Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Dr. Demon posted:

I would love to have a .gif of that bit where Brobot does a merry jig on Jake's face.

The whole fight would make a good gif, like when brobot smacks Jake's eyes off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Second time I watched the flash, I was looking real hard to see if I could spot any of the Exiles' B2 versions in any of the crowd shots. But most of these carapace people look so drat interchangeable it's hard to tell.

vvv: See, I thought so too, except there is another Dersite dude right there who looks exactly the same.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 17, 2012

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

Second time I watched the flash, I was looking real hard to see if I could spot any of the Exiles' B2 versions in any of the crowd shots. But most of these carapace people look so drat interchangeable it's hard to tell.

I think WV shows up in two places in the flash. He's the one with the exclamation mark over his head when Droog walks by.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

there was a quarter second there where I thought Jake had killed Robodirk by stomping the shades, then I remembered it was a different pair of shades, but for a moment I thought I'd seen the death of my favourite B2 character.

EDIT: I'm kind of wondering if Diamonds Droog is ever going to rise to the level of being more than "the guy I always mistake for Spades Slick for a second"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

there was a quarter second there where I thought Jake had killed Robodirk by stomping the shades, then I remembered it was a different pair of shades, but for a moment I thought I'd seen the death of my favourite B2 character.

EDIT: I'm kind of wondering if Diamonds Droog is ever going to rise to the level of being more than "the guy I always mistake for Spades Slick for a second"

You can tell them apart by seeing whether or not they're currently dying like a chump. If they are, they're Droog and not Slick.

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a swimming cat. Have you heard of a candy that gives courage and strength to weaklings? No? I see. But you're a strong goon, so I doubt you would need any.
Here's a few icons for people who, like me, think the latest flash just rocked the casbah:

:3:

transparency fun!

:forkbomb:

:kamina:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I pretty much lost a modest amount of my poo poo at actual *double pistols and a wink*.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

creationist believer posted:

I thought Jake's double pistols and a wink was going to be the best thing I saw all day, but then that flash kept going. drat.

I assume she's been setting up her empire on B2 Earth since the early 1900s and it's pretty self sufficient by now. Then she just recently moved to Derse to rule there directly.
Maybe it's the other way around, and when she goes into exile it won't be to the future but the past :tinfoil:

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Bell_ posted:

Maybe it's the other way around, and when she goes into exile it won't be to the future but the past :tinfoil:

Even better: if she has the Handmaid's LE-granted time powers it doesn't matter to when she gets exiled.

H.P. Shivcraft fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 17, 2012

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
Wow, that was outstanding, I really wasn't expecting an update today! I hope we're back to regular updates again, it's been a long week.

And is it just me, or has he really been improving in his flash-making skills? Like ever since the End of Intermission flash they've all been outstanding. I guess he learned a lot while making EoA5.

And he's been making so many lately, too. Hussie, you're too good to us :3:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Oh good, something happened. Several somethings. I only asked for the one something, so a couple of other somethings was very generous.

Hopefully this flash means we won't have to deal with much more of shipping misadventures inadvertently caused by Jake English, Devourer of Romance.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Why is it whenever I start to go "Where's the upd8?", Hussie turns around and does something like this?

Oh God. What's coming next? Are we going to see Dirk slap down the Dignitary? :suspense:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DD is so cool.

As far as visual gags in Homestuck go, Brobot punching Jake's eyes off was loving disturbing.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
I've always been a fan of that gag in cartoons, where a character's glasses are literally their eyes, so it got a chuckle out of me.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
And Jake still can't stop killing Tinkerbulls.

Brobot getting his shades back after they get stepped on is a dealwithit.gif waiting to happen.

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.
From looking at his face and the slow walking, I get the feeling that DD wasn't really that into the whole "Murder the Dreamselves" plan until he saw HB's head and Dirk's note. But now Dirk killed one of his allies and then taunted him. So poo poo is most definitely on.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

This is my favorite update since Dave's original two strifes. As such, I went a bit further with my usual avatar creation and actually created frames that didn't exist just to complete the joke. Here!

Have more gifs (One of these I messed up earlier and fixed later, both available for your pleasure):

And some non-gifs:

And fun non-avatar things:

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 18, 2012

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Please please please for one time in your multiple alternate selves' timelines DD don't go out like a chump. I'm not even asking you to kill dream Dirk here, but he's getting a little too big for his britches, just slap some sense into him and make him run away or something, you're allowed to die later

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

JT Jag posted:

Please please please for one time in your multiple alternate selves' timelines DD don't go out like a chump. I'm not even asking you to kill dream Dirk here, but he's getting a little too big for his britches, just slap some sense into him and make him run away or something, you're allowed to die later

Was it ever explained how Droog and the rest of the Midnight Crew died? They seemed to be alive long enough to mess around with the exile terminals until the very end of Sgrub (Droog and Aradia). Then, the next time the MC appears, it's just Slick. I remember reading somewhere that the rest of them "died" when Slick was teleported into another timeline where they were dead during the Intermission, but my knowledge of the Intermission is fuzzy at best.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

closeted republican posted:

Was it ever explained how Droog and the rest of the Midnight Crew died? They seemed to be alive long enough to mess around with the exile terminals until the very end of Sgrub (Droog and Aradia). Then, the next time the MC appears, it's just Slick. I remember reading somewhere that the rest of them "died" when Slick was teleported into another timeline where they were dead during the Intermission, but my knowledge of the Intermission is fuzzy at best.

Slick used Crowbar's...crowbar to destroy the safe, which launched Slick into a timeline where everyone was dead but Slick, Snowman, Lord English, and (though he didn't know about him at the time) Doc Scratch.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
All we ever got was the "highly unfavorable timeline" post-crowbar bit you were alluding to, from this page. No information on how they got killed during that timeline. (Well, possibly CD might have died when Sollux blew up his terminal.)

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Something seemed different about the art in that flash, and I can't place my finger on why.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

DaveKap posted:

If I had money right now this would so totally be mine. BLUH!

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Don't know if this was posted, but I saw this item in the shop for Brawl Busters:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Boneless Jogger posted:

Slick used Crowbar's...crowbar to destroy the safe, which launched Slick into a timeline where everyone was dead but Slick, Snowman, Lord English, and (though he didn't know about him at the time) Doc Scratch.

And Clover, even though he showed up as dead on the Vendetta Itinerary.

Intermission time shenanigans are even weirder than the regular kind.

Saradiart posted:

Something seemed different about the art in that flash, and I can't place my finger on why.

More sprite usage than almost any previous animation?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

DaveKap posted:

This is my favorite update since Dave's original two strifes. As such, I went a bit further with my usual avatar creation and actually created frames that didn't exist just to complete the joke. Here!

Oh god I want to buy that so badly but I'm worried someone will snag it before I can get on my computer because it's just so amazing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is it weird that I want DD to take Jack's place in this universe now?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Evil Mastermind posted:

Instead of the Sovereign Slayer, the Designated Destroyer?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Evil Mastermind posted:

No, it's a perfectly natural feeling. Join the DD Supporter's Club. Cosplay wearing only the finest suits.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Some folks requested a dance party. Here it is:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This flash reminded me Strife! is really good.

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.
The talk about the Intermission just made me think of something. What if Spades Slick is actually the Jack Noir from the pre-scratch troll session and using the crowbar tossed him into the post scratch Alternia timeline? Guess that would open up some plot holes about why he recognizes Karkat at the exile terminal, but Karkat and his ancestor look pretty similar so I dunno.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I assume Pre-Scratch Alternia Jack Noir was annihilated in the Scratch, and there is really no reason to think otherwise. If he was somehow tossed into Post-Scratch Alternia, what happened to the Jack Noir/Spades Slick who was already there? I mean, we know he was exiled and built Midnight City, there's not a lot of incentive to think a doppelgänger's involved.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Robo Pope posted:

The talk about the Intermission just made me think of something. What if Spades Slick is actually the Jack Noir from the pre-scratch troll session and using the crowbar tossed him into the post scratch Alternia timeline? Guess that would open up some plot holes about why he recognizes Karkat at the exile terminal, but Karkat and his ancestor look pretty similar so I dunno.

The reason why he recognized Karkat is because he's the Jack Noir that approached Karkat about exiling the Black Queen in the first place. That's why Slick seems to get pissed when he's watching that because he didn't say anything derogatory about Karkat freaking out while watching Feferi reviving Sollux at the time, but wishes he did so at the time while watching that event from the terminal.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Saradiart posted:

I think it's the fact that there was no fan art in it, at all. It was a pure Hussie animation. To be honest, I think I subconsciously recognized this and it was a part of why I loved this update so much more than usual. Although it's just a guess that there's no fan art, I can't spot anything that isn't Hussie's style. The closest I could figure is someone may have helped with the sprites for animating (there's a LOT more frames of sprite animation than usual) but since that conforms to the sprite style, it's not really possible to know if it was someone other than Andrew who made them.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

DaveKap posted:

I think it's the fact that there was no fan art in it, at all. It was a pure Hussie animation. To be honest, I think I subconsciously recognized this and it was a part of why I loved this update so much more than usual. Although it's just a guess that there's no fan art, I can't spot anything that isn't Hussie's style. The closest I could figure is someone may have helped with the sprites for animating (there's a LOT more frames of sprite animation than usual) but since that conforms to the sprite style, it's not really possible to know if it was someone other than Andrew who made them.

It's not the first time -- the Spades Slick stuffing scotty dogs into his hat animation had a lot more frames in it than normal too, and it wasn't even a flash. I just think it's a Thing that happens when the dersite agents are involved.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

DaveKap posted:

Well, there's no credits entry for it in the art team section, so this is probably true. Unless he just hasn't updated it yet.

Edit: In fact, has there been a flash in Act 6 that the art team contributed to? Besides the dialog sprites in the rap off flash.

Boneless Jogger fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 18, 2012

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
It does seem like DD just doesn't give a gently caress. Jack got mad when bossed around by his queen, and DD seems to be :effort:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I have to say, all of these kids are great...except for Jane. Jake is hilarious (*whips out double pistols* *wink*), Dirk has shown to be just full of interesting drama and of course remains the most badass Strider, and Roxy is both endearing and hysterical. But Jane! Jane you are so boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

Armadillos! posted:

:kamina:

Sloppy dirk/jake makeouts are pretty much a thing now.