Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

As if the sword isn't enough, he has a USA jacket..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

soy posted:

I came here to post this.

here's something else instead, a true two wheel drive moto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGF3dkvPTbw

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

hayden. posted:

I came here to post this.

here's something else instead, a true two wheel drive moto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGF3dkvPTbw

Is that a Rokon?

edit: nevermind "rokon.mts"

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

soy posted:

Tried desperately to find a Peter Griffin pic with a sword and a motorcycle. :saddowns:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

soy posted:

hang on, that's not an SV650, Ninja 250 or a Ninja 500!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

He looks like he ran 3 miles to get on that bike in time to take the picture

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Olde Weird Tip posted:

He had to fight his way through the hordes of bitches clamoring to take his V-card

the most powerful card in his deck

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
He appears to be having a hard time holding that bike up even with the kickstand down.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

soy posted:

Heroes get remembered, but legends never die

The boots are the best part.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

soy posted:

Silver, dude... hit the gym, man.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

sigtrap posted:

[img-supraslam]

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo. I work with this guy. He wears that jacket to work every day.

loving weird. That's the first time anything like this has ever popped up on an internet forum where I know the person personally, not through a friend of a friend or whatever.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

If it helps, he looks friendly enough. I'd be curious to know what the circumstance was with the sword though if it wasn't just a "lets do a retarded pose" thing.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

...how much does being a larger person effect the handling of the bike? I mean, there's no way in the world you could lean it properly .. is there?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Handling itself? Total talking out of my rear end, probably less than you'd think. Acceleration and overall power? Somewhat, and that would be directly influenced by the blubber quotient.

I am far from a small guy (and lost 20lbs in the past 2 months) but I guess if the rider is big enough for his belly to get in the way or shifting in the seat it could, but that's not "larger person" that's jabba the hut grotesque.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not saying a 300lb guy can flick like someone that's 120lb.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 14, 2012

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
The biggest issue will be how the suspension is basically bottomed the entire time. Performance is much more limited by the rider than weight. The videos of the goldwings ripping up deals gap show that nicely.

With properly sprung suspension, it'd be just fine.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

slidebite posted:

If it helps, he looks friendly enough. I'd be curious to know what the circumstance was with the sword though if it wasn't just a "lets do a retarded pose" thing.

He is a really nice guy. I know the guy is into medival stuff. He is one of those guys that dresses up in armor for renaissance fairs. He wears a pentagram medallion around his neck. He is also really intelligent, while I have never seen it he talks about all of the weird structural poo poo he makes when he goes to Burning Man every year.

He just changed shifts to back-half of the week but next time I see him I'll mention I saw the picture on a forum and people from the internet were wondering the circumstances behind the photo. He'll probably get a kick out that.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Olde Weird Tip posted:

10 seconds! huff puff.

content:

Triumph Scrambler 900

and how do you carry a 22" LCD on your bike?

occy straps.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Z3n posted:

The biggest issue will be how the suspension is basically bottomed the entire time. Performance is much more limited by the rider than weight. The videos of the goldwings ripping up deals gap show that nicely.

With properly sprung suspension, it'd be just fine.

Interesting, and I hadn't thought about goldwings and such. Thanks. I don't know any overweight riders personally so it's not really anything I'd thought of before now.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Olde Weird Tip posted:

[img-supraslam]

The slam is in implying silver rides a yamaha.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

sigtrap posted:

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Anymore of that talk and I shall ride up there and sheath the naked blade of my katana in your VFR's luggage racks and tank!

KARMA! posted:

The slam is in implying silver rides a yamaha.

Eh, I'm cool with Yamaha, if it were a Suzuki then thems some fightin words there.

Also I ride a KTM now, it's Australian and since I took off the # stickers on the side plates I'm debating replacing them with big kangaroo stickers. Oh and even though I ride an aussie bike now I still cannot stand Stoner, just FYI.

content:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Silver posted:

Also I ride a KTM now, it's Austrian

Was going to say no kangaroos there but apparently there are some and the place used to be used for kangaroo storage.

Have a BRD SM

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Kommando posted:

Triumph Scrambler 900

Cool. Sort of a cross between the Bonneville Steve McQueen special edition coming out this year and the Six Days scrambler tribute they did 4-5 years ago.

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/motorcycles/range/classics/bonneville/special/10238

I have no idea which config is more suitable for hopping a barbed wire barricade...

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
I try not to hop on this meme poo poo, but this really hits home

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
A guy's photoshopped plan for his FZ6

Blegh. http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/42651-no-one-wants-my-bike-so-streetfighter-project-continues.html

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhmFDx1ekf8
Quick 40 second clip from WERA in Vegas, questionable riding.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

BlackMK4 posted:

Don't mind me, just takin a mid-corner break and using your fairing as a pillow.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

BlackMK4 posted:

So wanted it to turn into this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

SaNChEzZ posted:

Don't mind me, just takin a mid-corner break and using your fairing as a pillow.

When a rider is inside of you it's sorta your own fault. The guy on the inside ran a bit wide maybe, but the on board rider should have probably backed off. If he had just given up the position it appeared that he could have dove back on the inside instead of running wide. Whatever it's racing, nobody crashed so who cares.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
There is more to the incident than the video. :v:
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=47264

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Jesus christ

quote:

and yelling at Ben Solis Sr. “Do you want to get lay’ed out!!!” as Pascarella Sr. starts to body check Solis Sr. the situation is starting to get ugly. Solis Sr. keeps his cool, walks off, doesn’t retaliate or say anything, just walks to the Pit and later filed an official complaint with the sanctioning body WERA,' the post reads.
You'd think they're lovely parents at a pee-wee hockey game or something. At least Solis kept his poo poo together.

:wtc:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

n8r posted:

When a rider is inside of you it's sorta your own fault. The guy on the inside ran a bit wide maybe, but the on board rider should have probably backed off. If he had just given up the position it appeared that he could have dove back on the inside instead of running wide. Whatever it's racing, nobody crashed so who cares.

Sorry, I'm used to cars.. even if you come up inside, you have to be past front quarter to have right-of-way, if it was NASA he would have been flagged for that maneuver.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

The guy that got run off the track sounds horribly butt hurt. That's racing, man.

SaNChEzZ posted:

Sorry, I'm used to cars.. even if you come up inside, you have to be past front quarter to have right-of-way, if it was NASA he would have been flagged for that maneuver.

I've never heard of right-of-way in motorcycle racing, but it's certainly possible it exists. I think it's usually a case-by-case basis on whether someone was intentionally dangerous or had poor conduct.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

hayden. posted:

The guy that got run off the track sounds horribly butt hurt. That's racing, man.
The runner-offer's dad ( :wtc: ) is the one yelling, not the one that got run off.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 14, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The thing with bike racing that I dont get is that if someone comes into a corner inside of you, without constantly looking back, how are you supposed to know they're there? Obviously there is some solution to this because motorcycle racers arent perpetually pit maneuvering each other, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

The runner-offer's dad ( :wtc: ) is the one yelling, not the one that got run off.

quote:

Reached by phone, Benny Solis said, "I think it was 100% intentional but I don't care because I don't think he's a professional racer. He ran me off the track because he didn't want to have to race me for the win."

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Olde Weird Tip posted:

The thing with bike racing that I dont get is that if someone comes into a corner inside of you, without constantly looking back, how are you supposed to know they're there? Obviously there is some solution to this because motorcycle racers arent perpetually pit maneuvering each other, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

The impression I've gotten is that the bikes are so loud it's pretty obvious when one is close to you.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Whoops.

hayden. posted:

The impression I've gotten is that the bikes are so loud it's pretty obvious when one is close to you.
Oh, god, the feeling and sound when you get buzzed close for the first time on the track makes you suck the seat up your rear end in a top hat then start cackling like a mad man to yourself.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Posted this over in the Korea thread, figured it'd be appreciated here. My friend's daily commute on his scoot.

I'll have this to look forward to in a few months but on a GSX R750 instead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-veqdNisJZ8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
He got pinched pretty tight a few times...godspeed on a gsxr.