Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Frozen-Solid posted:

Is there anything that can be done to fix bold and italics from being misaligned?
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Specifically, this extension. Also fixes TIMGs, though I think SALR Chrome does that already(?)

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Not SALR. It was merged into the Fancy SA Forums extension Ω.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I'm going for the trifecta: a question, a bug, and a feature request:

Is there a way to backup one's settings except for just screenshotting the settings screen?

On the settings screen, Automatically collapse large quotes is on there twice, under Thread Options and at the bottom in Other Options.

Is there a way this extension could be used to fix 219.css in YOSPOS so the Post, Reply, Quote, and Ratings buttons are fixed?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LastInLine posted:

Is there a way to backup one's settings except for just screenshotting the settings screen?

I just checked the Options page documentation for the first time in a year or so and they still haven't evolved that at all. A backup feature is technically feasible, and I will be doing a sync service for Awful for Android in the near future, so maybe I can integrate this feature request with that service.

LastInLine posted:

On the settings screen, Automatically collapse large quotes is on there twice, under Thread Options and at the bottom in Other Options.

Thanks for spotting this! Both were actually used but only one was needed. I've removed the bottom one.

LastInLine posted:

Is there a way this extension could be used to fix 219.css in YOSPOS so the Post, Reply, Quote, and Ratings buttons are fixed?

Yeah, it's just a matter of dev time which I've hardly had much of lately. This was asked a few pages back and has been floating around in the back of my head for a while now.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ferg posted:

I just checked the Options page documentation for the first time in a year or so and they still haven't evolved that at all. A backup feature is technically feasible, and I will be doing a sync service for Awful for Android in the near future, so maybe I can integrate this feature request with that service.

Thanks for spotting this! Both were actually used but only one was needed. I've removed the bottom one.

Yeah, it's just a matter of dev time which I've hardly had much of lately. This was asked a few pages back and has been floating around in the back of my head for a while now.
Thanks all around! I only asked about the backup because I thought I read in one of the Android threads that the settings automatically restored but I have to reinstall Chrome Portable on my USB drive every time a new version comes out and it'd never done it for me. Good to know I'm not crazy.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LastInLine posted:

Thanks all around! I only asked about the backup because I thought I read in one of the Android threads that the settings automatically restored but I have to reinstall Chrome Portable on my USB drive every time a new version comes out and it'd never done it for me. Good to know I'm not crazy.

Settings auto backup on the Android app which might be what you read. Right now for SALR settings are purely client side. Definitely will be something I look into for the sync feature I'm adding to the Android app though.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The background of this post by angerbeet isn't colored, even though he's an admin:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2472443&pagenumber=171#post398557214

edit

And here's a post of his that IS colored :confused:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3454891#post398580627

brylcreem fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 13, 2011

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
Both are colored for me. Odd.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zom Aur posted:

Same here

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I don't use admin post highlighting, but I have the same issue with name highlighting.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

unpronounceable posted:

I don't use admin post highlighting, but I have the same issue with name highlighting.

What if you disable the fancy SA extension?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Ferg posted:

What if you disable the fancy SA extension?

Nope, still has the same highlighting issues. The only other extension I have installed that modifies the contents of a page is Adblock Plus (experimental build).

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zom Aur posted:

Ferg posted:

Same here

I still have the problem. Even reloading the page multiple times.

My computar are dumb :saddowns:

Snow Fire
Oct 29, 2011

I just got this extension from the Chrome web store, I have to say, I love this extension very much. I haven't had any issues pop-up yet, keep up the good work, Ferg. :)

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
I completely admit I haven't read back any pages, but would it be possible to get a setting to turn off OP/mod/etc. highlighting on YOSPOS or other non-standard stylesheets only?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I wish more people worked on this, I really would like to be able to embed youtube videos as HD but Ferg is too busy with Awful I guess.

I would also like to be able to ignore tags like the Firefox version does.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

I wish more people worked on this, I really would like to be able to embed youtube videos as HD but Ferg is too busy with Awful I guess.

I would also like to be able to ignore tags like the Firefox version does.

Sorry I think I'm beating a dead horse asking this again, but I have looked into it and couldn't find a reliable solution (everything I tried didn't work). If anybody knows the proper embed code for this just paste it here, I'll update the extension.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Regardless of what I said about the current embed code youtube gives you not working last time this came up, the embed code the forums produces for this post did work for me.

Though, if it still doesn't for you it seems like that isn't 100% reliable.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Polsy posted:

Regardless of what I said about the current embed code youtube gives you not working last time this came up, the embed code the forums produces for this post did work for me.

Though, if it still doesn't for you it seems like that isn't 100% reliable.

It doesn't for me. I'll poke a bit and see what I can find, I was hacking on stuff tonight anyways.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I think this was talked about before, for me, the colors on several different computers and screens are way too light. It makes it difficult to tell between read and unread, I put in the colors the Firefox version uses but still the same problem. Is this a Chrome problem with color rendering? About the only thing that stops me from using the Chrome full time.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

calandryll posted:

I think this was talked about before, for me, the colors on several different computers and screens are way too light. It makes it difficult to tell between read and unread, I put in the colors the Firefox version uses but still the same problem. Is this a Chrome problem with color rendering? About the only thing that stops me from using the Chrome full time.

That might be a "lovely screen" problem. On my old netbook, I couldn't tell the difference even though on better laptops and my desktop they're as different as night and day.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

calandryll posted:

When I originally wrote the extension that was the only feature and I tried to use the exact colors from the Firefox extension but they straight up didn't render at all, so I picked the current defaults and left it at that. Recently somebody posted the hex values for the Firefox extension and I tried them again and while they're rendering now I still couldn't read them that well. I guess its a Chrome thing? On the rare occasion that I use Firefox the defaults still look great there.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
So, uhh, is this still being worked on? I've decided to give Chrome another go as my primary browser, but I need my SALR. I've got the extension installed, but some things don't seem to be working right.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

brc64 posted:

So, uhh, is this still being worked on? I've decided to give Chrome another go as my primary browser, but I need my SALR. I've got the extension installed, but some things don't seem to be working right.

I maintain on occasion as major breaks crop up, for the most part I consider it feature complete though. What's not working?

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Ferg posted:

I maintain on occasion as major breaks crop up, for the most part I consider it feature complete though. What's not working?

Well, at first I was missing the little Grenade jump list thing, but then I finally found the setting for it. And then Quick Reply wasn't working, but I'm typing in that box right now. The only other issue I've noticed is that when I enable moderator/admin highlighting, it highlights their username in the thread list, even if I have name highlighting turned off.

Is there any way to customize the jump list and have it only show a specific selection of forums?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

brc64 posted:

Well, at first I was missing the little Grenade jump list thing, but then I finally found the setting for it. And then Quick Reply wasn't working, but I'm typing in that box right now. The only other issue I've noticed is that when I enable moderator/admin highlighting, it highlights their username in the thread list, even if I have name highlighting turned off.

Is there any way to customize the jump list and have it only show a specific selection of forums?

First time you reply to a thread the quick reply won't work, its a prep thing while it gathers necessary bits required to work. I'll look into the highlighting.

Its been a long time since I looked at the jump list...I think I remember there being a pinning feature, or it was at least discussed. I don't use the feature personally so its tough to say.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Ferg posted:

First time you reply to a thread the quick reply won't work, its a prep thing while it gathers necessary bits required to work. I'll look into the highlighting.

Its been a long time since I looked at the jump list...I think I remember there being a pinning feature, or it was at least discussed. I don't use the feature personally so its tough to say.

The list pinning is a pretty major thing for me. There's only about 5 forums I regularly look at, and having quick access to each is pretty handy. Of course, since the grenade icon only shows up when I'm already on the forums, I'm still out of luck if I'm on some other site. Maybe I should just bookmark each forum and get at them through that instead...

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
I made this link for all SALR devs that want to keep track of when changes to the site's code are made. I've also been toying around with Quote highlighting, similar to message highlighting.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

brc64 posted:

The list pinning is a pretty major thing for me. There's only about 5 forums I regularly look at, and having quick access to each is pretty handy. Of course, since the grenade icon only shows up when I'm already on the forums, I'm still out of luck if I'm on some other site. Maybe I should just bookmark each forum and get at them through that instead...

I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't grab a link but head back to the Chrome Web Store and search for Something Awful. I have a separate browser bar extension that makes the jump list global. It works with your SALR settings so just keep both installed.

As for the pinning, I'll take a look in a bit. I know it cropped up at some point.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Capacitor posted:

I made this link for all SALR devs that want to keep track of when changes to the site's code are made. I've also been toying around with Quote highlighting, similar to message highlighting.

Nice, thanks!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
This is kind of old, but in the Quick Reply window, the preview doesn't parse bbcode if it's in all caps. Not a big deal, but maybe an easy fix? Only really matters when I'm copy-pasting from imgur.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH

Manky posted:

This is kind of old, but in the Quick Reply window, the preview doesn't parse bbcode if it's in all caps. Not a big deal, but maybe an easy fix? Only really matters when I'm copy-pasting from imgur.
I fixed it. I'll send a pull request to Ferg.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

Ferg posted:

I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't grab a link but head back to the Chrome Web Store and search for Something Awful. I have a separate browser bar extension that makes the jump list global. It works with your SALR settings so just keep both installed.

As for the pinning, I'll take a look in a bit. I know it cropped up at some point.

Oh, awesome! That takes care of getting to SA from outside the forums. Now if I could just customize that list, I'd be in great shape.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zeph posted:

I fixed it. I'll send a pull request to Ferg.

That's awesome, thanks! I wish there was some way I could throw some bucks towards SALR, it's such a great thing and I really appreciate all the time people have spent on it. Thanks again!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Does using certain smilies - namely :( and :) interestingly enough, break live preview for anyone else? The window won't show anything after entering the first smilie for some reason.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH

Stare-Out posted:

Does using certain smilies - namely :( and :) interestingly enough, break live preview for anyone else? The window won't show anything after entering the first smilie for some reason.
It's not just you. I fixed the issue.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zeph posted:

It's not just you. I fixed the issue.

I'll roll this out in a few, should update automatically for everybody

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

It doesn't for me. I'll poke a bit and see what I can find, I was hacking on stuff tonight anyways.

Any word on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

Any word on this?

I've been dabbling here and there but I've yet to find a reliable solution. It really shouldn't be this difficult.

• Locked thread