Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigeon Shamus
Apr 14, 2010

There's a guard with a pair of swollen testicles who swears you wanted out of here.

roarshark posted:

Oh no, my colours. What would they be, exactly?

I didn't pretend they were the only ones that did it, but feel free to project whatever you'd like and then pretend it's okay because everybody else does it.

I'll go right ahead and project because when you say "the Greens' typical leave-out-the-actual-context nonsense", it kind of invites the reader to conclude that you think this "leave-out-the-actual-context nonsense" is specific to the Greens and the way they conduct themselves.

quote:

While you're at it, please continue to have no idea about how sensitive parliament is about spending taxpayers money after the absolute fiascos we've all seen in the past few years, and somehow tie that together with a rage at the government at "not getting their act into gear".

So sensitive they literally couldn't prepare for an elected MP so that she would be able to do her job properly, despite having three months to do it (perhaps even longer if Smith had paid adequate attention to the party lists) and despite it being their primary statutory function?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roarshark
Apr 7, 2002
i got killed by black bugs on my video game

Pigeon Shamus posted:

I'll go right ahead and project because when you say "the Greens' typical leave-out-the-actual-context nonsense", it kind of invites the reader to conclude that you think this "leave-out-the-actual-context nonsense" is specific to the Greens and the way they conduct themselves.

The Greens are better at it than most, except perhaps Winston First.

I'll go right ahead and project that you vote left, though?

Pigeon Shamus posted:

So sensitive they literally couldn't prepare for an elected MP so that she would be able to do her job properly, despite having three months to do it (perhaps even longer if Smith had paid adequate attention to the party lists) and despite it being their primary statutory function?

Yeah, you should spend some time understanding how parliamentary process works. There are strict guidelines as well as many layers of you know, law. It's not even Smith's job or in his jurisdiction to allocate funds to something like this. It's the purvue of Parliamentary Services - who came under considerable fire with the last government and what they passed through it.

Please feel free to rage against Smith though, its fairly hilarious.

Pigeon Shamus
Apr 14, 2010

There's a guard with a pair of swollen testicles who swears you wanted out of here.

roarshark posted:

I'll go right ahead and project that you vote left, though?

Go right ahead.

quote:

Yeah, you should spend some time understanding how parliamentary process works. There are strict guidelines as well as many layers of you know, law. It's not even Smith's job or in his jurisdiction to allocate funds to something like this. It's the purvue of Parliamentary Services - who came under considerable fire with the last government and what they passed through it.

Please feel free to rage against Smith though, its fairly hilarious.

I am fully aware that there is law at play here and I am fully aware that the Parliamentary Services have guidelines and regulations in place to control how money is spent. And while I wasn't just 'raging' against Smith (hence my frequent references to "them" and "they" and "their primary statutory function", which generally is used to refer to a group of people or a body within Parliament), he and Parliamentary Services have had three months to sort this out, and if they needed to take it to Parliament or whatever to amend the Speaker's Directions they've had at least a week to do so. Further, he doesn't need to wait a half a month to get the advice of the PCS, if that's what he's worried about - Schedule 2 s1 of the Parliamentary Services Act states that the PCS or its chairperson can call a meeting at any time.

Lockwood's cack-handed approach to this whole affair is stupid but fairly incidental to what are some serious procedural questions. A deaf MP shouldn't have to wait months to be able to adequately do their job, and they shouldn't be forced to pay from their own pocket to be able to adequately do their job. It's all well and good that Parliamentary Services is tight on the purse strings and that they can't spend money Smith didn't or couldn't allocate in the budget for the Parliamentary Services he's required to make under s8 of the PSA - but it doesn't make sense to suggest that a deaf MP should be required to wait for several months for Parliamentary Services to resolve their hand-wringing about whether they can afford to splurge on a necessity for that MP to adequately represent her voters and those with her disability.

roarshark
Apr 7, 2002

Pigeon Shamus posted:

"And while I wasn't just 'raging' against Smith (hence my frequent references to "them" and "they" and "their primary statutory function", which generally is used to refer to a group of people or a body within Parliament), he and Parliamentary Services have had three months to sort this out, and if they needed to take it to Parliament or whatever to amend the Speaker's Directions they've had at least a week to do so.

Right, so you weren't "just" raging against Smith when you said:

Pigeon Shamus posted:

If Smith had been forward thinking enough (he is the one who sets the budget, after all - PCS only 'advises' him)

.. then you were clearly not understanding how parliamentary services works. Besides, look at today's reporting, its not the technology that's the problem, its the hours. Whoopsy daisy, looks like the Greens left out the actual facts again. How unlike them.

The Greens could have handled this situation much better - put everything in place and then appealed to parliament and the public to have it sorted - but no. Instead, they go on a rage against the government and make themselves look like absolute dickheads.

It's no wonder Clark did deals with everyone else apart from them when they behave in such a way.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

roarshark posted:

.. then you were clearly not understanding how parliamentary services works. Besides, look at today's reporting, its not the technology that's the problem, its the hours. Whoopsy daisy, looks like the Greens left out the actual facts again. How unlike them.

The Greens could have handled this situation much better - put everything in place and then appealed to parliament and the public to have it sorted - but no. Instead, they go on a rage against the government and make themselves look like absolute dickheads.

It's no wonder Clark did deals with everyone else apart from them when they behave in such a way.

Quote some of the things the Greens have been lying about.

Pigeon Shamus
Apr 14, 2010

roarshark posted:

Yeah, that looks like 'rage' to me, and this all looks focused on just him too -

quote:

It's all well and good that Parliamentary Services is tight on the purse strings and that they can't spend money Smith didn't or couldn't allocate in the budget for the Parliamentary Services he's required to make under s8 of the PSA - but it doesn't make sense to suggest that a deaf MP should be required to wait for several months for Parliamentary Services to resolve their hand-wringing about whether they can afford to splurge on a necessity for that MP to adequately represent her voters and those with her disability.

I also want to note that section 8 of the Parliamentary Services Act states that it's the Speaker who gives "written directions as to both the nature of the services to be provided, under section 7(a), in the next financial year; and the objectives to be achieved by the Service by providing those services" (those services and funding entitlements, unless I am wrong, include a member's support staff - and the hours those staffers can work - under the Speakers Directions) and that PS have to act in accordance with those under s8(2). Further, s14 of that Act states the PSC has only an advisory role (hence the frequent use of language such as "recommends" and "advises"). I am aware the Speaker's Directions imposes limits on the hours for support staff (because they need money to pay them), but this is something the Speaker could have worked out with the PSC months ago because the chairperson can call them at any time (Sch 2 s 1 PSA). If he then needed to take it to Parliament, he should have done so last week when it opened, instead of Parliament messing around with repealing redundant Acts.

Of course, if any of this is wrong, please tell me. I have the feeling you won't because you seem to be more interested in being really condescending about the Green Party, which is fine, but it's not exactly conducive to proving your point when all you can say is "you don't understand the law rarr Greens rarr" without actually saying why.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Global warming, obviously. :downs:

In breaking not really news, Key's about as popular as polio among Maori - at least those polled by the Te Karere Digipoll between January 6~27.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=10785506

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Feb 15, 2012

Pigeon Shamus
Apr 14, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

In breaking not really news, Key's about as popular as polio among Maori - at least those polled by the Te Karere Digipoll between January 6~27.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=10785506

You know, there's a lot of legitimate things you can say after a poll, any poll, shows you have crazy-low approval ratings among Maori.

I'm not sure "we actually increased in strong support from what we can see from Maori" is one of those things.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pigeon Shamus posted:

You know, there's a lot of legitimate things you can say after a poll, any poll, shows you have crazy-low approval ratings among Maori.

I'm not sure "we actually increased in strong support from what we can see from Maori" is one of those things.

Yeah, I'm trying to work that one out.

This is probably also a rather catastrophic result for the Maori Party as it stands now, since they'd be their main voter base. But you know, not really news, since everyone already knows that.

Also, missed the news this evening, so I didn't realise this had happened.

quote:

Court overturns Crafar farms sale decision

Feb. 15 (BusinessDesk) – The decision allowing sale of the Crafar dairy farms to Chinese investor Shanghai Pengxin has been set aside, with the High Court directing Ministers to reconsider the application.

Judge Forrest Miller found that the Overseas Investment Office’s recommendation to allow the purchase to occur “materially overstated” the economic benefit of the transaction to the New Zealand economy.

That was because any new purchaser of the farms would be expected to return them from their current “unsatisfactory” state “to bring their production up to its potential.”

http://business.scoop.co.nz/2012/02/15/breaking-court-overturns-crafar-farms-sale-decision/

This link has the decision on Overseas Investment Office decision of sale of the farms
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL1202/S00099/judgment-court-overturns-crafar-farm-sale-decision.htm

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Feb 15, 2012

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010

Pigeon Shamus posted:

The way it's phrased makes my head hurt. And yeah, that's not really something you should say after polling 17% on "good leadership of Maori issues" and 88% against a major plank of your policy.

BeanTaco
Apr 14, 2011

door.jar posted:

The way it's phrased makes my head hurt. And yeah, that's not really something you should say after polling 17% on "good leadership of Maori issues" and 88% against a major plank of your policy.

I interpreted it as "we have more fanatical maori supporters"
So I guess that 17% is hardcore or something.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Meanwhile, Labour is looking to score points off of the politics-free RadioLive show, having used the OIA to obtain information which shows how intimately involved the National Party and John Key was in putting that show together in the first place:

Herald posted:

Labour: PM had big hand in radio show
By Claire Trevett
10:30 AM Wednesday Feb 15, 2012

Labour is going back to the Electoral Commission about John Key's pre-election RadioLive show, saying the Prime Minister was more involved in it than he let on.

Labour's deputy leader, Grant Robertson, yesterday released emails showing Mr Key had chosen and approached his own guests and his office had changed a "brief" about the show and provided the wording for RadioLive to request advice from the Electoral Commission about it.

In the emails Mr Key's communications manager, Willy Trolove, also wrote that Electoral Commission advice had not given a definitive go-ahead for the show, but made it clear the responsibility was on the broadcaster, "which is useful".

Mr Robertson said the emails showed Mr Key's office was clearly nervous about a possible rule breach.

"Saying it is 'useful' that the blame would be on the broadcaster is a further example of them wanting to put the blame onto RadioLive here. They knew this was a heavily political act and that it was nonsense it was the 'election-free zone' the Prime Minister has been peddling."

Mr Key admitted in Parliament yesterday he had chosen the interview subjects for the show, but said he did not know his staff were involved in changing the show's brief or had drafted the request for RadioLive to get an opinion from the Electoral Commission before it aired.

The Electoral Commission referred the Prime Minister's Hour programme to police last week, saying RadioLive aired an election programme in breach of the Broadcasting Act. However, it was decided the programme was not an election advertisement because Mr Key was under the editorial control of RadioLive.

Mr Robertson said emails from Mr Key's office showed he was heavily involved in the content of the programme and knew it could possibly breach electoral rules but believed the blame would fall on RadioLive.

He would refer the emails to the Electoral Commission to see if it had been aware of them when it decided that Mr Key was acting under the editorial control of RadioLive.

The emails show RadioLive did send instructions regarding the show to the Prime Minister, saying his office should provide him with lines to use if he was asked about voting. RadioLive also said its own lawyer was "totally comfortable" unless the Prime Minister "starts telling people how to vote".

Mr Key also had leeway over the questions he asked: RadioLive sent "draft" questions only and asked one guest what he wanted to talk about.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=10785611

Pigeon Shamus
Apr 14, 2010

I don't see this radio show blowing up as big as it could, but it strikes me as bizarre that we've had the Official Information Act since the 1980s and yet MPs still do things like have massive email conversations about how to best avoid blame for something they are pretty sure is going to run afoul of some law. You'd think they'd have adjusted to this thirty-year-old environment of openness by now.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pigeon Shamus posted:

I don't see this radio show blowing up as big as it could, but it strikes me as bizarre that we've had the Official Information Act since the 1980s and yet MPs still do things like have massive email conversations about how to best avoid blame for something they are pretty sure is going to run afoul of some law. You'd think they'd have adjusted to this thirty-year-old environment of openness by now.

It's appeared it's blown up a lot more than the Nats would have liked from the looks of it. Labour have been making some inroads with media-related issues, with this and the whole McElrea fiasco, so they might as well keep milking this until it says "moo." But yeah, the Crafar farms fiasco is probably going to overshadow it.

It's been a rubbish start to this parliamentary cycle for National and there does seem to be an air of King Kong at the top of the Empire State Building about them at the moment.

Also, speaking of emails, I wonder if the McCully emails will ever become public.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 16, 2012

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Also Shearer got the boot from his morning segment on TV1 I think. Could it all be related? :tinfoil:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Red_Fred posted:

Also Shearer got the boot from his morning segment on TV1 I think. Could it all be related? :tinfoil:

TVNZ is saying they're returning to a previous format of only having the leader of the opposition on only during election time. Shearer does get a fair bit of TV and radio time elsewhere, but it does appear a bit dodgy when the government-owned broadcaster announces that the leader of the opposition will no longer be appearing on their airwaves regularly while the PM does. It's certainly not the best timing, when the government is taking solid hits on issues relating to allegations of political interference in the media.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 16, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm curious what the general opinion of the Ports of Auckland dispute is here.
I am a seafarer myself and personally I think all that's going to happen is Tauranga is going to continue to eat Auckland's lunch and only more so when they aren't able to do their jobs...
As for the workers, I loving hate wharfies with a passion, but I am actually on their side - it is bullshit they are being forced into these casual positions and their pay so blatantly misrepresented by the opposition. On another note, what is up with the Herald/Stuff coverage of it - so far as I can tell they are actually AGAINST the union? Since when does the media take the side of big business?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's the Herald. They do that kind of thing.

I think the wharfies are in the right with this one. Sure, it will slightly inconvenience us, but they have their livelihoods at stake and families to think about.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Is there such a thing as a paper worth reading in NZ or should I just give up hope?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Two Finger posted:

Is there such a thing as a paper worth reading in NZ or should I just give up hope?

No and yes.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Two Finger posted:

Since when does the media take the side of big business?

This is precious.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm more used to them taking the side of the downtrodden worker.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Prime News is probably one of the better news shows. It runs for 30 minutes, so they have little time to editorialise. You only really get the headlines, but it gets the job done. If a story piques your interest, you can always read up on it elsewhere after getting the cliffnotes version on TV.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pigeon Shamus posted:

I think they're generally covered by the fact most New Zealanders couldn't give a smaller gently caress about politics 99% of the time.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I wonder if Bill English will show up to parliament tomorrow. I'm guessing we'll see Steven Joyce to face the questions in his place instead.

The gist of it is, English has admitted that he's only guessed the profits from the SOE sales, but in reality, he has no idea. It will also cost us $200million in dividends and a forecast $360million in profits. TV3 reckons it may even wipe out the surplus that English probably guessed would be there by 2015.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/6429541/Govt-says-asset-sales-will-cut-debt

Here's TV3's coverage of it if you want a comparison with Stuff.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Government-admits-to-guessing-asset-sale-profits/tabid/1607/articleID/243158/Default.aspx

Also in a move that surprised absolutely no one, the ACT leader is now John Banks.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 16, 2012

Butt Wizard
Nov 3, 2005

It was a pornography store. I was buying pornography.
Don't confuse 'just being poo poo at reporting anything' with bias a certain way. Neither side's points have really been debated in the POAL vs Maritime Union coverage at all. They get talking point from key players, then one or two experts who are so biased in a particular way (this varies from story to story) and then name a point in the future at which it could all change and that rounds out the story. It's pretty formulaic.

Another good example is the coverage of the Inner City Rail loop, for instance. The only thing that our press seem interested in is the conflicted ideals of Central and National government. The actual Auckland rail proposal has received little to no scrutiny at all.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Just watching the news on 3+1 - does anyone really give a flying gently caress about Mallard selling tickets to homegrown on trademe?
He bought them, couldn't use them so sold them by auction... if people didn't want to pay more than retail why the gently caress did they? That is how auctions work!

It hardly seems like something that should have pre-empted Iran's nuclear development, or the P lab bust, as the first story. It would not have been out of place as the dumb "before you change the channel now that sports is next" story.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

ClubmanGT posted:

Don't confuse 'just being poo poo at reporting anything' with bias a certain way. Neither side's points have really been debated in the POAL vs Maritime Union coverage at all. They get talking point from key players, then one or two experts who are so biased in a particular way (this varies from story to story) and then name a point in the future at which it could all change and that rounds out the story. It's pretty formulaic.

Another good example is the coverage of the Inner City Rail loop, for instance. The only thing that our press seem interested in is the conflicted ideals of Central and National government. The actual Auckland rail proposal has received little to no scrutiny at all.

The business news on 3 is a 5 minute advert for ASB.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Dead Alice posted:

Just watching the news on 3+1 - does anyone really give a flying gently caress about Mallard selling tickets to homegrown on trademe?
He bought them, couldn't use them so sold them by auction... if people didn't want to pay more than retail why the gently caress did they? That is how auctions work!

It hardly seems like something that should have pre-empted Iran's nuclear development, or the P lab bust, as the first story. It would not have been out of place as the dumb "before you change the channel now that sports is next" story.

WEll, him introducing a law that would stop scalpers for big international events then looking like he's scalping was pretty loving stupid of him.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

ledge posted:

WEll, him introducing a law that would stop scalpers for big international events then looking like he's scalping was pretty loving stupid of him.

Yeah, but it is just "pretty loving stupid" and hardly of any real significance.

Oh look, half an hour in and we're getting to the Manawatu gorge, a major issue for the lower north island exacerbated by decades of poor management and cost cutting. Welp, better run the story of the MP looking like a tit before this!

e: To be fair, that segment had Brownlee looking like a tit too...

Big Bad Beetleborg fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 16, 2012

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010
http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/6431418/Marryatt-skips-council-debate-to-play-golf

quote:

Christchurch City Council chief executive Tony Marryatt's decision to leave a council meeting early today to play golf has been supported by the deputy mayor.

Marryatt excused himself from today's council meeting to take part in the 2012 Pro-Am Tournament at Pegasus Golf Course.

The tournament is being held as part of the NZ Women's Open, which starts tomorrow.

In a statement released this afternoon, Deputy Mayor Ngaire Button said she supported Marryatt taking part in the "flagship event".

"The event is also important for Christchurch in that it brings visitors into the region and has so many positives, particularly economic, for our city," Button said.

Marryatt teed off at 1pm, playing with a group including Canterbury Rugby Football Union chief executive Hamish Riach and Canadian golfer Lorie Kane.

While on the golf course, Marryatt missed discussions about the council's facilities rebuild plan and repair work for two heritage-listed buildings, the Poseidon Café in Sumner and the Curator's House in the Botanic Gardens.

He was also absent during a public-excluded discussion about "additional governance arrangements for earthquake recovery planning" and the city's earthquake awards, which are being announced next week.

Before leaving the council meeting, Marryatt told The Press he had taken a half-day of annual leave to play in the tournament.

He defended his decision to take part, saying he needed "some kind of balance" between his work and personal life.

Twelve of the amateur golfers taking part in the tournament are guests of the Christchurch City Council, which is one of the tournament's sponsors.

The chief executive's golfing habit came under fire last month, after it was revealed that he had played golf on two of the weekends he said he worked after the February 2011 earthquake.

Taking leave to play in a golf tournament is fine, however it's hilariously ill advised when you're already under fire for golfing on days you claimed to be working and being massively overpaid.

In other news someone got a picture of the freshly appointed Government observer snoozing in today's council meeting.

roarshark
Apr 7, 2002

Ratios and Tendency posted:

See above. The Greens were really complaining about the hours their staff were being paid for, rather than the technology. That's an entirely different kettle of fish, but you can always rely on the Greens to emotionalise everything rather than debate it in a rational way.

Combine that with their hilarious support of banning DiHydrogen Monoxide and you've got a barrel of laughs. And let's not forget their awesome taxypayer funded retirement scheme through property. Yes sir, the Greens dont ever lie about anything.

roarshark
Apr 7, 2002

Dead Alice posted:

Yeah, but it is just "pretty loving stupid" and hardly of any real significance.

Oh look, half an hour in and we're getting to the Manawatu gorge, a major issue for the lower north island exacerbated by decades of poor management and cost cutting. Welp, better run the story of the MP looking like a tit before this!

This is the third year he's done it in a row, all the while using taxpayer provided equipment and time to do it.

roarshark
Apr 7, 2002

Vagabundo posted:

TVNZ is saying they're returning to a previous format of only having the leader of the opposition on only during election time. Shearer does get a fair bit of TV and radio time elsewhere, but it does appear a bit dodgy when the government-owned broadcaster announces that the leader of the opposition will no longer be appearing on their airwaves regularly while the PM does. It's certainly not the best timing, when the government is taking solid hits on issues relating to allegations of political interference in the media.

It's been standard practice for about 10 years. I trust you'll be complaining when the government changes and National get bumrushed out of the same said coverage?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

My :siren:girlfriendoutrage:siren:

What's this about using tax payer time and equipment? You've never checked your own email on your work computer or taken a break?

Butt Wizard
Nov 3, 2005

It was a pornography store. I was buying pornography.

Dead Alice posted:

My :siren:girlfriendoutrage:siren:

What's this about using tax payer time and equipment? You've never checked your own email on your work computer or taken a break?

I don't bill 'taking a break' to anyone, so no.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ClubmanGT posted:

I just genuinely can't believe that the editor is happy to sign off on the loving drivel they keep putting out. It's insult to injury with the bright red NEWSPAPER OF THE YEAR on every copy of the Herald being sold. It makes me laugh in a really bitter and unhappy way when I read the College Herald because it is almost invariably better written and researched than the loving Herald.

roarshark posted:

Combine that with their hilarious support of banning DiHydrogen Monoxide and you've got a barrel of laughs.

Please tell me you have a link.

Pigeon Shamus
Apr 14, 2010

Dead Alice posted:

I like the Stuff article, in which it points out that the Gorge - a key transport route between the Lower North Island and Hawkes Bay that is currently replaced by a clusterfuck of a backup road in the Saddle Road (that runs through my hometown, but the main detour turning right before the main drag down some residential side-streets hasn't exactly been great for it) - has been closed since August last year and yet the only time it's been visited before today was in September by the Associate Transport Minister and several others electioneering. Six months. I mean, even if Joyce had paid it a perfunctory visit to get a lay of the slip, it would at least look like he was doing something. It's costing the Manawatu a shitload in lost business, but I guess if it's not motorways in Auckland it's not worth the attention.

EDIT:

roarshark posted:

It's been standard practice for about 10 years. I trust you'll be complaining when the government changes and National get bumrushed out of the same said coverage?

It should be standard practice period, it's only fair to offer the Opposition Leader and the Prime Minister rights of rebuttal to the other on the broadcasts they frequent. But please, keep insinuating that you're the only one who really understands politics as you always do.

Pigeon Shamus fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 16, 2012

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

ClubmanGT posted:

I don't bill 'taking a break' to anyone, so no.

Sorry, I'm talking about Mallard and trademe in response to Mr Triplepost there, not Marryatt.

Pigeon Shamus posted:

Saddle Road
I've been over the Saddle Rd a few times since the collapse and considering the volume of traffic over it, I think it's held up quite well (though haven't they spent a years budget worth of Gorge maintenance on it since August? Not 100% on that). It should never have been that poo poo in the first place though given the potential for this exact situation.

Big Bad Beetleborg fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Feb 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

roarshark posted:

You want to point out the part in the post you quoted where I complained about it? I trust you'll learn how to comprehend what you're reading in the near future, you patronising gently caress.

• Locked thread