Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Davoren posted:

If I get one of those retail discs can I apply it to an existing account or would I have to make a new one?

You can apply it to an existing account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!

mpyro posted:

Applejack sucks.

You suck for legitimately enjoying a little girl's cartoon.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Let's not start this here. Why hate on someone liking a show when APB provides its players with so much raw, unrefined hate from practically every orifice?

For instance: gently caress the Scout. I picked up the valentines HVR because sometimes in the Baylan fight club, the opposition will decide to all go HVRs and just take turns pinning your down and loving you with sniper rifle fire from every angle. So, wanting to level the playing field while progressing my Valentines role, I opened up armas, grabbed the sniper rifle and... yeah, it's a Scout. Been a while since I used one of these!

Since APB began its closed beta in its original form back under RTW's rule I've devoted most of my time to playing as a sniper, but as days go by I've steadily been getting worse at it (And incidentally better at medium range, which is why I love the STAR so much). Still, now and again when the team needs help I'll pick up a NHVR and get to work seeing if I can tag anyone. I love the fact that if you hit someone once, they'll feel it for a good long time, generally enough for your teammates to mop them up.

Not so with the Scout. It's a great gun if you're consistently accurate: Two shots will kill. Consistency is not an attribute that will be associated with me anytime soon. At best, if the target isn't a complete idiot and is making every attempt to not be hit, I'll score the first shot, miss the second shot and potentially hit them with a third. With the base N-HVR, this is fine: The amount someone regenerates won't be enough to keep them from dying. With the scout, if your target is using Clotting Agent 3 (And who isn't these days) and you miss the second shot, you can forget it. They'll have regenned just enough health to allow them to survive even if you let up for just a second, whereupon they'll gently caress off into the sunset and you'll never see them again before someone comes up behind you and takes your head off.

It's frustrating that I was saddled with the Scout because me and that gun do not get on at all. I understand that the tradeoff in firepower is due to the huge amount of mobility it gives you, I'm absolutely fine with that, but I've never seen the need to sprint with a sniper rifle. I like sitting my arse down in a place I know is a good sniping spot and using a gun that allows me to do substantial damage to the enemy.

I can see why they didn't include a lot of the basic guns as valentines variants, mind, the valentines guns are basically cheap advertisements for existing Armas weapons. I'm not complaining, I've had a ball with my valentines tommy gun and I did manage to get some good kills with the scout, but man am I glad to be able to go back to one of my favourite guns when that situation arises again. I'm not kidding when I say I'd rather use the DMR than the Scout.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Today I decided to get a Vaquero. I was at level 3 with Saul so I just needed to get about 2.5k standing to buy my little Jeep thing. Should have been easy! Alas, no. It took me 3 missions against aimbotters (well, one aimbotter 3 times) to get that 2.5k standing I needed (with premium) because I could not get anyone my level.

Im never playing not-Fight Club ever again. Every mission was 3+ golds against a mixed team of silvers and bronze. At one point we were getting our asses kicked badly (they had about 40 kills to our 1) and it gave them backup of three gold players because they were down by one man. We had two silvers, two bronze. :wtc:

At least I got my jeep that I cant customize at all because none of the parts are unlocked.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Songbearer posted:

... Scout ...

Stop hating!

Great Beer posted:

At least I got my jeep that I cant customize at all because none of the parts are unlocked.

Sadly you don't get any parts for it through normal progression. But luckily you can buy the Compact Kit 1/2 from Armas for only 1499/1199 G1C each!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Daztek posted:

Sadly you don't get any parts for it through normal progression. But luckily you can buy the Compact Kit 1/2 from Armas for only 1499/1199 G1C each!

Wow!!! It's a wonder you don't have your Cisco kits yet!!!!

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Speaking of kits, does anyone have a nice looking Jericho with an armas kit that they'd be willing to sell me for 50k? I know you won't get any profit from that, but help a goon out will ya :3:

SniperX
Feb 10, 2011

Uggh, I want this pack but I wish they would just sell it in Armas. DAMNIT INDULGE MY IMPATIENCE GAMERS FIRST!

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Meis posted:

Speaking of kits, does anyone have a nice looking Jericho with an armas kit that they'd be willing to sell me for 50k? I know you won't get any profit from that, but help a goon out will ya :3:

Sure. Which kit?

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

less than three posted:

Sure. Which kit?

I'll get back to you on that.. because a) I don't know which is which yet and b) I only have 47k right now. thanks though!

blackteapot
Jan 26, 2006

Quill posted:

Rifle Burs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrU_ef7DQgs

I woke up at 3 am with that song stuck in my head and I couldn't go back to sleep because of it. You have brought me nothing but misery in my life.

So am I understanding it right that everything but tier 1 guns are rentals unless you want to pay like $50 for them? Can you not compete with rental or RMT guns with your starter level guns?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

This is probably a dumb question, but aren't SMGs supposed to beat rifles at close range? I am perpetually getting dusted by people with the AK-47 knock-off up close when we both catch sight and open fire at about the same time.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Not necessarily. The AK has the same killing speed as the OCA. If you luck out (which isn't all that lucky at close range) and full auto 6 shots into someone, they die in .7 seconds.

blackteapot posted:

So am I understanding it right that everything but tier 1 guns are rentals unless you want to pay like $50 for them? Can you not compete with rental or RMT guns with your starter level guns?

All in-game guns are rentals unless you buy a permanent cash shop gun. No cash shop gun is just better than their non cash shop counterpart except for the colby shotgun, which is marginally better than a 2 slot JG with Improved Rifling/reflex sight. Also the HVR scout is only available via cash shop or retail box, which I think is better than the HVR, but that's debatable.

Secret Sweater fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 14, 2012

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

Secret Sweater posted:

Also the HVR scout is only available via cash shop or retail box, which I think is better than the HVR, but that's debatable.

The Scout is a definite upgrade in terms of functionality. You can sprint with it, you can lean out of a car with it, and you can jump-shot with it. However, it only does about 60% damage to a player's health so if you're a bad shot it will take 3 or more shots to kill. Also a note about jump-shotting, the same "bug" occurs with the silenced HVR but they're going to fix it. They consider the jump-shot for the Scout a feature now I guess and can't decide if they want to fix it.

The Armas Scouts have mediocre mods but the retail package got me one with Cooling Jacket 3 on it meaning I have a 2 shot sniper that kills faster than practically any other sniper.

Fake edit: The CSG is a direct upgrade there's no contest

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

An Unoriginal Name posted:

The Scout is a definite upgrade in terms of functionality. You can sprint with it, you can lean out of a car with it, and you can jump-shot with it. However, it only does about 60% damage to a player's health so if you're a bad shot it will take 3 or more shots to kill. Also a note about jump-shotting, the same "bug" occurs with the silenced HVR but they're going to fix it. They consider the jump-shot for the Scout a feature now I guess and can't decide if they want to fix it.

The Armas Scouts have mediocre mods but the retail package got me one with Cooling Jacket 3 on it meaning I have a 2 shot sniper that kills faster than practically any other sniper.

Fake edit: The CSG is a direct upgrade there's no contest

Window shots with the scout are nigh useless. I've gotten maybe one kill doing so in a few weeks. Jump shotting is staying for now according to the devs. Being able to sprint without pistol swapping is loving huge.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I've been staring at this thing for way too long to have any kind of objective opinion, does anyone think this looks like anyone recognisable?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Davoren posted:

I've been staring at this thing for way too long to have any kind of objective opinion, does anyone think this looks like anyone recognisable?

Holy poo poo yes.

When I try to model after somebody I go windowed and have various shots up by the side of APB, in case you're not already doing that.

Have anybody of you tried to replicate the other faction's newbie outfit? I'd like to see that in action. Toss some Crim clothing on a new character

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

Have anybody of you tried to replicate the other faction's newbie outfit? I'd like to see that in action. Toss some Crim clothing on a new character

You can get someone to put the actual items on the marketplace and buy them. You can equip the opposite faction's clothes by double-clicking it in your wardrobe. If you click the little arrow it tells you "no can do; wrong faction", but due to an oversight you can still double-click to equip them.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

What pairs well with the automatic shotgun (NFAS?)? I've practically fallen in love with the thing.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Cabbit posted:

What pairs well with the automatic shotgun (NFAS?)? I've practically fallen in love with the thing.

CJ3 and mag pull is my personal favorite.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
That's life. :clint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8LVeQR-BWI

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Secret Sweater posted:

CJ3 and mag pull is my personal favorite.

I was thinking more in terms of secondary weapons, but that's also good to know.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Cabbit posted:

I was thinking more in terms of secondary weapons, but that's also good to know.

Anything you're good with to compliment your primary weapons inability to deal with anything outside of 10meters. Joker pistol, Act 44, Obeya FBW or Colby RSA. take your pick.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Meis posted:

You can get someone to put the actual items on the marketplace and buy them. You can equip the opposite faction's clothes by double-clicking it in your wardrobe. If you click the little arrow it tells you "no can do; wrong faction", but due to an oversight you can still double-click to equip them.

Hahaha holy poo poo, thanks

e: Okay, didn't get that to work, but they were very easy to replicate. Got teamkilled twice in one minute the moment I popped into a fight club

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 15, 2012

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!

PONY PONY PONY

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
The new Best Thing.

and the audio to go along with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OelsVPKtND0&hd=1

less than three fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 15, 2012

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

There sure are a lot of silver and gold people on the bronze servers. They still melt when you catch 'em from behind with an N-FAS, but drat that's tough when they actually know to move in groups.

SniperX
Feb 10, 2011
So my local Best Buy had a copy of APB Reloaded and I couldn't resist. Best part is when I realized I get 500 g1 credits, bought a Choppa, and proceeded to descend into a crazed lunacy. That gun is Un. loving. Believable. Anyone who complains about recoil is a scrub.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Thank you for teaching me that I was always doing it wrong. I always shuffled while crouching and pointing the camera downwards. This new method is definately the new best thing.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

lol that's pretty funny. just primed nade, look up and weapon swap spam?

SniperX
Feb 10, 2011
primed percussion. That way they don't go off in your hand.

blackteapot
Jan 26, 2006

Demonlord posted:

That's life. :clint:

I want to be Demonlord when I grow up. Seriously thinking about paying real money for that gun.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh god, this game is 110% more tolerable with Teamspeak. Between the original APB and Reloaded, I probably have about 800 hours logged with this game, but being able to shoot the poo poo after suffering in silence for so long feels like such a relief :allears:

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Songbearer posted:

Oh god, this game is 110% more tolerable with Teamspeak. Between the original APB and Reloaded, I probably have about 800 hours logged with this game, but being able to shoot the poo poo after suffering in silence for so long feels like such a relief :allears:

Without a clan with people to play with and mumble I wouldn't play this game.

Secret Sweater fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 15, 2012

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

Secret Sweater posted:

Without a clan with people to play with and mumble I wouldn't play this game.
Playing in a clan while using mumble is the key, but don't forget the customization.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

That male briefs crotch, what the hell man. Masturbated with a steam roller and lived to tell the tale? It's like male elves in Warhammer Online, Ken as gently caress.

e: Oh, one of the many games I never picked up :(

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 15, 2012

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!

MrLonghair posted:

That male briefs crotch, what the hell man. Masturbated with a steam roller and lived to tell the tale? It's like male elves in Warhammer Online, Ken as gently caress.

Well, the character is Issac from the game "Binding of Issac" who's a young boy who runs around naked so I don't believe he's gonna be well endowed.

But I agree, he's Ken as gently caress.

But excellent work on the models, Captain Swing!

VV Cabbit VV

I hear you. I felt kind of lazy making my business/professional outfit for my character, but I like it. So many characters in this game have such "messy" and "noisy" outfits, really stretching the customization limit (not saying this is particularly bad).

Edward_Lapine fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 16, 2012

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I feel somewhat unusual in that I don't seem to want to kit my guy out in anything more than a nice button-up shirt, dress pants, some wingtips, and a badge. Then again, maybe I'd feel different if I didn't accidentally make him resemble Steve Buscemi.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

MrLonghair posted:

a steam roller

They need to add this as a purchasable dump truck reskin.

Cabbit posted:

I feel somewhat unusual in that I don't seem to want to kit my guy out in anything more than a nice button-up shirt, dress pants, some wingtips, and a badge. Then again, maybe I'd feel different if I didn't accidentally make him resemble Steve Buscemi.

You can try doing this, but the APB Effect will get to you eventually and you'll wind up covering it in graffiti, swear words, or it'll wind up pink. It might even do all of them at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Songbearer posted:

the APB Effect will get to you eventually

And that is one helluva drug.

Also got an uncensored set of jeans.

• Locked thread