Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

AttackBacon posted:

Well those are min units at 2 points, not the full units at 3 points, so I'd be one point short of the Bronzeback :(. But I could pick up a Cannoneer or Sentry? I don't much see the use of a Sentry but a Cannoneer would give me some ranged threat, still be good in melee, and has a pretty handy Animus to keep the other 'beasts alive. Would that work?

The Sentry kinda owns actually, I'd use the Sentry.

e: oh and whoever designed the Cetrati kit needs to be loving SHOT

not killed, just like, in the leg or something

gently caress that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Ah poo poo I cant read, derp.

Sentry is fine, but honestly Id try to fit a BB into that list. Maybe something like this:

System: Hordes
Faction: Skorne
Casters: 1/1
Master Tormentor Morghoul (*7pts)
* Basilisk Drake (4pts)
* Cyclops Brute (5pts)
* Bronzeback Titan (10pts)
* Titan Gladiator (8pts)
* Aptimus Marketh (3pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)

Or dump marketh and do this:

System: Hordes
Faction: Skorne
Master Tormentor Morghoul (*7pts)
* Cyclops Brute (5pts)
* Cyclops Savage (5pts)
* Bronzeback Titan (10pts)
* Titan Gladiator (8pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Agonizer (2pts)

Morghoul can run the rhinodon and have it be OK, but youre going to find its a pillowey fisted wuss with the rest of your casters in faction.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I really hope they come out with another version of the Rhinodon at some point, the koopa troopa is too cool.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

A character rhinodon would be fun.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

A character rhinodon would be fun.

I want a Rhinodon alpha that's like a Bronzeback compared to a gladiator. Then I can have a Jurassic Park list. gently caress yes :v:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Yeah I eventually want to run a Xerxis list so I do want a Bronzeback, so I'm going to try to swing something like your first list. I was looking at Drake's right when you posted it too, I think the Spray fills a nice gap in the list and the Animus seems pretty solid for letting Morghoul get away with some shenanigans without being OBLITERATED next turn.

Rhinodons are awesome though, and a character one would be super sweet. I also desperately want to fit the Totem Hunter into a list somewhere, I love his model and I think his look fits Skorne perfectly. I will paint him like an anorexic Titan!

Chicken Slayer
Nov 7, 2009
First off, welcome to Skorne. Please take your complementary Titan Gladiator, Beast Handlers, Bronzeback and... you seem to be missing something.

Good old Molik Khan.

Please remember never to leave him at home and to put him in every list. We wouldn't want anyone to think that Skorne players know how the play fair now would we?

In all seriousness, Molik Khan works really well with P Morghoul. Apart from going around doing Molik Khan things extra well thanks to Abuse, P Morghoul really benefits from Molik Khan's animus. Lets you play agressive with him and get around Morghoul's small control range. Also, super cheap to buy. Maybe not for this list, but you should at some point consider substituting the Bronzeback for Khan and seeing how he plays.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Let us return to the best faction ever. THE BEST FACTION.

Warlocks:

Warlocks with Alcohol:

Champions, and UA with Alcohol:

The Entertainment, Fell Caller and Stone Scribe Chronicler:

Fennblades:

Stone Bearer, Scribes, and Elder Scribe:

I will absolutely be finished by the time my War Wagon arrives!!!!

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
Great trolls, trollbro! I like your grog bottles, I'm stealing that.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Tried the guidons scenario last night, completely read it wrong, hate it when that happens!

We didn't move the guidon around, just scored on it, it made it completely broken and weird. But still, that won't happen again.

*edit* Awesome trolls Dexefiend!

Raiche
Oct 29, 2007

Verdugo posted:

Kraye reminds me of "End of the Trail." combined with the Robert E Lee Statue. Example of what I'm talking about :

http://www.sculpturegallery.com/sculpture/end_of_the_trail2_by_fraser.html

"End of the Trail" was exactly what I was trying to remember. I don't know why I was having such a hard time, I blame migraines.

Krayechat 2012!

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?

Raiche posted:

"End of the Trail" was exactly what I was trying to remember. I don't know why I was having such a hard time, I blame migraines.

Krayechat 2012!

Kraye is the only model in the Cygnar range I want and I know if I get him I'll want him to have bros and gently caress that noise.

Raiche
Oct 29, 2007

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

Kraye is the only model in the Cygnar range I want and I know if I get him I'll want him to have bros and gently caress that noise.

I just got paid back for a paycheck that work says they forgot last year. I have no idea what they're talking about, but I have money now that says "Buy Rangers and Hunters, Raiche. Do it!" and now I am scared to go to my game store to play tomorrow.

So what I'm saying is, what's a solid way to grow a Kraye list if you have a Battlebox, a Journeyman and Kraye?

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

Raiche posted:

I just got paid back for a paycheck that work says they forgot last year. I have no idea what they're talking about, but I have money now that says "Buy Rangers and Hunters, Raiche. Do it!" and now I am scared to go to my game store to play tomorrow.

So what I'm saying is, what's a solid way to grow a Kraye list if you have a Battlebox, a Journeyman and Kraye?

God drat it this made me read his spell list and now I'm probably going to buy him. gently caress this game. gently caress you all.

Does he work well with gun mages or maybe Black 13th? They don't seem to need a whole lot of support.

J Bjelke-Postersen fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 16, 2012

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I played a 50 point game last night against pVlad, running this list:

System: Warmachine
Faction: Protectorate of Menoth
Grand Scrutator Severius (*6pts)
* Redeemer (6pts)
* Reckoner (8pts)
* Reckoner (8pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Daughters of the Flame (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Daughters of the Flame (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Exemplar Errants (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard Bearer (2pts)
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & 2 Honor Guard (4pts)
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord (2pts)
The Covenant of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)

and I got rather destroyed by pVlad, Behemoth, Spriggan, Nyss with RO, Winterguard and Great Bears

I ran all my daughters up 1st turn, one unit had dward and Rhupert +1 def for a total of 18 def, and the other ran up a flank. On my opponents turn between nyss CRA, Winterguard CRA, and Spriggan aoes both of my units of daughters went to half strength, and failed their command checks. This seems to always happen with daughters and I, so I'm not sure if I need to just run 2 up and keep 4 back, or what, but I suck with daughters.

After that I traded a lot of models with the errants and his WG/Nyss, I had some unlucky rolls trying to kill a Spriggan with my Reckoner, and next turn he feated and great bears killed my reckoner, and behemoth crippled my other. Redeemer cleared out a few WG but that was about it.

What annoys me is that I don't know how I could have won with my list. pVlad's feat meant it would be very tough for me to get an alpha strike, and camping great bears near his jacks meant whatever I sent up would die next turn. He got lucky with moving some Nyss behind my jacks to prevent enliven where I thought I had enough infantry to prevent this, but as more and more players learn how to work around enliven, I think more and more TFG might replace Errants in lists because they make better protection against this tactic. Big CRAs from Nyss or even WG meant my daughters were going to go down very fast, and them breaking on 1st turn meant 10 points of my army didn't really get to do a drat thing.

I think if I face this list in a tourney, I'll take eFeora against it instead of pSeverius.

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.

Raiche posted:

Pretty much all theorymachine here, but I think if you turn that BBox heavy into a cyclone, use the charger and add a hunter or hammersmith and field junior with a unit of merc infantry (if you already have them) you'd be well on your way. Adding a squire would probably be a good idea too.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

YOu would have to buy the cyclone arms and head somewhere, it doesnt come with them. Only the multi-kits come with the various parts, the BB just has the ironclad stuff.

Raiche
Oct 29, 2007

I am really eager to have whatever this program PP is talking about. I would love to theorymachine out a Kraye list here at work, but I can't go anywhere that is tagged as 'games' by my work filter, and the Cygnar book is at home. So sad, so sad.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What are you guys using to make those army lists? Just saw it in the OP.

Going to be getting a demo game today to see how much I like the game system, looking forward to it.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Raiche, use iBodger.

Raiche
Oct 29, 2007

Swags posted:

Raiche, use iBodger.

For list building, yes. But I don't know Cygnar like I do Khador. I know enough to recognize a Hunter, or DJ Thunder, but I'm not familiar enough to have Kraye's spells or figure what merc unit compliments him best. I just whine.

If the PP program let's me see cards on the phone, work is doomed.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Raiche posted:

For list building, yes. But I don't know Cygnar like I do Khador. I know enough to recognize a Hunter, or DJ Thunder, but I'm not familiar enough to have Kraye's spells or figure what merc unit compliments him best. I just whine.

If the PP program let's me see cards on the phone, work is doomed.

It lets you play games on the phone.. So yes, work is doomed.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone have input on the Warmachine tournament process? My local gaming club wants to run a Warmachine campaign style tournament with a few people. Looking on Privateer Press' site, they say their tournament stuff is available for purchase for retailers and clubs, but then on the store page itself it's restricted to FLGS only.

Anyone have experience with this stuff? I called up PP and left a message for their tournament guy and I'm waiting for an answer. Looking at large campaign stuff I see Warmachine Escalation but that's for MkI.

FInally got all the pieces to my Winterguard Deathstar and those are some nice figures. The standard bearer is nice, I wish the embossed Khador symbol was a bit lower on the flag so it matches eIrusk's flag. Too bad the white metal troopers don't come in more than 2 different poses in the blister.

Raiche
Oct 29, 2007

Verdugo posted:

Does anyone have input on the Warmachine tournament process? My local gaming club wants to run a Warmachine campaign style tournament with a few people. Looking on Privateer Press' site, they say their tournament stuff is available for purchase for retailers and clubs, but then on the store page itself it's restricted to FLGS only.

Anyone have experience with this stuff? I called up PP and left a message for their tournament guy and I'm waiting for an answer. Looking at large campaign stuff I see Warmachine Escalation but that's for MkI.

FInally got all the pieces to my Winterguard Deathstar and those are some nice figures. The standard bearer is nice, I wish the embossed Khador symbol was a bit lower on the flag so it matches eIrusk's flag. Too bad the white metal troopers don't come in more than 2 different poses in the blister.

Shave off the symbol and put something new!

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

Raiche posted:

I'm probably going to have to do this on every Skorne standard/flag if I want to properly rep the Foot Clan.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Raiche posted:

It's hard to freehand Irusk peeing on the Cygnar symbol. Maybe I'll put "Cygnar Sucks" underneath in Khadoran.

Raiche
Oct 29, 2007

Verdugo posted:

It's hard to freehand Irusk peeing on the Cygnar symbol. Maybe I'll put "Cygnar Sucks" underneath in Khadoran.

That's a good idea! I need to come up with some slogans to put across my Khador Battle Wagon thing. It's got too much open space to not have had soldiers draw things on it.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I have an ongoing theme across my army where one of the shoulderpads on my jacks and Manowars have Khadoran runes. The white runes really stand out on my red / burgundy / gold color scheme.

There's a thread on Khador translated runes on the Privateer Press forums, it's a simple substitution cipher. http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?10746-Khador-Rune-Alphabet

The cool thing about it is apparently the spell effect circles in the Warmachine Prime II book spell out the name of the spell that's being cast, so that picture of Vlad with the circle around his arm of runes spells out Signs and Portents.

I'll have to update the thread with pictures when I get home.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Verdugo posted:

I have an ongoing theme across my army where one of the shoulderpads on my jacks and Manowars have Khadoran runes. The white runes really stand out on my red / burgundy / gold color scheme.

There's a thread on Khador translated runes on the Privateer Press forums, it's a simple substitution cipher. http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?10746-Khador-Rune-Alphabet

The cool thing about it is apparently the spell effect circles in the Warmachine Prime II book spell out the name of the spell that's being cast, so that picture of Vlad with the circle around his arm of runes spells out Signs and Portents.

I'll have to update the thread with pictures when I get home.
This is pretty neat. Are those runes Khador specific? I noticed Cygnar and merc use similar/the same runes. Cryx and Menoth have something else. I don't know about others.

I was checking out some of the podcasts in the OP. Can someone explain the theme of hating cygnar? I can understand things like haley's feats not being much fun, but overall I don't see more broken/overpowered/unfun stuff than anyone else.

Fast_Food_Knight
Nov 23, 2007

Be nice, He's a knight!
He's just a fast food knight.
It's coller to hate on cryx/legion anyway. Cryx are boss though!

Chicken Slayer
Nov 7, 2009

CampingCarl posted:

I was checking out some of the podcasts in the OP. Can someone explain the theme of hating cygnar? I can understand things like haley's feats not being much fun, but overall I don't see more broken/overpowered/unfun stuff than anyone else.

Like Cryx, they can be frustraiting to play against. And honestly, it's low hanging fruit. How can you not hate Cygnar for having the Black 13th, Gun Mages, The Thunderhead, Haley, a Warcaster with a Lightsaber or E Caine.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Chicken Slayer posted:

Like Cryx, they can be frustraiting to play against. And honestly, it's low hanging fruit. How can you not hate Cygnar for having the Black 13th, Gun Mages, The Thunderhead, Haley, a Warcaster with a Lightsaber or E Caine.
As a newer player I just saw as much ridiculous stuff in the other factions and didn't see what was different. Is it easier to use/win with, ie. 40k Space Marines, or is it just annoying mechanics but no real advantage?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

How do you not hate Cygnar for [the only things that are worth taking in their faction]? :v:

Seriously though, the way Cygnar is set up as a faction, they either need to go for a quick caster kill or a board control game. They can't afford to get into a knock down, drag out fight, and they typically don't try to. That can be frustrating to play against some times.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 17, 2012

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

This game owns, that's all I'm going to say, splatting a Warcaster is awesome.

Going to be picking up the Menoth starterbox this weekend and paint that up ASAP before I expand my force, is it worth me picking up the Menoth army book at all?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

The Aberrant posted:

Use a light grey with a black for flesh, paint mechanical bits back and drybrush a dark metal over top, glowing green eyes, and for any exposed innards I do purple with a red drybrush over top. Pretty simple and quick plus it looks decent.

Thanks for the advice! I followed your advice (save for the purple) and am having problems with the skin. This is what I have so far:

Any advice on how to do the skin? I don't want it to look black/grey all over.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Exmond posted:

Thanks for the advice! I followed your advice (save for the purple) and am having problems with the skin. This is what I have so far:

Any advice on how to do the skin? I don't want it to look black/grey all over.

Wash that poo poo with Devlan Mud.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

S.J. posted:

Wash that poo poo with Devlan Mud.

I disagree, Warlock Purp.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Here's a dude that I did with leviathan purple washes and highlighting with some sort of light green.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Either one works. You could do Baal Red also, and then go back over the raised areas with a flesh tone. You can even do a Sepia wash, and then do a thinned down wash of thraka green over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

If any of you guys are in the midwest, RIW hobbies in Livonia, MI, is hosting a Warmachine Weekend Qualifier on 2/25.

$5 entry
10am sign in
11am start

SR2012, 2 list, divide and conquer, 50 pts.

From what I understand Neutralyze cant play because he already qualified, and Chuck is running it, but there will still be some really good locals playing, as well as guys from canada, ohio, wisconsin, possibly iowa, etc. Should be a good time.

• Locked thread