Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I don't think it's safe to assume that the XOOM or the even the XOOM 2 will act as Google's "Nexus tablet". The merger hasn't even happened yet and both devices were designed and released without Google's supervision.

He's actually right, the Wifi Xoom is Google's current reference tablet for Android releases, Google state as much on their AOSP page, and they provide drivers for it on their Nexus drivers page. Even though the 4G Xoom isn't supported as a "reference device" anymore like all the other CDMA devices, it still gets updates from Google (though IIRC from blogs/this thread historically there's always been a time lag for updates compared to the Wifi only version.)

Also just to add to the confusion, all of this only applies to the U.S. Outside the U.S all updates are maintained by Motorola, and the updates follow a much slower schedule, unless your reflash the Xoom to become a supported *Google Xoom*.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I read the OP but saw no mention of the XOOM in it...realistically how much longer will Google support the XOOM with updates and poo poo like that? I'm looking for an android tablet but rather not spend 5/600, and I figure since the XOOM is kinda googles "nexus" tablet it would probably be the safe bet at a 3/400 dollar price point...

Seems starting with the Nexus S, Google actually equip their reference devices with sensible specs which don't turn out to be incapable of running the next release months down the line. Nothing about the Xoom is underpowered enough to force them to drop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Vagrancy posted:

Seems starting with the Nexus S, Google actually equip their reference devices with sensible specs which don't turn out to be incapable of running the next release months down the line. Nothing about the Xoom is underpowered enough to force them to drop it.

Based off the difference between 3.2 and 4.0, my assumption is there's at least one more good performance boost update to come along. The most of the argument behind Apple's "underpowered, low-RAM tablets" is that the OS is better optimized (I know there are architectural differences between the Tegras and the Apple chips, too) and I can't imagine ICS is fully taking advantage of the hardware, just based on how bad 3 was.

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

Vagrancy posted:

He's actually right, the Wifi Xoom is Google's current reference tablet for Android releases, Google state as much on their AOSP page, and they provide drivers for it on their Nexus drivers page. Even though the 4G Xoom isn't supported as a "reference device" anymore like all the other CDMA devices, it still gets updates from Google (though IIRC from blogs/this thread historically there's always been a time lag for updates compared to the Wifi only version.)
There's a difference between a "reference" device and a Google device. The Xoom was designed and built by Motorola, and is no more a Google device than the G1.

Rumors expect Google to release a tablet some time in Q2, but the same rumors say it's going to be a $200 7-inch budget tablet rather than a 10-inch iPad competitor.

Vagrancy posted:

That's because with phones, Google uses its own devices as the references. It has control over the hardware. The Xoom is by Motorola, and I honestly wouldn't expect Google to support it at all once they have their own tablet out.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
I can't seem to take a quality video of my PDF experience on the Transformer Prime, but I'll do my best to describe it and hope you take my word for it. The TP comes with two apps capable of reading PDFs. One is "MyLibrary", and the other is the stock Adobe PDF Reader. The MyLibrary one is, I guess, supposed to appease book pirates or something, I don't know. I'm going to disable it because it seems pretty loving worthless. PDFs took forever to load and when scrolling to a page that wasn't loaded yet, it would take 5-6 seconds to display blurry text, then another 5-6 seconds to load the text legibly. This is on a PDF saved on the device. The Adobe app is much better. It would load things legibly within 3-4 seconds, even on a page far away from the ones loaded. Without attacking others who have felt like their experiences were less than stellar, I can say that I can't imagine myself being unhappy with the PDF experience, even if all I used the tablet for was PDFs.

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

Full of ignorant tribalism. Kinda sad.
It must really vary from device to device. The standard Adobe reader runs like poo poo, but ezPDF is very usable. Kinda sucks that I had to pay before being able to read PDF files, but being able to annotate them justifies the expense many-fold.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005

Janin posted:

There's a difference between a "reference" device and a Google device. The Xoom was designed and built by Motorola, and is no more a Google device than the G1.

The most useful distinction is whether the updates are being maintained by Google or not, and for the U.S Xoom they are. If just being a developer phone were enough to appear on those pages, the Motorola Droid would be there also.

quote:

That's because with phones, Google uses its own devices as the references. It has control over the hardware.

This part of the 2010 Andy Rubin interview implies they used the exact same process with the Xoom as they did their Nexus phones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAqBPW3avYs&t=426s

So Google engineers definitely used it to build HC/ICS, and in the U.S they have full control of the software. If that wasn't the case the hilarious situation last year where the non-U.S Xoom had a working SD card read/write implementation by Motorola, but the U.S Xoom had to wait till 3.2 for Google to implement it themselves since Motorola weren't allowed to touch it.

quote:

The Xoom is by Motorola, and I honestly wouldn't expect Google to support it at all once they have their own tablet out.

That won't happen, since even if 7' tablet rumors are correct, they still need a 10' around for testing layout, and aside from branding the Xoom is "their own tablet".

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Gorilla Salsa posted:

I can say that I can't imagine myself being unhappy with the PDF experience, even if all I used the tablet for was PDFs.

I think most of the complaints are from people comparing to how well it works on iOS.

Taken in isolation or compared to a Windows netbook it actually works pretty well IMO.

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

If the Xoom is used for Android dogfooding, then it's close enough not to bother drawing a distinction.

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

Vagrancy posted:

The most useful distinction is whether the updates are being maintained by Google or not, and for the U.S Xoom they are. If just being a developer phone were enough to appear on those pages, the Motorola Droid would be there also.
No, the most useful distinction is whether it was designed/sold by Google or some third party.

Google didn't design or sell the Motorola Xoom, any more than it designed/sold the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 or the Asus Transformer or the Toshiba Thrive or any other of the dozens of Android-based tablets that have been released. It's not the Google Xoom, it's the Motorola Xoom, and it's ridiculous to claim that it should be considered a Google product just because its OS is based on Android.

Vagrancy posted:

This part of the 2010 Andy Rubin interview implies they used the exact same process with the Xoom as they did their Nexus phones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAqBPW3avYs&t=426s
Did you start the video at the wrong place? I didn't hear any mention of your claims in the linked section.

Vagrancy posted:

So Google engineers definitely used it to build HC/ICS, and in the U.S they have full control of the software. If that wasn't the case the hilarious situation last year where the non-U.S Xoom had a working SD card read/write implementation by Motorola, but the U.S Xoom had to wait till 3.2 for Google to implement it themselves since Motorola weren't allowed to touch it.
Again, whether it's the reference design or not doesn't matter. The Xoom was used to build HC/ICS because it was the first Android tablet that was designed to be a tablet (as opposed to stuff like the original Galaxy Tab, which was just an up-sized phone).

Vagrancy posted:

That won't happen, since even if 7' tablet rumors are correct, they still need a 10' around for testing layout
They can test layout on a Transformer or Tab 10.1 just as easily as on a Xoom -- I wouldn't be surprised if the Android testing labs have samples of every major form factor.

Vagrancy posted:

and aside from branding the Xoom is "their own tablet".
No, it's not. Google and Motorola are separate companies (for now). Motorola released the Xoom. Google has not yet released a tablet.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005

Janin posted:

it's the Motorola Xoom, and it's ridiculous to claim that it should be considered a Google product just because its OS is based on Android.

Even though Google maintain device specific branches for the Xoom on their own servers in the exact same way as Nexus phones? OK.

quote:

Did you start the video at the wrong place? I didn't hear any mention of your claims in the linked section.

Q: "Is this the one you designed with them, or is there going to be 175 versions of this?"

A: "This particular one you take a new processor, you do bring up on that processor, and you take a new screen, and you get everything working for the first time..."

"What we do is we pick one of our partners, a semi-conductor partner, an operator and OEM and combine them together, and this is the device that all the engineers have on their desk when they come in the morning. It makes for a much tighter integration of hardware and software".

Sure sounds a lot like the Nexus Program:

quote:

We have this strategy where we have this Nexus program, and we have this lead device strategy. That strategy has worked quite well to help focus the team.

What we do is that we select each -- around Christmastime of each year -- we select a manufacturer that we work very closely with to release a device in that time frame. That includes, also, semiconductor companies and all of the components that go in the device.

Essentially the teams huddle together in one building. They jointly work in these development efforts -- they go on for nine to 12 months. And ultimately at the holiday season, or right before it, devices pop out that are based on this effort.

Pretty much the only thing it's missing is the Google branding, and even that could be because they knew in advance HC was woefully inadequate/rushed, so decided to let Motorola fully take the hit.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Basically I'm asking what tablet I should get for 3-400 bucks. The bigger then better.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
Acer Iconia Tab A200 Android 4.0 update rolling out now

Welcome to the ICS family!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

McLarenF1 posted:

Acer Iconia Tab A200 Android 4.0 update rolling out now

Welcome to the ICS family!

And suddenly that tablet is worth buying for someone who doesn't want to throw down $500. I wonder how much they've changed from stock, their Honeycomb port had a few extra little launcher tricks here and there and a custom unlock.

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Basically I'm asking what tablet I should get for 3-400 bucks. The bigger then better.

10" is as big as they get. A used TF101, maybe a Xoom. You won't get anything worth having for new at that price.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Another homerun by Asus PR, asking "What do you love the most about Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?" on their facebook. (They've been bumping back vague release estimates for the original Transformer since like mid-December, and the Prime update has had a number of notable bugs.)

I still like my TF101, i just wish they'd quit making big promises.

http://www.facebook.com/ASUS/posts/325697007473704

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

dissss posted:

I think most of the complaints are from people comparing to how well it works on iOS.

Taken in isolation or compared to a Windows netbook it actually works pretty well IMO.

The best metric is no metric?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

Toady posted:

The best metric is no metric?

Not sure what you're trying to get at here, my Win7 netbook (an HP Mini 10 from last year) shits the bed on my textbooks while my Nook Tablet is a peppy champ. So, that's a comparison. Since I don't want an iPad, it's pretty personally relevant; I wish I had a tablet with Bluetooth (for a keyboard) so I could stop taking the netbook to class. On the other hand, it's nice to have my textbook on another screen so I don't need to flip back and forth (and without having to keep a fat pdf open, the netbook is fine for notes).

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

randyest posted:

Thanks! That'd be interesting especially if you can cap it and youtube it.

Here's a direct link to that magazine's latest PDF, it's not exactly a demanding one, but one from the source that anandtech said caused android rendering slowness. Unfortunately I can't post the confidential pdf's we used to test the xoom and original TF last year, but if there's an android tablet that can handle all of these easily I'll feel confident in bringing up this issue again at my company:
http://dl.fullcirclemagazine.org/issuePY03_en.pdf
Here's another one that's medium sized but not scanned pages:
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/bcamps.pdf
Here are a few decent sources for testing rendering scanned pages:
http://ia600507.us.archive.org/19/items/processedworld08proc/processedworld08proc.pdf
I just got around to this on my Prime. I hope this is helpful to somebody?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBSoGxTpSos

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Splizwarf posted:

Not sure what you're trying to get at here, my Win7 netbook (an HP Mini 10 from last year) shits the bed on my textbooks while my Nook Tablet is a peppy champ. So, that's a comparison. Since I don't want an iPad, it's pretty personally relevant; I wish I had a tablet with Bluetooth (for a keyboard) so I could stop taking the netbook to class. On the other hand, it's nice to have my textbook on another screen so I don't need to flip back and forth (and without having to keep a fat pdf open, the netbook is fine for notes).

Why don't you want an iPad? Seems like you want a tablet. Plus you can take notes on it and read textbooks. Also, I think it supports Bluetooth.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Splizwarf posted:

What I'm getting at is that intentionally taking something in isolation, or intentionally comparing it to something that's worse, simply to avoid having to compare it to something that's better doesn't make the criticism invalid.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Toady posted:

What I'm getting at is that intentionally taking something in isolation, or intentionally comparing it to something that's worse, simply to avoid having to compare it to something that's better doesn't make the criticism invalid.

Just because X is a worse experience than Y doesn't mean X is necessarily a bad experience

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

dissss posted:

Just because X is a worse experience than Y doesn't mean X is necessarily a bad experience

But it does mean Y is a better experience than X.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have the original first ever Galaxy Tab (don't laugh :smith:) and it can barely do anything, even trying to play video leads it to crash half the time and now there's a weird glitch where it doesn't manage battery correctly and drains as if I'm constantly doing stuff even when I'm not using it.

I saw this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?s=fe36d31f35e3f4a6d4c207782a32acd3&t=1385153&page=101

But it looks like it increases general usability at the cost of not supporting a bunch of features.

Anyway I got this as a gift so I suppose there's always the option of selling it to people who don't know the difference :v:

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

It's hard to say until MWC in 2 weeks time, which is where OEMs will make their move after mostly being burnt by tablets last year. Any company which brings out a new flagship will most likely put their support for any older tablets on a slower schedule/if at all. And there's nothing to say there won't be new 10' releases at that price tag.

While you're probably covered with most HC tablets ICS-wise, the only tablet with guaranteed fast track support for the next post-ICS update from Google (I/O is only 4 months away) is the Xoom, so maybe the Wifi Xoom will fit you best. Though make sure you're okay with the weight in a store first, because IIRC that's one of the main reasons people in this topic switched to the Galaxy tab.

Still if you can, wait a bit.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Is the Acer Iconia Tab A500 all that bad? and is the USB port only good for fat32?

Kynetx
Jan 8, 2003

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I have the original first ever Galaxy Tab (don't laugh :smith:) and it can barely do anything, even trying to play video leads it to crash half the time and now there's a weird glitch where it doesn't manage battery correctly and drains as if I'm constantly doing stuff even when I'm not using it.

I saw this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?s=fe36d31f35e3f4a6d4c207782a32acd3&t=1385153&page=101

But it looks like it increases general usability at the cost of not supporting a bunch of features.

Anyway I got this as a gift so I suppose there's always the option of selling it to people who don't know the difference :v:

Your call, there's always a tradeoff. If you don't want to go that route, do a factory reset and make sure your firmware is up to date.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

My Linux Rig posted:

Why don't you want an iPad? Seems like you want a tablet. Plus you can take notes on it and read textbooks. Also, I think it supports Bluetooth.

It does, and would probably meet my needs, but I'm not interested in learning to wrangle OSX/iOS. I like my iPod, but only when it's not plugged into a computer.

As an example, my wife got a new iPod recently and gave me her old one (a square Nano, nice for exercise). I use MediaMonkey because I don't like the PC version of iTunes and MM works fine with my existing iPod (it's one of the tall ones). Only it turns out that hers is Mac-formatted and can only be read by a PC after being formatted and initialized by a PC copy of iTunes. It's unreadable when plugged into my computer otherwise (even though my computer thinks it's done a good job formatting it). Annoying, and that project's on hold til whenever. If I was single and had bought it off Craigslist or eBay, I'd be crazy pissed because I'd have no idea what the gently caress; it behaves like it's broken.

Mac stuff is complicated and counter-intuitive at times; it's probably great in some ways but I'm busy and have a decent understanding of Windows and Android. I flat-out don't have time for another OS (been too busy to even change my oil and plug the hole in my tire lately which is embarrassing). If they had made an iPhone with a decent-sized screen a couple years ago, I wouldn't know jack about Android. v:shobon:v

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Splizwarf posted:

It does, and would probably meet my needs, but I'm not interested in learning to wrangle OSX/iOS. I like my iPod, but only when it's not plugged into a computer.

As an example, my wife got a new iPod recently and gave me her old one (a square Nano, nice for exercise). I use MediaMonkey because I don't like the PC version of iTunes and MM works fine with my existing iPod (it's one of the tall ones). Only it turns out that hers is Mac-formatted and can only be read by a PC after being formatted and initialized by a PC copy of iTunes. It's unreadable when plugged into my computer otherwise (even though my computer thinks it's done a good job formatting it). Annoying, and that project's on hold til whenever. If I was single and had bought it off Craigslist or eBay, I'd be crazy pissed because I'd have no idea what the gently caress; it behaves like it's broken.

Mac stuff is complicated and counter-intuitive at times; it's probably great in some ways but I'm busy and have a decent understanding of Windows and Android. I flat-out don't have time for another OS (been too busy to even change my oil and plug the hole in my tire lately which is embarrassing). If they had made an iPhone with a decent-sized screen a couple years ago, I wouldn't know jack about Android. v:shobon:v
iOS5 no longer requires a PC for initial setup or anything really. There are a lot of things I dislike about iOS but complexity and counterintuitiveness aren't two of them.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

LastInLine posted:

iOS5 no longer requires a PC for initial setup or anything really. There are a lot of things I dislike about iOS but complexity and counterintuitiveness aren't two of them.

Well, you and I are different. :colbert:

Look at it this way: I already spend a lot on flowers and the ballet, I don't want a third girlfriend. I mean, I'd like to think I have about the most rational reason for not wanting an iPad that I've seen in this thread so far: probably great but gently caress it, too lazy no time.

This is also why I don't like whiskey. Acquired taste, you say? But I have liquor in the house that I already like. :3:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Splizwarf posted:

Well, you and I are different. :colbert:

Look at it this way: I already spend a lot on flowers and the ballet, I don't want a third girlfriend. I mean, I'd like to think I have about the most rational reason for not wanting an iPad that I've seen in this thread so far: probably great but gently caress it, too lazy no time.

This is also why I don't like whiskey. Acquired taste, you say? But I have liquor in the house that I already like. :3:
I understand it's a bit more contemptuous in this thread than the other Android threads, but I'm not trying to argue. I'm just saying that the iPad doesn't have the drawback you're ascribing to it.

Best case scenario, it does exactly what you want with no fuss. Worst case you sell your iPad 3 for no loss when you decide it doesn't. Why play Android tablet roulette when there's a no-downside option right there?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

LastInLine posted:

Best case scenario, it does exactly what you want with no fuss. Worst case you sell your iPad 3 for no loss when you decide it doesn't. Why play Android tablet roulette when there's a no-downside option right there?
Great idea! Where can I buy the iPad 3?

I went to the Apple store online, there was only an iPad 2 for sale.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
I don't understand why someone can't just want an Android tablet? Did I miss something?

Ciabatta
Aug 20, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

fondue posted:

Great idea! Where can I buy the iPad 3?

I went to the Apple store online, there was only an iPad 2 for sale.

While this is true, and buying an iPad 2 right now would also be dumb given the likelihood of a price cut, it's also true that a lot of people currently with tablets will probably be looking to offload theirs and get an iPad 3. Even if you want to stick with Android, it is probably worthwhile to wait a month if you can and get a good deal when a glut of used tablets (both iPads and Android) go for sale.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Codiusprime posted:

I don't understand why someone can't just want an Android tablet? Did I miss something?

The thing is, based on what Splizwarf is saying, the ipad would be better for him. He's talking about textbooks/pdfs, and we just had a several page discussion about how Android tablets seem to be a crapshoot in handling pdfs, and the new apple textbook thing is lightyears ahead of anything in the Android ecosystem right now. The reasons he said he wanted to avoid apple aren't really valid.

Yes, there are things Android can do better; but none of those are things he seems to care about.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Crackbone posted:

The thing is, based on what Splizwarf is saying, the ipad would be better for him. He's talking about textbooks/pdfs, and we just had a several page discussion about how Android tablets seem to be a crapshoot in handling pdfs, and the new apple textbook thing is lightyears ahead of anything in the Android ecosystem right now. The reasons he said he wanted to avoid apple aren't really valid.

Yes, there are things Android can do better; but none of those are things he seems to care about.

Ah, gotcha, that's why I asked if I had missed something. There were posters suggesting the iPad other than the usual YOSPOS idiots. I have to say the ICS Prime seemed the handle them decently.

Codiusprime fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 13, 2012

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Splizwarf posted:

I can tell you right now that things have improved since the iPod days and using an iphone/iPad on a PC is pretty dead simple

But not only that, we're talking about Android tablets here. Have you seen how people waste their time on them here? Adding wires to the gps to make it usable, rooting them, flashing them with hacked up roms, disassembling them and adding cardboard to them, etc.

If time is seriously a premium for you, or you don't like complicated and counter intuitive gadgets, then I really wouldn't suggest an Android tablet.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

My Linux Rig posted:

I can tell you right now that things have improved since the iPod days and using an iphone/iPad on a PC is pretty dead simple

But not only that, we're talking about Android tablets here. Have you seen how people waste their time on them here? Adding wires to the gps to make it usable, rooting them, flashing them with hacked up roms, disassembling them and adding cardboard to them, etc.

If time is seriously a premium for you, or you don't like complicated and counter intuitive gadgets, then I really wouldn't suggest an Android tablet.

I don't think anyone in this thread is actually doing any of the hardware modifications, but "Don't buy a prime" is pretty solid advice.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Crackbone posted:

You missed the part where I said my Nook handles my pdfs quite well and makes my computer look lovely. Also, where I chimed in during the several page discussion about how well the Nook handled pdfs. I have no idea how you got "an iPad would be better for him" from what I said, I think you might've been pretty selective in your reading.

My Linux Rig posted:

I tried to treat this reasonably but it's basically a (maybe unintentional) troll, since it's in response to me saying I have a tablet that I can take notes on and read textbooks, which lacks only Bluetooth to be perfect.

Also, this:

Crackbone posted:

The reasons he said he wanted to avoid apple aren't really valid.

is a dick thing to say. My reasons are valid because they're my reasons. Are you seriously trying to tell me my opinion is "false"? :rolleyes:

My Linux Rig posted:

Dude, seriously; I already own an Android tablet that I like, and you clearly don't and don't intend to, so what's your stake in this thread? Why are you here?

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Splizwarf posted:

Also, this:is a dick thing to say. My reasons are valid because they're my reasons. Are you seriously trying to tell me my opinion is "false"? :rolleyes:
You said you don't want an iPad because you don't like plugging it into iTunes. They told you that you never need to plug an iOS 5 device into iTunes, not even once. You can choose to reject that reality and substitute your own all you want, but it doesn't make it any less factually incorrect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Splizwarf posted:

is a dick thing to say. My reasons are valid because they're my reasons. Are you seriously trying to tell me my opinion is "false"? :rolleyes:

I don't think I'd want an iPad for several reasons but if any of those reasons were technically based and wrong I would hope people would be helpful enough to correct me on them.