Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The issue with an "everything goes here" torrent is that we'd have to replace it every single time we finished a new episode. We'd wind up with dozens of slightly different torrents out there and none of them would be able to talk to each other. It would result in complete chaos.

So I think full seasons and then individual episodes are the way to go. I'm going to try to structure things so that they'll snap together. People keeping up to date will have individual files until the last episode of that season is ready, then the release for that episode can be the full season torrent, and things can transition relatively cleanly.

It's a compromise between the two extremes to avoid the excessive seeding issues that would result if we had sixty different episode torrents and the upkeep issues that would result from one giant torrent.

FWIW, here's Flashback again set up as a torrent. I'm going to do the rest of the conversions later today.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 553.14 MB)
View torrent stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

FWIW, here's Flashback again set up as a torrent. I'm going to do the rest of the conversions later today.

View torrent stats

Pre-nesting single files into folders like that seems a bit excessive and is probably going to confuse the heck out of some people (especially when every episode will simply show up as "Game Center CX" in uTorrent)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nill posted:

Pre-nesting single files into folders like that seems a bit excessive and is probably going to confuse the heck out of some people (especially when every episode will simply show up as "Game Center CX" in uTorrent)

Yeah, I can make things transition from single files to seasons easily this way but I'm not sure that's the exact way I want to do it...

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Thanks for the reupload, RS!

silentq15
Nov 28, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

The issue with an "everything goes here" torrent is that we'd have to replace it every single time we finished a new episode. We'd wind up with dozens of slightly different torrents out there and none of them would be able to talk to each other. It would result in complete chaos.

So I think full seasons and then individual episodes are the way to go. I'm going to try to structure things so that they'll snap together. People keeping up to date will have individual files until the last episode of that season is ready, then the release for that episode can be the full season torrent, and things can transition relatively cleanly.

It's a compromise between the two extremes to avoid the excessive seeding issues that would result if we had sixty different episode torrents and the upkeep issues that would result from one giant torrent.

View torrent stats

Props to you random stranger for just deciding to do it instead of talking about!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

rdbbb posted:

Here's a reaction image for no real reason:

We need a collection of best Arino reaction shots. These are the only two I've saved:

I also like Kibe's "Arino has missed his stop" look of disgust.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Kacho No Bonus will always be my favorite (and I'm trying to add the .gif, but it's too big). It's on the Bonk's Adventure episode. Start at around 13:20 to get the full effect.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It's not really a reaction shot but I was watching the Ultraseven episode the other day and whenever they went back to the challenge from another segment this part always killed me:

If anyone happens to have a bigger version of that gif that would be amazing.

taopriest
Oct 25, 2011

"Games Are Like Baths, Without Them, We Would Get Sick" Igarashi Koji
Hmm

taopriest fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 15, 2012

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Vlaphor posted:

Kacho No Bonus will always be my favorite (and I'm trying to add the .gif, but it's too big). It's on the Bonk's Adventure episode. Start at around 13:20 to get the full effect.
Not the one here?

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Hirayuki posted:

Not the one here?

I tried adding that one but it wouldn't work. I tried both attaching it and using imgur and neither worked.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Inoko MAX's first appearance on the show and he dies immediately. If anyone can gif this it would be appreciated.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Vlaphor posted:

I made a smaller, more manageable version.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Multiupload's been down for a while now. I'd love to get some other downloads available!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Yeah, I've been trying to grab Out of This World and it ain't working so it's bumming me out.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

cat doter posted:

Yeah, I've been trying to grab Out of This World and it ain't working so it's bumming me out.

I'm still assembling things but here's Out of this World.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 428.85 MB)
View torrent stats

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Random Stranger posted:

I'm still assembling things but here's Out of this World.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 428.85 MB)
View torrent stats

Oh sweet, thanks. Can't wait to see Arino totally confused by this game.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Pyrovile posted:

It's not really a reaction shot but I was watching the Ultraseven episode the other day and whenever they went back to the challenge from another segment this part always killed me:

If anyone happens to have a bigger version of that gif that would be amazing.

I swore I made a few of those in the previous thread, yet waffleimages pretty much ate them ( https://wi.somethingawful.com/af/afad23cc00cd337b782954458aa851607d8ec869.gif ). My external drive crapped out on me a month or two ago taking all my GCCX stuff with it. I haven't had the motivation to grab all the original episodes, subs, and fan stuff again.

I'll always have the Kotak stuff though. :suicide:

geist hirsche
Jul 23, 2004

zari-gani posted:

I also like Kibe's "Arino has missed his stop" look of disgust.

I always find Kibe's facial expressions to be oddly inscrutable, so when there was the flash of disgust it was pretty much the best thing.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mayor McCheese posted:

I swore I made a few of those in the previous thread, yet waffleimages pretty much ate them ( https://wi.somethingawful.com/af/afad23cc00cd337b782954458aa851607d8ec869.gif ). My external drive crapped out on me a month or two ago taking all my GCCX stuff with it. I haven't had the motivation to grab all the original episodes, subs, and fan stuff again.

I'll always have the Kotak stuff though. :suicide:

Pretty sure I made it. I definitely made the avatar sized one. When I make gifs for people I usually don't keep the original version and the only other version of that gif I have is the same resolution but is 70kb.

Joctan
Sep 2, 2011

Pyrovile posted:

One of the cool kids has this as his/her avatar

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Yeah, I really gotta say, some of the best parts of this show are the facial reactions. Probably one of my favorites is when Arino is mocking Tsuruoka for being an octave too high when singing the song for the first level of The 53 Stations of the Tokaido. That clip never fails to make me crack up.

Edit: Yo. Right here.

DaMangoSentinel fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 16, 2012

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Chief posted:

Pretty sure I made it. I definitely made the avatar sized one. When I make gifs for people I usually don't keep the original version and the only other version of that gif I have is the same resolution but is 70kb.

Right, like I said I swore I made a few of those, not that one in particular. There's 2 Ultraman Episodes and I believe they both have a growing Arino. My proof is dead thanks to Waffleimages and my hard drive though.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I've had a surprisingly busy evening so I'm both too busy to make cool animated gifs and too busy to keep setting up torrents. However I did get a season 4 torrent up and running:

Download torrent81 (10 files; 3.72 GB)
View torrent stats

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Random Stranger posted:

I've had a surprisingly busy evening so I'm both too busy to make cool animated gifs and too busy to keep setting up torrents. However I did get a season 4 torrent up and running:

Download torrent81 (10 files; 3.72 GB)
View torrent stats

Jumping on the torrents to help with the seedin'.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

However I did get a season 4 torrent up and running
Was ep 28 redone? The filesize doesn't match what I had previously downloaded.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nill posted:

Was ep 28 redone? The filesize doesn't match what I had previously downloaded.

It may have been. I did tweaks to some episodes after they were uploaded to correct minor errors. But it's been six months so I don't recall clearly.

Edit: I found a cheap copy of Umihara Kawase while I was ordering DVD set 8. Now if I could get lucky with Gimmick...

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 16, 2012

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Dang, is Gimmick that rare/expensive? The game appealed to me a lot when I watched that episode.

softcorps
May 25, 2005

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

Pyrovile posted:

The only thing better than this would be if in an episode he did an Ultraman pose complete with laser effect, or maybe if he did the leap into the air with the "Hraaah!" sound effect.

Anyhow, thanks for the season 4 torrent. I can't say how much I dislike those free upload sites compared to the convenience of just loading up one torrent and having it be done with. I actually just gave up on downloading episodes after season 2 so I could wait for the torrents.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

zari-gani posted:

Dang, is Gimmick that rare/expensive? The game appealed to me a lot when I watched that episode.

The NES version is incredibly rare, and easily worth over $500, The Famicom version is about $200?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=105

Heckufalot better than paying 500 at least.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Tyma posted:

The NES version is incredibly rare, and easily worth over $500, The Famicom version is about $200?

I was going to say that it never came out, but then I remembered there's a PAL version. Seems like the only folks that were releasing NES games in the US near the tail end were Nintendo, Taito, and random unlicensed companies.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

zari-gani posted:

What game is this?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Spincut posted:

What game is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYcf2yUgblc

Ive played a rom before, its great fun.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tyma posted:

I've seen copies for 8000 yen (around $100), but that's still pretty bad if you want the cart.

Gimmick is a really nifty platformer that was released incredibly late in the famicom's life cycle (I wantto say it was 1993). It also used a special chip to improve the graphics and sound.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Gutcruncher posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYcf2yUgblc

Ive played a rom before, its great fun.

Wow, that game looks awesome. The attention to detail is incredible for a NES game. Or for any game, for that matter.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The sound is amazing. I clicked on the video and tabbed away for something else and I thought I hit the wrong thing for a second because the audio sounded so good.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I found it for the Famicom, cart only on ebay for goddamn near $80. With a box its $299.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Rare-NES-Famicom-Mr-Gimmick-aka-Pipe-V-/270913737570?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item3f13b79362

Christ, game looks fun and all, but I'm getting Ducktales 2 if I'm shelling out $80 for a cart.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I found it for the Famicom, cart only on ebay for goddamn near $80. With a box its $299.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Rare-NES-Famicom-Mr-Gimmick-aka-Pipe-V-/270913737570?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item3f13b79362

Christ, game looks fun and all, but I'm getting Ducktales 2 if I'm shelling out $80 for a cart.

Isnt that a bootleg?

Edit:

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Well that just makes it even more rare.