Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

got dat wmd posted:

video games are gay but d&b is for going after work conferences s and then watching how coworkers they react around toys and amusements and pre-order them for promotions/assignments

are you drunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
From Castle
"For similar but unrelated structures in Japan, see Japanese castle."

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

got dat wmd posted:

video games are gay but d&b is for going after work conferences s and then watching how coworkers they react around toys and amusements and pre-order them for promotions/assignments

so apparentl wealth causes aspergers lol

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
i have tried to mimic their jo0y when interacting wtih similar toys, however, i always find mysrlf returning to the cushiony grasp of my hug machine

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

reallyprettymad posted:

i have tried to mimic their jo0y when interacting wtih similar toys, however, i always find mysrlf returning to the cushiony grasp of my hug machine

are there ppl in the mall w/ hugboxes next to the "water massage!!$#!" ppl yet??

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

reallyprettymad posted:

so apparentl wealth causes aspergers lol

it's not aspergers it's a management tactic for team building and also grooming individuals for promotion by seeing how they act outside of work

i dont want to promote someone to a sensitive role who is generally good in the office but an alcoholic, abusive, boastful or careless with money outside

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

got dat wmd posted:

it's not aspergers it's a management tactic for team building and also grooming individuals for promotion

lol k

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

did someone mention dave and busters and grooming together

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kancho

huh

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

got dat wmd posted:

i dont want to promote someone to a sensitive role who is generally good in the office but an alcoholic, abusive, boastful or careless with money outside

OR?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

got dat wmd posted:

it's not aspergers it's a management tactic for team building and also grooming individuals for promotion by seeing how they act outside of work

hmm, having to use shinies + booze to get them to amp their personality enough that you can get a read on them

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
do you find that you often misconstrue or flat-out don't recognize social cues others recognize, gotdatwmd

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
exactly how tailored was that suit

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

what

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

hmm, having to use shinies + booze to get them to amp their personality enough that you can get a read on them

morelike see how they behave outside of work in general

i almost was down for promoting this one guy but he couldn't handle his liquor and almost started a fight, not the kind of person i want responsible at this time for other people's finances

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Coffee Quack posted:

what

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > YOSPOS > Post the most worthless thing you can find on The Something Awful Forums

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Dumbledore 64 posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > YOSPOS > Post the most worthless thing you can find on The Something Awful Forums

It's me.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

got dat wmd posted:

morelike see how they behave outside of work in general

i almost was down for promoting this one guy but he couldn't handle his liquor and almost started a fight, not the kind of person i want responsible at this time for other people's finances

do you ever like listen to yourself or read one of your posts and think "i am the most boring thing that has ever existed"? it's to check your self-awareness, you see

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Nomnom Cookie posted:

do you ever like listen to yourself or read one of your posts and think "i am the most boring thing that has ever existed"? it's to check your self-awareness, you see

and this is nomnom cookie telling you this, dude

time to sit down and re-evaluate some things

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
im a boss in finance it's my job to be boring in my job

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i wouldn't say boring so much as hilariously stereotypical

like you would win blackout on every "privileged white male" bingo board that could possibly exist

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

i'm not coming to anyone's rescue here but lutha could win one for "theology beardo d-bag" so him calling anyone a stereotype is lol

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I'm not sure I agree with constructing outings specifically to put your employees in a "compromising" position.

But lol if you think your boss doesn't judge you by your out of work activities/behavior

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
that's a side thing, really. company outings are really good team building things and keeps hr out of my face

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dumbledore 64 posted:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
we all know he just tskes them to d&b to play on the daytona usa arcade machines

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.nfo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FILE_ID.DIZ

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

quote:

By preserving the purpose of the FILE_ID.DIZ file, the maximum number of people will benefit.

who the gently caress still uses those files

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the same people that split an archive into separate zips, rar those individually, then 7zip those into one final archive.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

with a password that they only post on some lovely little forum with seven users

Ganguro King
Jul 26, 2007

Sack tapping is a slang term for a form of bullying practiced by some adolescents as a "game" where a male participant attacks, by slapping, tapping, punching, kicking, stomping, elbowing or backhanding, another male victim's testicles. The term derived from 'sack', slang that refers to the scrotum,[1][2] and the activity is a form of groin attack. This sociological manifestation of bullying can result in severe testicle injury that may require amputation as the only form of treatment.[1][3]

:catstare:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Should we cross-reference between here and the character DiZ from Kingdom Hearts II?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Carthag posted:

who the gently caress still uses those files

i installed nfopad specifically for proper viewing of diz, nfo, etc.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i delete them without reading because i dont care who pEnTaGrAm KrEw are sending greetings out to

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sweevo posted:

i delete them without reading because i dont care who pEnTaGrAm KrEw are sending greetings out to

proper viewing isn't so much to see the ascii "art" and shout outs and poo poo as it is to easily pull whatever actual information i need, out

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

i always enjoy nfos with eight paragraphs describing how some other release group is shite

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Ganguro King posted:

Sack tapping is a slang term for a form of bullying practiced by some adolescents as a "game" where a male participant attacks, by slapping, tapping, punching, kicking, stomping, elbowing or backhanding, another male victim's testicles. The term derived from 'sack', slang that refers to the scrotum,[1][2] and the activity is a form of groin attack. This sociological manifestation of bullying can result in severe testicle injury that may require amputation as the only form of treatment.[1][3]

:catstare:

ahhaah people that whine about bullies are such loving pussies I swear

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

oops, sorry you'll never have grandkids because your kid's school lets them violently molest each other all day

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
if you havent been the giver or receiver of a violent balltap i feel bad for you son

bonus points for ripping out their books/trappers while doubled over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i went to an all boys high school, i'll let you do the math on that one