Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I was never expecting to get any of the music from the Strife album so having Time On My Side is really awesome and that flash was just generally great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Hey, it's the return of the motif from "Beatdown!" I like that song.

I wonder what will happen next.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Wow, that was a really loving badass flash. Dirk is amazing. Dirk for best alpha kid :allears:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Brobot slapped Jake's eyes off :ohdear:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Man, I loved that dirk/jake strife (so jake does have square eyes?). Though with all the callbacks I was worried that a certain other scene would be redrawn, based on some of dirk's words.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Time is on My Side is an awwwwwwwwwwwesome song and I especially like how the bit that samples Black cues in the arrival of The Condesce (holy poo poo IRISES) BUT I found that flash to be kind of awkward.

I found the all-round kick-assery of the song really didn't meld well with comical bits or the scenes where Dirk's just kinda floating there, and both scenes seem to be lengthened a bit too much just so they'd fit in with the song's play length.

Though, Dirk's way of telling the Derse agents that poo poo IS ON is so loving bananas it's a goddamned plantation at this point.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
It didn't occur to me until now, but given the Brobot's "aggressive" tendencies, I'm starting to think Dirk's Abstracted Thought multitasking extends to it as well.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

David Copperfield posted:

Does Jake fall out of his sprite into the same <3 pose as Vriska when she had her rear end kicked by Kanaya?

Slightly different pose, and of course a different style. Not a direct refit of the same pose.

Fresh roboshades appearifying made me laugh.

Also, I believe this is the first time we've seen an adult troll "directly", i.e. in a sequence not narrated by Mindfang's journal or by Doc Scratch. (Although not all of Scratch's bits were strictly history lessons - see here.)

It's interesting that the Condesce is still drawn as full black, which I initially thought was just a stylization thing for the history lesson pages. Wonder if that's just being drawn out longer, or if darkening with age is actually a thing. That wouldn't quite fit with Karkat's movie posters, for example, so it's probably the former, especially since that whole sequence on her side of the fenestrated wall is very high-contrast like that.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Huh. The Condesce was wearing the prototyping ring, but it had no orbs on it. I guess that means that these guys won't prototype? The black queen's ring in the original universe had 4 orbs on it even before Jade entered the medium.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

It's interesting that the Condesce is still drawn as full black, which I initially thought was just a stylization thing for the history lesson pages. Wonder if that's just being drawn out longer, or if darkening with age is actually a thing. That wouldn't quite fit with Karkat's movie posters, for example, so it's probably the former, especially since that whole sequence on her side of the fenestrated wall is very high-contrast like that.

The way her hair was animated seemed very Horrorterror-ish. If Rose turned grey through Horrorterror shenanigans, what happens to a Troll?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Slime posted:

Huh. The Condesce was wearing the prototyping ring, but it had no orbs on it. I guess that means that these guys won't prototype? The black queen's ring in the original universe had 4 orbs on it even before Jade entered the medium.

The way her hair was animated seemed very Horrorterror-ish. If Rose turned grey through Horrorterror shenanigans, what happens to a Troll?

The prototyping towers are missing their orbs too. Something's definitely up.

You know, in case all the other poo poo going down before anyone even entered the game wasn't enough of a clue.

Walliard fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 17, 2012

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

God, Jake is just so completely outclassed against that robot. That part was painful to watch. :ohdear:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Well her appearance here is meant to be a callback to the Black Queen's first appearance, so it makes sense that she'd be as shrouded and black as her.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

I think it may be a stylisation thing, similar to how the adult humans in the comic are always drawn as blank, faceless automatons. Showing how a kid sees their parents as kind of eternal, superhuman figure when they are younger. Only this time showing how the Troll kids may view thier ancestors, as kind of abstract Grecian gods. /lookingtoomuchintothis

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Oh good, I had nearly forgotten how awesome Time On My Side was.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Me: Hmm, I wonder if there is an update on MSPA. Let me just ch-

:aaaaa:

Well that was awesome!

I agree with you there, Well Manicured Man. I had almost forgotten what a kick rear end tune that is! Then again, anything associated with Dave/Dirkthis comic is awesome!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Holy poo poo Time On My Side :allears:

So, are the Dersites actually following Dirk in a rebellion, or did they just sort of walk behind him to see what was going on?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

loquacius posted:

God, Jake is just so completely outclassed against that robot. That part was painful to watch. :ohdear:

That's what happens when you fight something that can outrun bullets. The bullets are supposed to be faster than him and he knows that!

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008

Roger Explosion posted:

Though, Dirk's way of telling the Derse agents that poo poo IS ON is so loving bananas it's a goddamned plantation at this point.

This is a great phrase.

Also, yessss, my favorite HS song in a flash.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Goddamn, that's the best flash in quite a while.

So the Condesce rules both Earth and Derse in B2?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dirk does not gently caress around :stonk:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I thought Jake's double pistols and a wink was going to be the best thing I saw all day, but then that flash kept going. drat.

Pakled posted:

Goddamn, that's the best flash in quite a while.

I assume she's been setting up her empire on B2 Earth since the early 1900s and it's pretty self sufficient by now. Then she just recently moved to Derse to rule there directly.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Pakled posted:

We don't have the clearest picture of the situation yet, but yes, we know that the Crocker empire is vastly influential (and secretly ruled by her) and we already knew, at least since this page, that she's taken over Derse as well. It's still uncertain what her precise agenda is, except that Doc Scratch claimed she's working for Lord English. We don't yet know how her recruitment went or how she got to Earth or how much she knows about things or how direct her contact to Lord English is.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Well, her 2x3dent has the same technicolour glow that we've seen on the Handmaid's wands, so I think it's safe to guess she's working directly under him.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Wow, that's quite a Dersite population there (thus contributing to the scale of the Implied Derse Genocide when Jade left their planet behind!).

Naw, but seriously, good flash. I enjoyed how comedic the fight between Jake and the Brobot was because it contrasted beautifully with how badass the song is - previous to this I always imagined some epic standoff between God-tier Dave and Bec Noir, a final fight, maybe on a big record. This, however, was a fairly silly fight kept mostly in sprites in order to enhance the comedy and reference the old Dave vs. Bro Strifes. The song helped make it seem badass, though, which was important and also enhanced the comedy.

I guess this is Dirk making his stand against the Condesce and her hijacking of the session, but we'll have to see how that actually works out. Odds on Diamonds Droog goes down like a scrub at some point though.

Anyone briefly consider the possibility the Brobot would just kill Jake, even by accident? He's often seemed like a character more talked about than actually seen or interacted with, so it'd be funny to see everyone else natter on about relationship drama for a dead guy.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
I think that first exchange between Jake and Brobot, with the wonk and the thumbs down, would make a great avatar don't you?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

YggiDee posted:

Well, her 2x3dent has the same technicolour glow that we've seen on the Handmaid's wands, so I think it's safe to guess she's working directly under him.

Sure, but what I meant is more like: did he give her her marching orders and then pack her off to B2 Earth, or are they in steady contact through technological means? Or is he ~already here~ again?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

loquacius posted:

I recall Roxy saying she would reset the Brobot difficulty for Jake after Dirk disabled the novice setting. Did that just not happen?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Gato posted:

I recall Roxy saying she would reset the Brobot difficulty for Jake after Dirk disabled the novice setting. Did that just not happen?

She's been kinda busy...

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Hey, it's a graph!

The colors suck but :effort:. Gives you an idea of the relative length of homestuck compared to everything else.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
A5.2 + A6 = every other MSPaint Adventure for number of pages. Wow.

Well Manicured Man posted:

Oh good, I had nearly forgotten how awesome Time On My Side was.

You mean you don't listen to it all the time? Simply shameful.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
According to Andrew, this flash was supposed to be the Valentines day update, but it was running late so we got that Jane and Roxy pesterlog instead.

Boneless Jogger fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 17, 2012

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
Oh man that flash was great. I'm surprised though, I hadn't been here since before Valentine's and there was only a few new pages? You guys are slowin' down! I hope Roxy can wake up properly soon.

I'm also extra pumped to see how the fan soundtrack turns out. That's hella submissions! I hope some of the people in this thread make it through because I love everything I hear in here.

2fat4sex posted:

Around a year or so ago after the tsunami hit Japan, Andrew offered sketches for $100, with the proceeds going directly to tsunami relief. I requested a God-Tier Gamzee sketch.

Paypal eventually caught wind of this, and I guess fundraising that way is against some policy of theirs so he was forced to refund everyone. I ended up sending the $100 I gave him to the Japanese Red Cross, and let go of any expectation that I would ever see the sketch since Andrew was no longer under any obligations to send one to me.

Then, I ended up getting this in the mail today:

http://i.imgur.com/w2pKQ.jpg

THAT WAS YOU THAT REQUESTED THAT GOD loving BLESS

Tumblr went pretty much entirely insane over it. There is so much fanart of that outfit now...

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
Speaking of fanart, God bless Andrew Hussie for this last flash, the fanart it's inspired on the Skaia.net image board has temporarily driven back the tide of mortally-wounded teenagers clutching each other in pools of blood.

Also I want to see the Empress start loving poo poo up directly. Her character design is too striking to waste on lots of ominous standing around, and I think at this point Hussie's proven he can do "behind the scenes" meddlers well enough.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Thundarr posted:

Holy poo poo Time On My Side :allears:

So, are the Dersites actually following Dirk in a rebellion, or did they just sort of walk behind him to see what was going on?

I reckon the latter - they saw him carrying around HB's head; he wasn't going to lead 'em against the Condence, he was just grabbing the nearest pike for a good ol'-fashioned head-staking, not a rallying flag, like WV.

What I want to know now is this: is DD the defacto leader of the Midnight Crew in the Alpha Kid's universe, considering he did the whole 'leaflet crush' thing Jack did?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Samovar posted:

What I want to know now is this: is DD the defacto leader of the Midnight Crew in the Alpha Kid's universe, considering he did the whole 'leaflet crush' thing Jack did?

It's probably still Jack, but seeing as he is on Prospit, DD is the highest ranking Dersite around at this point.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

David Copperfield posted:

Lots of callbacks in that one. Does Jake fall out of his sprite into the same <3 pose as Vriska when she had her rear end kicked by Kanaya?

It's actually the same exact pose from this panel, just enlarged.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
My poo poo has most certainly been wrecked :swoon:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Samovar posted:

I reckon the latter - they saw him carrying around HB's head; he wasn't going to lead 'em against the Condence, he was just grabbing the nearest pike for a good ol'-fashioned head-staking, not a rallying flag, like WV.

Jack has been identified as the Archagent, so by definition he's the highest-level agent around. However, for the purpose of the assassinations, Jack was in charge of Prospit operations and DD was in charge of Derse. DD of course is clearly the #2 in the Midnight Crew, if not almost a 1B.

Dr. Demon
Jan 2, 2007

Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.
I would love to have a .gif of that bit where Brobot does a merry jig on Jake's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I have Time on my Side in my MP3 player.

I still had to play this flash three times, first time just to see it, second to catch any details I may have missed the first time, third cause the song loving rules.