Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

I vote A.

Not that Solaris isn't interesting and fun, but the politically important fights are what make this thread neat.

Even when I have no idea who any of these characters are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I say combine the two! Solaris special feature.

#megamek posted:

<AJ_Impy> "This is Duncan Fisher, live at the Sword of the Dragon trials here for the Draconis Suns. Now, I'm no fan of this new-fangled union state, but there's no questioning the calibre of the 'mech-pilots on display. It's Solaris time!"

Except maybe replace "Solaris" with Quentin or Al'Nair or wherever the exercise is being held.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
If this thread is ComStar than we need a First Circuit.

I will grudgingly accept the role of Precentor New Avalon for myself. Just don't tell me to interdict the DracSuns.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Well I'm terrible at drawing mechs but I tried my hand at Matsukaze Ravenwater. I assume Ravenwater is a male and at least vaguely asian in appearance. If it was in color, the bird would be yellow.

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Wasn't sure for a while, but I'm going to vote for E.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Tempest_56 posted:

The Taurians, on the other hand, were forced to build a new klaxon factory just so they could set off more paniced alarms.

How... how did you learn this!?! We've been infiltrated!

:siren::derp::siren: THE DAVIONS ARE COMING THE DAVIONS ARE COMING :siren::derp::siren:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Doesnt the 1st Sword of Light imply more Taku?

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS
Voting A for basically the same reasons as Teledahn.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

A is closing the gap quickly. Shame the people who voted C can't change their votes, since I know a lot of them are in the 'Anything but Solaris' camp.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
As my mistake earlier in the thread implies, I'd be fine with A or E, really.

I really like A, though, especially since it might mean we get to see those pilots in real action later on.

Thanatz
Nov 4, 2010

Subterfrugal posted:

Doesnt the 1st Sword of Light imply more Taku?

There were two fleets of Clan battleships around Luthien and no Combine jumpships. Anyone who was on Luthien is almost certainly either dead or a bondsman by now.

Amhazair
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I wasn't quite sure about A at first, having seen quite a lot of DC action recently, on top of it being 'just' a training exercise.

But in the end the integration of two very different sets of elite pilots (possbile including a couple of famous ones the knowledgeable followers will no doubt tell us everything about) offers too much opportunities for intresting fluff not to choose it. Let's have us some training exercise.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Thanatz posted:

There were two fleets of Clan battleships around Luthien and no Combine jumpships. Anyone who was on Luthien is almost certainly either dead or a bondsman by now.

In my heart, Taku is like Orr in Catch-22. Two days after the sacking of Luthien the charred, yet intact, head and torso of his Jenner somehow ended up crashing into the sea on Terra five miles offshore of old Sweden.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Subterfrugal posted:

In my heart, Taku is like Orr in Catch-22. Two days after the sacking of Luthien the charred, yet intact, head and torso of his Jenner somehow ended up crashing into the sea on Terra five miles offshore of old Sweden.

The real reason Taku's lancemates disrespected him - the number of times he crashed a 'Mech. They didn't realize he was practicing. He was planning.

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

This is the face of Lawful Good!

Fun Shoe
I don't normally vote in this thread but A seems really interesting, even if Solaris is interesting too. Coming from Paingod's thread I feel less of a need for Solaris related hijinks.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The real reason Taku's lancemates disrespected him - the number of times he crashed a 'Mech. They didn't realize he was practicing. He was planning.

And plus he put cotton in his ramen, secretly.

As practice. That's why he was eating ramen all the time.

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
Voting A.

Ready! Set! Blow! fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 14, 2012

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Looks like A is down 3 votes. Which goon shall emerge as the Prince's Champion and give the AFDS the win?

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.

KnoxZone posted:

Looks like A is down 3 votes. Which goon shall emerge as the Prince's Champion and give the AFDS the win?

*cough* Coordinator-Prince *cough*

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Gonna vote A.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Zeroisanumber posted:

The mechs in the FYAD thread have all been given over-large, indifferently placed breasts and covered in pictures of cats.

The LRM shoot nothing but dongs and :frog: is painted on the dome of every Atlas.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I vote for option A.

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
Voting E , sounds more interesting.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Option A for Awesome!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I'd like to switch from E to A

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

My biggest beef with the idea of a PVP fight is it will be absolutely terrible for the newbies. Looking at the player list I see some really skilled players coming up soon, but I also know some people have never played Battletech. Add to that PTN can't know who is skilled and not and you could have some really unfun matches.

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh

AtomikKrab posted:

I'd like to switch from E to A

There's no changing votes unfortunately. Not that I mind (personally I'm fine with either winning, though I voted E).

Looks like E is ahead by 1 if the last count was correct. A is probably going to win, depending on how many lurkers are left and whether PTN is about to call it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

cwDeici posted:

There's no changing votes unfortunately. Not that I mind (personally I'm fine with either winning, though I voted E).

Looks like E is ahead by 1 if the last count was correct. A is probably going to win, depending on how many lurkers are left and whether PTN is about to call it.

:v: my clever plot foiled. (I knew in advance it wouldn't work this has all been part of my evil plot.) :3:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

cwDeici posted:

Then I shall vote A and make things exciting (though I'd be happy with any of them).

This thread has more suspense just during voting than most threads ever do. And that pales compared to the actual scenarios.

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh

AtomikKrab posted:

:v: my clever plot foiled. (I knew in advance it wouldn't work this has all been part of my evil plot.) :3:

Oh, by 'not that I mind' I didn't mean anything, just that I wasn't trying to be pedant.
Where's your avie from btw? I don't usually like American comics, but it's neat!

Personally I think the inexperienced pilots versus experienced ones can go both ways. It could be both hilarious or fail to work.

---
oooh, we're dead even now. What happens if PTN calls the vote? :downs:

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Voting A, Solaris can wait.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
I hate Solaris in all of it's forms. Voting A.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

cwDeici posted:

Oh, by 'not that I mind' I didn't mean anything, just that I wasn't trying to be pedant.
Where's your avie from btw? I don't usually like American comics, but it's neat!

Personally I think the inexperienced pilots versus experienced ones can go both ways. It could be both hilarious or fail to work.

---
oooh, we're dead even now. What happens if PTN calls the vote? :downs:

It is spiderman as SPIDER-ZEUS, electrocuting Magneto.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

AtomikKrab posted:

It is spiderman as SPIDER-ZEUS, electrocuting Magneto.

Why do you and the other guy have the exact same avatar?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

TildeATH posted:

Why do you and the other guy have the exact same avatar?

There's an avatar fairy in the Funny Panels thread in BSS. You may also have noticed a bunch of hard hat Spideys around - same thing.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I'm going to vote A. Lets see the new guys in action.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I'm going to vote E.

I loves me some Solaris, I think it would be a relaxing little detour and if it happens to be PVP so much the better.

Patchouli
Mar 30, 2011
Voting A

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Chance II posted:

Well I'm terrible at drawing mechs but I tried my hand at Matsukaze Ravenwater. I assume Ravenwater is a male and at least vaguely asian in appearance. If it was in color, the bird would be yellow.

Not getting enough rep, I always enjoy Chance II's work and this is a neat mechwarrior who manages to not look like an 80's fashion disaster.

Nice addition of the bird, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Voting E. Solaris sounds like a nice break.

• Locked thread