Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
E sounds like a rocking good time to relax, that last mission was pretty hectic.

More importantly, Hanse Davion now has Subhash Indrahar as a spymaster, who is just slightly less terrifying than Justin Xiang.

Edit: Totally grats to the new sakhan of Clan Hell Horses, Der Waffle Maus. You deserve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Ooooh, new update, let's see what happen-

:asoiaf:

...goddamn, I think I'm gonna need a cigarette after that one.

Gonna vote E - Solaris hijinks seem like the best option for everybody after that massive universe upheaval.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
E! Solaris for fun and frolics.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

C

Chicken Slayer
Nov 7, 2009
I leave this thread for a month and what happens?

Voting D I think. We still haven't heard anything about this dodgy Rim Worlds place.

JoaoLangston
Jul 24, 2006
E! Solaris. It should be a fun and exciting mission.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Solaris all the way.

Every place sounds interesting, but I just have to experience the announcers.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

D

Even if it is a false hope against the onslaught of the E votes, which to be honest I would enjoy seeing just as much. Solaris was always my favorite on the PC.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

E, Solaris.

None of the options stand out to me as being more interesting than the others, so gently caress it. Let's go to Space Vegas.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
That was one hell of a political update. :drat: Romano Liao is now the Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation; I look forward to seeing her/Justin run it into the ground. Quintus Allard, Maximillian Liao, Warlord Samsonov as well as plenty of other notables are dead. It's nice to see Matsukaze Ravenwater move up in the world, as well as the introduction of the Jade Falcons into the invasion.

thatbastardken posted:

ArE you not EntErtainEd? Is this not why you arE hErE?

(E)

Is the Khan Lair Siedman in the fluff update a different one to the guy who just got (idiotically) killed on Luthien?

I think PTN meant to say Grier Siedman. A tough choice to make this round. Still not particularly interested in Solaris as it uses up time with little in plot, but a lighter scenario could be called for at this point. Other the other hand, Option B sounds interesting to me. Option D is out of the question for me, representing the forces of Amaris is not acceptable.

I want to say B: MacGregor’s Armored Scouts: Proving our Loyalty, but what the hell; let's do E: Solaris VII: Factory Semi-Finals. Let's have a little fun before going off to utterly destroy Battletech canon even more than has already been done.

landcollector fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 13, 2012

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

E
D also also sounds kind of interesting, but after that last mission I think we could kick back and relax on Solaris.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

B

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
E

I thought Yorinaga was the new Coordinator? What the hell is up with Romana Liao, then?

I hope Yorinaga doesn't commit suicide, though I can't help but think Hanse Davion is making a mistake with the Capellan March and the whole I'm going to let the March be undefended and let them secede thing.

One hell of a political update, anyways.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Guys, we CAN'T choose E, because it's the semi-final matchups! That means if we win, the next combat theater vote would be FINALS, and goons aren't going to choose gladiatorial combat two votes in a row. So the smart thing to do would be to hold off on gladiation now, and come back to it next time when we can be crowned MechWarrior Champions of the Universe in the Solaris Fighting League!

Therefore, since everyone wants a mission off, so to speak, let's go with A! It's a training simulation against (ostensibly) friendlies, so if everyone dies, eh, better luck next time kid. If we win, we get the same(ish) bragging rights, just on the other side of the galaxy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Samsonov took an arrow to the knee, then?

...well-played, PTN.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
E

It's Solaris time! Delighted that the invasion isn't stopping. One successor state has ceased to exist in capitulation to another, three of the remaining four have had nations secede or be ceded, and the last is expanding against its neighbours.

With the Hell's Horses passing the baton to the Falcons to give them time to repair and refit, having just taken the capital of a successor state, and with ilKhan Kerensky at the helm, things are shaking up nicely.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
C

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Dias posted:

Samsonov took an arrow to the knee, then?

...well-played, PTN.

Goddamn.

:golfclap:

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Option E: Solaris

Oh yes, finally! Please??

I'm surprised that - even with their overextending - the Hell's Horses haven't advanced any further into former Draconis Combine territory. If the Draconis Suns still control all those worlds months after the battle of Luthien, then they don't seem to be in such a bad position!

Typo time:

In the section One Month Later (July, 3033), the word 'lead' should be 'led':

Khan Peregrine Mathus of Clan Jade Falcon slammed an open palm into his podium. “I nominate Natasha Kerensky to the task. She has lead this invasion every step of the way. It’s only fair that she continue to lead it to its inevitable conclusion.”

Also, as landcollector pointed out, while the last political update has Lair Siedman speaking at the council, it should properly be Grier.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Gimmick Account posted:

I'm surprised that - even with their overextending - the Hell's Horses haven't advanced any further into former Draconis Combine territory. If the Draconis Suns still control all those worlds months after the battle of Luthien, then they don't seem to be in such a bad position!

The Horses just handed over to the Falcons. The DS are still in for a world of hurt.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

AJ_Impy posted:

The Horses just handed over to the Falcons. The DS are still in for a world of hurt.

I know, I just thought that the political fallout from the Coordinator's death and the collapse at Luthien would make it easy to take nearby worlds without much of a fight.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

evilmiera posted:

D

Even if it is a false hope against the onslaught of the E votes, which to be honest I would enjoy seeing just as much. Solaris was always my favorite on the PC.

D because I hate the Capellans almost as much as the clans. Why can't the Jade Falcons invade the Capellan confederation. that would be awesome.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

lilljonas posted:

Welcome to the future, in the 80's. It is radical.

On one hand I like the grittiness of present-day BattleTech. On the other hand, I miss Rhonda Snord and her Thunderbolt modified to carry a boombox that blasts Elvis tunes.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Gimmick Account posted:

I know, I just thought that the political fallout from the Coordinator's death and the collapse at Luthien would make it easy to take nearby worlds without much of a fight.

Luthien was expensive. Not pyrrhic given its magnitude as a success, but the Horses are sufficiently depleted to make capitalisation on their gains difficult. It may be that the demoralised worlds will yet fall quickly: We shall have to see.

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008
D for the real heir to the Star League!

Gladi fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 13, 2012

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
A because I can't get enough of stories like that.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
DRACONIS SUNS! :wooper:

God Save The Coordinator-Prince. :davion:

That is basically all the coherence I can muster for that political update at this hour. (Subesh Indrahar as The Fox's intel chief. Dear sweet Christ on a pogo stick that is just not fair. :D)

As for the vote: Solaris has got this in the bag. But... PTN has mentioned that 2nd and 3rd place does have an effect. And I dearly, dearly want the Sword Of The Dragon to become the badass unifying unit it should be. So I will Vote A and encourage others to boost it to a respectable second as we enjoy the pleasures of Duncan Fisher.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Mukaikubo posted:

DRACONIS SUNS! :wooper:

God Save The Coordinator-Prince. :davion:

That is basically all the coherence I can muster for that political update at this hour. (Subesh Indrahar as The Fox's intel chief. Dear sweet Christ on a pogo stick that is just not fair. :D)

As for the vote: Solaris has got this in the bag. But... PTN has mentioned that 2nd and 3rd place does have an effect. And I dearly, dearly want the Sword Of The Dragon to become the badass unifying unit it should be. So I will Vote A and encourage others to boost it to a respectable second as we enjoy the pleasures of Duncan Fisher.

Quoting this so hard. With Hanse and Subesh on the same team it is game over for everyone else. Voting A as the best of a bunch of average options although I won't object to some solaris action either.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Votin A. All glory to the Dragon, even if it must be preserved by the most hated Prince.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 13, 2012

Aesirstorm
Sep 16, 2002

NOT GAY
Dinosaur Gum
E It is time, let there be giant mech gladiatorial combat.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Voting E because that last mission left me exhausted.

Life should be simple for a while.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gonna vote C, because Federasts are for shooting at.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Also something I noticed a little loophole for any capellan employed mercs.

Sign up with Morgan Hasek and you are not fighting for Davion or the Free Worlds League

This PSA was brought to you by the Friends Of New Syrtis

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Voting A.

Man this was a great update once again. I like how you are balancing the Federated Suns' gains somewhat by having the Cappellan March succeed. It even covers the Draconic Suns' back so that they can focus on stabilizing their new territory and fending off Clan invaders.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Well. That was a thing.

While my brain finishes exploding, I think I'm going to vote A just to throw it into second place.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Gonna go with A

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
A

I want to see the new Draconis Suns in action :iamafag:

Solaris isn't that interesting and it will take soooo long to do the turns, don't know why people want that.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Finally... finally... finally... the thread! Has come back! To Solaris! For the millions........ and millions of Battletech fans in the PTN Universe! (voting E).

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
A.

Nothing like following up a steak with a second helping of steak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh god, look at that map! Look at it! That Draconis Suns logo is bitching.

I want to play all of those scenarios, but since we can't, I guess I'll settle for taking a time out and letting ourselves absorb the shock of it all. E.

• Locked thread