Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

:drat:

i think that was my reaction when i first saw 'em, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toby
Dec 4, 2002

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

honestly, why would you want to gently caress around with your desktop in TYOOL 2012?

probably try and see if you can get some stardock running on win7, yeah

ubnoooootu

not gonna lie, that would make a good yospos theme

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

toby posted:

not gonna lie, that would make a good yospos theme

Mods rename YOSPOS :o:

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
bring your own device is dumb as poo poo unless youre bringing some sort of laptop and have no intention of using anything but a guest wireless connection. i'm so mad about popular computer lingo.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
you see because students can bring they own devices to school and will absorb the science curriculum using they android

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
i mean fire phasers pew pew

toby
Dec 4, 2002

haha "bring your own device"

aka "sorry poors, no job for you ever"

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

maniacdevnull posted:

because they literally didnt see computers that small and powerful coming

even in ds9 i thought the prop guys were like "these pads as so unrealistic, you cant make something this thin even 300 years from now" and 10 years later everybody and his underage chinese brother are making them at pennies per unit

i'm watching tng and i got all excited to see them using tablets because i knew back when it was made no one ever thought that would be a real thing

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Mods rename YOSPOS :o:

lol what is this

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

FEMA summer camp posted:

No I'm pretty sure it's isolinear chips, the bioneural gelpacks were some stupid voyager bullshit that's just better ignored like everything else in that ball tumor of a show.

harry potter can do a magic on the computer memory banks but then DARTH VADER WILL USE LIGHTENING ON THEM!!!! WHAT THEN!!!!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

fork bomb posted:

lol what is this

the hand strap in the back makes it easier to slam the thing into your forehead over and over

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the hand strap in the back makes it easier to slam the thing into your forehead over and over

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A KNOCKOFF IPAD INTO MY FACE

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Amethyst posted:

Pulaski owns, gently caress da haters

Pulaski's last episode should have had her falling down a turbolift shaft.

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

ubnoooootu

hot dog replicator

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

toby posted:

haha "bring your own device"

aka "sorry poors, no job for you ever"

also, your cell phone is a luxury item how dare you get food stamps if you own one

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
also, i realized I still have 2001 and tales from a hundred worlds or something laying around the house which one should i read first

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

fork bomb posted:

lol what is this

A homely Asian woman

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fork bomb posted:

lol what is this

that's a female. i'm aware that you're not familiar with them, so i won't berate you for asking.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

Endless Mike posted:

that's a female. i'm aware that you're not familiar with them, so i won't berate you for asking.

i think fork bomb is a girl tho :ssh:

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

fork bomb posted:

lol what is this

it is a lemur

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coaxmetal posted:

how convenient...

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Endless Mike posted:

lmao

:forkbomb:

toby
Dec 4, 2002

coaxmetal posted:

every time i read "fork bomb" i think "fork banger" and see that Jean Reno avatar in my head

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

toby posted:

every time i read "fork bomb" i think "fork banger" and see that Jean Reno avatar in my head

every time i read "toby" i think "gbs" :twisted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh YEAH well every time i read, um, poo poo, never mind

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

Jonny 290 posted:

oh YEAH well every time i read, um, poo poo, never mind

same

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

fork bomb posted:

talk about owened

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i never read or think

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
is that the secret to the phd? cuz then maybe i can do it

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
it is exactly the secret to a phd

toby
Dec 4, 2002

fork bomb posted:

dang

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

toby posted:

dang -=NMN=-

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

toby posted:

dang

mess with the best

die like the rest

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Using LED Lucasian swords, the Golden Gate Knights teach lightsaber courses each week in San Francisco. Headed by a former choreographer for George Lucas' Star Wars films, the classes (for kids-at-heart 17 and older) teach saber choreography that will help budding jedis become experts at "spins, flourishes and a whole lot more." The classes are broken up into four parts:

- Stretching & Warmup: "We begin each class with a simple warm-up, stretching, and calisthenic exercises to get ourselves limber and prevent any injuries."

- Flourishes: "You will be taught how to do fancy lightsaber flourishes and spins. This includes forward and reverse spins, inverted grips, figure eights and a whole lot more!"

- Choreography: "The heart of the class. You will be taught Novastar's stage choreography system. We will start with basic moves which can be linked together to form dazzling sequences. We will also be teaching film and stage techniques so that your sequences will look great in either medium."

- Meditation: "Our training is internal as well as external. To get us all in the best mental state, we perform a 5 minute meditation right before class ends."

Sabers will be provided for free for the first month, then they'll charge you $5 per session. However, feel free to bring you own saber, but beware: "Saber blades have different strengths so pairing up your blades against ours might not be good. If your blades use a LED strip such as those found in Force FX sabers, it is not wise to use them for practice. The LEDs in strips have a tendency to get knocked out over a period of time thereby producing dead spots in the blade."

You can also come dressed in costume (e.g., Princess Lea, Han Solo, Padmé Amidala) or in comfy sports gear. Just make sure you can workout in your attire.

Classes are every Sunday (except this coming Sunday, February 19th) at Studio Garcia, home of LevyDance, at 19 Heron Street. (It's near the Civic Center BART Station.) For more details, visit the Golden Knights' site.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

led lucasian swords

Never Scroll
Aug 15, 2008

sad

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the funniest part to me is that the minimum age is 17

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

qirex posted:

the funniest part to me is that the minimum age is 17

If you still have an interest by that age, there's not going back so you might as bank on it.

toby
Dec 4, 2002

man i bet that class is the grossest, most embarrassing thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

qirex posted:

You can also come dressed in costume (e.g., Princess Lea, Padmé Amidala... please... oh please someone come dressed like this... oh god please please please)

• Locked thread