcer nubs? It seems all the stuff I can find are for crims...

I'm in as catigern for now

I suggest finishing chung hee in waterfront and tyr durant in financial first. They will I think unlock basic versions of all the primaries. After that up to you. getting modifiable guns and mods is all down to quantity of people killed.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Plus it's so kawaii~!.

Oh god that song :byodood:

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I bought that drat Colby tommy gun. It is too much for a newby to handle, unless I am aiming for helicopters or something.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Holy christ the tommy gun is incredible. It's a loving meatgrinder at anything up to 15m, if you can handle the recoil then this gun will be your best friend. I can't overstate how much you HAVE to be able to handle the recoil, though, because holy poo poo if you thought the NTEC was hardcore this is going to knock you out of the water. You'll be staring at the birds if you don't compensate for it.

Get to grips with it and you'll be mutilating anyone who gets near you, though. It's like an OCA bred with an NTEC, if you can keep it steady for just a second your opponent doesn't have a hope in hell. Shreds cars nicely too. I'm not sure how effective it is outside of Baylan though, that's the only place I've been using it since this V-day event started. I've found that if you run in between the cargo containers and never climb up them, you'll have crims who are fighting up top hop down when the heat gets too much, allowing you to snap them up while they're weak and unprepared.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Not for me it isn't. I went and got me an Obeya CR762. I am much better with that thing, my kill to death ratio is nearing 1:1. It just sucks when someone gets close in, I can't click fast enough.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

The Dregs posted:

It just sucks when someone gets close in, I can't click fast enough.

Get yourself the PDW SMG secondary. When I play as a sniper I can't rely on my HVR to protect me up close, but with the PDW you'll at least stand a chance if you can buzz them for a second with it.

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!
I know this is kind of off topic but...

Oh god, I just unlocked the Packer Vanquero, and it is the most fun to drive vehicle in the game. :ranbowdash: The physics with this car are insane and I constantly find myself flipping about and I love the turning capability. Much better than the Patriot Jericho I had.

I rammed a criminal's car head on once, and suddenly my packer vanquero shot straight up in the air for like 50 feet. I do love the odd car driving physics in this game at times, even though it tends to be a pain most of the time.

Also, LtL cop ranks 10-15 are awful. 250 arrests per rank? Sheesh. :cop:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The Dregs posted:

Not for me it isn't. I went and got me an Obeya CR762. I am much better with that thing, my kill to death ratio is nearing 1:1. It just sucks when someone gets close in, I can't click fast enough.

There are secondaries you can compensate with, joker pistol and the pdw come to mind. I treat the former like a shotgun and the latter is a mini oca

Raxmus
Jul 7, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

An Unoriginal Name posted:

Oh god that song :byodood:

Since someone was wondering on the video and I'm to embarrassed to post a reply on that video here is the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZCX3CjX4rk

It's a series of samples from IM@S2, specifically "Kyun! Vampire Girl".

Also: The Uzi is heavily underrated, I can often catch CQC players with their pants down or surprise them with a barrage of bullets. That said you need to hit about 80% of the magazine and aim for about their groin to compensate for the accuracy bloom.

Raxmus fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 13, 2012

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Edward_Lapine posted:

I know this is kind of off topic but...

Oh god, I just unlocked the Packer Vanquero, and it is the most fun to drive vehicle in the game. :ranbowdash: The physics with this car are insane and I constantly find myself flipping about and I love the turning capability. Much better than the Patriot Jericho I had.

I rammed a criminal's car head on once, and suddenly my packer vanquero shot straight up in the air for like 50 feet. I do love the odd car driving physics in this game at times, even though it tends to be a pain most of the time.

Also, LtL cop ranks 10-15 are awful. 250 arrests per rank? Sheesh. :cop:

Hello fellow LtL + Jeep buddy, slap a nitro on it and you can do two wheelers either backwards or forwards whenever you want!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Everytime I try to play I get booted from the server I'm on.

Which is a shame, since I'm trying to get down with the valentines shenanery with my new tattoo.

Ahah, I had my MSPaint Resize on instead of smooth resize in photoshop. Awesome.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

We called for backup during the VIP portion of a mission and got the other goon group that was in the same channel. The glorius sound of tommy guns in Gaijan~

maXilla
Nov 19, 2006
sqooq

The Dregs posted:

ARMAS items when purchased go ONLY to the character logged in, however..

I highly recommend you buy the retail pack: http://www.amazon.com/APB-Reloaded-Pc/dp/B005EJ2F6E/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329165205&sr=1-1 ~$30usd

In addition to receiving an account-bound Cisco (that sports car that you see NPCs driving around) with 3 amazing mods in it, you also get an account-bound ACT44(Deagle). PLUS you can choose between exclusive primary weapons including a Colby CSG (Best shotgun in game) with a quick reload mod.

maXilla fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 13, 2012

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Its too bad the retail pack picked the worst possible mod for the Act44. Reflex Sight 3 on a pistol used for its long range accuracy? Good planning, G1.

maXilla
Nov 19, 2006
sqooq

Great Beer posted:

Its too bad the retail pack picked the worst possible mod for the Act44. Reflex Sight 3 on a pistol used for its long range accuracy? Good planning, G1.

Actually I prefer it to HS3 because I know how to use a snubnose properly and the Last Stand is essentially a snubnose on steroids that doubles as an only slightly less ranged ACT for when I need it.

Snubnose. :frogc00l:

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
The stock ACT is perfectly usable as a sprintshot gun without a mod that completely gimps its longrange capabilities

maXilla
Nov 19, 2006
sqooq

Gasoline posted:

The stock ACT is perfectly usable as a sprintshot gun without a mod that completely gimps its longrange capabilities
If you use an ACT exclusively for its "longrange capabilities" you're doing it wrong.

Sprintshotting with a stock ACT at ranges over 5-10m is pretty sketch.
I wouldn't be surprised if you two have never used the Last Stand, because the difference is slight, but notable. First of all, the hit it takes to it's marksmanship penalty is ridiculously slight, i use it longrange all the time and honestly don't notice that much of a difference if you're standing still / crouching, though the Last Stand's crosshair is slightly bigger, it only makes a difference at very long range (If you're using a CQC as primary you really shouldn't put yourself in such situations tbh)
Last Stand maintains accuracy at full sprint at very opportune ranges up to about 30m which makes it legit for people like me who use an ACT for finishing off enemies before using it for taking shots at someone sniping because my Primary is an OCA or something and I have no other choice. What I do instead of trying to snipe with a fallback weapon is I pull my pants up and ~get closer without dying~
I mean sure, It's not ~as~ longrange, but its ability to give you accuracy while sprinting makes up for that with versatility IMHO.

tl;dr
Let's have a duel? :downsgun:

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:
I'm glad some people are getting legitimate use out of their Last Stand but I'm still waiting for the devs to change the mod or give us an option of a new mod.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
I bought a tommy gun last night. It's pretty fun and it melts faces.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Yeah, that was brutal. I still can't ever find folks on fight club. My usual flanking tactics don't quite work there so I miss the fun entirely, or find the whole enemy team at once.

maXilla
Nov 19, 2006
sqooq

Secret Sweater posted:

I bought a tommy gun last night. It's pretty fun and it melts faces.

My theory is as follows:
HVR scout is to HVR
as
Tommygun is to SHAW

The best way I've found of using the Tommygun efficiently is to jump into an enemy's line of fire while marksmanship-ing and then crouching when you land. Firing the whole time.
But if (big if) you can keep an enemy in the dead center of your crosshairs while moving you can use it as a pretty legitimate OCA in very, very close quarters.
It's all about knowing when to use marksmanship mode and being able to leave marksmanship mode when you know that you can't finish someone off.
It's a very fun gun and I hope they release a permanent re-skin after the event. I'd buy it.

maXilla fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 13, 2012

maXilla
Nov 19, 2006
sqooq

An Unoriginal Name posted:

I'm glad some people are getting legitimate use out of their Last Stand but I'm still waiting for the devs to change the mod or give us an option of a new mod.

Here's an example of the Last Stand in the hands of a pro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ1zBksT7UQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=91s

Out of curiosity, what mod would you rather have on an ACT?

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
I didn't know you were a goon, max. I recognize the name you play on uswest, right?

maXilla
Nov 19, 2006
sqooq

Secret Sweater posted:

I didn't know you were a goon, max. I recognize the name you play on uswest, right?

Indeed, maXilla is my crim and SgtRodriguez is my Enforcer on Colby.
I lurk. :gbsmith: I haven't checked MMOHMO since I was trying to get beta invites, been too busy playing APB.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
here i am... w8in 4 a hansum enfrcr 2 cum wisk me awey...

Celebrating finally getting Valentines Day Massacre rank 4, through god knows how many hours of toil and heartbreak, here's my outfit and car. The best thing? With the exception of the glasses and the devils horns, I've had this outfit for months. I didn't even plan for Valentines day, I just liked being offensively pink :3:

I wouldn't have put the hours in if the STAR wasn't the greatest thing ever. Being able to pernamently unlock a STAR that goes perfectly with my costume? You'd better believe I'm getting that poo poo.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

maXilla posted:

It's a very fun gun and I hope they release a permanent re-skin after the event. I'd buy it.

They've said they're releasing the regular one with three slots for purchase after the event. Can't wait.

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!
APB players cannot into English

((Click for making big.))

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

The Porp posted:

APB players cannot into English

((Click for making big.))

Tell him for to making the Applejacks flipped, to be turning monitor upside down. That way emblenagotenzen be return to invert-position.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
Applejack sucks.

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!

mpyro posted:

Applejack sucks.

:colbert: Them's fightin' words, mister.

I have a Zecora themed Jericho and Vanquero. Even without the MLP reference, it's a kick rear end looking zebra print grayish-white and black design.

Edit post:

Edward_Lapine fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

If I get one of those retail discs can I apply it to an existing account or would I have to make a new one?

• Locked thread