Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Mogadishu posted:

Are we really calling that a rap? What are poems now?

Yeah, that was clearly more a poem than a rap. A very basic poem, but still. Rhymes do not equal rap, guys. Not even rhymes you don't like.

And I found it slightly amusing. It had some charm to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Rejected Fate posted:

Yeah, that was clearly more a poem than a rap. A very basic poem, but still. Rhymes do not equal rap, guys. Not even rhymes you don't like.

Was it as good as the Daily Mail Song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Mogadishu posted:

Are we really calling that a rap? What are poems now?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Was expecting an actual rap when I read about it.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Rejected Fate posted:

No you didn't! We all hate Charlie now because he's sold out and got married and has a child on the way, the bastard. Everything he's done since meeting Konnie is poo poo!

Seriously Goons, Brooker's piece was fine, just because it seems to have gone viral doesn't mean you have to hate it. Would you have rathered he just read a normal list out proving how bastardy The Sun is?

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

incredible bear posted:

Everything he's done since meeting Konnie is poo poo!

Did he meet her whilst drawing CEX ads in the early 90s then?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Giedroyc posted:

Did he meet her whilst drawing CEX ads in the early 90s then?

I would love to see him do comic strips again, those were fantastic.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

incredible bear posted:

has a child on the way,

Who to the what now?

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

incredible bear posted:

No you didn't! We all hate Charlie now because he's sold out and got married and has a child on the way, the bastard. Everything he's done since meeting Konnie is poo poo!

Seriously Goons, Brooker's piece was fine, just because it seems to have gone viral doesn't mean you have to hate it. Would you have rathered he just read a normal list out proving how bastardy The Sun is?

That's a bit defensive of Charlie considering nobody even said they hated it, some people who hadn't seen it seemed a bit negative, but as far as I can tell no one really cared.

Maybe you should calm down a bit?

Banjos4Hobos
Jun 22, 2006

Leyburn posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a TV show or film that was on ITV (I think) in the early 90s (I guess it was around this time). It terrified me as a child and I only have a vague memory of it.

It was about the devil (or perhaps just a demon) coming to earth in the form of a man and he may have been trying to seduce a women. The scene that sticks in my head is one where the devil is walking down a supermarket aisle and all the vegetables he walks past immediately start to rot.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

The only thing I can think it might be is Growing Rich. Was Martin Kemp playing the devil in it?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Muppetjedi posted:

Who to the what now?

Yeah my uncle said he was on the radio and talking about it. Suprised no one has posted that it seems very "un Charlie like" like they did with his wedding.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Crayfish posted:

That's a bit defensive of Charlie considering nobody even said they hated it, some people who hadn't seen it seemed a bit negative, but as far as I can tell no one really cared.

Maybe you should calm down a bit?
Maybe, but I am a bit tired of the general goon trend of turning against someone the minute they do something unsavoury, and there has been too many needless negative vibes against Brooker recently here.

And yeah, he was interviewed on R2 recently, I believe Steve Wright, and he's got a son on the way (I dread to think of the result of what he would do with a female spawn).

dos4gw
Nov 12, 2005

Cerv posted:

The ASA is investigating C4 over "bigger, fatter, gypsier" being so blatantly racist.
Good. (Except at most they'll get a slap on the wrist)

I hope they don't get reprimanded for it, I thought it was a great ad. It was a great episode to start off the series too. Does anyone know where all these gippos get their money from though?

When the program started, I assumed that all the bespoke dresses, parties, weddings, photographers etc were all a fairly rare expense but they are happening all the time and nearly all the families have two or three expensive cars.

There was a girl in Spain who travelled round following her father's 'business interests' so we all know what that means but they can't ALL be stealing things and even if they are, what are they taking that's worth so much?

Sorry for the tangent, it's just been on my mind for the last few days.

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011
I don't think we're meant to ask that question as it implies they might be the proceeds of illegal activities. Then you'll be accused of being a racist just like Channel 4.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

dos4gw posted:

I hope they don't get reprimanded for it, I thought it was a great ad. Because I'm horribly racist.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I don't care that Charlie Brooker got a haircut/wife/kid, his work has just become kinda poo poo lately. I miss him making fun of reality TV. He seems out of his depth when discussing politics or media, and his columns are pretty dull nowadays.

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.

Cerv posted:

Hahaha. We need that gypsy thread back in D&D. Merely for my entertainment.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

netally posted:

I don't care that Charlie Brooker got a haircut/wife/kid, his work has just become kinda poo poo lately. I miss him making fun of reality TV. He seems out of his depth when discussing politics or media, and his columns are pretty dull nowadays.

I just want more Screenwipe and Gameswipe. Pleeease? :(

ScipioAfro
Feb 21, 2011

Gram-O-Phone posted:

I just want more Screenwipe and Gameswipe. Pleeease? :(

I realised rewatching some screenwipe that I'm pretty close to just wanting 'An hour with Barry Shitpeas'

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

I don't suppose there are any plans for a second series of How TV Ruined Your Life, no?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Mickolution posted:

I don't suppose there are any plans for a second series of How TV Ruined Your Life, no?

I would rather have this than a second series of 'ho ho, aren't those politicians just SILLY' live.

Applaud.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

dos4gw posted:

I hope they don't get reprimanded for it, I thought it was a great ad. It was a great episode to start off the series too. Does anyone know where all these gippos get their money from though?

When the program started, I assumed that all the bespoke dresses, parties, weddings, photographers etc were all a fairly rare expense but they are happening all the time and nearly all the families have two or three expensive cars.

There was a girl in Spain who travelled round following her father's 'business interests' so we all know what that means but they can't ALL be stealing things and even if they are, what are they taking that's worth so much?

Sorry for the tangent, it's just been on my mind for the last few days.

Wow.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Obviously this is old news to you lot, but The Thick Of It might just be the funniest thing ever.

How the gently caress have I missed this up until now?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Leyburn posted:

Obviously this is old news to you lot, but The Thick Of It might just be the funniest thing ever.

I felt it was one of those sneaky under advertised shows the BBC do. In fact, were it not for this thread, I'd have never heard about it years ago. It's one of the funniest things the BBC has produced in years and deserves to be recognised up there with the likes of Blackadder, but because of it being under-publicised, not a lot of people appear to have seen it.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Leyburn posted:

I only watched it for the first time a couple of months ago myself, such a great show... I'd seen Torchwood: Children of Earth first, though, and it was strange seeing Peter Capaldi in such a different role... now I definitely picture him as Malcolm first, though. Such a fantastic role.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Good news then, because Armando tweeted to confirm it will be back and Peter Manion MP is in government!

and there are also new Mid Morning Matters episodes being made too!

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Series 4 is supposed to be filming in March.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Brilliant.

Really looking forward to Veep too, but just doubt it'll live up to expectations purely because it won't the The Thick of It.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
It's amazing just how much funny lines they manage to cram into it. There's so many memorable lines that you end up forgetting them all.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Mickolution posted:

Brilliant.

Really looking forward to Veep too, but just doubt it'll live up to expectations purely because it won't the The Thick of It.

Doesn't Veep also have the Arrested Development guy working on it? My expectations are (perhaps unwisely) sky high.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Any other Celebrity Juice fans in this thread? It's loving hilarious.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Is there a reason why the first season of the Twilight Zone is only £15 on Amazon yet season 2 is £35?

According to epguides, season 2 had less episodes than season 1 so why is it more than double the price?

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Muppetjedi posted:

Any other Celebrity Juice fans in this thread? It's loving hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDRBNQwyDGw

Celebrity Juice is an awful show and you are a bad person for liking it.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Mid Morning Matters is one of the densest pieces of comedy I think I've ever seen. There are just SO many funny moments crammed into the like 8 minutes that it's impossible to savour every single one. It's got the same sort of pace as Arrested Development, in a way.

Will the next episodes still be short, or will they be half an hour or whatever? It'll be interesting to see if they can maintain the same pace.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Z-Magic posted:

Doesn't Veep also have the Arrested Development guy working on it? My expectations are (perhaps unwisely) sky high.

I think so, it's just that I will be unable to not compare it to The Thick of It, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure it'll be great.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Another reason to be excited about Veep is Chris Morris will direct some of it. I am really looking forward to it.
Somebody give Armando a knighthood already.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Doublepost.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 18, 2012

Roidweiser
Sep 10, 2003
Huuuuuur catchphrases are fun, and cats huurrr

The Perfect Element posted:

Mid Morning Matters is one of the densest pieces of comedy I think I've ever seen. There are just SO many funny moments crammed into the like 8 minutes that it's impossible to savour every single one. It's got the same sort of pace as Arrested Development, in a way.

Will the next episodes still be short, or will they be half an hour or whatever? It'll be interesting to see if they can maintain the same pace.

11 Minutes according to places. I'm liking Alan's quote on the return of the series.

Star of the show Alan Partridge said: "I've always been more than comfortable in my association with this warmly regarded mid-range lager. I am quietly flabbergasted that the good people at Foster's think that, by associating themselves with my webcast, people will consume more of their product.

"I don't drink it myself but I'm familiar with it and firmly believe that the 20-30 age demographic should have access to affordable lager. Going forward, I look forward to moving forward with Foster's in an atmosphere of bland co-operation. It's a good fit. It feels right. I like it."

Wezzo
Sep 15, 2007
Rated PG

Kin posted:

Is there a reason why the first season of the Twilight Zone is only £15 on Amazon yet season 2 is £35?

According to epguides, season 2 had less episodes than season 1 so why is it more than double the price?

Play just this week dropped the price of S1 and Amazon pricematched. Not sure why; could be a decrease in wholesale price, in which case I'd say other seasons will follow soon enough.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Wezzo posted:

Play just this week dropped the price of S1 and Amazon pricematched. Not sure why; could be a decrease in wholesale price, in which case I'd say other seasons will follow soon enough.

Awesome, it's about time. The original Twilight Zone is amazing, but it's been way overpriced for way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CydonianKnight
May 7, 2007

What do you want? Toothpaste in my eye!
This video seems to be doing the rounds on the internet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hoNbR6kj9e8

Sterling work there by Channel 5.