Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

The Fucky posted:

I got hit by a car last night, I got prescribed Vicodin and some muscle relaxers in the ER. Now I've been typing like Roxy all day. :smith:

You should :unsmith: that :smith:, because like Starmaker said: Roxy is awesome.

Seriously, though, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I'm torn. On the one hand, I loving love the design of the Light hoodies, the symbol and the colors, but I think it would look like poo poo on me. Space is pretty solid though.

I dreamt last night about Homestuck. It was revealed that the new session actually had two prospits and derses; this is not taking into account the propit and derse arriving from the original kids session (even though they are basically destroyed). I love Homestuck dreams.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Zipper hoods are cool, I might actually get one of those.

Space is still the best looking one, I can't think of any other one I'd want to actually wear out and about. Blood looks especially hilarious now.

I got one of the original Space ones, but now I wanna upgrade. I love having the huge symbol on the back and a little one on the front, but another $40 ururgh. Will have to at least wait for my tax refund.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Starmaker posted:

Gah, holy poo poo, are you alright?

But, look on the bright side: Roxy's awesome. There are worse people you could type like.

TOAST7312 posted:

You should :unsmith: that :smith:, because like Starmaker said: Roxy is awesome.

Seriously, though, I wish you a speedy recovery.

D'aww thanks guys. I didn't break anything, thankfully, but I'm gonna be drugged up and stuck at home for a while (pun intended) so I wish Hussie was updating.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

JT Jag posted:

There's no such thing as a grey *zuipper

*zpipper

*zipper hoodie? I just find that doubtful.

hahaha
No Hope and No Life for Homestuck fans.

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

hahaha
No Hope and No Life for Homestuck fans.

No god-tiers, no hoodies, no Life, no Hope!

It's time to pay for a regular shirt. Take this. (my money)

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
So... how far does Homestuck go?
I'm currently at I think page 2999, or more specifically:
adiosToreador [AT] blocked turntechGodhead [TG] (god the trolling poo poo is funny)

I'm curious about how far back from current I am on this, cause it was supposedly shorter than Problem Sleuth, and I feel like we've been at it for a while :)

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

glug posted:

adiosToreador [AT] blocked turntechGodhead [TG] (god the trolling poo poo is funny)

I'm curious about how far back from current I am on this, cause it was supposedly shorter than Problem Sleuth, and I feel like we've been at it for a while :)

Whoever told you Homestuck is shorter than Problem Sleuth is very, very wrong. It is much longer. The current page is 6471, and it is still ongoing.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

glug posted:

Whoever told you it was shorter than Problem Sleuth told you that a loooong time ago.

You have only just begun.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Haha, I may have misread someone then. Either way, I'm half way in it seems. Even if he's writing this entirely with no input from readers, this is some crazy inventive insane poo poo. I love it. I'm sure I'll be caught up to you guys next week.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

glug posted:

Haha, I may have misread someone then. Either way, I'm half way in it seems. Even if he's writing this entirely with no input from readers, this is some crazy inventive insane poo poo. I love it. I'm sure I'll be caught up to you guys next week.

Don't forget that Bardquest/Jailbreak/Problem Sleuth account for 1900 of those pages! Homestuck actually begins of page 1902 or something like that, so you're really only like a quarter of the way.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

glug posted:

Yeah this is very much the story wherein Hussie has decided to do his own thing. Readers influence the occasional gag and that's about it, Homestuck is all about Hussie's ability in the field of characterization and narrative. It only gets better from here.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So uh... what do you folks think of this theory here.

I haven't been able to poke any holes in it yet :tinfoil:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Captain Oblivious posted:

Whoever told you it was shorter than Problem Sleuth told you that a loooong time ago.

You have only just begun.

Maybe it was Andrew. :v:

quote:

Problem Sleuth: By far the longest adventure, and only complete one to date.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

glug posted:

Click on VIEW ALL PAGES to see the titles of all of Homestuck's pages. The purple titles are pages you've viewed, and the blue titles are pages you haven't yet.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have good news and bad news, glug:

You're about page 1000 out of 4500.

On one hand, that's an rear end-ton of reading. Like, goddamn!

On the other hand, if you have enjoyed what you are reading so far, then there is more. :)

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

Tollymain posted:

That is pretty airtight.

Certainly explains a lot of the weirdness in Dirk/Roxy world.

2fat4sex
Apr 18, 2005

Around a year or so ago after the tsunami hit Japan, Andrew offered sketches for $100, with the proceeds going directly to tsunami relief. I requested a God-Tier Gamzee sketch.

Paypal eventually caught wind of this, and I guess fundraising that way is against some policy of theirs so he was forced to refund everyone. I ended up sending the $100 I gave him to the Japanese Red Cross, and let go of any expectation that I would ever see the sketch since Andrew was no longer under any obligations to send one to me.

Then, I ended up getting this in the mail today:

http://i.imgur.com/w2pKQ.jpg

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

2fat4sex posted:

Around a year or so ago after the tsunami hit Japan, Andrew offered sketches for $100, with the proceeds going directly to tsunami relief. I requested a God-Tier Gamzee sketch.

Paypal eventually caught wind of this, and I guess fundraising that way is against some policy of theirs so he was forced to refund everyone. I ended up sending the $100 I gave him to the Japanese Red Cross, and let go of any expectation that I would ever see the sketch since Andrew was no longer under any obligations to send one to me.

:drat:

Treasure that forever, you should get it framed.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

2fat4sex posted:

Frame this and hang it above you where you sleep at night, it should always be the first and last thing you see during a day.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
I've seen that exact picture somewhere else before though?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Eikre posted:

Hussie posted some sketches to his tumblr before mailing them.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eikre posted:

"AH's Tumblr posted:

when someone peeking over your shoulder asks you what the gently caress that thing is you’re lookin at you just cock your head back and say what it is

is motherfuckin canon

E:FB

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That's quite the... bulge.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

Dolash posted:

That's quite the... bulge.

Codpiece!

Starmaker fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 17, 2012

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tollymain posted:

Well, starting the game destroys the world completely for the exiles to inhabit. They can't be from the future, since the world is going to be utterly annihilated.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Grapplejack posted:

Well, starting the game destroys the world completely for the exiles to inhabit. They can't be from the future, since the world is going to be utterly annihilated.

The handmaid showed up after the reckoning writ large

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Grapplejack posted:

It's possible that they win the game with enough sequence-breaking that most of the Earth remains intact. If the Reckoning only goes on for 20 minutes or so, maybe that's enough to send out GCat's probable meteor and whatever SBurb uses to seed itself without trashing everything.

Maybe they are not on Earth in the future, but rather a terraformed Mars?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Someone living through the apocalypse is not unprecedented in this comic.

The Troll-Queen lived through the Vast Glub that killed off all the other trolls in the universe, though perhaps that was an intentional thing by Doc Scratch so Lord English could have a powerful servant.

fedorafreak somehow lived through the destruction of his world and even got into a session...somehow. (And then he died, but still)

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Well, the asteroids from the reckoning can fall anywhere and more importantly, anywhen, what with the frog temple asteroid landing millions of years in the past.

If we went with this whole split time period thing, then there could be two major asteroid falls: one when Jane & Jake enter the game, and one when Dirk and Roxy enter the game.

It would explain partially how the Condesce got to Earth as well. We know she's somehow inside their game session already and in control of Derse, so she could trigger the reckoning and fly a Dersite fleet through the asteroid portals to arrive on Earth just as/after Jane and Jake enter the game.

And then when Dirk and Roxy enter the game some time in the future, the rest of the reckoning lands on Earth and wipes out everything.

To put it shortly, the arrival of the reckoning on post-scratch earth could be bifurcated. Or I'm overthinking this.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
The 'B2 Derse kids are from the future' theory is almost sound in that it does explain a lot of things about their behavior. But to me it falls in one crucial area: It doesn't account for how this actually happens.

In B1, there were eight meteors. John, Jade, Dave and Rose's meteors all landed somewhere int he 1996 area. The others are nebulous - Jake's and Jane's probably landed somewhere in the 20s or 30s, and I'm gonna pinpoint Roxy's and Dirk's meteors at some point in the 80s, possibly 70s for Roxy. The Condesce is around in the 20s or 30s when Jake and Jane landed, and we're not sure how long she was there before.

B2 has a lot of things to account for, chief among them the appearance of troll culture that, indeed, seems to be for whatever reason more prevalent for Dirk and Roxy. But one thing we can confirm is the approximate destinations for the meteors. John and Jade ended up switching positions with Jane and Jake respectively over in the 20s and 30s, which accounts for how the Condesce got such a strong hold in B2, because Jake wasn't there to take it back from her. Dave and Rose therefore landed in the 70s/80s in place of Dirk and Roxy. All our current kids had to have landed in 1996-ish, because there are simply no other potential meteors for them to come from.

As cool as this theory is, I can't abide by it just yet because it ignores one of the few facts we have.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Dirk's use of the word "antediluvian" is still the best evidence for that theory because really, who says that?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Olivia42 posted:

Dirk's use of the word "antediluvian" is still the best evidence for that theory because really, who says that?

I do. :colbert:

While an asynchronous relationship between Jane\Jake and Dirk\Roxy might be going on, it'd sure make the medium entry and the ensuing meteor bombardment really really weird. Even by Homestuck standards. Also most of the things mentioned in that theory can be explained by other themes and references that have popped up so far in the story.

"A lot can happen in three years" can easily be a meta reference to the comic itself. UU is clearly operating in a different frame of reference from everybody similar to the trolls chatting up the B1 kids, so offhand comments about different timeframes are expected. The narrator comments about Roxy and Dirk's uncertain chronology is (or will be) a comment on the reader being able to pick and choose the order in which they view those sections.

The world is ruled by the Condesce, but Jade doesn't believe it due to propaganda constantly being beamed into her head, and Jake just doesn't give a poo poo because he's too busy shooting giant lusii.

So I guess this theory is.. all washed up. :c00lbert:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Thundarr posted:

The narrator comments about Roxy and Dirk's uncertain chronology is (or will be) a comment on the reader being able to pick and choose the order in which they view those sections.

Or just how Homestuck tends to jump around chronologically all the time, like when Dave and Jade were first introduced.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

2fat4sex posted:

Well, holy poo poo a goon wound up getting the original.

And people think Hussie never reads this thread :allears:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Holy poo poo that update. Dirk is a huge badass.

Interested to see what DD will do about this. Dirk's got a lot of manpower it seems. Guess the Dersites don't like the new Queen. Where's Jack, though?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Jack is I think still on Prospit, if all this is happening approximately simultaneously.

But holy poo poo. Time On My Side, and it could not have happened at a better time. That was awesome. Well, not for Jake.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
I was excited as soon as Time On My Side started playing, but even that failed to prepare me for how completely awesome that update was. :stare: Every time I thought it couldn't get better, it did.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Lots of callbacks in that one. Does Jake fall out of his sprite into the same <3 pose as Vriska when she had her rear end kicked by Kanaya?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Yep, that's the new best flash.