Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

TraderStav posted:

Is there an app that will stop safari from showing my previous google searches? Sick of coworkers seeing my medical issues.

Just get Atomic Web Browser. It's far and away better than Safari, it costs one dollar and has all sorts of privacy features. And a shitload of other neat features, to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

mewse posted:

i'm not aware of a jailbreak tweak and you might already be aware of this, but going settings > safari > clear history should clear it up manually.

Thanks, was hoping there'd be something that would just disable it. Appreciate it!

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning.
Is there some method of backing up and restoring individual apps to and from my pc?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Solly posted:

Is there some method of backing up and restoring individual apps to and from my pc?

Try DataDeposit, it's in Cydia and will backup/restore apps to your computer via Dropbox.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Try DataDeposit, it's in Cydia and will backup/restore apps to your computer via Dropbox.

This. It's easily one of the coolest things on Cydia and might be worth jailbreaking for alone.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bazaar apparatus posted:

This. It's easily one of the coolest things on Cydia and might be worth jailbreaking for alone.

Really wish he would add a "backup everything" option.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Really wish he would add a "backup everything" option.

Yeah that'd be nice. Or maybe even just an option to toggle the ones you want and then back those up all at once. But otherwise it's such a good idea that I still recommend it.

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Nice, now if only I could get past this beginning jailbreak message I'll be laughing.

I've turned VPN on since google told me this might help, but I'm reluctant to do a full wipe restore because this thing is pretty much a full 32gb and it will take all night to do that. How long does it generally take for it to get past the beginning phase? Absinthe hasn't actually crashed yet but I've been waiting about half an hour.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Solly posted:

Nice, now if only I could get past this beginning jailbreak message I'll be laughing.

I've turned VPN on since google told me this might help, but I'm reluctant to do a full wipe restore because this thing is pretty much a full 32gb and it will take all night to do that. How long does it generally take for it to get past the beginning phase? Absinthe hasn't actually crashed yet but I've been waiting about half an hour.

I had that message up for almost 40 minutes. I thought it had failed, but decided to wait it out. it ended up working fine.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Ever since upgrading to 5.0.1 and the jailbreak for it, I've been entirely unable to back up my ipod. Both itunes and icloud backups just hang forever. On top of not being able to back the thing up, this also prevents me from syncing ANYTHING. Wipe/restore isn't an option because I can't back my poo poo up. Would rejailbreaking it as-is potentially fix this without loving anything up? Any other ideas?

E: the iCloud backup might actually be working, it just sat on 'estimating time remaining' for ages until I set it not to backup the two apps that were 80% of my memory usage.

Javid fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 15, 2012

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Solly posted:

Just did it last night. Do jailbreak, when iPad is ready, turn on VPN, hit ok on error and wait. It will reboot. Cydia will be there.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Javid posted:

Ever since upgrading to 5.0.1 and the jailbreak for it, I've been entirely unable to back up my ipod. Both itunes and icloud backups just hang forever. On top of not being able to back the thing up, this also prevents me from syncing ANYTHING. Wipe/restore isn't an option because I can't back my poo poo up. Would rejailbreaking it as-is potentially fix this without loving anything up? Any other ideas?

E: the iCloud backup might actually be working, it just sat on 'estimating time remaining' for ages until I set it not to backup the two apps that were 80% of my memory usage.

My iPhone 4S would not back up a few days back. It sat at "waiting for changes to be applied" or something.

It backed up fine in Safe Mode, so I figured something I had installed was screwing things up. I believe it was the program "Call Blocker" that was causing my trouble.

A wipe & restore didn't fix it, but I haven't had the issue since removing that program.

Do you have a lot of stuff from Cydia installed?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Xenomorph posted:

My iPhone 4S would not back up a few days back. It sat at "waiting for changes to be applied" or something.

It backed up fine in Safe Mode, so I figured something I had installed was screwing things up. I believe it was the program "Call Blocker" that was causing my trouble.

A wipe & restore didn't fix it, but I haven't had the issue since removing that program.

Do you have a lot of stuff from Cydia installed?

I do, but Call Blocker definitely isn't one, since it's not a phone. Time to go on a cull!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Well, I removed every jailbreak package I can live without, and it's still not working. Safe mode doesn't let it back up either, but that might (hopefully) mean the culprit package just doesn't honor safe mode. Anyone have any idea what apps *might* cause this type of issue? I might just have to remove them all and start from scratch here.

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003
Is there a hack that'll enable Airplay to use multiple speakers simultaneously? It was a feature in the iOS 4.2 GM but as far as I can tell has never actually made it into production.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I've googled this a bit, but can't find anything definitive: Ever since I've jailbroken my 4S, iTunes keeps popping up with sync errors. I can't sync my phone via cable or wifi, is there a setting I need to flip to make my phone discoverable, a la bluetooth? Is this a problem any of you have had?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Is anyone here having SwipeToMoveCursor issues? Specifically, it's just not working on iOS5? It was working when I updated to this JB for a little while, but now it's just not working anymore.

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

well after last nights failed jailbreak I ran absinthe again to restore the settings it had changed and went to sleep with it fully charged. Got home from work just now and the battery is completely dead. Looks like I'm going to have to wipe it now anyway. No idea what could have made it do that though.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
My iPhone has started randomly restarting itself several times a day. I only have the usual tweaks installed like FakeCockUp and BiteSMS.

I did recently install CameraLocker, could that cause that sort of issue?

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

jojoinnit posted:

My iPhone has started randomly restarting itself several times a day. I only have the usual tweaks installed like FakeCockUp and BiteSMS.

Mine was doing that recently. I uninstalled openssh and it is back to normal now.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Atarian posted:

Mine was doing that recently. I uninstalled openssh and it is back to normal now.

I havent got openssh (or any ssh app) installed though. I tried reinstalling CameraLocker and it threw up an error so I just removed it. Hopefully that will solve the restarts although I will miss being able to easily open the camera from the lockscreen. I know os5 has the double click built in but my phone doesn't like to recognise my doubleclicks half the time.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

jojoinnit posted:

I havent got openssh (or any ssh app) installed though. I tried reinstalling CameraLocker and it threw up an error so I just removed it. Hopefully that will solve the restarts although I will miss being able to easily open the camera from the lockscreen. I know os5 has the double click built in but my phone doesn't like to recognise my doubleclicks half the time.

I have no problems with cameralocker. weird.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Are there any jailbreak apps that will rumble the phone when I hit a key on the keyboard? It's nice getting feedback on an Android device when I'm typing something, but I haven't been able to find anything similar for jailbroken iOS devices.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Karthe posted:

Are there any jailbreak apps that will rumble the phone when I hit a key on the keyboard? It's nice getting feedback on an Android device when I'm typing something, but I haven't been able to find anything similar for jailbroken iOS devices.

I think you want HapticPro.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

How do I get rid off the box surrounding the slider?

e: VVV I've downloaded a couple, including this and it hasn't done anything.

teknetik fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 16, 2012

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
There's probably 100 "remove lock slider" tweaks.

stupid puma
Apr 25, 2005

Javid posted:

Well, I removed every jailbreak package I can live without, and it's still not working. Safe mode doesn't let it back up either, but that might (hopefully) mean the culprit package just doesn't honor safe mode. Anyone have any idea what apps *might* cause this type of issue? I might just have to remove them all and start from scratch here.

I have the same problem on my iPad 2 but not my iPhone 4. I don't have anything other than Cydia installed on my iPad. I think it might have something to do with the jb itself. I'm going to reinstall the iOS and the jb and see what happens this weekend.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
That AssistantConnect app in Cydia is pretty fuckin sweet. Before that, to get Siri on my iPad 1 I had to run ubuntu in a vm and running a siriproxy server, configure networking and all that bullshit so I could VPN in from anywhere, and it would only maybe work. And also my computer at home goes to sleep after 2 hours of inactivity so it was pretty much worthless anyway.

Now all I gotta do is hit a button that emails auth stuff to my iPad, and load the email attachment and I'm good for 24 hours.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I have been using FakeClockUp for a good week or so. I realized that the FakeClockUp is a total battery drainer. Even when it's at 1X.

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

I think I found your problem.

Hoppin Tin
Mar 5, 2004

SURFS UP BRO!
Fun Shoe
I have an OG 16gb iPhone that is unlocked to T-Mobile with iOS 3.1.3. I want to get it to iOS4 but not far enough that I will lose my unlockability. How do I achieve this? Using Win7 btw.

Thanks

bulbous nub
Jul 29, 2007

It's ok; I'm taking it back.
Lipstick Apathy
If it's an original iPhone, 3.1.3 is the highest firmware you can load on it. There are highly modified custom firmwares available (Whited00r comes to mind) that may have some of the newer firmware features that might suit your needs.

Hoppin Tin
Mar 5, 2004

SURFS UP BRO!
Fun Shoe
So with whited00r, I'll be jailbroken at the same time? Or is that another process?

EDIT: Nevermind, a quick look at the Features page of WhiteD00r, said, yes, it will be jailbroken.

Hoppin Tin fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Feb 17, 2012

stupid puma
Apr 25, 2005

obi_ant posted:

I have been using FakeClockUp for a good week or so. I realized that the FakeClockUp is a total battery drainer. Even when it's at 1X.

That isn't my experience. My battery life is the same as before.

m0isty
Sep 7, 2007
Never knowingly underfed....

stupid puma posted:

That isn't my experience. My battery life is the same as before.

Same here. It can't really drain your battery any faster than normal as it only alters the speed that the transition animations play at. That's why it's called FakeClockUp. ;)

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Ditto (or is it Titto if I'm the third) on the no battery issues with FakeClockUp.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

obi_ant posted:

Adding my voice as well. I've noticed zero issues with having FakeClockUp installed on 3GS for weeks/months.

It doesn't overclock or add anything, so there is no additional drain.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

Mine's doing that a couple times a day as well. I recently installed CameraLocker.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

stupid puma posted:

I have the same problem on my iPad 2 but not my iPhone 4. I don't have anything other than Cydia installed on my iPad. I think it might have something to do with the jb itself. I'm going to reinstall the iOS and the jb and see what happens this weekend.

I tried a nuke/pave/restore a couple days ago. I can actually sync stuff now, but I still can't take a backup.

I was asking around some jailbreak IRC channels, and I heard that restoring a backup of a jailbroken 4.3.3 device onto a 5.0.1 device can cause problems, but nobody was sure about this specific issue. Seems to be pretty rare, either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoppin Tin
Mar 5, 2004

SURFS UP BRO!
Fun Shoe
Ugggh, so I was trying to use whited00r on my friend's Tomible Unlocked iPhone 2G and it would not install, telling me that the firmware is not compatible. I then decide to go to stock firmware, using iTunes restore option. After everything installs, it goes to setup, but then says that I need a proper ATT SIM card. I don't have one. What do I do to get around this?

I tried downloading differetn firmwares 3.1.2 and 3.1.3, and it still gives me an error, saying it's not compatible.

Hoppin Tin fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 17, 2012

• Locked thread