Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I've been wanting to jump into L5R, but I noticed that a new set is coming out in like a month, so would it be smarter of me to wait till that comes out before getting stuff? I would be getting a starter set or something, since I want to get friends into it as well.

I used to play, but that was during Pearl Edition. How much has the game changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

mikeycp posted:

I've been wanting to jump into L5R, but I noticed that a new set is coming out in like a month, so would it be smarter of me to wait till that comes out before getting stuff? I would be getting a starter set or something, since I want to get friends into it as well.

I used to play, but that was during Pearl Edition. How much has the game changed?

The game has changed significant;y since Pearl, but there should be a rulebook on l5r.com to let you know the changes.

The new set is the next base set, like Pearl. The previous two sets are legal for the next two years (Second City an Before the Dawn) as well as a direct to player set with some neat stuff in it (Forgotten Legacy).

Do not buy any other sets.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Alright. Thanks. I'm gonna try to take a trip out over the weekend to the nearest store that carries these to look into one of those sets.

e: vv Oh. That proxy thing is pretty cool of them. Maybe I'll try that out first.

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 17, 2012

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

mikeycp posted:

The new set is basically out now - prerelease tournaments start this week, and you can print and legally play with proxies (http://www.l5r.com/news/kolat-edition-pdf-available/) for a while. They just put out a thing with some premade proxy decks that might be a good starter (http://www.l5r.com/news/free-kolat-edition-print-and-play-decks/).

If you are wanting to get real cards now, the last two sets (Before the Dawn and Second City) are legal in the new arc, so if those have clans that you are interested in, they might be worth it.

As far as changes since Pearl, there have been quite a few. This will cover you from SE to CE, and this from CE to EE. Beyond that, just check the rulebook and rules.l5r.com for special keywords and abilities and stuff.

Should someone maybe start an L5R specific thread? I'd like to run my planned EE deck by people.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Dagon posted:

The new set is basically out now - prerelease tournaments start this week, and you can print and legally play with proxies (http://www.l5r.com/news/kolat-edition-pdf-available/) for a while. They just put out a thing with some premade proxy decks that might be a good starter (http://www.l5r.com/news/free-kolat-edition-print-and-play-decks/).

If you are wanting to get real cards now, the last two sets (Before the Dawn and Second City) are legal in the new arc, so if those have clans that you are interested in, they might be worth it.

As far as changes since Pearl, there have been quite a few. This will cover you from SE to CE, and this from CE to EE. Beyond that, just check the rulebook and rules.l5r.com for special keywords and abilities and stuff.

Should someone maybe start an L5R specific thread? I'd like to run my planned EE deck by people.

I feel like there was one that died a year or two ago, but I wouldn't be opposed to having another place to talk card stuff. Most of the people whose opinions I've trusted on the various clan boards aren't there much anymore.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Are SW:CCG cards worth anything these days? I have a whole bunch of early edition ones, including a few good rares (I spent so much money on this game as a kid holy poo poo) and if I can dig them up at my parent's place I'd love to get a few bucks for them on ebay or something.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

bairfanx posted:

I feel like there was one that died a year or two ago, but I wouldn't be opposed to having another place to talk card stuff. Most of the people whose opinions I've trusted on the various clan boards aren't there much anymore.

Yeah, I thought I saw one before too. I'll start a new thread tonight with fancy pictures and links and all that crap.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

weekly font posted:

Are SW:CCG cards worth anything these days? I have a whole bunch of early edition ones, including a few good rares (I spent so much money on this game as a kid holy poo poo) and if I can dig them up at my parent's place I'd love to get a few bucks for them on ebay or something.

Yeah they are still worth something. With the new virtual cards some suprisingly random stuff that was worthless in it's heyday is now sought after. If you have any idea what you've got I can put you in touch with some buyers.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

LongDarkNight posted:

Yeah they are still worth something. With the new virtual cards some suprisingly random stuff that was worthless in it's heyday is now sought after. If you have any idea what you've got I can put you in touch with some buyers.

Yeah, let me dig them up and see what I can find if they haven't been tossed out.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

OK, L5R thread is up.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Anyone tried the new Ascension expansion yet? My friend got it when I was home for winter break and we really had a great time playing it. We felt like there should definitely have been more than just 1 event per type, though, especially if you're playing with all the cards together. Having cards that say "If the event is x" when you're playing with like 600 cards is a little silly.

There are a few cards that are obscenely broken, though
http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1100188_md.png
This card, for example. Returning any construct from your discard to your hand, especially with something like Cog Maw out (lets you destroy a construct for 1 or 2 if the event is Mechana). Why yes, I would like to sacrifice my Combustion Idol after I used it to draw a card, play him, get it back, get all the effects of it coming into play from my other mechana cards, AND draw another card.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I bought it when it finally shipped to my store. The art's a lot better, and overall playing it alone I like it better than the base set + expansion. The first expansion made the game really chaotic with constant fate triggers and lots of card drawing/filtering and messing with the void, but this has just the right amount of fate triggers and they don't interrupt the game that much.

I haven't tried it mixed in with the other sets yet, mostly because I've only played two games with it and somewhat because separating it later would be a huge pain in the rear end, but I don't think the event cards would work in a "Mega Game" just for the reason you said, there's not enough of them.

A custom Ascension "cube" would work great, and there are some lists online but I haven't had time to look through them. Tablet of Time's Dawn and the guy that steals cards from other players' hands are the two most unfun cards when we play and they'd be my first cut. I'd probably also proxy at least one more copy of each event as well.

I have been playing the iPhone game almost non-stop. God drat that thing is addicting.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Lunael posted:

Nerds love H.P. Lovecraft. This we know. And so, once upon a time, there was a collectible card game called

What is it about?

Like in so many Cthulhu-mythos themed games, you are an intrepid investigator teetering on the edge of sanity, trying to decipher Things That Should Not Be and Truths Man Was Not Meant To Know. You had your Investigator Card, essentially double sized character card, and a Story Deck you put together to complete Adventures to win the game.

So completing adventures is the way you try to win the game. Most of these were more or less lifted from H.P. Lovecraft stories. The idea is that you play during the game all the specific cards from your Story Deck listed on the Adventure card (all with their specific effects), after which you can complete the adventure and gain victory points, and a bit of sanity if you're lucky.

Story Deck cards are everything from stalwart allies to De Vermiis Mysteriis and other unspeakable tomes to locations like Innsmouth and "Mythos Threats" you can play to hinder your opponents progress. Invariably using the best ones will cost you sanity and take you closer to losing it completely, which is obviously Not A Good Thing.

Did the game fail?

Pretty clearly yes. The first release, Limited Edition came in 1996 in three flavours of starters and boosters (Miskatonic, Cthulhu Rising, Necronomicon) all featuring different sort of locations, events, mythos threats and like. Dreamlands expansion came came the year after, but clearly didn't sell much and the game was scrapped with the modern days expansion New Aeon in 1997. The games around here have pretty much just dealt with Limited Edition and Dreamlands cards, folks have kinda decided New Aeon does not exist as far as they are considered.

Is it a good game

Well... frankly, no. It's a bit cruddy as far as mechanics go. The designers tried to pull something clearly different from Magic, but didn't quite get there. As a head to head, two player game it's just not very good.

But there are I think positives too. It had very different feel to something like MtG or Jyhad of those days, especially when you played it the way it played the best: four player table, with the clear implication that it is way better to advance your own story than spend too much time disrupting opponent play. Then you actually have good fun with the game, and some Finnish maniacs have actually had Mythos Nationals going well into 2000s.

Mythos died, but it is not dead which can eternal lie, and we have a newer Cthulhu mythos CCG in Call of Cthulhu CCG, which is actually quite a decent game! Currently it's part of the Fantasy Flight Games Living Card Game catalogue, but that's a story for another day...

Thank you so much for this post. I started playing magic circa 1996, and was a huge Inquest reader. They would always give other games plenty of airtime, and would even pit them head-to-head (which somehow Rage always would win), and Mythos was one of the games that I always wanted to play but never got around to buying any cards.

I had Star Wars CCG cards, Star Trek cards, Middle-Earth cards, Battletech cards (by cards I mean full playable decks, even if it was from a single starter and maybe a booster), maybe one or two others... but since my friends all played magic, that was where I concentrated my efforts. I played until 2000 when I went to college, when I picked it back up in about 2005 and bought a poo poo-ton of cards for a few years, and then stopped again.

Just a couple of days ago I ordered an unopened starter set for Mythos off of Amazon for $7. It comes with two playable decks (and probably no rares) but it looks like unopened starters and boosters are on ebay for not too much. I want to sit down and learn the game as I once desired to fifteen years ago. I don't even care if I don't find anybody to play with.

Speaking of Inquest, by the way, I really miss that magazine. I have a bunch of old copies. Does anybody know what happened to Rick Swan? His columns were the best.

(I also always wanted them to play magic more often using a single copy of every card except lands. Not that it would be very feasible today, but when they did do it it was hilarious and was something I always wanted to do, even if my computer program/proxy)

edit: if anybody would like to sell me their cards on the cheap, PM me!

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 24, 2012

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

You know, every time someone insultingly calls 4e D&D "tabletop WoW" I start thinking about great the WoW TCG raids were. Those things were more tightly concentrated fun than most versions of D&D combat.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I can't say one way or the other about Mythos' value as a pure gameplay thing - I hated it for quite a while and then I figured out how it was actually meant to be approached (IE, not as a MTG-style battle royale) and cottoned to it. But I like it a fair bit better than the Call of Cthulhu CCG/LCG and I think it does a -much- better job of representing the theme. CoC the card game is fundamentally a battle game. You're throwing critters and people at each other and a whole lotta dying or going insane is going on. Mythos, on the other hand, is a story game. You're investigating, adventuring, having weird and wonderful encounters and solving mysteries. It may be that there's a more elegant and worthwhile way to represent those things mechanically, but it fits the source material far better than a game like CoC that doesn't even try. (Which isn't to say that Mythos can't get a bit silly, especially with certain card interactions.)

And FWIW, on a different note, I tend to agree that changing Magic's resource system would fundamentally alter the game to the point where it would be unfeasible. I do think it's the game's single largest problem, and the reason I'm uninclined to ever play it again, though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Still waiting on that DBZ TCG write-up!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

malkav11 posted:

And FWIW, on a different note, I tend to agree that changing Magic's resource system would fundamentally alter the game to the point where it would be unfeasible. I do think it's the game's single largest problem, and the reason I'm uninclined to ever play it again, though.

I love Magic and consider myself an oldschool magic player (I still don't understand 'the stack' and prefer to resolve things as LIFO until somebody yells at me). I don't think any part of the game has any major problems - the reason I don't really play anymore is that I can't keep up with the new cards and mechanics as they come out.

The group I usually play with tends to play with older-themed decks, but occasionally somebody will throw together a deck of new cards (ie Eldrazi) that is built to work together too well and I won't understand how the cards work together nor what I should be countering/allowing (when I play blue).

Basically the game has grown to the point where it's bloated as hell. I remember back when I knew almost every card in the game - at least the important ones. Cards like Lightning Bolt and Disenchant remain staples in my decks. I'm old and bitter and you and your cards can get off my lawn. :mad:

Pollo Diablo
Nov 1, 2011

bowmore posted:

Still waiting on that DBZ TCG write-up!

I'm not ashamed to say I played the poo poo out of both ones I can think of. I mean, not ashamed because they're DBZ, although they were both pretty bad.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

CornHolio posted:

I love Magic and consider myself an oldschool magic player (I still don't understand 'the stack' and prefer to resolve things as LIFO until somebody yells at me). I don't think any part of the game has any major problems - the reason I don't really play anymore is that I can't keep up with the new cards and mechanics as they come out.

How the stack works, in flow chart form:

1) A phase begins. The stack is empty.

2) The active player (whoever's turn it is) may choose to play a spell/activate an ability, or pass.

2.1) If they choose to play an effect, put it on top of the stack. Then go to #2.
2.2) If they choose to pass, go to #3.

3) The non-active player may choose to play a spell/activate an ability, or pass.

3.1) If they choose to play an effect, put it on top of the stack. Then go to #2.
3.2) If they choose to pass, go to #4.

(In a multiplayer game, add a step for each non-active player, in turn order.)

4) Is there anything on the stack?

4.1) If yes, resolve the top effect on the stack. Then go to #2.
4.2) If not, the phase ends. Go to the next phase. Go to #1.

*) Whenever a triggered ability triggers, put it on top of the stack. If more than one ability triggers at the same time, first put all of the active player's on the stack (in the order of their choosing) then all the non-active players' (in the order of their choosing, by turn order).

Really, the only big change from batches is that effects resolve one-by-one instead of all at once.

The stack is also used in essentially the same manner in at least Decipher Star Wars, which was actually the first card game I played. It was really bizarre having to learn loving batches and interrupts after being used to the stack. Thank god for 6th.

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

I'm glad I started playing around 6th edition, batches sound awful.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I guess I just don't see how it's different from 'last-in first-out.' The last spell played still resolves first, it's just said in a more complicated form.

Can somebody give an example where the rules work differently between the systems?

If this is too big of a derail I'll shut up.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CornHolio posted:

I guess I just don't see how it's different from 'last-in first-out.' The last spell played still resolves first, it's just said in a more complicated form.

Can somebody give an example where the rules work differently between the systems?

If this is too big of a derail I'll shut up.

Short version, since this is the NOT MAGIC thread and we have enough threads for Magic as it is:

I am at 3 life and you Lightning Bolt me, it goes on the stack. I don't have any counterspells but I have Ancestral Recall in my hand, so I play it and it goes on the stack on top of the Lightning Bolt. We both pass and Recall resolves, I draw 3 cards and one of them is a Counterspell. I play Counterspell targeting your Bolt. We both pass and Counterspell resolves, countering your Bolt.

Under the old system, after I play the Recall and we both pass, all the spells would resolve (first Recall, then Bolt) and it's too late for me to counter with the cards I drew off the Recall.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lone Goat posted:

Short version, since this is the NOT MAGIC thread and we have enough threads for Magic as it is:

I am at 3 life and you Lightning Bolt me, it goes on the stack. I don't have any counterspells but I have Ancestral Recall in my hand, so I play it and it goes on the stack on top of the Lightning Bolt. We both pass and Recall resolves, I draw 3 cards and one of them is a Counterspell. I play Counterspell targeting your Bolt. We both pass and Counterspell resolves, countering your Bolt.

Under the old system, after I play the Recall and we both pass, all the spells would resolve (first Recall, then Bolt) and it's too late for me to counter with the cards I drew off the Recall.

Essentially, it is LIFO but objects are resolved one-by-one and players have many opportunities to add new things to the stack.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
ah OK that explains it. Thanks!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Also it provides a simpler and more consistent framework, so you don't have a whole nightmare of exceptions and corner cases.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
L5R no longer allows bribery at the table or "talking" about splitting a pot if someone chooses your story option.

BUT

You can have bounties that your "clan" host and give to the person who makes the story choice your block of people want. This lets AEG be like L5R isn't a money game, because we do not supply cash prizes. BULLSHIT because at the top tables the players know about the bounties and their have been bounties ~$1500 that people agree to split, they just do it before hand because they generally know who will be in the final table or they talk it over during the food break outside so they are not overheard. AEG sees no problem with the bounty system even though it corrupts tournament play.

Fallorn fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 8, 2012

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Wait, there are no cash prizes for tournament play? Do you at least win a lot of product?

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Like a few boxes of boosters which depending on time in arc you already have everything you need from or just means you don't buy any of the next set.

The new draft rules are trying to promote a limited environment this is GOOD its like 100x better than last arcs draft which was impossible because of god drat token cards (so bitter). Now all they need to do is have like a monthly event for every FLGS that is draft or sealed with some story support. This would be great for the stores and AEG because it would help stores move product from earlier in the arc so they don't take a loss, and two it lets new players play in an event that is not based on them buying tons of chase rares online to compete.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Draft in a faction based game is loving terrible. In fact, I don't think I've ever drafted a CCG other than Magic that wasn't godawful.

I understand that MTG is far and away the most successful CCG and that draft is a big part of it. But it works because it uses the same ruleset as the regular game. You don't have to make 53 modifications to make it work.

I hate that they are putting so much time and effort into the draft format when the game's strength and what they SHOULD use as a selling point instead if draft (the story) promises to be as terrible as it has been the last few years.

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 9, 2012

lighttigersoul
Mar 5, 2009

Sailor Scout Enoutner 5:
Moon Healing Escalation

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Draft in a faction based game is loving terrible. In fact, I don't think I've ever drafted a CCG other than Magic that wasn't godawful.

I understand that MTG is far and away the most successful CCG and that draft is a big part of it. But it works because it uses the same ruleset as the regular game. You don't have to make 53 modifications to make it work.

I hate that they are putting so much time and effort into the draft format when the game's strength and what they SHOULD use as a selling point instead if draft (the story) promises to be as terrible as it has been the last few years.

The Spoils was built for draft and sealed from the ground up, so it does it as well as Magic does, at least.

Yu-Gi-Oh could be drafted, but lovely base game netted lovely limited play.

But yeah, if there isn't an inherent 'mixed faction' system in the game, it's not likely to draft well.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
One day, I will do that DBZ CCG write-up.

In the meantime, anyone who is still awake can relive a little bit of it by watching this stream on Twitch.TV.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
There's a podcast called Darker Days that focuses on White Wolf and the World of Darkness, but they recently did a show about Rage. They interviewed one of the people who took it upon themselves to be the authority on all things Rage once White Wolf abandoned the property. She gives a pretty extensive history of the game and highlights some of White Wolfs mistakes in the handling of the game.

Pretty interesting listen. http://darkerdays2.podbean.com/2011/07/14/darker-days-radio-episode-27/

I've been trying to get my messy collection from multiple CCGs in order and fell in love with my Rage cards all over again. The game was a lot of fun in the few times I actually found someone to play with. I'd love to complete the set but all the cards I need are getting really hard to find or are way too expensive when I do find them. I only have a few cards from Legacy of the Tribes and don't have ANY cards from Amazon. Shame White Wolf felt the need to under print those sets while they WAY overprinted the crappy Umbra set.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Bosushi! posted:

There's a podcast called Darker Days that focuses on White Wolf and the World of Darkness, but they recently did a show about Rage. They interviewed one of the people who took it upon themselves to be the authority on all things Rage once White Wolf abandoned the property. She gives a pretty extensive history of the game and highlights some of White Wolfs mistakes in the handling of the game.

Pretty interesting listen. http://darkerdays2.podbean.com/2011/07/14/darker-days-radio-episode-27/

I've been trying to get my messy collection from multiple CCGs in order and fell in love with my Rage cards all over again. The game was a lot of fun in the few times I actually found someone to play with. I'd love to complete the set but all the cards I need are getting really hard to find or are way too expensive when I do find them. I only have a few cards from Legacy of the Tribes and don't have ANY cards from Amazon. Shame White Wolf felt the need to under print those sets while they WAY overprinted the crappy Umbra set.

There's a chain of game stores in San Diego that have tons of extinct CCG products for MSRP or lower. If you know which expansions of Rage you're looking for I'll check their inventory when I do scrounging in that area. They're ALWAYS finding old boxes squirreled away (like Battletech Arsenal boxes).

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I've played so many of these games. I've played Marvel Overpower, Star Wars (Decipher), Battletech, X-Files, Young Jedi, Jedi Knights, DBZ, Star Trek (both editions) LotR (Decipher), WWF Raw Deal, Austin Powers, .hack//Enemy, Star Wars (WotC), VS. System, Wars, L5R, WoW, Game of Thrones, and LotR LCG.

Star Wars (Decipher) and LotR (Decipher) were my favourites. I used to play in bi-weekly tournaments at the local card store all throughout high school. It seems like Decipher had trouble making fun games other than those two. Jedi Knights and Austin Powers both seemed like they were created on a whim with no real design. They both died out pretty quickly, with Austin Powers not even getting an expansion set.

I could probably do a write-up on a few of these games.

Mayostard fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 3, 2012

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

No mention of Doomtown since the OP? :(

I've played Star Wars, Magic, Pokemon, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, L5R, and Warlord, but Doomtown has always been my favorite. The setting is awesome, the art and flavor can be really funny, and I love the idea of building the boomtown while simultaneously trying to take control of it.

The mechanics really set the game apart. As one example, using hands of poker to resolve not only shootouts but turn order gives some balance to the game, as higher hands (better for shootouts) are worse for determining turn order (where poker hands are played low). Also, taking values and suits of cards into account when building decks gives me an opportunity (or sometimes forces, if I'm lacking a particular suit/value) to use cards I wouldn't otherwise us instead of using the same ones over and over again.

Too bad it's so hard/expensive to get more cards. The market is pretty dry from what I can tell, and while I have a pretty solid collection (around 4,000 cards more-or-less, all the faction outfits, 2 or more of each joker) I'm missing some important ones, or only have 1 or 2 copies of others. There's also no one who plays where I live, except for about 4-5 friends of mine who play off my cards.

Don't suppose anyone around the Oklahoma City area is up for some Weird West shenanigans?

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 5, 2012

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I've actually been considering selling my sick Doomtown collection.

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!

A Fancy Bloke posted:

If you do, I want first crack.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
Doomtown is quite possibly my favorite CCG, but hearing about it just makes me miss GEngine. The game tended to have too much going on for its own good at points, and having some automation really helped (for reference, GEngine was a online CCG client that offered some automation and rules enforcement for its games. It was really cool at the time, but is now just a shining example of the dangers of using a centralized game server). I know Lackey has a module, but it loses some ease of use.

And yeah, I would love to get my hands on more actual cards, I've only been able to pick up a few decks via eBay.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

A Fancy Bloke posted:

There's some singles I'd be interested in, if you got 'em. Is there an email I can reach you at? I don't have PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Drouse at gmail if people are actually interested, I'll do an inventory this week

• Locked thread