Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mousus
Apr 9, 2009
Voting E

We've put off Solaris for a long time now so it'd be nice to see some exciting deathmatch action rather than just a training excercise I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Trast posted:

The LRM shoot nothing but dongs and :frog: is painted on the dome of every Atlas.
That would actually look kind of cool....

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Dolash posted:

Not getting enough rep, I always enjoy Chance II's work and this is a neat mechwarrior who manages to not look like an 80's fashion disaster.

Nice addition of the bird, too!

It's also on the front page. :ssh:

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
It's Factory Time!

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
If it's between A and E I'm going to vote for E because I'm sick of Davion just from the actual canon.

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

A. Figure if the Ryuken does well enough in training on-camera, I can sleep soundly knowing they're loving up the Clans off-camera.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Apologies in advance to people have difficulty understanding the map.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

PoptartsNinja posted:

BUT WHICH MAP?

Confusion as simple requirements such as orientation and location suggest Marik rules.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

If voting is still happening, Im voting A.

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010
Solaris without duncan isn't worth it, im voting A

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Kaidyn posted:

If it's between A and E I'm going to vote for E because I'm sick of Davion just from the actual canon.

This was pretty much the only way to get me to root for Davions. The joint exercise honestly has the potential for massive impact on the nature of the DC/FS relationship and how they work together.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is it too late to vote E? I'm not always sure when the period's expired.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
Voting for A

kikaskorpse
Oct 23, 2007
Voting for A

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

PoptartsNinja posted:

Color Blindness?

Edit: Also voting for E. Solaris comes up every time and we never pick it. Don't worry, I'm sure PTN will not just do a random time skip after Solaris to spite us.

Thanatz
Nov 4, 2010

Felime posted:

This was pretty much the only way to get me to root for Davions. The joint exercise honestly has the potential for massive impact on the nature of the DC/FS relationship and how they work together.

I don't get this. The Davions are too perfect in the original timeline, so the only way you will root for them is for them to take over the Draconis Combine?

I really wish I had voted E.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Thanatz posted:

I don't get this. The Davions are too perfect in the original timeline, so the only way you will root for them is for them to take over the Draconis Combine?

I really wish I had voted E.

Only way Davions get rooted for is when paired with someone who matters. I also heavily doubt that PTN will go into quite the Sue territory, and the Davions actually have some pretty cool stuff behind them that gets drowned out in Victor and Kai BS, which we will hopefully get a chance to see.

Kicking rear end in the join exercise is the sort of thing that could make the Kuritas into more than the lesser partner in the alliance and more of an actual partner. Show the Davions what DCMS mechwarriors can do, and help silence the Kurita traditionalists that would hold the Combine half down.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Definitely voting E, need to blow off some steam.

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

Voting E.

Aeromin
Oct 20, 2010
Voting A.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hi everyone! Lurker wandering in, as this was one of the threads that convinced me to finally join.

Voting E. This vote seems to be a lull before something serious starts again, and seems to be a realistic chance to do deathmatch.

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Votes are tied again if the count is right...!

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007
Lurker voting brigade here to vote E.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Who needs to blow off steam? You all crave suspense and drama!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Switching to A if I can. Dragons > Solaris. Poor RWR.

Diogenes Cynicus
Aug 5, 2009
Not gonna lie, the idea of Draconis Suns Regimental Combat Teams gets me excited. I hope that happens.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Solaris has always been one of the long-suffering votes. For over a year now every time Solaris pops up, even people who would be interested in it have passed on it in favor of more topical choices. We've just had a scenario that shook the status quo to its very core. We don't necessarily have to rush back into the Draconis fray again, we've already played two missions against them and one as them. (Granted, that particular force was occupied Rasalhague, but hey.)

We've neglected Solaris long enough and while I, too, would like to see Space Japan deliver some comeuppance, I'm more interested in seeing what twists PTN has to offer for the gladiatorial grand melee. This is the first time a significant number of voters have finally felt the time to be right for some arena action (and possibly even PvP!), and if narrative momentum picks up on the macro-scale in the background, I'm not sure we'll get a chance like this again.

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Delurking for E.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

It's been a while but I'm going for E. The possibility of some good player killing and the completely different strategy free for alls require would be pretty neat.

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
This vote seems to be really splitting people so I'll chime in and add an E to the list.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Solaris has always been one of the long-suffering votes. For over a year now every time Solaris pops up, even people who would be interested in it have passed on it in favor of more topical choices. We've just had a scenario that shook the status quo to its very core. We don't necessarily have to rush back into the Draconis fray again, we've already played two missions against them and one as them. (Granted, that particular force was occupied Rasalhague, but hey.)

We've neglected Solaris long enough and while I, too, would like to see Space Japan deliver some comeuppance, I'm more interested in seeing what twists PTN has to offer for the gladiatorial grand melee. This is the first time a significant number of voters have finally felt the time to be right for some arena action (and possibly even PvP!), and if narrative momentum picks up on the macro-scale in the background, I'm not sure we'll get a chance like this again.

I think what you're actually saying is you're going to draw a big Solaris melee, right? :black101:

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
This... this map. :iia:

How awesome? You remember when Wiz completely remade the world by changing the destiny of a tiny German state? Yeah, that level of awesome.

In other news,

A

Solaris never really appealed to me. Sweet A list units fighting PTN's new sweet A list units sounds cooler.

Hey, speaking of which, aren't there special Solaris rules to better fit the arena timing and stuff?

Centurium fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 15, 2012

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I'm pulling for Solaris because I want to see someone, even if it has to be me, doing WWE-style commentary alongside John Madden Commentary. Does that make me a bad person?

("Awwwwwwwww hayle yeah, this right here is why the Atlas is in my Fave Five right here shucky ducky quack quack")

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Well, a lot of things went differently, not just Swabia, and it's the same here, though this story is much more player and GM-driven, what with CK, EU, Vicky and HoI having so many AIs.

It seems E is leading by three now (votes cannot be changed). That's possibly within the margin of error. Hmmm, a late rally by Option E. Guess I was wrong about where this was going, A must have exhausted its voter reserves, with numerous votes expended on B-D.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

Are we looking at a multilevel factory if E wins? What are the oddsmakers offering for bets on whether any mechs will be shoved over railings?

Also, is OSHA compliance lostech?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Narsham posted:

Are we looking at a multilevel factory if E wins? What are the oddsmakers offering for bets on whether any mechs will be shoved over railings?

Also, is OSHA compliance lostech?

The Free Worlds League leaves health and safety up to free market forces.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I'm pulling for Solaris because I want to see someone, even if it has to be me, doing WWE-style commentary alongside John Madden Commentary. Does that make me a bad person?

("Awwwwwwwww hayle yeah, this right here is why the Atlas is in my Fave Five right here shucky ducky quack quack")

Lemme tell you something, junior, these people here and everyone at home aren't here to listen to some dinosaurs at the commentary table jaw on about how great they used to be. They're here to see the greatest pilot on Solaris, and that means they are here to see me, because I am a sexy beast and Solaris... is... Jericho!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Defiance Industries posted:

Lemme tell you something, junior, these people here and everyone at home aren't here to listen to some dinosaurs at the commentary table jaw on about how great they used to be. They're here to see the greatest pilot on Solaris, and that means they are here to see me, because I am a sexy beast and Solaris... is... Jericho!

I desperately want one of the Solaris pilots to have nicknamed their 'Mech "Miss Elizabeth." Bonus points if they do a DFA Macho Elbow.

I'm old-school, yo.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's not a combat sporting event without elaborate flashy moves that don't really help but look great. There should be a DFA-minimum.

Hell, getting great ratings could even be a fun secondary objective, as tracked on the applause-o-meter (surprisingly, not lostech).

Of course you could always go all Russel Crowe in a Gladiator and hand out the PPC headshots while screaming "Are you not entertained?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Oh my god, yes.

"BAH GAWD, MADDEN, IS THAT... IS THAT... Oh my gawd, he's pulled out the Gauss Rifle! He's setting up for his finisher... the legendary headcap, the Dragon Slayer!"

*BOOM*

Dragon Slayer connects! Dragon Slayer connects! That's it, he's down! You could count to twenty and that mech is not getting back up!

• Locked thread