Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Have you guys messed around with Springtomize? It seems to have a ton of features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I need some help.

I jailbroke an iPad wifi with absinthe 0.4 and ever since then, every single app keeps crashing when I click on it and it randomly freezes.

I've tried restoring it, but it keeps saying that apple's servers can't be reached ..

What to do?

Hosts file is unedited, redirecting gs.apple to saurik's server gives the same error.

Ping results from both saurik's server and gs.apple.com are fine.

EDIT: It was some stupid thing from Cydia ... all good now!

Odette fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 11, 2012

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Anyone know why when I try to rename a folder with folderenhancer on, the keyboard will not pop up? It sits there awaiting input but it kind of hard to type without the keyboard. I had it installed a day ago working fine, but my phone poo poo out and I just had to restore and now I have this problem, no idea why. I don't have anything else that messes with folders installed to my knowledge.

edit: Why is my iphone wigging out so much today? After a reboot it works fine.

Damo fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 11, 2012

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
If I restored to factory settings to get a jailbreak to work, can I then restore from backup to get everything back to the way I like it and still keep the jailbreak in tact, or am I just out of luck and need to redownload and sync everything again?

Anmitzcuaca
Nov 23, 2005

Do we have any jailbreak developers here? I want a tweak that displays upcoming calendar events for the next 2/3/4/5/whatever days and keeps them on the lockscreen at all times.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I installed Fake Location, but uninstalled it after it started complaining about the trial being expired. I still get popups notifying me that the trial has expired, despite having uninstalled it. Anyone have any idea how I can stop them?

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.
Finally got around to buying FolderEnhancer and god drat I wish I'd done it earlier. What a fantastic utility. I wouldn't mind if the developer added custom folder icons sometime down the line but otherwise this is perfect.

Oh, and to the Calendar Colors developer that posts here sometimes, I can't seem to figure your app out. I'm guessing that I'm supposed to be going to Settings > Calendar Colors to change colors, but I just get presented with a blank screen every time, like so:

I tried reinstalling it in Cydia, but that didn't work. Any tips?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Anmitzcuaca posted:

Do we have any jailbreak developers here? I want a tweak that displays upcoming calendar events for the next 2/3/4/5/whatever days and keeps them on the lockscreen at all times.

Lockinfo or intelliscreenX.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

burmart posted:

If I restored to factory settings to get a jailbreak to work, can I then restore from backup to get everything back to the way I like it and still keep the jailbreak in tact, or am I just out of luck and need to redownload and sync everything again?

Either of these ways works:

- Restore
- Restore from Backup
- Jailbreak

- Restore
- Jailbreak
- Restore from Backup

Rated PG-34 posted:

I installed Fake Location, but uninstalled it after it started complaining about the trial being expired. I still get popups notifying me that the trial has expired, despite having uninstalled it. Anyone have any idea how I can stop them?

I don't even see that on our goon compatibility list. I have no idea if that works with 5.x, 4.x, 3.x, etc. Its own changelog only mentions "4.2" compatibility, and that it hasn't been updated in almost a year. I do know that installing unknown and incompatible poo poo will break things, requiring a wipe & restore of your device.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
I'm using a different location spoofer called LocationHolic. I only installed and uninstalled Fake Location in a passing after realizing it was shareware.

Anmitzcuaca
Nov 23, 2005

randyest posted:

They're expensive and I'll only use a tiny bit of their functionality. I don't want quick reply buttons and other crap I'm not going to use all over my lockscreen.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Has anyone used TruPrint?

It detects and prints to my Brother HL-2170W just fine, but I'm not sure how to change some options.

On my iPad 2, options do nothing. With the PDF Printer, I "print" to it, but nothing happens.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Two quick questions

1) JB my Iphone 4S and the couple tracks I bought via itunes no longer play on the device, whether it's through the music player or like the djay app. Anyway to fix this?

2) Can I use itunes to get new music onto the phone now that it's jailbroken?

PunkRockTuba
Apr 29, 2007

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

jojoinnit posted:

BiteSMS on iOS4 used to let me open a missed text by tapping the missed text icon at the top of the screen, but this doesn't seem to work in OS5. Is it just me?

I remember this happening to me as well. I was reading around on their forums and the developer knows about it and I believe he said he is going to implement it into a later addition.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Morphix posted:

Two quick questions

1) JB my Iphone 4S and the couple tracks I bought via itunes no longer play on the device, whether it's through the music player or like the djay app. Anyway to fix this?

2) Can I use itunes to get new music onto the phone now that it's jailbroken?

1) delete and redownload.

2) yes.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Anmitzcuaca posted:

randyest posted:

Anmitzcuaca posted:

They're expensive and I'll only use a tiny bit of their functionality. I don't want quick reply buttons and other crap I'm not going to use all over my lockscreen.
v:shobon:v sorry but I don't think anyone is likely to develop you a custom app for less than $8 when two very good (and reasonably-priced, in my opinion) apps already exist to meet that need and then some.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.

HorseDickSandwich posted:

jojoinnit posted:

BiteSMS on iOS4 used to let me open a missed text by tapping the missed text icon at the top of the screen, but this doesn't seem to work in OS5. Is it just me?

I remember this happening to me as well. I was reading around on their forums and the developer knows about it and I believe he said he is going to implement it into a later addition.

Perhaps LockInfo, IntelliScreenX, and/or BiteSMS kills this functionality, but people are aware of this feature, right? (1:40 in this video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heAlZLCC9gc&t=100s

It works on any notification on the lock screen - whether it's the active, single modal notification, or in the scrollable list of notifications.

Rick Rickshaw fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 13, 2012

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Anmitzcuaca posted:

Once I get my PC hackintoshed so I can use xcode and all that junk, I want to look into jailbreak dev. Does anyone know of any jailbreak related dev documentation?

TheChipmunk
Sep 29, 2003

Eschew Obfuscation
Is there any good way to export SMS/iMessage and all contacts to an excel file? (Jailbroken or not?)
I want to access the data on my computer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheChipmunk posted:

Is there any good way to export SMS/iMessage and all contacts to an excel file? (Jailbroken or not?)
I want to access the data on my computer.

You should be able to pull text/messages from a backup. Look for poo poo like backup extractor or whatever new one is out. Bonus of this is that it shouldn't need a jailbreak.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Nerdrock posted:

1) delete and redownload.

2) yes.

Thanks for the info, just a quick follow-up. The songs don't show up in Itunes when I connect the device, how do I delete the songs off the phone? I can only seem to delete playlists.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You should be able to pull text/messages from a backup. Look for poo poo like backup extractor or whatever new one is out. Bonus of this is that it shouldn't need a jailbreak.

This would have worked nicely in iOS 4. I even had an SQL script that would populate the names of the corresponding contact from your address book database for each of the messages. This was necessary because Apple only stored phone numbers in sms.db.

Flash forward to iOS 5, and I have no idea how to open the database. All you get is "file is encrypted or is not a database" errors. If anyone figures it out, you'd be my friend forever.

Valencia
Feb 1, 2005

Cyril, go lock up the product before Cokie Monster here gobbles it all up.

:catdrugs:

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Perhaps LockInfo, IntelliScreenX, and/or BiteSMS kills this functionality, but people are aware of this feature, right? (1:40 in this video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heAlZLCC9gc&t=100s

It works on any notification on the lock screen - whether it's the active, single modal notification, or in the scrollable list of notifications.

:aaa: Holy crap, that's awesome!

I just tested that with biteSMS installed (no Lockinfo or Intelliscreen) and it auto-opens the Quick Reply box. Thank you for pointing this out!

(I do also miss the tap-icon-to-open-text functionality and was going to post about it here, but this will be useful in the meantime.)

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know of a jailbreak app/modification that will let me fix apps in the multitask switcher? I would like to pin the Camera app in there so that double-tapping the home button will always present me with the camera button.

I know I could do things with Activator, but I specifically want to mimic the lockscreen functionality.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Rick Rickshaw posted:

He's talking about the little chat bubble icon in the status bar that lets you know you've got an unread text. Before you could tap on it and it'd bring up a list of all your unread texts. Now tapping on it does nothing.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Morphix posted:

Thanks for the info, just a quick follow-up. The songs don't show up in Itunes when I connect the device, how do I delete the songs off the phone? I can only seem to delete playlists.

it took me for loving ever to figure this one out, too. swipe across the song on your phone and the delete button will show up.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Nerdrock posted:

it took me for loving ever to figure this one out, too. swipe across the song on your phone and the delete button will show up.

Awesome! Thanks. Certain things about iphones makes me laugh, the easiest things end up making me feel stupid. And I used to geek out over building computers and all that jazz, I don't know what happened :(

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
If anyone did get into jailbreak dev I'd love a simple app that can send when a call or SMS comes in to a computer over wifi or bluetooth.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

~Coxy posted:

If anyone did get into jailbreak dev I'd love a simple app that can send when a call or SMS comes in to a computer over wifi or bluetooth.

You can do this for texting already

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
That's not really the same thing though. While impressive, it's just a web server on the iPhone that effectively lets you use the SMS app through a browser.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a tweak which makes the camera button always on the lockscreen?

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

Is it such a hassle to double-click home instead of single-click it?

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

obi_ant posted:

Is there a tweak which makes the camera button always on the lockscreen?

Yes, it's called CameraLocker

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I got an ipad2 for Xmas, it is my first iOS thing and my first jailbreak. I've installed lockinfo and when actually waking up from being locked when I open the smartcover it always gives me a frozen screen with the keypad to enter my key, facing the wrong way. I can't interact with this screen and it unfucks itself after I hit the power button again. Then if I close the smartcover and open it again immediately I get e lockinfo screen and can unlock it as intended. What is going on here?

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

Boredumb posted:

Yes, it's called CameraLocker

This is cool, thank you.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

This happens to my girlfriend on her 3GS running 4.2.something. Drives me nuts because every time I look at her phone, I see 35 updates available. Of course it drives her more nuts because she can't update Diner Dash.

Sometimes signing in and out of the AppStore works 24% of the time.

I decided to restore - to fix that, and some other minor annoyances. But before I restored, I mass-uninstalled a bunch of jailbreak packages, and then tried updating an app. Success! One thing that caught my eye was the fact that when I tried to update one app, it gave me a warning that it was over 20 MB and it wouldn't update unless I connected to WiFi.

Clearly I uninstalled 3G Unrestrictor, which had unrestricted my App Store until this point. I never did any further testing because I'm lazy / annoyed at this point, but that potential cause really makes sense to me. More so than any other potential cause I've been able to think of.

Rick Rickshaw fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 14, 2012

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Is there an app that will stop safari from showing my previous google searches? Sick of coworkers seeing my medical issues.

mewse
May 2, 2006

hey man if my coworkers don't wanna know i have herpes, they can stop asking to use my phone, that's all i'm saying

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

mewse posted:

hey man if my coworkers don't wanna know i have herpes, they can stop asking to use my phone, that's all i'm saying

Yeah, I was being facetious about that. But seriously get a moment of panic anytime someone uses it or I show them something. "WHAT IN GODS NAME DID I RECENTLY SEARCH?!"

edit: iPad FWIW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

TraderStav posted:

Yeah, I was being facetious about that. But seriously get a moment of panic anytime someone uses it or I show them something. "WHAT IN GODS NAME DID I RECENTLY SEARCH?!"

edit: iPad FWIW

i'm not aware of a jailbreak tweak and you might already be aware of this, but going settings > safari > clear history should clear it up manually.

• Locked thread