Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
That's like 400 hours of music! Even if you assume that 90% percent of them are crap, there's still 70+ songs to choose from. That kind of decision making's gotta hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
I hope Witc)(ing )(our makes the cut, but if it doesn't I will find some way to give its creator money anyway because daaamn.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Oh man oh god the suspense :ohdear:

Hussie/Radiation I can't handle it I need to sleep for 2 weeks straight wake me up then.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

We saw Jade play the piano in the act 6 opening flash, Dirk has all manner of turntables and related machinery (and has done some half-hearted rapping) and Roxy has Rose's violin on a shelf in her room. We haven't seen her play that and we don't know if Jake has any instruments, though, unless I missed something.
I wonder if that flute Jade found is actually Jake's, but he accidentally appearified to her house.

And yeah, I'm still hoping that the musical instruments have some plot relevance. There definitely seems to be a tie-in with the Denizens, given that pipe organ we saw in Typheus' lair and the fact that Rose is supposed to "play the rain" to repopulate the oceans of LoLaR. Question is whether the Kids go back and face their Denizens. I think there's a fair chance of that, the Denizens are coming along for the ride and it'll help provide some closure.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Hey, we got a surprisingly tame V-Day update.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Walliard posted:

Hey, we got the best V-Day update.
Fixed that for you. It winks, man. And there's a love heart.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Roger Explosion posted:

Fixed that for you. It wonks, man. And there's a love heart.

Fixed THAT for you, man.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If it comes to pass that a meteor destroys Jane's house while she is trying to work up the nerve to confess her love for Jake, I will be heartily amused. Semi-pun semi-intended.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Roger Explosion posted:

Fixed that for you. It winks, man. And there's a love heart.

Great update. I was concerned we'd get UU's fanfiction forced on us, but this is much better. I will consider this my valentine from Hussie.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
Lollie's an outie? I didn't know that.

EDIT: Okay, it's official--Roxy has an outie belly button.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
She IS outie. Like, she's outta here, as in ending the chat session.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
I know that, I was just making a joke.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Lady of the Beech posted:

I know that, I was just making a joke.

Yeah, but the idea's out there. The Homestuck fandom will take it and run with it til the ends of the earth. Even if it doesn't really make sense, seriously why would clones need belly buttons?

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
That was a beautiful update and Roxy continues to be The Bset Character[tm]! Her (semi intentional) spelling mistakes seem to be getting better and better. I nearly lost it at "repriprocate" and completely lost it at *LOLLIES OUTIE* (I know it isn't technically a spelling mistake but still).

I'm still hoping that sometime during the course of today we will get >DIRK: CONFESS UNDYING LOVE TO JAKE

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
Personally I can't wait for all this romance buildup to end in a conflagration of "THIS IS STUPID"s. The story, it goes nowhere.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

No love for "porcolating"? Might be a bit of a double-entendre, wonkwonkwonkwonkwonk

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Dolash posted:

No love for "porcolating"? Might be a bit of a double-entendre, wonkwonkwonkwonkwonk

I imagine wonking as trying to wink, but... not quite making it.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Mazerunner posted:

I imagine wonking as trying to wink, but... not quite making it.

I imagine it like this:

Wink :wink:
Wonk :forkbomb:

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

Lupus Rufus posted:

Yeah, but the idea's out there. The Homestuck fandom will take it and run with it til the ends of the earth. Even if it doesn't really make sense, seriously why would clones need belly buttons?

I was going to go into a long tirade about how the only way a fetus (clone or not, also identical twins are natural clones) could feasibly develop is attached to a placenta implanted in living vascular tissue and would thus result in a belly button no matter what uterus, artificial or natural, they developed in, but then I just realized that these babies were poofed out of nowhere and have never been fetuses.

My brain hurts.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I imagine a wonk is when someone can't close their eyes independently so they just blink really hard at you instead.

0_0
u_u
0_0

Like that, sorta

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

FaceTime posted:

I'm still hoping that sometime during the course of today we will get >DIRK: CONFESS UNDYING LOVE TO JAKE

This need to happen. That or 2xUndying Love COMBO

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

bff~ath is somehow both adorable and unsettling.

Lascivious porcolating is the phrase of the day though.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

wonk

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
I haven't laughed this hard at an update since.... well since the last Roxy chat. Every single line is golden.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Sepherothic posted:

This need to happen. That or 2xUndying Love COMBO

What, and leave Roxy in the cold?

Let's have Dirk, Jane, Roxy, the autoresponder, brobot, and UU all confess their love for Jake at the same time, and the poor boy left to melt into a puddle of uncomfortable old-timey confusion. He'll tug at his collar so hard it'll rip right off.

Then the other universe crew appears and Karkat sets about them with hammer and tongs to fix their romantic apocalypse (romapocalypse?).

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

quote:

TG: mine is so sensitive it has been used to sweep the ocean floor for mythical sea monsters
TG: turns out
TG: all of those monsters are SO gay
TG: truth B)

My favorite part. And now we know Feferi's lusus is a homosexual Cthulu.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Why do I get the feeling this is gonna lead to a joke about the fandom with both Dirk and Jane having a feelings jam and asking each other "Why do people want us to hook up with Jake so bad"?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Black Mage Knight posted:

Why do I get the feeling this is gonna lead to a joke about the fandom with both Dirk and Jane having a feelings jam and asking each other "Why do people want us to hook up with Jake so bad"?

UU has manipulated the history of B2 Earth from the dawn of civilization to set up these ships. Who are they to question it?

The Vast Fanfic

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hooray, God Tier Zipper Hoodies!

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
But... where's the hope and life hoodies?

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Silva posted:

But... where's the hope and life hoodies?

"No Life or Hope zippies, because zippies in those colors don’t exist."

Taken from Hussie's Tumblr.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Dolash posted:

Let's have Dirk, Jane, Roxy, the autoresponder, brobot, and UU all confess their love for Jake at the same time, and the poor boy left to melt into a puddle of uncomfortable old-timey confusion. He'll tug at his collar so hard it'll rip right off.

Then the other universe crew appears and Karkat sets about them with hammer and tongs to fix their romantic apocalypse (romapocalypse?).

This would be the best possible conclusion. This has to happen.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Dolash posted:

Well, he will have had three years to perfect his counselling skills. He'll get there, take one look at the situation and simultaneously flip his poo poo and solve everyone else's poo poo.

I really want to get back to the kids and trolls. I really like the new kids (actually now I think about it, mostly just Roxy because she is the bestTM) but this must have been like during hivebent. We're blazing through this super fast though, so it's not too bad. Get to the 48 horrortender squiddle player intermission already!!!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Black Mage Knight posted:

"No Life or Hope zippies, because zippies in those colors don’t exist."

Taken from Hussie's Tumblr.
There's no such thing as a grey *zuipper

*zpipper

*zipper hoodie? I just find that doubtful.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't think it's so much that they don't exist, but that they don't exist in a fairly cheap, mass-produced blank form. He's mentioned previously that he had to choose the God-Tier palettes based on what colours were already available for the t-shirts and hoodies. I guess there isn't a big market for cream and beige zippies?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Wrist Watch posted:

Well, he will have had three years to perfect his counselling skills. He'll get there, take one look at the situation and simultaneously flip his poo poo and solve everyone else's poo poo.

I really want to get back to the kids and trolls. I really like the new kids (actually now I think about it, mostly just Roxy because she is the bestTM) but this must have been like during hivebent. We're blazing through this super fast though, so it's not too bad. Get to the 48 horrortender squiddle player intermission already!!!

Yeah, it was kind of like this during Hivebent, except during Hivebent we had a certain awareness of how clean a break the 'troll act' was from the main story - there were no intermissions, no interludes to check back in on the kids. Not only that, but the kids had been left at giant plot cliffhangers, and while that meant we wanted the cliffhangers resolved we also knew the resolution of said cliffhangers could only come when the story proper resumed.

In this current state we know at any moment we might suddenly cut over to the kids and trolls for some meteor/space ship shenenigans, like a guilty little treat. It could be that we won't see them again until they pull out of wherever they are three years older and wiser, or it could be that any day now we're going to see them months into their journey, rife with amusing subtext and implied events to pick over.

It's that potential which makes the wait even worse, I think, knowing that there's three years' worth of off-screen character-driven comedy we may or may not get to see and it may or may not pop up at any moment.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

JT Jag posted:

There's no such thing as a grey *zuipper

*zpipper

*zipper hoodie? I just find that doubtful.
Gildan's grey zipper hoodies aren't the right hue. http://www.customink.com/styles/gildan-zip-hoodie/119700

The Life hoodie does look fairly grey in the picture, but it's actually more like a light muted olive (like its darker muted olive t-shirt brother). The Hope line is yellow (sweater) and yellowish (t-shirt) respectively, even though the t-shirt also looks grey in the photo. Also notice that the Hope t-shirt is the only one sold by American Apparel, suggesting that they were having trouble finding a reasonable t-shirt color to compliment the hoodie from Gildan.

The pictures really don't really give a super accurate picture of their actual colors. Those specific shirts at least.

Spellman fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 15, 2012

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
I got hit by a car last night, I got prescribed Vicodin and some muscle relaxers in the ER. Now I've been typing like Roxy all day. :smith:

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Gah, holy poo poo, are you alright?

But, look on the bright side: Roxy's awesome. There are worse people you could type like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Zipper hoods are cool, I might actually get one of those.

Space is still the best looking one, I can't think of any other one I'd want to actually wear out and about. Blood looks especially hilarious now.