Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashew
Feb 1, 2009
I ENJOY TALKING IN CIRCLES AND LEADING THREADS INTO POINTLESS DERAILS. DO NOT RESPOND TO MY POSTS, YOU ARE ONLY ENABLING ME TO CONTINUE BEING AN IDIOT. JUST IGNORE ME, PLEASE.

I hope videos like this become the next internet meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
His name is Pimp Franklin, Dad, and he don't pay no man no mind.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Still not crazy about dubstep, but this video is worth it for seeing KOTH characters getting down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sub9edhmeR8

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Fooley posted:

Still not crazy about dubstep, but this video is worth it for seeing KOTH characters getting down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sub9edhmeR8

After 5-6 videos that led me to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D6DoYMce0Q&feature=related

Kashew
Feb 1, 2009
I ENJOY TALKING IN CIRCLES AND LEADING THREADS INTO POINTLESS DERAILS. DO NOT RESPOND TO MY POSTS, YOU ARE ONLY ENABLING ME TO CONTINUE BEING AN IDIOT. JUST IGNORE ME, PLEASE.

Crotch Bat posted:

After 5-6 videos that led me to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D6DoYMce0Q&feature=related

.....awesome.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Fox was right to withhold the last 4 episodes. To Sirloin With Love is so much better of a series finale than Just Another Manic Kahn-Day.

Kashew
Feb 1, 2009

User-Friendly posted:

Fox was right to withhold the last 4 episodes. To Sirloin With Love is so much better of a series finale than Just Another Manic Kahn-Day.

I think TSWL was going to be the finale either way, they just had 4 already made episodes that they wanted to just air at some point but the contract with Fox didn't include them?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Kashew posted:

I think TSWL was going to be the finale either way, they just had 4 already made episodes that they wanted to just air at some point but the contract with Fox didn't include them?

I don't know the details, but I was going off the order Netflix has them in.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That's absolutely the finale. They weren't going to have that ending scene, especially with things like Boomhauer's first name and occupation being revealed, as just another episode.

The production codes on that have the 4 "missing" episodes as numbers 13-16 of the 17 episode season with "To Sirloin With Love" as episode 17.

Kashew
Feb 1, 2009
The way they aired the end of the show makes no sense. Eps 1-18 of the season are aired 9/2008-5/2009. Then they air eps 19 and 20, the boy can't help it and to sirloin with love, on September 13th in 2009. Then they air the last 4 in May 2010 on Adult Swim and local stations.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Kashew posted:

Yep. Sirloin was obviously always going to be the finale, it's the order that Fox hacked up as usual.

Kashew posted:

The way they aired the end of the show makes no sense. Eps 1-18 of the season are aired 9/2008-5/2009. Then they air eps 19 and 20, the boy can't help it and to sirloin with love, on September 13th in 2009. Then they air the last 4 in May 2010 on Adult Swim and local stations.
Lost episodes debuting in syndication has happened before. Man oh man, was that wait agonizing - there was no info on if or when they'd ever show up on TV. If you check the KOTH thread in the archives you could see me constantly lamenting how unjust it is along with a few others, haha.

It was a triumphant day when I was dutifully watching the daily Fox affiliate episode and the next episode preview was strange, new, and containing a story that was vaguely promised by the one sentence capsule synopsis long since available online!

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 12, 2012

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Glen Goobersmooches posted:

If you check the KOTH thread in the archives you could see me constantly lamenting how unjust it is along with a few others, haha.

:ssh: That's actually at the beginning of this thread. Its been going on for quite a long time.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Has anyone with far too much time on their hands ever made a list of the lines that are played at the very end of each episode?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
No, but given how many I've personally memorized I'd probably have done it myself if Canadian Netflix wasn't so bad.

Spook
Feb 25, 2002

Silence of the MOTHERFUCKING LAMBS!!
John Force got the win today.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kashew posted:

I hope videos like this become the next internet meme.

Not quite a meme yet, but there's another strong entrant.

JeSo
Jul 14, 2004
Na-cho cheese!

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

So that's dubstep.

It's poo poo. I mean, asinine.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
"Nice weekend Bill?"

"Both of 'em!"

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

cheerfullydrab posted:

Has anyone with far too much time on their hands ever made a list of the lines that are played at the very end of each episode?

http://www.tv.com/shows/king-of-the-hill/episodes/

Has most of them.

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I never did understand why Hank destroys that Cuban cigar.

Is the joke that Cuba makes terrible cigars, or that they're illegal in Texas?

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
They're illegal in all of America, the US has an embargo on Cuba.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Primoman posted:

I never did understand why Hank destroys that Cuban cigar.

Is the joke that Cuba makes terrible cigars, or that they're illegal in Texas?

The joke is that they're illegal (Even though that's not really the case. It's illegal to purchase them, but owning a couple for the purpose of personal consumption is totally fine. If I recall, JFK sent out an aide to buy like 1000 Cubans the day before he enacted the trade embargo.) and Hank's love of obeying the law is almost equal to his love of authority figures and propane.

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ah, figured as much. I come from a fully Cuban household, and my dad/grandad buys them all the time so....I never asked.

"To be far, you used to sell tractors."

One of my favorite lines. I love it when jokes carry over to other lines.

Primoman fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 14, 2012

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

"That's right, McMaynerbury! Brother runnin' with a torch, and not a drat thing you can do about it!"

I crack up at this every single time.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Watching an episode on a syndicate channel today. And I always loved how Boomhauer seems to actually know how bad things in Arlen get. I can't remember the episode but they were talking about how awesome their coach was and whenever they thought they were finished he would give them one of his special "go pills". Boomhauer immediately responds, "mumble mumble dang ol' horse tranquilizers, man."

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Everyone's going to love me new barbecue sauce.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Too bad they killed Buckley, he had some really great moments. Like "Luanne's Saga" where he shows up at the house with a big box of chocolates:

Hank: Those better be for me!

Buckley: Nah, they're for me for later.

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Razorwired posted:

Watching an episode on a syndicate channel today. And I always loved how Boomhauer seems to actually know how bad things in Arlen get. I can't remember the episode but they were talking about how awesome their coach was and whenever they thought they were finished he would give them one of his special "go pills". Boomhauer immediately responds, "mumble mumble dang ol' horse tranquilizers, man."

I like how he flat-out ousts Dale as the culprit behind the burning of the fire department, but the investigator just writes it off being unable to understand him.

Also, knowing about his profession in the final episode kind of has you look back on previous episodes.

For example, when he got the tip from Bobby regarding his missing car Sally, he was able to amass a surprising amount of policemen. Having those connections would explain this.

Of course, this doesn't explain why he didn't investigate the murder of Debbie Grunt, but well....yep.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Primoman posted:

I like how he flat-out ousts Dale as the culprit behind the burning of the fire department, but the investigator just writes it off being unable to understand him.

Also, knowing about his profession in the final episode kind of has you look back on previous episodes.

For example, when he got the tip from Bobby regarding his missing car Sally, he was able to amass a surprising amount of policemen. Having those connections would explain this.

Of course, this doesn't explain why he didn't investigate the murder of Debbie Grunt, but well....yep.

Or when they're at the lawn mower focus group and the guy running the meeting listens to him speak for a few seconds and then just hits the TAB key on his computer to move on to the next person.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Primoman posted:

Conflict of interests. Boomhauer drinks beer in an alley every day with one of the suspects.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I wonder what made him choose a career in law enforcement over a job using his degree in electrical engineering.

JammyLammy
Dec 23, 2009
He had a degree in EE? When did that come up?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

JammyLammy posted:

He had a degree in EE? When did that come up?

In episode S06E20 "Dang Ol' Love." Its one of the things he mentions when talking to that rich lady who dumps him.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

His background is murky. He's mentioned the EE degree, being on worker's comp and that the family themselves is wealthy(I believe from winning the lottery?) and then throw in the Texas Ranger gig on top of it.

So I guess it could be that he was the only one to go to college and get a degree, he then got hurt on the job and received worker's comp and perhaps somewhere in the timeframe of the series became a Ranger.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Crotch Bat posted:

His background is murky. He's mentioned the EE degree, being on worker's comp and that the family themselves is wealthy(I believe from winning the lottery?)

His dad is a Doctor AND they won the lottery.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The one where Bill steals the tank has a lot of stuff that bothers me.

I can't suspend my disbelief enough :(

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!
Random, but sort the comments on the article by most commented on http://tinyurl.com/86wkehr ,turns into a 30 comment post about Peggy Hill

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

Sash! posted:

The one where Bill steals the tank has a lot of stuff that bothers me.

I can't suspend my disbelief enough :(

Well they DO lock up the bulldozers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
'Cause I'm as free as a biirrdd nooowww...