Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

FrozenVent posted:

Isn't that when he drunkenly makes out with Sansa?

Could be. Doesn't he tell her how he got the scar then too? My recollection of these books is getting pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

IRQ posted:

Could be. Doesn't he tell her how he got the scar then too? My recollection of these books is getting pretty bad.

He told her the story the night of the Ned's Tourney when he took her back to the Tower of the Hand

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

IRQ posted:

Yeah, it's been years since we read that part.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Man, why does everyone think he kissed her? He lied about it to Arya to try and get her to kill him.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

my cat is norris posted:

Tony Danza Claus, if you dropped your Wild Cards tag on purpose, I apologize for sticking it back in there. These colors stick together and don't run, never forget.

AHA! 'twas you!

Hey guys. Long time no see.

I've been knee-deep in building a big gently caress you to Reddit for a while, obviously.

Luckily season two is coming soon, so I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys and the lovely TVIV threads.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Thanks again for making the GRRM cry bitter tears by making his favorite subreddits go away.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

whowhatwhere posted:

Man, why does everyone think he kissed her? He lied about it to Arya to try and get her to kill him.

It's probably because it seems like Sansa's not sure whether they kissed or not in her later chapters.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

Thanks again for making the GRRM cry bitter tears by making his favorite subreddits go away.

While reddit speculates that Lowtax did it to generate income for SA, my Wild Cards homies know the real reason behind the Pedocalypse.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Urdnot Fire posted:

It's probably because it seems like Sansa's not sure whether they kissed or not in her later chapters.

She wasn't sure if he was in her or if she was in him? My Sandor :swoon:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Tony Danza Claus posted:

While reddit speculates that Lowtax did it to generate income for SA, my Wild Cards homies know the real reason behind the Pedocalypse.

Thanks to you I know have a newfound distaste for tweet stealing and also have been compiling a GRRMbomb to send out via my grandmother's chain email crew about HBO and Bantam Books blatant disregard for child safety in America. Keep fighting the good fight.

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012
Finally registered after years of lurking (mostly in this thread). I was tempted to register when GRRM got poop-dick a while back. I missed out on that fun. Anyway, rape, lemon cakes, breastplate nipples and nuncles to you all. Absolute fucker.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

el_brio posted:

Finally registered after years of lurking (mostly in this thread). I was tempted to register when GRRM got poop-dick a while back. I missed out on that fun. Anyway, rape, lemon cakes, breastplate nipples and nuncles to you all. Absolute fucker.

Now it's not even fun anymore. Thanks for ruining our precious memes, rear end in a top hat.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Obviously you're not a true fan or you'd have used "shitdick" :smugbert:

Also you forgot making GBS threads water. That is unforgivable.

:frogout:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

Obviously you're not a true fan or you'd have used "shitdick" :smugbert:

Also you forgot making GBS threads water. That is unforgivable.

:frogout:

I haven't been here in months and I knew about the Spray Dook.

For shame, little one. For shame.

Now :getin: and tell us your favorite GRRM parable on honeyed meats.

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012
making GBS threads bloody water (don't forget the sexy part). I wonder if GRRM wrote those chapters when he was laid up with poo poo-dick? Anyway, I'd like to echo the opinion of some of those here that think that Dance was a boring, meandering pile of mediocrity. I lost track of how many times during my read through that I thought to myself, "Jesus George... not another loving new plot element that you will invariably forget about and abandon." Well, I suppose that since the next book must be already around 80% complete (har har), we will find out soon enough how he brings all the threads together. At this point, I don't even know why I care anymore.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

el_brio posted:

making GBS threads bloody water (don't forget the sexy part). I wonder if GRRM wrote those chapters when he was laid up with poo poo-dick? Anyway, I'd like to echo the opinion of some of those here that think that Dance was a boring, meandering pile of mediocrity. I lost track of how many times during my read through that I thought to myself, "Jesus George... not another loving new plot element that you will invariably forget about and abandon." Well, I suppose that since the next book must be already around 80% complete (har har), we will find out soon enough how he brings all the threads together. At this point, I don't even know why I care anymore.

Hopefully the HBO season that covers Dance ignores all that Tyrion and Pretty Pig bullshit, and Red Robin and the other secret Targ and whatnot and just focuses on fat lord Manderly :iceburn:ing Freys and being a total pimp at all times.

And Episode 10 better just be Dany spraying the landscape with flaming hot spicy blood doodoo.

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012
I have been waiting for the 2nd season to start but the actress who plays Dany is painful to watch. The guy who plays Jon is a bit of a brooding emo-douche too. Without the perfectly cast Peter Dinklage, the series would be pretty bad I think.

I had forgotten all about Pretty Pig and Tyrion's dwarf girlfriend. Ugggg. God those were lame chapters. Thanks for reminding me. Props on the Reddit Jihad too BTW. I saw the story on a different website and it mentioned your name and I recognized it from the bad thread(s).

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

He told her the story the night of the Ned's Tourney when he took her back to the Tower of the Hand

They cut that scene from the TV show and had Littlefinger tell the story instead. I'm assuming they'll cut out any of his interactions with her in the second season so they only have to film one creepy barely pubescent Sansa romance. Somehow Sandor's pedophilia is responsible for most of his character development in the books so I guess hes going to be really one dimensional in the show.

I'm disappointed that GRRM is writing the episode that will have the Battle of Blackwater honestly. He was doing a great job of steadily building tension with Sansa's chapters with everyone hiding in the red keep and all that and suddenly he completely ruins the mood with his sperglord description of the food they were eating while Sansa contemplates whether or not Cersei is going to murder her.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

el_brio posted:

Someone paid money to post in this thread.

Holy shitdick.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

IRQ posted:

Holy shitdick.

Reading his posts now I'd gladly have paid money to keep him from it.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

IRQ posted:

Holy shitdick.
If a man cannot post about shitdicks on an internet forum, is his life worth living?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Joramun posted:

Reading his posts now I'd gladly have paid money to keep him from it.

Quick question...all five of them??

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012

IRQ posted:

Holy shitdick.

Not exactly. I enjoy reading many of the various forums. Anyway, thanks for the expected warm welcome.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Awful_lot_of_underscore_nicks_in_here

Welcome to the thread that is a shell of its former glory.

Please feel free to remind us of anything that happened in the books because it's just been so long that everyone is forgetting.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dead Man Posting posted:

Says "Three Word Name".

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Dead Man Posting posted:

Don't make light of my people. I think your spacebar oppression has done enough damage to us already.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Says "Three Word Name".

Having three-word names is simply awesome. Not as arrogant as four-word names (GRRM) and more powerful than two. Underscore names are simply puny one word imho.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Dead Man Posting posted:

Underscore names are simply puny one word imho.

Oh now you've done it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Dead Man Posting posted:

Having three-word names is simply awesome. Not as arrogant as four-word names (GRRM) and more powerful than two. Underscore names are simply puny one word imho.

I have a dream. A dream where a poster is judged, not on the amount of words in his username, but on the quality of his posting history.

In that dream, namecists like yourself have long since passed into archives.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dead Man Posting posted:

Not as arrogant as four-word names

my cat is norris is literally 10 hitlers in a 5 hitler bag.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I literally and unironically judge the quality of people's post by their regdate.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Dead Man Posting posted:

I literally and unironically judge the quality of people's post by their regdate.
Isn't that somewhat self-defeating?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Tony Danza Claus posted:

my cat is norris is literally 10 hitlers in a 5 hitler bag.

You leave my future desperation marriage pact wife-to-be alone! Or not, whatevs.

Tony why the gently caress don't you come on irc anymore?

Dead Man Posting posted:

:snoop:

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Factor_VIII posted:

Isn't that somewhat self-defeating?

No. For example, all my post on this page are complete shitpost. But at this very moment, I am getting better with my posting because I am one second older in the regdate.

Anyways for a (real) post, here is a interview of GRRM from Feather Factor.

The biggest gem so far is this:

quote:

What's the biggest misconception about you?

Oh boy. I'm having a tough time thinking about something here.

So to paraphrase: "All conceptions about me are true".

But it continues:

quote:

So does that mean that everything out there is true then?

Oh, well all right. Here's a misconception. There's some weird theories out there, about my books. The books (A Song of Ice and Fire series) take a lot time to write as you know - and the last one was seriously late. I've read some crazy theories on the internet about the delay. Lunatic fans who think I finished writing four years earlier and was just sitting on the finished book to drive the price up. Or that I was just hiding it away. Clearly some people know nothing about publishing.

So to paraphrase: "Okay, all conceptions about me are true except for the one where I finished the book and wasn't releasing it in order to drive the price up"

Stay Safe fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 17, 2012

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
So what's the story with GURM getting shitdick? I don't know what that is

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ashrik posted:

Coliform urinary tract infection.

He literally had doodoo in his weewee.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ashrik posted:

Like a year and a half ago Gurm was hospitalized for some kind of infection in his dick. Kylaer, our resident animal hater, lolbertarian, and medical doctor, told us that the way one gets such an infection is through incredibly poor hygiene and well, the Bad Thread does as it does.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Dead Man Posting posted:

So to paraphrase: "All conceptions about me are true".
I guess he elected not to issue a denial to the 'rape-obsessed pedophile' thing.

Dead Man Posting posted:

So to paraphrase: "Okay, all conceptions about me are true except for the one where I finished the book and wasn't releasing it in order to drive the price up"
I'm surprised there are people that believe that. It would suggest that GRRM finishes books quickly, which quite obviously isn't the case.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Factor_VIII posted:

I'm surprised there are people that believe that. It would suggest that GRRM finishes books quickly, which quite obviously isn't the case.

Our reaction to Gurm here in the Bad Threads has been kind of strange compared to the internet at large. There were people defending him all along and people with crazyass theories like that, especially after the HBO show got announced.

But for us, there is only hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like to think this is one of the few communities with the sheer raw bile to recognize that when an author lies out of his rear end on a deadline six years straight he is then subject to all manner of hyperbolic nastiness.